• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

30 Day Shred DAY 30 LEVEL 3 26th Apr! 17 shredders!

One thing that helps take the pressure off your neck is to not clasp your fingers behind your head or "pull" with your hands while you crunch. I tend to do this when I'm tired and have to remind myself to stop it! Also, think of lifting your chest instead of your head. Sometimes just picturing the move differently changes the whole movement. I hope this helps!

I'm about to start the dvd in a few min before I make dinner. I hate when I put it off until this late in the evening! I don't want to fall off the wagon again, though, so I WILL do it!

Whoops pressed post by accident!

Yes I know I am obviously not doing them right and my neck isn't supposed to hurt. I already do all the suggestions, i don't clasp by head or neck just touch my finger tips to my ears. I look at the ceiling and point my neck to the ceiling and try to focus on using my stomach muscles instead.
It doesn't hurt on the first round of crunches but it's the second ones that you do to the sides. I don't know what else I can do, I just can't seem to get those ones right. I try so hard every time!

My knees hurt!! Doing it a bit later toddy. X

i did this a little while ago and only got to day 14 :( , I think im going to start again and if I try and post on here hopefully it will keep me motivated! Im now off to go and read everyone's posts x

Yes I know I am obviously not doing them right and my neck isn't supposed to hurt. I already do all the suggestions, i don't clasp by head or neck just touch my finger tips to my ears. I look at the ceiling and point my neck to the ceiling and try to focus on using my stomach muscles instead.
It doesn't hurt on the first round of crunches but it's the second ones that you do to the sides. I don't know what else I can do, I just can't seem to get those ones right. I try so hard every time!

It will hurt a bit though if your not used to doing abs. Your neck muscles are working too and its just your body getting used to strengthening everything up. You've said your doing it all right, looking up at the ceiling, not pulling on your head and pulling up through your chest. X

Mine came today!!!!!! I will be joining in when I get home later! How's everybody finding it? Any advice? Lol x

It will hurt a bit though if your not used to doing abs. Your neck muscles are working too and its just your body getting used to strengthening everything up. You've said your doing it all right, looking up at the ceiling, not pulling on your head and pulling up through your chest. X

Yeah your right, thanks, the neck muscles are working too! Hadn't looked at it like that! Glad it's sort of normal.
Tried to do day 9 today but had to stop half way through as kept feeling dizzy. I'm disappointed, not sure if it's cos I didn't sleep well last night or not. I'll try again tomorrow but may go straight to level 2.

Sip on water between reps or moves! Dizzy can be mild dehydration sweety, never over do it :) a little or half way through is better than nothing at all xxx

choc, I hope you feel better :hugs:

Jembug, my knees are killing me, too! I actually ended up doing the Ab Ripper dvd yesterday instead :( I'll try the Shred again today and hope it doesn't hurt so much.

Maybe I have weak knees and they're getting stronger? I hope so... it's that or I'm just getting old :dohh:

On the plus side, I'm down a couple of pounds since we started! I'll do measurements later today (2-week mark) and hope for some changes there too.

Phew! Done, sweated like mad this time. I did the Victoria secrets model AB workout too. The woman is a machine lol.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tZoR7YKqIe8

Level 2 Day 3 done :D I'm so sore! Does anyone else have a problem with their wrists during all of those plank moves?

Level 2 Day 3 done :D I'm so sore! Does anyone else have a problem with their wrists during all of those plank moves?

Yeh I find it quite painful. Do you have an exercise mat, I find it less painful if I rest my hands on that whilst doing it rather than the hard floor.

I love reading this thread! I just started the 30 day shred yesterday so this thread gives me an idea of what to expect!

Need to keep going!!!! I'm starting SW on Wednesday. Just can't shift this stone! Grrrrrrr

How's everyone else? Cx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->