5dpo, AF due 5/12, want to wait this out together? :)

I'm sure they will get shorter and shorter :)

Caved and tested, bfns. One more frer and one cb digital. I'm going to try and hold out until AF is due or at least he day before if my temp is still up.

Thanks Dobby! I think you are right. I think now that my body remembers what to do, it'll be a little quicker to do it's thing, lol.

Good luck with testing :) it's still very early for a bfp.

Hope it gets sorted dobby. Horrible when a property you love falls through.

Flurky yay to the o. Will probably have a drink myself tonight. Least now you can work out when you should o next time and you're working! Must be a relief i remember when that happened to me scared the life out of me.

Af has fully arrived and ouch! Hubby is back working days next week but he alternates shifts hope it makes it easier. Have to admit to bump envy. Me and a neighbour had sons with a few months in between and she is about 8 months pg. She's a lot younger about 25 i reckon. Really wish i started earlier but only met hubby 7 years ago. Just hope it doesnt take as long as last time. Dont think im going to temp next month just opks cervix and cm have a month off of bbt so its more relaxed. Ive enjoyed this cycle more tbh as i think putting stuff on ff every day drives me nuts lol i o the week after my birthday next cycle so need to make an extra special wish

How did your appointment go mac? And have you and silas passed morning sickness yet? Hope so

AF hit last night out of the blue! Hoping that this cycle is a normal one and not off and on like last month. Would be nice if they started regulating now.

:hugs: to sunshine and flueky with AF. sorry about the BFN dobby :(

fingers crossed kk are you going to temp or use opks? hows your sons sleeping still good? my little monkey has been waking the last few days not completely up just thrashing about, he has all his teeth but they are finishing coming through so its not as bad as it used to be but i really cant wait for it to be finished must be horrible for him

Had my appointment today, since I have a midwife I didn't get an ultrasound. I'm fine with that though. I am going in for genetic counseling and an NT scan next month, since I am "advanced maternal age" we figured it would be a good idea.

Thanks ladies. I'm deffo sick. Twas miserable at work and 99.32 just now. Nothing unmanageable but a little cold.

Mac, glad all went well! What's the difference between a mid wife versus gyn? I just assume lack of hospitalness.

Sorry for the short reply... I'm :cry: because of pms sadness and sneezing lol

Dobby, I go to a midwife led unit at a hospital (the same one in Omaha they send Ebola patients to). Midwives are a little less "medical" then a gyn and tend to follow a more natural path.

Oooh that's cool. :) I always thought midwives are separate from hospitals. Shows how little I know about the world

I would never give birth outside a hospital, the US just isn't built for it. Last time I developed pre ecclampsia, had to be induced then I hemorrhaged right after giving birth, and had a second degree tear. Basically what can go wrong with a vaginal birth did go wrong. But the hospital was amazing, they asked if a med student could assist, I said they can be in there to observe but they cannot do anything medical to me or the baby.

I have a midwife too, she is awesome. They have 2 obgyns that like "over see" her I guess you would say, so any prescription I get is under the obgyns name. But I will deliver in the hospital and she is who delivered my other two children so I'm super comfortable with her.

Since I had gestational diabetes with my first, she told me that it would be a good idea to start back on the diet again, just so I am used to it if I get diagnosed again. Gggrrrrrrr...I hated that diet, I love candy.

Thanks for the info! That's pretty neat. Silas, glad you are having the same mid wife as you did with your first two. Do you have the same one as well, Mac?

Mac, sorry to hear about the diet. SO convinced me to join his high protein, low carb, low fat diet he is on (I cheated last night because I was sick). Even though I stopped exercising for the past few weeks, I lost a couple pounds. But maaaaan do I miss my carbs and junk food.

Eek. I've lost 7lbs since my last Dr appt (16 lbs all together since June). I am not small, so obviously I have weight to lose but Dr was wondering how often I am throwing up. Not really vomiting too much, but so nauseous I couldn't imagine eating much of anything. Its getting better now though. I'll put that weight back on with a snap once I can start stomaching more food lol.

I lowered carbs and it helped (pre-bfp) with about 6-7 of those lbs I lost. I don't exercise much (aka never lol) so you know.

My hospital has a team of midwives, so you get to know them all over the course of your pregnancy. There are a couple I like more basically because they are very matter of fact and don't sugarcoat anything, and I like that when it comes to my health. The one who delivered my baby was actually my favorite.

Silas, you are funny. That's how I feel right now. I exercise sometimes aka NEVER hahaha. Really hoping to start going back next week once things settle down.

Mac, glad it worked out that way! Can you request her again or is it just luck of the draw?

Haha. I have a physical job caring for people with mental disabilities. You can't imagine how strenuous it is to dress a person who is bigger than you (and doesn't always cooperate). But other than that, no real exercise for me. I used to walk a lot but I just can't be bothered anymore.

It's luck of the draw, but I get her for my appt next month.

I'm still at the gym 5-6 times a week, I do weights, cardio and some classes.

aww mac i couldnt cope through pg without chocolate :(

do you know how you guys would ideally like to give birth?

i went to a midwife led unit for water birth. ive heard it is great but i was measured wrong and put in the water too early so it slowed the contractions. ended up on the labour ward with gas and air but then had an epi as it was just going on so long (from first contractions to birth was about 1 1/2 days) and tired, but he was trying to get out side ways and got stuck so was nearly an emergency c sec but was delivered forceps right after they pumped me with stronger stuff dont know what. trust him to try and get out the wrong way, he was stubborn even then lol next time round im going to try gas and air but have an epi on stand by

dobby hope you feel better

is anyone doing anything this weekend? im having a lazy one. been making puppets with aidan. im loving that he is getting into art and crafts i love doing this sort of stuff

Wow Sunshine, that sounds terrifying! Glad you are having fun with Aidan. Nothing fun. Just cleaning the house and went grocery shopping. The only problem with both SO and I being on this protein diet is that our grocery bills are nearly double what they used to be. Ugh.

Silas, I can imagine. I changed my grandmother's diaper once in high school and it was exhausted. I don't know how people do it without hurting themselves.

Mac, that is awesome!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->