5dpo, AF due 5/12, want to wait this out together? :)

im 6dpo in a few hrs mac.

no its not bad he made plans with you. sometimes i dont mind if hubby cancels something but if im looking forward to something then it would annoy the hell out of me if he just cancelled. not your fault his friend cancelled. but thats just me... just emphasis that you were looked forward to you and him time

He didn't throw a fit (surprisingly) when I said no and explained why. I just felt a bit guilty. Especially since my smiles are still flashing. I was just so depressed when we missed our egg last cycle that the idea of waiting just even a day and possibly having that happen again terrifies me. I am starting to get some cramps on my right side, usually cramps start up the day before O so got my FXed. Ugh I want him to come home already!!!

Good luck Dobby! I hope you catch that egg :)

Sunshine, I'm hoping its a good sign for you! Can't wait to your test, but I'll be patient for you, haha ;)

Mac, excited for your first appt. I don't think I'll be able to wait for gender either!

Hope all our other gals are doing well. Nothing to report here today. No O pains like yesterday so that's good :)

House news!

So, I'm trying not to get excited (I feel like TTC but with home buying) but SO and I are vying for a town home in an up and coming neighborhood. It has 4 bedrooms, green friendly, modern... it just screams us. I can see it now. There is a two car garage with a bathroom and bedroom on the same floor. That could be the cat room. The second story is all living space with a half bath. The third floor has three more bedrooms (one of which is a master suite with a walk in closet!!!!) and an additional bath. I can see it now. The dogs in one room and the last one for the nursery.

I am so terrified that the deal will fall through (it's a tough market for buyers right now) or the pet policies won't allow all of our pets. But ah! I just cannot stomach a housing let down after all these pregnancy let downs. But I know it is so unrealistic to think we will get this place.

Good luck dobby!! And definitely not wrong for you to say no, especially since you said you usually don't mind him going out with friends. You are more important than a friend and that time (regardless of TTC or not) is important too. I'm glad that he didn't mind :flower:

Mac- do you have any feeling on gender one way or another? I heard about that test from another gal that Dobby was talking about. As I understand it, it will test X and Y chromosomes. If it detects any X chromosomes, than obviously means you are having a boy. But if only Y are detected, then it is a girl. I would think if it came back boy, it is definitive but would be nervous it could change if it came back girl. One of the things I'm looking forward to most next time is the gender scan!

Flueky- where are you at now in your cycle? I know it can make it easier to think you didn't catch the egg and not be as disappointed than hype it up and not be. But one of these months will be your month! Didn't you just have your first normal cycle from coming off BCP? So really, I would think of it as this is your first cycle with a proper chance of conceiving and there is no reason why it shouldn't be your time! All the best hun!

I've been keeping up and rooting you gals on but it posting much lately, sorry about that! I'm frustrated with my cycles. They went wonky in June and I started having fertile CM last week, which was on track with where I should be. But then all today have been having EWCM!! So so frustrating (this is the third time this month that fertile CM has showed up!). However, my DS suddenly started to self wean and is nursing way less in the last 4 or 5 days (and my poor body hasn't slowed production down yet...haven't been engorged like this since my milk came in!!). So drastically shifting hormones= screwed up cycle. I'm just giving up on any sort of tracking for awhile, lol.

I am really excited though! The last few nights he has put himself to sleep at the beginning of the night and is getting himself back down when he wakes up in the middle!!! I know a lot of people would assume a 16 month old is capable of this much earlier....clearly those are ones blessed with a good sleeper lol. But seriously. Our biggest hurdle to trying for #2 is getting Charles fully weaned, sleeping through the night,allow someone else to do bedtime routine besides me and be able to put himself to sleep. And in the last few days have nearly accomplished the sleep part!! Who knows? Maybe we will be able to try in January if this sticks! Then again...I might just enjoy the few extra months of good sleep before interrupting it again :haha:

We were really lucky with aidan he self weaned and was on food a little after his first birthday he just loved food which is so funny as he is a fussy two year old now. But getting him to sleep on his own was a nightmare. Even now if he wakes during the night yhe only eay he will get back to sleep is to invade our bed and cuddle. But to be honest when he stops doing that i will be a little sad. Hubby works mainly nights. Maybe im making it worse lol it was the teething at your charles' age as i found just as you made progress with his sleep aidan would start with another tooth there just didnt seem any break from it and i lost the progress. So know what you mean. Got easier at two but now he has a mind of his own. And my god is he stubborn. Lol

Oh dobby that sounds great the home sounds really lovely hope it works out.

Know what you mean about missing the egg it does stress me as we can't bd at normal time with him working nights so its not always possible

Kksy9b, thank you. Yes I'm pretty sure this is my first real cycle. Hopefully, you are right. Time will tell, huh. If my body regulates I will not be as upset if AF comes, a real AF. I would read so much that most girls would ovulate again in 2-4 weeks after stopping, it made e feel like something was wrong with me. There is a thread in ttc#1 after stopping bcp and I've realized I'm not alone in that. I hate I for us but don't feel like a misfit. Big congrats with weaning and getting him to put his self to bed :)

Sunshine, I'm sure that can be challenging to get in BD. They always say it takes one, but it's easy to think it wasn't enough.

Sunshine, my son was such a good eater until about a month before he turned 2. Now its a trial to get him to eat anything.

Given our timing (BDing two days before O) I think we are having a girl. Gender prediction tests are about 50/50 now...so no help there.

Last night, SO confirmed what I have been too terrified to admit was coming. Why are we not having sex? And when we do, why is it non-reproductive? Because now is not a good time to have a baby. Who made this wonderful decision? SO. When did he decide to tell me? When he finally had sex with me last night then pulled out. I know he has Aspergers, but seriously after 4 failed cycles that's how you are going to break the devastating news that we are not trying for who the f* knows how long? So mic drop. I'm out. He is a pro at pulling out. I don't think I can come to the site. I might stalk, but I'm done posting.

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: Dobby, I'm sorry to hear this. I know how hard it can be. Take a break from bnb and I hope you come back soon when you are back to TTC :hugs:

I'm just so pissed. Like he should have and could have just told me over dinner. Not sit here and make excuses for why we weren't dtd.

Dobby :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: I'm so sorry sweetie. Take all the time you need. Yes, he probably should have been direct about it. I'm sure it was difficult for him though. I'll pray that all works out for you and SO.

Hope he changes his mind dobby. You most be devastated. Hope to see you back soon once hes realised times good and he will make a great dad. Hope it wont take too long. I guess he knew how much it was going to upset you. Hugs

Thank you. All of you. Hugs. I got my solid smiley face today just like I knew I would. Probably going to O in the am. I can't believe we went from getting our stuff together to get this house, talking about the 4th bedroom being a nursery, to all the dirty talk during BD about making a baby, to pulling out and no. If it was like cold feet, ok. But apparently he has been feeling this for a while. I'm so gutted. I was crying all morning. Thank god today was an optional work day, so I took the morning off under the guise that I was meeting with a mortgage broker. I mean, I did do house stuff but still. Sigh.

Glad it was an optional work day to let you sort your feelings out some. That is hard he shouldn't have built your hopes up. I would be devastated if DH did that to me. :hugs: I'm sure I speak for us all. Take your time and we'll be happy to welcome you when you are ready to come back.

I feel like I'm going to end up being the last woman standing waiting around for a bfp

Dobby - your time will come! Sorry he waited so long to tell you how he was feeling. xx

Try setting a date when you will start talking about it again, whether is 1 month or 6 months and enforce that, but stay silent about it until that time. He may be feeling a lot of pressure on the child front and he may be scared but doesn't quite know how to express it.

How is everyone today?

Dobby hope you guys have had a chance to talk when its not asbraw and have managed to sort something. I know my hubby said it a few times in the heat of an argument which is still bang out of line but if he actually meant it i would be devastated. I dont think a man can understand the womans ticking clock. Thought maybe its from that argument a few cycles back as he started to change his mind then. Hope you get back in touch with us when you're back in the ttc

I know ive said it every month so thr excitement of it is gone but yesterday and today i had nausea and yesterday i had the feeling before you get heartburn if you know what i mean. Only ever had it during pregnancy. I do wonder if i imagine some of these signs though out of desperation lol

I got my sons 2 year check uo through 8 months late lol. He can do most of the stuff except hes never tried to put beads on a string as tbh never thought of it and i dont like to let him go up and down the stairs on his own which apparently he should be able too? No idea. He probably can but maybe im just too careful. I hate these check ups

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->