Any ladies starting IVF in September?

I know. It always seems a bit crap that you have to buy your own hpt for £10 after paying thousands for the treatment. They should at least give u the test!?!
As long as it says pregnant i am more than happy to buy it though ;) xxx

I know. It always seems a bit crap that you have to buy your own hpt for £10 after paying thousands for the treatment. They should at least give u the test!?!
As long as it says pregnant i am more than happy to buy it though ;) xxx

So true!!

Congrats BMW. Are they going to freeze the other two embryos? It must feel so cool to know those embryos are inside you! Prayers that they are your sticky beans!!

Congrats BMW. Are they going to freeze the other two embryos? It must feel so cool to know those embryos are inside you! Prayers that they are your sticky beans!!

Thank you. Unfortantely the RE told me she wasn't sure if the other two would make it to freeze.. I need to call in tomorrow to see if they will. That made me kind of sad but I am so thankful for the two perfect ones that got transferred i just need to focus on these!!

Agreed. You should be hopeful. I think you have a great shot...especially with two! Did they put you on an antibiotic after egg retrieval? They have me taking Doxycycline twice a day for a week and this stuff makes me so nausested I almost vomit. Just wondered if other clinics find this necessary. I am also on a steroid twice a day for a week.

Our clinic in the UK does not give you anything to take after egg collection other than the progesterone pessaries x

My clinic gave me antibiotics after egg collection last time and i'm in South West UK.

That will be the same for me Africaqueen, just the progesterone

Good to know because I am missing doses because I can't stand this stuff. Thanks for the input!

Agreed. You should be hopeful. I think you have a great shot...especially with two! Did they put you on an antibiotic after egg retrieval? They have me taking Doxycycline twice a day for a week and this stuff makes me so nausested I almost vomit. Just wondered if other clinics find this necessary. I am also on a steroid twice a day for a week.

I hope so!!!! Im like a crazy person and keep rubbing my belly telling them to keep growing for me!!! Lol I am on Doxy as well.. It actually doesn't bother me at all. I guess every person is different. I am also on the steroid as well.

Soo much excitement going on in here at the moment :D!! Congrats to all those that are now pupo – really hoping we’re going to see plenty of BFP’s coming up!!

I am bit behind and trying to catch up this morning… Ostara are you doing your transfer today? Hopefully you will also be pupo very soon! And 16 eggs with 9 fertilised sound’s awesome!!

What stage are you up to Africaqueen?

Louise – I am also starting stim’s once AF shows this week. It could start anywhere between Friday to Sunday (for once I am kind of hoping my LP will be shorter and it will start earlier haha). I am on a short cycle, how about you?

Star - sorry to see that about your dog :(. Hugs!!

Hi Kat :)
I have my day 10 scan tomorrow and shall know more from then but based on previous cycles i would say my EC will be on Fri as all the other cycles i have had to stim for a extra day. Not long till you start then! oooh its getting lively in here xxx

Hi Kat :)
I have my day 10 scan tomorrow and shall know more from then but based on previous cycles i would say my EC will be on Fri as all the other cycles i have had to stim for a extra day. Not long till you start then! oooh its getting lively in here xxx

Not too long to go then! You will be joining the pupo gang in no time :). I hope everything looks good and there some excellent egg's ready to be collected! xox

Thank you!
It is always such a milestone for us to reach transfer due to my low ovarian reserve and poor egg quality. We have only ever had 1 embryo from each cycle so we reach transfer by the skin of our teeth really. Always so relieved to be told we have a embryo but do keep in back of my mind that it may not always be the case as my issues will only get worse with time. I have lost a lot of weight though so hoping that makes the difference this time around as i know being badly overweight can make a difference to fertility so fingers crossed xxx

Africaqueen – Well I really hope you get lucky this time and have more than 1 viable embie – although I understand that you would expect the results to be similar given the circumstance and previous cycles. Got my fingers crossed that this will be your BFP cycle!!! I definitely think losing the weight should make a difference, if not with the egg quantity at least with the egg health - I recently read an article that is based around studies which suggest that egg quality can be influenced by our diet and health, and is not just influenced by our age/reserve (although obviously those are still factors).

BNW – Yeah I know huh! I can’t believe that this time next week I will a few days into injections.. just seems surreal at this point! I’ve spent the last few month’s following other ladies IVF journeys on here and on Instagram, and it just feels so weird that I will now be going through all the same processes. It’s so exciting and scary at the same time haha.

xox

Well, ladies... No transfer for me today!! We drove pretty much all the way to my pre-transfer acupuncture session and the clinic called! 5 of our 9 embryos are top grade, so we're going to blastocyst and doing the transfer on Wednesday instead!

I'm so pleased! I just keep thinking that if we can put a perfect blastocyst back, it'll be a fighter and will settle in regardless of my thin lining!

So we drove all the way home again lol.

Hope everyone else is doing ok :) Doxie and BMW, how are you feeling?

Africaqueen, I have my fingers firmly crossed for you? Let us know how that scan goes :)

Katbar, not long to go!! I get you're feeling really excited and nervous all the the same time! I know I was in the run up to starting our cycle!

KatBar - Good luck to you! We will all be here for you every step of the way :hugs:

Ostara - Yay on 5day transfer hun!! Great news. I'm feeling okay. Took off of work today, but can't wait to go back in tomorrow because staying home will drive me insane! lol

Kat- Thank you :) u will soon be part of the madness! lol. x

Ostara- FAB news! a blast transfer does increase your chances of success so sounds very promising! Good luck for Wed! x

Hi to Beneath, Star, Doxie and all the other ladies x

AFM- Went for my day 10 scan and all good! obviously we still only have 3 follicles but they are now 22mm, 21mm and 20.5mm so fantastic growth since last scan and egg collection all booked in for 12 noon on Thursday! Trigger tomorrow night. So relieved! really going for quality over quantity this time around so hoping and praying we get 3 good quality eggs! so excited and nervous. You would think id be used of it by now! lol xxx

Thanks girls!

I've got the next two weeks off work, BMW, but mostly because I fancied. Break. I plan to rest after transfer on Wednesday and Thursday and take it easy on Friday, although I'll be heading to pick up my shiny new iPhone 6 lol. I figure a leisurely drink and a stroll around the shops will be relaxing enough! Lol.

Glad your scan went well, Africa! I have my fingers crossed that you get 3 lovely eggs from those follicles :) definitely sounds promising!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->