Agnus Castus - Success Stories Please!

Ladies, my doctor prescribed it for me, and my cycles are regular. On what are you basing your information? He prescribed it for because I have LPD.

If your doc prescribed it then it will be fine, I'm really impressed a Doctor is advising herbal medicine! I work with herbal medicine and so have had to research it fairly fully. I wouldn't recommend it to someone in your position, unless of course a doctor has given permission. :) Only because like Kismo said, it can take up to 6 months to work and most people want a quicker fix and stop using it to soon thinking it doesn't work. It took three months to work for me, and I reckon if I had kept using it (couldn't because I got my bfp) it would have shortened it even further. Took me from 38 days to 31 and made me O five days earlier.

I live in Bulgaria - it's quite common for doctors here to prescribe herbal medicine for lots of things. I have only been advised to take it for 2 months though. x

hopefully it will also work to lengthen the luteal phase, however I also don't think 2 months is enough time. Perhaps the doctor is erring on the side of caution - I can't say, I suppose the doc has his/her reasons but I know for sure it took 5 months for it to really have a lasting effect on me, the first month it worked and cycle went from 42 days to 32 but then the next month i think was 21, then back up to 36, etc, etc, so it took another couple of months for it to become 32 again. Everyone is different but I guess we have to just try and see how it affects us, individually. It is a herb after all and not tested-in-the-lab medicine. XX

It is a herb after all and not tested-in-the-lab medicine. XX

Well it is actually a tested herb. It seems that in the UK it is relegated to Holland and Barrett status, but in the rest of Europe it is not the same! There have been lots of clinical tests on it. They know exactly what's in it, and how those things can affect the human body.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/docs/en_G...MPC_assessment_report/2010/01/WC500069986.pdf

Interesting to read (some is a bit difficult unless you are a medical pro, but even so) - it shows how various countries regard AC. It also examines every trial that has been done and explains the outcome, sometimes with comments.

On p.26 it mentions using AC in a clinical trial for LPD.
The treatment group consisted of 18 women who had been unable to conceive for a period of
more than two years. Each of them received 40 drops of Agnolyt daily for a period of three
months. Inclusion criteria included a normal prolactin assay, normal prolactin and
TRH-stimulation tests and an abnormally diminished serum progesterone level. Treatment
was regarded as being successful if the progesterone levels were restored to normal or if there
was a clear trend towards normal (an increase of two units above initial levels of < 9 ng/ml or
one unit above initial levels of > 9 ng/ml). Treatment was successful in 13 of the 18 patients,
two women became pregnant. In seven patients the progesterone level in the luteal phase
increased above12 ng/ml and in four cases there was an obvious trend towards normalization.
Before treatment the basal body temperature curve showed a shortened hyperthermic phase in
ten patients and after treatment in four women.

excellent report magic, thanks. I worked in pharma for years, takes me back reading reports like this. I hope the A.C. helps your LPD. The report is very encouraging.

Well ladies, got my :bfp: yesterday! :yipee:

To recap, 29 months ttc with low progesterone and luteal phase deficiency (spotting from 7dpo, LP of 10 or 11 days). I have been on courses of progesterone three times in the last 2.5 years. This time the doc prescribed Agnus Castus as well. I started last cycle and this cycle we have a result! I think the progesterone helps too, but I definitely think the agnus castus is responsible! I still spotted this cycle up till yesterday, I'm 10 dpo today. FX for a sticky one.

Congrats magicvw! I h ave my agnus castus sitting and waiting until after my doctor visit

Congratulations!! happy and healthy pregnancy to you!! :flower:

fantastic! such wonderful news after a long journey for you. Many congratulations xxx take care xx

Does anyone have a recommendation of a brand of vitex to use here in the UK? I have been diagnosed with elevated prolactin levels, and there are so many products I do not know which to use and how much of it

I used the Holland and Barrett brand. It was fine, and worked for me, just follow instructions, you don't need to take more then the bottle suggests. :)

I will have a look in there. Did you have high prolactin and irregular cycles too?

I started this yesterday and I really do hope this is our month :) good luck to you all who are starting it/ still on it xx

hello ladies,
can i join in!!!
i been AC for four day as well as red clover and red raspberry leaf.
i decided to take to get my cycle back after bc because has completely disappeared this morning i woke up and had a little cramping in my lower tummy so im hoping its starting to work hopefully i been one of those lucky ladies who see AF on day seven

I will have a look in there. Did you have high prolactin and irregular cycles too?

Before I went on the pill I had serious irregular cycles and incredibly painful periods. Is why I went on it really, so coming off I just thought I didn't want to go through that again so I started it. Dropped a week of my cycles in three months and made me O earlier each time. Thought it was grand to be honest. :flower:

I have used AC for 4 cycles, it takes 3 to be fully in your system.
It is to be taken 800-1200mg daily started anytime in your cycle up to you OV and then it is healthier to reduce the dose to just one 400mg tablet daily until AF/BFP rather than go cold turkey.
I had a BFP on my 4th cycle but miscarried at 9 weeks, i am now taking it again during the bleeding hoping my first period and cycle 5 isn't far off ;)

This is my first month trying AC. Now on cd18. Trying not to get my hopes up but it's worth a try

i been taking vitex for two weeks now and my mood swings are going :happydance: and my nails grew so long where i dont need to go to a nail salon and i took a pregnancy test because me and my husband have been trying for like 4 months now and there was like a very faint line and when i took another test the line was gone that is so confusing but i hope it works for me soon.
ps. if there is any success stories share pleasee:winkwink:

Hi
Just reading through this thread so many great success stories!
So I haven't had a AF for as long as I can remember me & my partner haven't really used protection since we've been together (4years)
So I started taking Agnus Castus from H&B and I've been taking 4 caps twice a day, I've been taking it for about 2 weeks and yesterday I had really bad cramps and I had my AF first time in YEARS! I couldn't believe but it only lasted one day which I don't understand.
I have PCOS & I'm currently loosing weight 3lb so far not a lot but its a start.
My main query is why did my AF only last one day? Anyone ever had this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->