2021 Christmas Countdown - 1 day to go!!!

Even Seth was saying the other day that the whole year feels like it's only been a month.

It's going so fast. This is the least organised I've ever been. Doesn't help all the emergency expenditure we've had this month.

It has gone so fast. I hope it slows down so we can get organised!

Argh I'm so frustrated that I just can't get on and buy things....and that at the same time, even if I could I don't know what to buy.

Very refunded my order, so I've no reordered but to deliver to home tomorrow. That's a start on the girls at least.

They usually have a sack each in their room but struggling to think of what to put in it this year that isn't needless rubbish. Probably get some Lols and mini brands, socks, pjs etc .

Argh I'm so frustrated that I just can't get on and buy things....and that at the same time, even if I could I don't know what to buy.

Very refunded my order, so I've no reordered but to deliver to home tomorrow. That's a start on the girls at least.

They usually have a sack each in their room but struggling to think of what to put in it this year that isn't needless rubbish. Probably get some Lols and mini brands, socks, pjs etc .

I'm glad they refunded you and it didn't drag on like these things can sometimes!

Hopefully you can find things to put in the sacks :)

I know! I have no food sorted yet or anything I usually have a little snack stash going by now

I know! I have no food sorted yet or anything I usually have a little snack stash going by now

Yes I can recall previous years you always had a stash.

I spoke to BIL and he isn't coming to ours this year, which is fine. I always like to offer though.
We only have one guest this year, so won't go to mad on food. X

I've not even asked anyone yet. We have an open invitation for all 3 days over Christmas but usually only have BIL turn up on Christmas eve and occasionally boxing day.

I need to start buying food bits. A couple of cupboard items a week helps spread it out.
I think I’m just gonna get chicken breasts this year as only me and the kids and we aren’t that bothered!
I’m just panicking because we only get back from Disney late on the 23rd I tried to get a shopping slot but there was none left for 24th so I’m
Going to have to do a mad dash Christmas Eve for fresh stuff that won’t last from before we go and hope I can get everything.

42 days to go :xmas1: Can't believe 6 weeks today will be Christmas day. I don't even have any plans yet!

Our plans are always stay at home and go to my parents day after boxing day. I did think about going to them for Christmas day but the girls still believe so didn't want to have to explain all that, plus I prefer being at home.
We always ask BIL (x2) but both of them are staying home.....which suits me actually.

I need to start buying food bits. A couple of cupboard items a week helps spread it out.
I think I’m just gonna get chicken breasts this year as only me and the kids and we aren’t that bothered!
I’m just panicking because we only get back from Disney late on the 23rd I tried to get a shopping slot but there was none left for 24th so I’m
Going to have to do a mad dash Christmas Eve for fresh stuff that won’t last from before we go and hope I can get everything.

I think chicken breasts are a good idea, at least you won't have to worry about getting hold of them either. Dh and I were saying the other day that we aren't too worried what meat we have, it's all the sides we look forward to.

42 days to go :xmas1: Can't believe 6 weeks today will be Christmas day. I don't even have any plans yet!

It's going so fast!

Our plans are always stay at home and go to my parents day after boxing day. I did think about going to them for Christmas day but the girls still believe so didn't want to have to explain all that, plus I prefer being at home.
We always ask BIL (x2) but both of them are staying home.....which suits me actually.

I prefer being home too. We used to go to MIL or BIL Christmas day and then the other one boxing day, but once we had ds3 it was just too much. We'd open presents then be getting ready to go out and the boys wouldn't get to play with their toys until the 27th because we'd be so busy. Being the only ones with little kids (dh is the youngest of his siblings and he's older than me, so all his nieces and nephews are grown up) it made more sense for us to host, but people seem less willing to come to us than they were to have us go to them. So now we just have an open invitation and if anyone drops in they drop in. There's usually too much food anyway hahaha

Tried looking around Asda today but my two were just driving me insane.
Reminded me I definitely need to book a delivery slot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->