Any ladies starting IVF in September?

BMW and Doxie, good luck for your egg collections tomorrow!

I'm still hoping to be following you shortly with egg collection on Friday, but might have to stim for a couple more days :(

had my scan yesterday and there are now 21 follicles in total - 11 on my right ovary ranging from 9mm - 15mm and 10 on my left ovary ranging from 7mm - 14mm. most of them were 11mm or above (14 of the 21) so hopefully would be big enough by Friday, but obviously some are lacking a bit size wise :( nurse said they'd make a decision after my scan tomorrow morning, but might need to wait for egg collection until Monday :( obviously, it's not the end of the world - if we have to wait to get a better outcome at egg collection, then so be it, but I'm bored of this bit now - I've had a constant headache whilst stimming and I really wanted the chance to go to blastocyst if possible, which I don't think i'll be able to do if we have collection on Monday because day 5 will be Saturday and I don't think my clinic does transfers at the weekend :( I know there's a chance we wouldn't get that far anyway, but I wanted transfer day to be decided by the embryos, not by whether the clinic works weekends!

So I've been thinking big follicle thoughts and praying for a growth spurt before tomorrow's scan!!

hope everyone else is well - posting during my lunch break, so apologies for the selfish post - don't have time to catch up with everyone properly xx

BMW: My retrieval is scheduled for tomorrow morning at 9am.

Ostara:
I hope your follicles keep growing and are ready by Friday. I know what you mean. The process is grueling. Sending positive vibes your way!

Beneath and Doxie- How are you ladies doing? hope you got some healthy eggs today and that it went smoothly x

Ostara- Good luck for your rescan. It is amazing how much follicles can grow in just a few days, believe me! x

AFM- Well went for my day 5 scan and not great tbh. The left ovary has not responded at all, and only 3 follicles have responded on the right ovary. Sized 12mm, 11.5mm and 10.5mm. Obviously we were aware we would get less follicles than last cycle as my stimms dose is half the dose of last cycle, but bit disappointed that my left ovary has not responded at all... ah well obviously with DOR and poor egg quality the issue is only going to get worse with time and we have 3 decent looking follicles that we hope contain 3 decent eggs gotta stay positive and hope for a miracle as this is the last cycle with my own eggs and we are a long way off affording a DE cycle so please god let this work xxx

All went well today!!! They had said it was six eggs retrieved but when they counted it was seven, guess one was hiding.. Now the dreaded wait till tomorrow ahhhh

Aww great news! we got 7 eggs last cycle :) i find this wait, the worst by far! its torture waiting for the fertilisation report. Thinking of you and hope you get a great report and maybe even some frosties out of this cycle! PMA all the way xxx

Aww great news! we got 7 eggs last cycle :) i find this wait, the worst by far! its torture waiting for the fertilisation report. Thinking of you and hope you get a great report and maybe even some frosties out of this cycle! PMA all the way xxx

Yes, the wait is soo hard! It feels so weird also knowing the eggs aren't in my ovaries anymore and I'm just praying they do good!! Thank you so much!!

Yeah its the strangest feeling to know your eggs an hubbys sperm are getting jiggy in the lab of love miles away from you! crazy times! hope u get your call nice and early tomorrow. Waiting is horrendous xxx

Hi all

Africaqueen, think positive on the follicles you do have, they will be of good quality and just what you need :)

Beneath, well done on the eggs, get a good nights sleep ready for your good news tomoro :)

Ostara, how did today's scan go? Hope your head is feeling better :)

Hi ladies,

BMW, congrats on getting egg collection out of the way. I have my fingers crossed for good news for you tomorrow morning.

Have we heard from Doxie yet?

Africaqueen, sorry you didn't have the news you were hoping for at your scan. I hope you're ok and that everything progresses well. It only takes one! (If only it was as easy to take that advance as it is to give it!)

Few mixed emotions for me today. Had my scan this morning. The good news is that egg collection is on Friday, as planned. But that's pretty much where the good news stopped.

My lining is now 6.9mm. It was 7.6mm on Monday. the nurse was as confused as I was. She said it looks perfect - triple layer and all that jazz - and doesn't look like it's deteriorating and I haven't had any bleeding, but it's definitely thinner. Obviously, it's only a little bit thinner - less than 1mm - but it's still thinner and it shouldn't be. after my scan, we had to wait around for an hour while she spoke to my consultant to see what he wanted to do.

He decided we need to do egg collection on Friday because of the number of follicles I have. He said if they wait til Monday, I'd be at risk of ohss, which we obviously don't want. He's going to check my lining again at egg collection. If it stays as it is or gets thicker, we'll go ahead with transfer, but if it gets thinner, they'll freeze the embryos and do transfer at a later date :(

Then there's my follicles... I have lots, but not all of them are a good size :(

On my right ovary, there are now 12 follicles - 1@ 20mm, 1@ 19mm, 1@ 18mm, 2@ 17mm, 1@ 16mm, 1@ 15mm, 2@ 14mm, 1@ 13mm and 2@ 11mm.

On my left ovary, there are now 11 follicles - 1@ 18mm, 1@ 17mm, 3@ 14mm, 2@ 13mm, 1@ 12mm, 1@ 10mm, 1@ 9mm and 1@ 6mm.

The nurse said she reckons we'll get about half a dozen eggs, which I know is a good number, but it doesn't feel like a good number when there are so many follicles in there! I really hope a few more grow to a good size before Friday.

Came out feeling really disappointed. I'm really worried about my lining. I don't understand why it got thinner and I really don't want to go through all this and then not have an embryo transferred, but at the same time, I don't want to have the transfer and then blame myself and my stupid lining if the cycle fails. I had acupuncture this afternoon and she used all the blood building points she could think of. I've stocked up on pomegranate juice... Does anyone know of anything else I can do to help thicken my lining?

Trigger shot is at 8:30 tonight. Not much looking forward to that, but glad it'll be my last injection - took my last menopur and cetrotide this morning.

On a slightly less serious note, I got really upset the other day (feel free to laugh when you hear why)... Because I followed the same car all the way home and the last three letters of the reg were BFN. I convinced myself it was a bad omen.

Well, today, I followed a different car all the home (well, all the way into asda, anyway) and the last three letters of this one were BFP!

Hi ladies,

BMW, congrats on getting egg collection out of the way. I have my fingers crossed for good news for you tomorrow morning.

Have we heard from Doxie yet?

Africaqueen, sorry you didn't have the news you were hoping for at your scan. I hope you're ok and that everything progresses well. It only takes one! (If only it was as easy to take that advance as it is to give it!)

Few mixed emotions for me today. Had my scan this morning. The good news is that egg collection is on Friday, as planned. But that's pretty much where the good news stopped.

My lining is now 6.9mm. It was 7.6mm on Monday. the nurse was as confused as I was. She said it looks perfect - triple layer and all that jazz - and doesn't look like it's deteriorating and I haven't had any bleeding, but it's definitely thinner. Obviously, it's only a little bit thinner - less than 1mm - but it's still thinner and it shouldn't be. after my scan, we had to wait around for an hour while she spoke to my consultant to see what he wanted to do.

He decided we need to do egg collection on Friday because of the number of follicles I have. He said if they wait til Monday, I'd be at risk of ohss, which we obviously don't want. He's going to check my lining again at egg collection. If it stays as it is or gets thicker, we'll go ahead with transfer, but if it gets thinner, they'll freeze the embryos and do transfer at a later date :(

Then there's my follicles... I have lots, but not all of them are a good size :(

On my right ovary, there are now 12 follicles - 1@ 20mm, 1@ 19mm, 1@ 18mm, 2@ 17mm, 1@ 16mm, 1@ 15mm, 2@ 14mm, 1@ 13mm and 2@ 11mm.

On my left ovary, there are now 11 follicles - 1@ 18mm, 1@ 17mm, 3@ 14mm, 2@ 13mm, 1@ 12mm, 1@ 10mm, 1@ 9mm and 1@ 6mm.

The nurse said she reckons we'll get about half a dozen eggs, which I know is a good number, but it doesn't feel like a good number when there are so many follicles in there! I really hope a few more grow to a good size before Friday.

Came out feeling really disappointed. I'm really worried about my lining. I don't understand why it got thinner and I really don't want to go through all this and then not have an embryo transferred, but at the same time, I don't want to have the transfer and then blame myself and my stupid lining if the cycle fails. I had acupuncture this afternoon and she used all the blood building points she could think of. I've stocked up on pomegranate juice... Does anyone know of anything else I can do to help thicken my lining?

Trigger shot is at 8:30 tonight. Not much looking forward to that, but glad it'll be my last injection - took my last menopur and cetrotide this morning.

On a slightly less serious note, I got really upset the other day (feel free to laugh when you hear why)... Because I followed the same car all the way home and the last three letters of the reg were BFN. I convinced myself it was a bad omen.

Well, today, I followed a different car all the home (well, all the way into asda, anyway) and the last three letters of this one were BFP!

Eat a handful of brazil nuts each day. They contain selenium which helps womb lining. Good luck x

Ostara- Right, firstly, take a breath and calm down. I understand how frantic IVF can make us. The one thing that keeps me sane during my cycles is this- there is nothing we can do other than give ourselves the jabs etc. After that it is out of our hands and all the stressing an worrying makes no difference either way. You will have lots of eggs from that lot of follicles and the smaller ones will increase in size between now and Fri(for sure) BUT, and i keep saying this to ladies on their first cycles- It is quality that matters not quantity. I got 7 eggs last year, ended up with 1 low graded embryo. My friend got 2 eggs, and ended up with twins 3yrs ago. It really is luck of the draw with this. Just stay strong, have a herbal tea, read a good book, do a crossword, watch a movie, take a walk. Do whatever it takes to get your mind concentrating on something other than this. Your lining can soon increase by Friday too. I was given a odd tip on my first cycle when my lining was a bit thin.. eat chocolate ;) obviously after transfer we can't so much as caffeine can cause mc but we arent at that point yet so give it a try. it worked for me. It increased my lining by around 2mm. Good luck x

Star- Yeah defo going for quality over quantity this time around. If we get two eggs that are great and are our embies then we are very happy as never had more than one embie. We would be delighted with 1 healthy embie also. Just knowing there is a strong chance of pregnancy ;) x

I'm not sure of any tips for lining ostara, hope it thickens for you, sounds like you have some good follicles though just have to try and focus on the positives and the bfp number plate is a good sign!

Just a quick question, looking at protocol and on day of transfer says I have an injection of GnRH agonist which will be buserelin as been shown to improve chance of success, just wondered if anyone knew why this why? It's given by the nurse but I will have the buserelin at home so just have to remember to take it in

Never heard of that Star... you're in the UK too arent you? Iv never had it on my transfers. Curious to know more though as il be asking for it this time around if it increases success! Our clinic now use the Eeva or embryoscope as standard now so that is promising xxx

Yes I'm in the UK, it says in my notes that an injection of GnRH agonist during the luteal phase of cycle has been shown to improve chances of success so could be worth asking about, its great they use embryoscope as standard, we'll be using it but only because it's part of the trial I'm doing, I'm glad I waited and done the trial as I would have had to wait to start anyway because of the long cycle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->