Agnus Castus - Success Stories Please!

Hi I have had a regular 24/25 day cycle and am trying to conceive for our 2nd child- but no luck after trying on and off for 2 years. Will agnus Castus help me if I have regular cycles or should I avoid it- i took it on my current cycle from days 1-11 and then ovulated as normal around day 13/14 as confirmed by opk and now am 3 days late but am getting BFN- never been this late before and wandering if it is due to the 10 days of AC I took or whether i am pregnant and the tests are not working yet?

i also have mild endemetriosis and was told it would help with that.

Hello, I'd say that using it with a regular cycle can be counter productive. It regulates the hormones, to make the cycle regular. It can also kick start ovulation for some. As you have normal periods it shouldn't make much if any difference, and some people find it sends them out of wack, makes them ovulate later. It should take around three months to get into your system fully, it's a slow acting herb.

However, fingers crossed for your :bfp: this month!!

Thanks for the reply I ovulated on day 13 as usual as confirmed by the opk so not sure why cycle is so long an I have got two bfn

Anyway will wait and see a few more days

I also took ding quai for 10 days - anyway will stop ac from now as my cycle is regular

hello everyone. I posted earlier on this thread. I started taking A.C. because I had a few 41/42 day cycles and I also thought they were annovulatory as i had grumbling ovaries and ewcm for up to 7 days on and off, so took A.C. from Oct, through to Feb 2012. My cycles got back into swing and were averaging 32 days, although twice I have had early ovulation which I believe was due to the full moon, which reduced cycles to approx 25 days. This cycle, I started taking maca root until ovulation then stopped. I have just had a BFP at 11dpo, so keeping everything crossed that it will stick. I also took a host of other healthy supplements and healthy eating/lifestyle, etc. so am hoping that also helped. I am 41 (42 in August) and have a 28 month old daughter. Good luck to you all xx:flower:

Congrats Kismo! Sending you sticky thoughts :hugs:

thanks Indi! xxxx

one other thing I forgot to mention, this cycle after ovulation started taking papaya enzyme supplement, to help with implantation. I had read that bromelain helps with implantation, so I will keep taking those to see if it helps. If I eat too much pineapple I get awful mouth and tongue ulcers even though I adore pineapple :wacko:

ive just bought some AG as i was on depo injection for over a year and it ran out in feb and still no AF. will update how i go on

remember you need to use it for a few months to see the full effect, but my own experience was great, keep us posted sarahvegas xxxx

I am considering taking this next cycle. My usual cycle is 33-34 days, but my last one was 44 days and this one I am on CD27 and still no O. I am also going to see my doc next month to see what they say.

So I have bought some vitex but have not yet started it

I am considering taking this next cycle. My usual cycle is 33-34 days, but my last one was 44 days and this one I am on CD27 and still no O. I am also going to see my doc next month to see what they say.

So I have bought some vitex but have not yet started it

have you ever thought about taking maca root capsules as well, up until you see ovulation? I did not take both at the same time, I took the A.C. for 5 months then a month off, then took maca root up until ovulation and i ovulated earlier this month, which has resulted in a pregnancy so am not 100% sure it was that or the full moon or just that my cycles were back to normal. Anything is worth a try though, before medical intervention I think :flower: xxxxxxxxxxx

thanks Indi! xxxx

one other thing I forgot to mention, this cycle after ovulation started taking papaya enzyme supplement, to help with implantation. I had read that bromelain helps with implantation, so I will keep taking those to see if it helps. If I eat too much pineapple I get awful mouth and tongue ulcers even though I adore pineapple :wacko:

I didn't know that the enzyme supplement was helpful for implantation! I take papaya enyme every day because I have a hiatal hernia which causes chronic heartburn and I eat the enzyme chewables with every meal because it helps digest my food and usually prevents heartburn. Now I am excited to know it has another benefit!

Hey ladies! I just saw this thread and thought I'd subscribe as I'm taking Agnus Castus for the first time this month.

I have regular spotting from 7dpo and an irregular LP, averages 11 days. I was actually prescribed AC by my doctor, along with progesterone (which I've taken quite a few times before).

I'm really hoping that at least the spotting doesn't happen this month - but of course a BFP would be awesome!

Hi magicvw, as your the only person iv heard that was told to take AC by the doctor, I was wondering what your doc said would happen if you get BFP... will you carry on taking it to prevent miscarriage?

I'm taking Vitex as well, have been since January. Looks like it paid off, as Cycle 1 was 32 days long, but unfortunately had a 8-9 day LP. Too short! I was even taking Baby Aspirin (81mg) and a Vitamin B complex to lengthen my LP. Oh well. I guess I can't expect much being only one month off Yaz.

I'm hoping that Vitex will counteract the evilness that Yaz has inflicted upon my reproductive system! Lol, I hope it does, but who knows? I also have Dong Quai - might try using both supplements at the same time. I'm gonna lower the recommended dose for Dong Quai though, as it is rather potent.

Good Luck ladies!

Hi magicvw, as your the only person iv heard that was told to take AC by the doctor, I was wondering what your doc said would happen if you get BFP... will you carry on taking it to prevent miscarriage?

He didn't say and I didn't ask, as I had no idea about vitex at all at that point. I googled when I got home though and have decided I will stop taking it if I get a line. He prescribed it for 2 months only and I think he thinks it will probably take 2 cycles to get my af to behave, so he probably thinks the two will not coincide! :flower:

hello all..

I took A.C. for 5 months before it regulated me properly. It can take a while. 2 months may be adequate but I reckon they usually take a few more to kick in for the long term. I also took B-complex for a few months too, this is the first month I took papaya enzymes though and maca root. I am also surprised that the doc prescriped A.C., maybe the word is spreading around the medical world....we hope ..... :winkwink: maybe they are getting the message at last. I really hope it works for you all, fingers and everything crossed (but not legs of course..hehe).... :happydance: x x x x x x x x x

i would avoid AC like the plague. It seriously messed up my cycle.

It can mess up your cycles, you must make an informed decision to take it. For me it was the best thing ever, and will take it again after the baby is born and I'm not BFing any more. Do not take it if you have regular cycles, even if they are longer (say 32 days) but always 32 days. It is meant for irregular cycles, and people who O extremely late or not at all.

It can mess up your cycles, you must make an informed decision to take it. For me it was the best thing ever, and will take it again after the baby is born and I'm not BFing any more. Do not take it if you have regular cycles, even if they are longer (say 32 days) but always 32 days. It is meant for irregular cycles, and people who O extremely late or not at all.

yes indi, this is what I have been led to believe, it will screw up regular cycles so only use for erratic cycles, also it can take a few months to actually start regulating you anyway, so it may appear that your cycles are still erratic for a few months until it settles down in your system and starts to kick in. That's why they tell you to use for around 6 months.:flow:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->