After the BFP...TTC #1 "Graduates"

I had another ultrasound and OB appointment yesterday. Ultrasound went well, both babies weigh 1 lb 5 oz. OB said they looked perfect and it was the best results she saw all day. Next appointment is 4 weeks away.

How is everyone else?

Yay!! I go in for the harmony blood test tomorrow. Results in 2 weeks. First tri screening ultrasound on the 27th and next ob appointment on 11/6.

That's great news, Savvy! Glad to know both those girls are doing good in there! Have they told you when they think you'll actually give birth? Since I know twins never make it to 40 weeks...

And how exciting, Moni! What's the harmony test? I assume it's just a genetics testing like the others? There seems to be so many tests these days.

As for me, I'm doing good. My last day of work is tomorrow! I can't believe I'll be off until next year! The place I work closes before Christmas up until the new year, so I figured there really wasn't a reason to go back until after we open again, so it'll end up being like 2 and a half months off! Officially 30 days until my due date and I'm so anxious! I just don't want to wait anymore!
Oh, and I think I told y'all about my spotting... Well, it turns out I had a bladder infection, so it was actually blood in my urine rather than spotting. Took antibiotics to clear that up, and all is well again! : )

How are our other ladies going? Suzy and Amy... Are y'all still hanging around??

Awesome Moni! I can't wait to hear your results! Wow, I just noticed you are now in double digits...10 weeks+! Almost to the second trimester already. Hope you are feeling well.

Allison, let the countdown begin! That is great you have an extended vacation over the holidays. Horrible about the infection, but glad it is gone.

On average twin pregnancies make it to around 37-38 weeks, everything is looking great right now so they have no reason to believe it would be any earlier than that. As the weeks go by I will have more appointments and extra ultrasounds to check on the status of these two. I would love to make it to 37 weeks, but as long as both babies are healthy I can't wait to hold them! :)

I had another ultrasound and OB appointment yesterday. Ultrasound went well, both babies weigh 1 lb 5 oz. OB said they looked perfect and it was the best results she saw all day. Next appointment is 4 weeks away.

How is everyone else?

That's great news Savvy! There's nothing better than knowing that oour little ones are healthy :thumbup: So happy for you!

Almost in the 2nd trimester Moni! How exciting!

Allison: still here O:) How long is your official maternity leave? 2months? Is it the same for all of you in the US?

Yeah, harmony test is a non evasive blood test that isfirst screening and hopefully well mean no need for an amnio...

By law they need to allow us to take 3 months off, but they don't have to pay. Myjob pays for 4 weeks, then I will add my 4 weeks vacation, for 8 paid weeks. I hope to work up to the end. Then I maytake a week or two unpaid...

How has everyone been lately? Any updates?

Any updates Allison? I know you are in your final weeks!! :)

So, I got my Harmony results in... very low risk for chromosome disorders so no need for further invasive testing (no CVS or Amnio) and its a BOY!!

Hey ladies! Sorry I've been MIA since I got back from my trip, everything's been craziness. We had our gender reveal party last Wednesday. Funny story, I just assumed my doctor would be doing an ultrasound at the 15 week appointment, and I also just assumed she would be able to confirm what they had told me at the place I got the NT scan at 12.5 weeks. You know, surely it would have just grown and developed more by then, right? So I invited my family and a few super close friends over for that evening. Well, turns out she wasn't going to do an ultrasound unless something seemed to be wrong, and she didn't think her lower tech equipment would be able to determine gender yet! So I explained my mistake and predicament, and she said, " Well, we can go take a look, but I doubt we'll be able to see anything." So she was looking around and said, "Well I see an umbilical cord. I guess if I had to guess, I would say boy, but, there's really no telling. Oh, wait. Oooooh, ok. That's a penis. Definitely a penis. Well, you're either having a boy or your girl has a penis." I was cracking up! Whew!

Moni...so exciting for you to find out so early!! We're both having little boys! Did you have an intuition or wish? I would have been thrilled either way (DH really wanted a boy first) but had a strong early intuition it was a girl....ha!

Savvy, are you finally baby bumping? Hope you're doing well!!

Moni, that's so exciting!! And so relieving I bet!

It's been so quiet around here lately. I assume everyone is doing good though?
Savvy, do you have a big bump yet??
Suzy and Amy, are y'all still hanging around??

I have 17 days until my due date and I'm so ready. The dr checked my cervix on Monday, but it's still closed so no progress yet unfortunately. I'm having so much trouble sleeping and doing much of anything though, so I really hope things speed up and he decides to come a little early. I've been eating pineapple and dates which are supposed to help things along, so my fingers are crossed...

Yay Sara!!

Almost there Allison!! FXed for you.

Hubby really wanted a girl - so he is working on the disappointment - I'm sure he will be fine. Now he can definitely be a little league coach!! I had been telling him that because he was so vocal about wanting a girl he basically guaranteed that we were having a boy! I kept going back and forth on what I wanted - I am happy he is healthy!

Congrats Moni! So glad you had good test results. I felt like I would jinx myself because I always wanted twin girls when I was little, so I figured I would never be that lucky. I had the strong intuition that it was one of each and I was happy with that too. I am a bit disappointed for my hubby that he won't get a boy, but I am more than thrilled for twin girls!

Sarah, such a funny story! Glad that your boy is really a boy! Were you friends and family surprised with your reveal?

Allison, only 17 days? Wow you are so close to meeting your little guy! I am super excited for you. Take care of yourself and rest up these last few days.

My bump is definitely popping out now, I have only gained about 12 lbs but I seem to be expanding more every day. Our friend took some bump photos last weekend and the pictures are on my laptop, so I will try to post one soon. I am a little shocked I am the only one expecting girls here!

Had another appt today and my damn cervix is still closed!!! Ugghh. I'm so ready to go into labor and meet him already!!! I wish this whole process would start already!

How is everyone else doing??

Had another appt today and my damn cervix is still closed!!! Ugghh. I'm so ready to go into labor and meet him already!!! I wish this whole process would start already!

How is everyone else doing??

Allison, ugh! I hope things are moving along better now that it is the end of the week. If not, enjoy one last weekend with your hubby and get ready for your little guy! Can't wait to hear your birth announcement!! :)

Not much happening here, had my shower/gender reveal last weekend. I can't believe how much baby stuff we got. Everything is organized into bins/bags and ready to go into the nursery. Painting this weekend and then setting up furniture so I can start organizing next week. So excited to see it all come together!! Ultrasound on Tuesday to check the growth, etc. Always good to see the twins.

Hope everyone else is doing good!

How was your ultrasound, savvy??

I had an appt yesterday... 1cm dilated and 80% effaced! Yay!! Now we just wait... Hopefully he comes soon so this waiting game can be over already!

Allison, good luck! How exciting!

My ultrasound went very well, thanks! Baby A is 2lbs 6oz and Baby B is 2lbs 5oz. Both looked perfect and are at the 50th percentile. Both are currently head down, but still have plenty of time to move around. I am probably going to end up with a c-section anyway.

Furniture is in the nursery and I am going to organize everything this weekend and then put up little decorations, etc. Haven't completely decided on that yet and wanted to save the fun stuff for last. A couple last things to buy and then I should be ready for the twins!

Moni! How have you been? It looks like you are well into the second trimester! Congrats!!

Sarah, Suzy, Amy...are you still hanging around? Hoping all is well with you.

Just got back from the appointment with my OB, she was pleased at the results from my scans. I am at 27 weeks 3 days but I am measuring 31 weeks! Everything else is looking good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->