<3 Positive Thinking <3

Hi ladies
Gosh I have missed so much!

Psychochick and Tesh I feel like you are saying. It's harder not having any reason in a way as there is no fix. Whereas if there was a reason then at least we know what to do. Next pregnancy we will be monitored very carefully airing the first tri. Extra scans etc and I will be taking baby asprin from BFP onwards.
Tesh I was wondering about the soy myself. I got a positive OPK yesterday on CD17, but I guess that is ok if I have a 35 day cycle now? So weird how your cycles can completely change. Longer cycles are fine I read as long as you ovulate. They may settle back down but it will prob take a while. This is only my third cycle since everything so I can't expect miracles just yet.
This cycle I have been temping. No rise yet so will see what happens tomorrow. I have had tons of EWCM and am very crampy today. Hoping this is a good sign :thumbup: we havnt gone mad with the BD as we are taking a relaxed approach. Every other day BD.
Tesh I love your maternity shoot pic! What a fab idea! It's very warming and completely beautiful! Loving the nursery look too! The wall sticker is fab! Can't believe he will be here soon!!
Psychochick your pregnancy is really whizzing by!! Sounds as if that was def a movement that you felt :happydance: so exciting! Can't wait to find out your gender Scan news!

Hungry I hope all is well with you!? Not long now surely!?

Hi ladies.
Sorry I have been away. Been trying to put the whole ttc thing at the back of my mind this week.
I finally got my results on Tuesday. Nothing was wrong with the baby :wacko: I wasn't sure how to take this so I just cried my eyes out. I felt that our baby died for no reason as they were perfectly healthy. So we were feeling a bit perplexed.
DH is still ok with trying again and is willing to give the TLC method and baby asprin a go. If his doesn't work then we will go private.
Now just hoping falling pregnant again isn't another slow boat ride. Fingers crossed!

Hungry I am so glad that you have had the go ahead for a natural birth :thumbup: What fantastic news!

Psychochick I hope all is well with you!?

CD11 here I think. Not much going on. I haven't managed to temp as I keep waking up and not getting at least 3 hours of block sleep before I wake up for work. Not sure whether to just do it anyway?

Trying,

I know exactly how you feel about the results. I was the same with my first loss. Nothing was wrong… so then i'm like ok.. how do i know it won't happen again. Then I had my second loss… but that came back with some abnormality. But still… i dont have answers as to what happened the first time round. But i guess we just have to take it as it is and just hope that it won't happen again. Don't give up.

Hungry I cannot believe u are going To deliver in the next week or two!! That is so amazing I can't believe how quickly time went. I only have 4 Weeks or so left myself, And honestly cannot believe it either. I am so unbelievably uncomfortable that I really can't wait for him To arrive already as my body is just so done being pregnant. I can hardly get off the bed properly, been suffering with spd And there is so much pain And pressure down below it's excruciating. I have put on 27.5lbs!!! I feel so so huge And uncomfortable. Baby's head has been down since 28 Weeks And still is for now. Have my app tomorrow afternoon. Last app he was weighing 5.2lbs at 32+4! Scared To see what he weighs tomorrow. I really hope I have a natural delivery too they haven't let me know yet tho. Have u got a name for your little girl yet? All Baby's things ready? Have got so much on my mind I feel like I am losing it sometimes lol.

Tesh,

Well haha in the next week or 2.. i'm still around and baby is still comfortably staying in. By friday, it will be 2 weeks. So we'll see. haha.. baby's head isn't engaged as at the last appt. But i definitely feel you about all the pain and pressure. I do get it once in a while and walking just feels so uncomfortable. It feels like a constant need to pee and that you're just going to burst open. I think we've gained almost the same amount of weight. But my baby is a lot lighter than yours. Last week, it was estimated to be around 2.7kg. Yeah we have a name!

Well, ready or not, that is all up in the air. I'm not quite sure if we are totally ready and prepared cos there might be things that we didn't know we have to get. It's like my hospital bag has been packed but missing half the stuff! I couldn't pack my toiletries in as I'm still using them. But luckily, the hospital isn't far from where i am.

Psychochick,

My weight gain was also not quite linear. I didn't put on any weight in the first tri, put on most in my second. And in the last 3 weeks, I have barely put on any weight. in total i'm up 12-13kg at week 37.

I am also going with glass bottles just cos i don't feel like it is entirely safe to use BPA free bottles. The only downside to glass bottles are that they are pretty heavy! my friend's kids did not take to glass bottles. It was too heavy and they refused to hold them up themselves, so they ended up having to go for plastic.

I intend to put the baby in a separate room, only cos I didn't want to have to deal with separation anxiety later down the road. So I guess I'll just have to suffer during these few months first.

Trying: every other day BD sounds perfect. We did that the cycle we got it. I like it better, feels more natural, less like scheduled work.

Hungry: oooh it's getting closer and closer everyday to the delivery date :D btw, how do they estimate the baby's weight? Is it based on bump size and your weight gain?

I'm definitely waiting anxiously for the scan next wednesday. Not just for gender but also anatomy scan. I keep reading about all sorts of issues people find during the scan. Also, I hear that's the last scan before the baby is born! I did not know that heh. I thought they would scan to find out the baby's position or something? Or do they know that just by touching the belly?

Psychochick,

Are you excited for your scan tomorrow?? Please keep us updated! I'm so excited to find out all about it.

I think it's different here from where you're at. I had scans every month after 20 weeks. Which became every 2 weeks after 32 weeks and every week after 35 weeks. So... We got them pretty often. My baby was head down very early on but and never engaged even after I went into labor! They only confirmed the low lying placenta in the 34 weeks so I can't imagine only having a scan at 20 weeks and that's it!!! I would go nuts.

I'm actually not quite sure how the weight is estimated. Haha I never asked! But I know it is done via the ultrasound machine. Doctor takes a few measurements like head size. Maybe it's from those? I don't think she puts in information like weight gain unless it's all set up before I enter her room?

So, my girl arrived on April 30 in the early morning! I started having regular contractions early morning of April 29 which worked out as my doctor's appt was at noon that day. Checked into the hospital at 5pm. Contractions got worse and worse and closer in frequency. I tapped out at 8pm and got an epidural. Haha I thought I would see how long I could go on. Thank goodness for that as I managed to rest on and off for the rest of the night and I'm so glad that I managed to have a natural birth without needing an emergency c sec.

So, sorry if I'm a bit slower in replying! It's been a huge adjustment.

I hope you guys are doing well.

Trying, come update us soon and Tesh, I hope your pregnancy is going well and you are enjoying the last few weeks of him inside your belly. I'm missing her kicks and nudges! All I'm left with is a jelly belly which I've never had my whole life!

Omg Hungry, CONGRATULATIONS! And no need for emergency c-sec woohoo! Post pictures!

Just wanted to say that for now cuz it's late here, I'll post more tomorrow after my scan. Excited but anxious about what the results would be.

hey ladies, sorry its been a while

Firstly congratulations to Hungry!!! I bet you are feeling so relieved that she is finally here! :) Such amazing news! So glad that you wee able to have a natural birth in the end. Hope all is going well!?
Even though my results gave no answers we are still not giving up . However if it happens again i am pushing to be referred to a recurrent miscarriage research centre. I am just hoping its been nothing more than bad luck, but i am not sure.
Pschochick hope all goes well with the scan! let us know how it all goes!
I agree that every other day BD is better as it does feel more natural. Although I know it will take us way longer to conceive, but the extra stress is not worth it Ive spent almost two years and i refuse to let it take over my life anymore.
I temped for a bit this cycle and I did ovulate, but not a strong one. Temps only rose by 0.2 of a degree so not far above the cover line. Breats are very slightly tender so I'm guessing progesterone has risen but not very high due to weak ovulation. So I guess at least i have started ovulating again, maybe in the next couple of months things will be back to normal. My poor body has been through so much its bound to take time.
Took a test today at 12dpo as I am drinking tomorrow eve, was negative so I can do this with no worries. Falling pregnant this cycle really wouldnt have been good anyway as I have my 30th party, two weddings and a hen night too attend and not to mention going away. Be best not to feel sick and tired and to be able to have drink (or more) and enjoy. Also i wanted to go into the thermal springs which now I can. Yayyyy! So yes, a BFN was meant to be this cycle. After this mont I want a BFP to hurry the hell up hahaha

The verdict is in: :blue: !! Even before the tech told us the gender, I knew it was a boy. Could clearly see the thing between his legs :p And then she showed us the bum view and it was unmistakable.

All measurements were normal! She walked us through almost everything, I didn't even know there were so many things to check. My second tri screening results haven't come back yet but I'm hearing that no news is good news because if something was wrong, they'd tell us asap. Also I figure if the scan measurements were normal then things are probably ok since the baby would probably show some abnormalities in development if there were serious defects. So I'm very relieved and excited. Can't wait to meet my little monkey.

Trying: my BFP cycle my temp actually didn't rise that much post-O and I totally thought it was a weak O as well. I did have a cold though so that may have affected my temps as it was all up and down. But by the time I got BFP, my temps were def hitting the ceiling of what a strong post-O temp was for me. That's also why I liked temping, it does give you some indicators of how hopeful to be heh. Although I still hoped even when temps weren't good =\

Yeah let your body rest and have fun at all the upcoming festivities.

Hungry: again wanted to say congrats and very glad to hear the birth worked out well. Now that I've had the anatomy scan, it's time to freak out about birth and newborn care :p Our systems seem to be different. My doc said my next scan would be at 36 weeks to see the position of the baby. If nothing else happens I won't see the baby until then! Dang. But it's ok now that I've started to feel the baby move and kick, I feel like I already have the direct line to the baby.

Congrats psychochick!! :happydance: Boy parts can def not be mistaken. Hehe. so thrilled for you and that all went well. I wouldn't worry about any results. No news is definitely good news I say :thumbup: you are almost half way now. Going so fast!
With the temp thing it is definitely a good indicator. Soon as I saw the low temps I knew that this cycle was likely to be a bust. Last time we conceived my temps were way higher. I'm just going to chalk it down to it being my first ovulation in 5 months. I think my body needs to learn what to do again.
Me and DH plan to try and enjoy life. Everyday I wake up thinking about everything that's happened and I wonder whether we will be parents ones day, I still feel that my body has let us down and I struggle with the fact that we don't know why. I am petrified that it will happen again but at the same time I am happy to try again (strange I know). As much as not being able to have a child right now hurts we are learning to keep ourselves busy. Our situation is out of our control, so we are doing all of the things that we can that are in our control. We will not give up &#128522;

Thanks Trying. You're definitely not alone in feeling the lack of control. I think the entire fertility experience feels pretty much out of our hands. I feel the same way since starting TTC. Like inexplicably, the BD wasn't working, then just as inexplicably, it worked that one time, and then my body started undergoing so many changes. It feels like you throw in your ticket and you wait for fate to make a decision. So the only thing to do is to keep throwing in your ticket so at least you have a shot at winning something. Yes, don't give up! I'm glad to see you're so positive about this :)

Oh my gosh Hungry huge congrats on the arrival of your little girl!!!:happydance: So pleased everything went well! U must be so over the moon with your little bundle. Can only imagine the adjustment of having her out And with u now. Hope you are enjoying every second! Can't wait to see a pic!:flower:

Trying thank u :flower:
You are right your body does need time to adjust after all it's been through. I'm really disheartened for u that the results of the testing hasn't yielded any answers.. But some things I guess we just will never get answers too. I'm so proud of your attitude though even through everything. You are definitely made of somethin strong And special! I send all my blessings to u that no matter what gets thrown your way that u will be a mama one day soon, And u will look back on everything And it will all be worth it.

I love how busy u are And that u get To go away! The springs sounds heavenly I really am jealous! Where bout are u in your cycle right now?

Psychochic! Aw congrats on finding out you're having a little boy!! &#128153; When I found out I was having a boy I was actually disappointed for a day. And the next morning I got up feeling so in love with the reality of a son I couldn't imagine having anythin else from that point on! I think in the US it works a bit different you're right. Here we have monthly appointments until 26 Weeks. Then appointments every two Weeks until 34 Weeks. Then every week until Baby arrives.

So I am finally full term today yay. Had my weekly appointment And he is now 7lbs! 3.5kg! I have put on 33lbs!

Doctor told me if he is near 7.7lbs by next week's appointment I will have To go for a section which I really don't want to do.. I would rather push for an induction than a section!

Tesh: congrats! is "section" the same as "c section"? If so, how come both you and Hungry are so averse to c section? Like obviously it's pretty invasive but I'm totally freaked out by the idea of a baby ripping through the birth canal. c section sounds so much more under control hahaha. I do know that it's better for the baby to have gone through the process though, so I'm willing to do a natural birth, but if need be, I am willing to take the tradeoffs too heheh

I also had no idea that 7.7lb would be a cutoff weight. I feel like babies here are born far more than 7.7 lbs like 10 lbs. I certainly think that's too huge and would prefer the baby to be at a reasonable size when it's coming out but I didn't think they'd actually force it out. Are you gonna try the whole, eat spicy foods and take walks to try to start labor then?

Yeah I thought I'd be more disappointed about a boy cuz I did want at least one girl. But realistically I was so relieved that things were measuring normally that I didn't feel anything else. Also, the reason I wanted a daughter is because I want a mini-me I think. But I hear that sons take after mothers, and daughters after fathers actually. Certainly was true of me and my brother, so maybe having a son will actually get me what I wanted hehehe.

Trying,

Try not to worry too much. The more you worry, the harder it is to get pregnant due to stress. It apparently affects our body! So its good you are going away on holidays and trying to enjoy yourself! I know it's a tough journey. I'm with you on that. It's almost unreal that I have my daughter here now. Safe and sound. But the whole pregnancy i was worried as well. First tri worried about miscarrying, second tri worried about miscarrying still as well as genetic test and is she growing well, third tri worried about stillborns (don't ask me why! but i just worried about everything possible due to my history). So every time i didn't feel her for a while i started to freak out. I kept to myself and didn't share these with the husband as I know I was just being paranoid. So it doesn't get easy with our history, but we gotta try to be positive! Somehow! And hope that theres always a rainbow behind the clouds.

Psychochick

CONGRATS!!! A boy!!!! It doesn't matter whether its a boy or girl! as long as they are healthy!!!! That's all that's important to me nowadays! Too bad if the in laws don't get a son to carry the family name, you know asians! AS long as my child is healthy, i'm happy.

Glad that the scans all show that the baby is normal and healthy! but i can't believe you guys only get scans at 20 weeks then 36 weeks!!! I think i would go nuts. So at 36 weeks, they will scan to see where the placenta is and whether the baby has turned / engaged? But what if people went into labor early? Wouldn't they have no clue what the situation is in there? I'm so glad where I am at, they do scan us regularly! it was definitely a reassurance after every appointment. But good you are feeling kicks and stuff now, those are always a reassurance to me in between appointments that she's still there! haha.

I didn't want a c section because at the end of the day it's a pretty invasive op! They cut through the stomach, the many layers of muscles and the uterus. I can see why people choose to do that because you know exactly when you will go check in to the hospital and you don't have to go through labor. But for me, I feel that the recovery will be longer. And since I'm quite active, i don't think i can imagine having such a big surgery. I'm not saying natural is easier cos i'm also in pain from the episiotomy and tear my daughter gave me (since she decided to come out sunny side egg style). It's been a week and it still hurts. But i feel that the recovery should be way faster than c sec. Plus, with c sec, you might end up having scar tissues when the wounds heal. I guess just overall i feel natural would be better in the long run? makes sense?

Tesh,

it's been a change! haha i haven't had a straight night of sleep! i'm up every 3 hours either pumping or feeding her. I feel like a cow!!! But thank goodness i have help so i do get to lie down and do my own things for a bit. She cries every hour or so, so if i didn't have help i think i could imagine how drained i would be.

3.5kg!! you've got a huge baby!! but as my doc says, its all relative. But i believe we are quite similar in built, so thats why your doc is worried if he gets too big. But I guess it's no harm trying to deliver naturally first and if you have trouble then go for a c sec. Rather than opt for a c sec from the start? Would your doc be open to that? My friends both delivered sons last year and they weighed 3.7kg and managed to do it naturally!

Hungry: yeah the episiotomy stuff totally freaks me out but seeing you be such a trooper actually makes me feel a little better. Do you still need a surgery to fix the tears or is it meant to heal naturally? Yeah I guess it's cuz my mom had a csec and I can hardly see her scar and she's never had much trouble with her abs muscles or anything. But then again like you, my mom's a trooper so she can deal with whatever comes her way so maybe I just don't know the worst of it haha.

Oh actually, we already agreed on giving my last name to this baby, whether girl or boy. DH's family already has two grandsons and I also don't think his parents care much. I also don't actually care so much actually, but I never believed in automatically taking on the father's name anyways so I made that clear to DH a long time ago that I wanted representation hehe. I also suggested combining our last names to make a new last name but he didn't like the sound of the combined name. Oh well!

Hey psychochick,

Actually I was terrified too but because I had epidural, I didn't even feel the snip when it happened. And neither did I feel the tear when it happened.

But... When the epidural wears off.... That's a different story Hahaa I think it just felt painful and sore down there for 8 days for me. Walking was not impossible, but felt like I had a waddle. Sitting was not comfortable. Neither was getting up after sitting. I was terrified to go to the toilet. Maybe it's just me. It lasted 8 days then suddenly I woke up one day and it felt heaps better. Now it's back to normal. No longer feel pain. My friend's pain lasted 10. So I would say you feel better within 2 weeks. I took painkillers for 4 days and decided to stop just cos I was BFing. It was supposed to be safe but I never like taking medications if I didn't have to. Just in case.

So your so will have your last name? yiur husband is cool to be ok with that. Haha I think my husband will never agree to something like that. Not that I thought about it!

My life has completely changed. It's revolved around the timings I need to BF or pump. Lucky for now, I'm doing confinement so haven't gone out other than to the Paediatrician. My daughter has jaundice which got worse over the week. Just finished 3 days of photo therapy. Thank goodness it's improved and she doesn't have to be admitted once again.

Hope you're all doing well.

Trying, I hope you are ok! But I take it that you've been keeping yourself busy and happy.

Tesh, your baby should be full term! Are you excited?? You're going to be meeting him soon.

Ah.. thanks for sharing your experience Hungry, I'm glad that the recovery isn't too bad. I think I can bear 10 days of discomfort. Also glad to see that you feel better now! I don't think you're alone in being terrified of the toilet, I've read that a ton of times just on this forum. I mean my friend got hemorrhoids randomly and she was terrified of eating certain foods because it'll hurt in the bathroom. So I imagine a big tear would be so much worse.

Sorry to hear about the jaundice! Is that common? I read that it's common because placenta used to remove the unnecessary substances and now there's no placenta to help baby do the work.

Yea we're likely to give my son my last name. I think he agrees it's reasonable since his family does already have grandsons whereas mine does not. And my little brother is much younger. I think we plan on giving our second child DH's last name, to be equitable. My DH is very easy going and I'm a very convincing person ;)

Hope you all had a very happy mother's day!

Psychochick,

Ya. Looking back I don't remember how bad it was. But going through it, you kinda felt miserable haha but you can definitely ask for stool softener or a mild laxative. And eat plenty of fruits and vegetables when you get home.

I asked my doctor about hemorrhoids. Apparently some people are predisposed to getting it. So not everyone will get it. My friend told me she got it and asked me to ask if I had cos that would make sitting and going toilet even more painful.

jaundice is pretty common in Asia. I'm not sure about uk or us. I know Asian kids tend to have it. Majority have it to a certain degree and it's very common to need to put them under the sun bed when they are born. Oh, and jaundice tends to show up only 3 days after being born and peaks between 5-7 days after. My daughter didn't have it the first 2 days. I've also read that it's because of the liver not being 100% when born and it takes a while to get there? But there are many theories like the blood group of parents?

thats kinda cool that you get to do that. Your parents must be pleased to have a grandson with their last name! Not many would have that opportunity and have a son in law that is willing to do that. You are definitely way convincing!!! Hahaha

Thanks Trying. You're definitely not alone in feeling the lack of control. I think the entire fertility experience feels pretty much out of our hands. I feel the same way since starting TTC. Like inexplicably, the BD wasn't working, then just as inexplicably, it worked that one time, and then my body started undergoing so many changes. It feels like you throw in your ticket and you wait for fate to make a decision. So the only thing to do is to keep throwing in your ticket so at least you have a shot at winning something. Yes, don't give up! I'm glad to see you're so positive about this :)

Hi psychochick.
That's the thing about the BD it doesn't work no matter how well timed your are then all of a sudden it does. You then think wow that was easy! Haha. I am not expecting it to happen anytime soon especially if my ovulation is so weak at the moment.
Not temping this cycle as want to be chilled out for my bday celebrations. I due to ovulate in about a week. But we have ppl staying so don't think we will get much chance to BD :wacko:
Hope you are keeping well and little man isn't getting up to mischief! Hehe

Oh my gosh Hungry huge congrats on the arrival of your little girl!!!:happydance: So pleased everything went well! U must be so over the moon with your little bundle. Can only imagine the adjustment of having her out And with u now. Hope you are enjoying every second! Can't wait to see a pic!:flower:

Trying thank u :flower:
You are right your body does need time to adjust after all it's been through. I'm really disheartened for u that the results of the testing hasn't yielded any answers.. But some things I guess we just will never get answers too. I'm so proud of your attitude though even through everything. You are definitely made of somethin strong And special! I send all my blessings to u that no matter what gets thrown your way that u will be a mama one day soon, And u will look back on everything And it will all be worth it.

I love how busy u are And that u get To go away! The springs sounds heavenly I really am jealous! Where bout are u in your cycle right now?

Psychochic! Aw congrats on finding out you're having a little boy!! &#128153; When I found out I was having a boy I was actually disappointed for a day. And the next morning I got up feeling so in love with the reality of a son I couldn't imagine having anythin else from that point on! I think in the US it works a bit different you're right. Here we have monthly appointments until 26 Weeks. Then appointments every two Weeks until 34 Weeks. Then every week until Baby arrives.

So I am finally full term today yay. Had my weekly appointment And he is now 7lbs! 3.5kg! I have put on 33lbs!

Doctor told me if he is near 7.7lbs by next week's appointment I will have To go for a section which I really don't want to do.. I would rather push for an induction than a section!

Hi Tesh
Glad that you are still about. Can't believe you are term now! It has all flown past!
Thank you. We were very dishearten and it was a huge blow, but we just try not to think about it. I had my cry and left it at that. Otherwise it eats you up. Thank you for the blessings. We hold on to hope as its all we have. I think positive thinking is the way forward. I wasn't really a strong person until all of this happened to us. I think this has made me stronger and has changed me. I am learning of new ways to cope all of the time and I am proud that so far I'm not doing badly. Ok I have my moments but I'm entitled too and I have accepted that it's normal and its part of grief :thumbup:
Now I am on CD9. Due to ovulate next Monday on CD17. Won't get much chance to BD though as we have ppl staying over, so we are kinda writing off this cycle and looking forward to the next &#128522;
We can't wait to get away. It's going to be amazing!
Any signs of little one making an appearance yet!? Can't wait to hear of the news :flower:

Psychochik - Having had a c-section and natural birth I can tell you the natural birth was way way easier than the section. And if I can help it I never want to have a section again because the recovery time was horrendous, I hemmoraged and had an infection with my section. I had tearing with my second baby that happened naturally as he was coming out and it actually wasn't too bad, it healed pretty naturally with the dissolving stitches so that was nice.

:hi: ladies hope your all well congratulations to all who have had baby s :happydance: congratulations to the who have there :bfp: good luck to everyone else as for went back last week to have another ultrasounds on my cyst she said there is some think on the wall of the cyst got to have have bloods done and go and see a gyacoleagist just waiting on a app for the day she said don't worrie about any think because if it ewt its only now started to do somethink xx xx xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->