*@*36yrs old and up*@*

[/QUOTE]

IV of Super Glue LOL!!! And speaking of "advanced maternal age"- I am labeled at my gyno's office as ELDER CARE!!!!!! I saw that on my chart on my last pre-natal visit and almost fell on the floor laughing.[/QUOTE]

Elder Care ?? OMG... you would think things would be a little different in this day and age. I'm SO glad my OB/GYN is so supportive considering I will be 45 in a few months. All the "celeb's" having children after 40 would probably have a FIT if someone referred to them as ELDER CARE! It's good to share a laugh :laugh2:

AMOS...hahahah i was gereatric.... hilarious, anyone would think we knocking on heavens door...

Hehe I was labelled as "mature" as I keep saying thirties is the new twenties so I am only 27 !

Get this you guys...when I expressed my sadness to my Dr that my kids were all getting older (my oldest is only 13!) and said that I was wanting another baby my Dr looked me straight in the eye and said "well, good thing it wont be too long til you will have grandbabies to play with" :growlmad: I was only 36 at this visit!

I KID YOU NOT! I nearly fell off the table -He was serious until he realized I was near tears and then tried to quickly rebound and tell me Im not too old to have another blah blah.....The next time I went back he started with "You're not pregnant yet???"

I thought to myself "does he hate me or what?" :haha:

Welcome new comers!!!!!! :hugs:

I am going to be a grandma in feb, our eldest is having a baby , she is 21 she lives in Australia..... its lovely , and i am looking forwar do it, but whilst i am so happy for them , i am still so sad for myself and my loss.... sure i will ge tover it, but we are in ireland, ( we are not irish we are english) so wont even get to give the grandchild a cuddle........
oooooooh did you get tha,t i am going to be a granny, and i am ttc.....OMG!!!!!!!!
well all i can say is, I am a young grannY!!!!!!!!

I love this thread.. I read a lot more than I post on this site, and am always amazed at the support everyone gives one another. It's just nice to find you ladies who can understand wanting to have a baby at 40, and relate to my questions and concerns.
So let me ask this for instance; has anyone here noticed a considerable change in your fertile signs from your younger days? I used to always know when I O'ed, because of the EWCM, and that extra lovin' feeling. Now, I hardly have any CM, and feel frisky more across the board. My last pregnancy was 12 years ago, and it happened at the drop of a hat. I never thought I'd be trying like this (on cycle 5 ttc), and wondering exactly what's going on each month. I want to be able to relax and let nature do her thing, but I worry that things dont work the way they did back then, and of course worring doesn't help. Anyway, I didn't mean to make this so long. Just wondering if anyone else has the same changes, or the same feelings.....

Moon- I definitely notice a change. Not sure if it's due to my age or what, but there are times when I am extremely aroused but you would never know it due to NO cm...and then, when I do have lots of cm, in the middle of getting it on, I will go dry as the desert! My hubby wonders wth he is doing wrong and I try to assure him it's not him--just my elderly ass old body :haha:

gosh i'm really glad i posted this thread!!! i definitely don't feel alone.

okay, so much to respond to, sorry if i miss anyone:

love the new photos csunshine and mam4

i cannot believe your dr. said that to you. is it too late to switch?

and elder/mature care my a$$:growlmad: no way!

in all honesty, i didn't really look for all these detailed signs until the last year (and even more so since becoming a bnb member).

welcome to all the new members! it's addicting and incredibly helpful all in one!

good luck everyone! keep us posted! :hugs:

:dust:

I certainly noticed a few changes since my last full pregnancy 7 years ago, to start with, ewcm has completely disappeared, I guess because of age but also chronic need of daily anti-histamine. Still, I use preseed and did manage to get pregnant once, so keeping my fingers cross that it isn't making me infertile.

The main change for me is AF, it got lighter and lighter over the years, and since my m/c in June, it has got to the point of lasting only two days of light flow with half of it being just watery (TMI, but hey, hope maturity means we've heard it all by now :laugh2:) I have no idea what influence this has o my fertility, but AF is regular, I ovulate each month, and LP is good, so I try not to worry too much about it.

I was wondering to if any of you also go from pma to 'I can't imagine I will ever hold a baby again' on a regular basis. One minute I seem to feel totally positive, telling myself that there are no reasons why it shouldn't happen and that it is just a question of time and patience (especially when I read about bfp for women over the age of 38 :happydance:), to the next minute feeling like this is an unconcievable dream (ha ha), and that I will just continue to go through the ups and downs of ttc forever....

loobi, so sorry for your m/c, what a rollercoaster of emotions it must have been to find out unexpectedly that you were pregnant, gradually getting used to the idea to the point of being over the moon and then having it all taken away from you and now wanting so much to be pregnant again.

CSunshine, lovely picture, when did you get married?

LizzyBeth, what's lovenox?

Thanks for the comments on my photo we were married a year ago Aug 30th! It was the last picture that my Mom got of all of us kids. That was my gift to her.:cry: Sorry I was having a pity moment. It's not been that long since she passed and I miss her so much everyday! Ok enough about that.

I find at my age that I just really started to notice things like cm and cp and tbh I get aroused but not at just o time, it's kinda all over the place. LMAO

Totally understand the YEAH PMA and then OMG it's never going to happen. I think it's just part of the ttc business. :hugs:

I must have the best Dr out there! She told me when we were ttc that I had time for at least two more babies. LMAO I only wanted one and there she was pushing for another. She's the best but has since moved to a different practice so I don't get to see her anymore.

Hope you all are well and dust and loads of PMA to you all!

Sunshine- sorry about your Mom :( It's always tough to lose a parent- they are supposed to be invincible almost. I lost my Dad a few years back and I still miss him every day.

Sunshine- sorry about your Mom :( It's always tough to lose a parent- they are supposed to be invincible almost. I lost my Dad a few years back and I still miss him every day.

My Mom was and will always be my hero! She had beat cancer and was doing great and then all of the sudden Wham! Felt like somebody ripped my heart out! This was just June 29 of this year so still very fresh. I want to call her everyday and so instead I get on BNB and tell all you lovely ladies what's happening in my life! This site is a god send and has been for as long as I have been on here.

Thanks Amos :hugs: so sorry about your dad! It does get easier doesn't it?

:hugs:Gracious, CSunshine! Im sooooo sorry to hear you have lost your mom so recently. Im sure your heart breaks from missing her so much. And Amos Im sorry to hear you've lost your father already...its something I've not gone through myself yet, but I do dread it. I've lost all of my grandparents now and that was hard enough!!!!

:hugs::hugs: to both of you!!!

Thanks Amos :hugs: so sorry about your dad! It does get easier doesn't it?[/QUOTE]

It does get easier, but it's never easy. There are so many times I just want to pick up the phone and call him, or go to the house and ask his advice. It was 6 years ago this past Monday and some days it feels like it just happened, but then there are times where it seems like forever ago. We had a roller coaster experience during his hospital stay and passing- the thing that makes it even worse is he didn't even die from his disease. He died from a hospital mistake. Slap in the face I tell ya.
You will have good days and bad- weird little things will remind you of them and that will never change- the smell of something, a certain song on the radio. Hugs to you---it's a terrible feeling of loss :hugs:

Thanks Amos :hugs: so sorry about your dad! It does get easier doesn't it?

It does get easier, but it's never easy. There are so many times I just want to pick up the phone and call him, or go to the house and ask his advice. It was 6 years ago this past Monday and some days it feels like it just happened, but then there are times where it seems like forever ago. We had a roller coaster experience during his hospital stay and passing- the thing that makes it even worse is he didn't even die from his disease. He died from a hospital mistake. Slap in the face I tell ya.
You will have good days and bad- weird little things will remind you of them and that will never change- the smell of something, a certain song on the radio. Hugs to you---it's a terrible feeling of loss :hugs:[/QUOTE]

Thanks I tell you what I don't know what I would do if I didn't have all the wonderful ladies on this site! I found it back in March and have been a faithful user ever since!

Last week just about killed me! I so wanted to talk to her about every two hours. :dohh: When we were down in Texas cleaning out her things from the house I spotted the dress that she wore to my wedding and I asked my siblings if I could have it. They of course said yes and I immediately put it my car. I brought it home and drag it out and smell her on it every now and then. I hope I don't sound weird but it reminds me of her.

Ok so we should defo talk about more happier times! @@'s still tender and nips are still sensitive and creamy cm but no other symptoms. I had a slight headache and lower back ache but that could just be AF coming. How about you lovely ladies?

LizzyBeth, what's lovenox?

Fbaby - Lovenox is an injection that I take to prevent blood clots as I had one episode w/ blood clots in one leg and in both lungs back in 2004. I've had no problems since then and all my blood tests come back normal (no genetic mutations causing clots.) But my OB/GYN wants me on this "just in case" because they have no way of knowing if a "different" clotting factor is happening when I become pregnant or if I could "throw" a clot during the end of a pregnancy. I've had four m/c's with two of them in the past year. They started Lovenox with my last pregnancy a week after my BFP, but as with my other losses, we don't make it to 7 weeks. This will be the first time I've started the lovenox BEFORE a BFP and with the mega dose of Folic Acid.
I have been "fortunate" that getting pregnant hasn't been a problem, but staying pregnant has been the issue. ~Sigh~ As long as my body and mind can keep going, I'm too stubborn at this point to give up. Maybe when I'm 50? LOL

CSunshine - I understand your pain and the need to talk about positive things. My Dad passed suddenly in 2005. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him, BUT, I know I also have a wonderful guardian angel watching over me and my family. {{{BIG HUGS}}}

As far as "symptoms" go... last night I wanted to go to bed at 9pm, lasted until 9:30 LOL. Lower back pains, headache, tender boobs, and quick sharp pains in the pelvis. AF or early signs? I can only hope for the best but expect the worst. Keeps me SANE!

Thanks Lizzy-Beth sounds like you've had your share of rough spots the last few years :hugs: Thanks for sharing!

Good luck and hopefully the different strategy works!!!!! :thumbup:

Anyone else starting the 2ww today besides me?????

I feel like af is about to land. it's like i'm doing the drive around the arrival zone at the airport. frustrated, waiting and about to get yelled at by airport police. :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->