Any one due in Feb???

We did not see the dungeons! Oh well, one more reason to go back! You really have never been to Greyfriars or heard about Bloody George Mackenzie and the covenanters prison? Oh, my, read up on it and then head over to the cemetery around sunset. SUPER creepy! I don't know what the deal is, but the Scots have strange customs about their headstones! They are covered in skeletons and demons! What is the reason for this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Kirkyard

As far at the royal mile, for a first timer, it was neat to see! The shops are a bit kitschy, and I was a little unnerved that some of the shops had Russian clerks selling 'authentic' Scottish wares. I found a family owned shop and got a few wool scarves and things. Nice place.

We stayed at the Castle Rock Hostel. It had THE most amazing view of the Castle from below. Our walk from the bus stations was far, but it was SO neat. All that dark sandstone give the city a Gothic feeling. I really wish we could have stayed longer!

As for the highlands, for one I am a HUGE fan of the Outlander novels by Diana Gabaldon. All of her books are based in Scotland, particularly the highlands. I also have some Scottish heritage in my family, based in the highlands, So I am interested to see it in person.

Well congrats to all the recent gals who are in February! Looking forward to a very happy, healthy, and boring 7-8 months for all of us!

We did not see the dungeons! Oh well, one more reason to go back! You really have never been to Greyfriars or heard about Bloody George Mackenzie and the covenanters prison? Oh, my, read up on it and then head over to the cemetery around sunset. SUPER creepy! I don't know what the deal is, but the Scots have strange customs about their headstones! They are covered in skeletons and demons! What is the reason for this? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greyfriars_Kirkyard

As far at the royal mile, for a first timer, it was neat to see! The shops are a bit kitschy, and I was a little unnerved that some of the shops had Russian clerks selling 'authentic' Scottish wares. I found a family owned shop and got a few wool scarves and things. Nice place.

We stayed at the Castle Rock Hostel. It had THE most amazing view of the Castle from below. Our walk from the bus stations was far, but it was SO neat. All that dark sandstone give the city a Gothic feeling. I really wish we could have stayed longer!

As for the highlands, for one I am a HUGE fan of the Outlander novels by Diana Gabaldon. All of her books are based in Scotland, particularly the highlands. I also have some Scottish heritage in my family, based in the highlands, So I am interested to see it in person.

Nope never heard of any of that! Will deffo read up on it in morning...if I read now I won't sleep tonight and will dream of things draping over headstones lol!

Ah right I see, I hope you do make it back to see everything you want to! I'm in awe of you living in America personally. That was my dream for years, only place in US I've been to is Florida! I'd love to go to New York and California though!

Is anyone getting pregnancy sickness yet? Mines started a week ago but seems to have died off again the last two days :wacko:

No pregnancy sickness yet, but according to my chart's ovulation date I'm only at 4+6 (5+1 by LMP) so I wouldn't expect it. It's weird to not feel pregnant really - I have some minor to medium cramping and tender boobs which occasionally like to give off stabbing pains, but other than that nothing really. My mom was absolutely horribly sick during her pregnancies so I'll be sort of worried if I don't follow in her footsteps!

Engineergirl - I have been sick since the beginning of week 4! almost 2 solid weeks of bad MS! Hopefully you won't get it all at! :flower:

Hi February mamas ,

I'm new to BnB & due on the 7th of Feb :) can't wait !!! This is my 3rd baby .. I have 2 lovely girls and really really hope this little bean will stick in there . Wish you all healthy pregnancies

Don't feel bad. We lived in Las Vegas for 3 years and never saw a show! It took us 2 years as tourists to see one! I always wanted to see Phantom; it was always raved about!

Oh my gosh, hop on Ryan Air for 40 euros (and before you get too pregnant)! Edinburgh is a MUST SEE!

Oh if you guys go back you should try your best to see Phantom ;)

Sob sob, we were gonna go later this year if we could afford it but we're now in the middle of buying a house - its quite necessary now with baby on the way ;) We are renting at present and hadn't really thought of buying but I know the more advanced the pregnancy gets the more I'll want to "nest" :D

OMG!! I looooooooooooove those books so much! Haven't gotten around to the most recent one yet as I was saving it for HM and then I kinda never got around to it!! That's the main reason I've always wanted to go to Scotland!! I heard somewhere they even do Outlander tours! I am most definitely going next year, I just have to make sure its not with DH cause he just doesn't understand my DG obsession!!

OMG!! I looooooooooooove those books so much! Haven't gotten around to the most recent one yet as I was saving it for HM and then I kinda never got around to it!! That's the main reason I've always wanted to go to Scotland!! I heard somewhere they even do Outlander tours! I am most definitely going next year, I just have to make sure its not with DH cause he just doesn't understand my DG obsession!!

Oh, I know how looking for a new house goes! We just moved into our new place in April. It's nice, but BOY there's a lot of work that goes along with it! We had been staying with our parents for a while previously while we house hunted, and ya wanna know what I missed the most about having my own house? Walking around in the nude and having my own kitchen. Can't do that at the parents! lol!

YES!! Outlander is the BEST series I have EVER read! I can't believe you haven't gotten to An echo In the bone yet. It came out what, like 2 years ago! Get to it! :) Your DH and my DH would be in the same boat. Danny doesn't understand my obsession, but I don't think he minds it because he gets a lot more :sex: when I'm reading Outlander, hehe!! When we got to Scotland, I was almost squealing because I was like 'Jamie and Claire were here!' There was even a shop on the way to the hostel called 'Frasers'. SO dorky, I know!!

Hi February mamas ,

I'm new to BnB & due on the 7th of Feb :) can't wait !!! This is my 3rd baby .. I have 2 lovely girls and really really hope this little bean will stick in there . Wish you all healthy pregnancies

Welcome, Congrats, and wishing you a H&H 9 mos! Stick bean, stick!:thumbup:

Oh, I know how looking for a new house goes! We just moved into our new place in April. It's nice, but BOY there's a lot of work that goes along with it! We had been staying with our parents for a while previously while we house hunted, and ya wanna know what I missed the most about having my own house? Walking around in the nude and having my own kitchen. Can't do that at the parents! lol!

YES!! Outlander is the BEST series I have EVER read! I can't believe you haven't gotten to An echo In the bone yet. It came out what, like 2 years ago! Get to it! :) Your DH and my DH would be in the same boat. Danny doesn't understand my obsession, but I don't think he minds it because he gets a lot more :sex: when I'm reading Outlander, hehe!! When we got to Scotland, I was almost squealing because I was like 'Jamie and Claire were here!' There was even a shop on the way to the hostel called 'Frasers'. SO dorky, I know!!

Well we've found a house we like BUT we just have to get the loan to buy it! FXed! There's so much paperwork and crap :haha: Feel like we'll never get there, I know we will of course but at the moment it feels never ending! Haha, I think I'd miss those things too if we weren't in our own house!! ;)

Oh totally, love that series so much! I dunno how I never got around to AEITB, its sitting on my shelf upstairs all lonely! I was re-reading the rest of them before I got to that one and the wedding just got in the way! I am halfway through Drums, I'll get stuck in and finish them all!

I would totally be like that too if I (when I eventually) go to Scotland!! DH would not like it at all! He despises the name Jamie :haha: Which is terrible really cause his name is James and I was trying to convince him to name the lil one Jamie (after himself of course ;) ) but he wasn't falling for it!:haha:

Congrats on everyones bfp!!! Mine is Feb 4th and cant wait to see my sunshine :)

Hi Ladies,

Had a bit of a scare this morning. Went to pee and noticed a small blood clot when I wiped. so far only faint pink when I wipe now (sorry for TMI) and so I called the nurse and she said that it was normal. Probably uterus stretching.

Anyone else have this? I was freaking out this morning. I am will be 6 weeks tomorrow and so worried about hanging on to this bean.

Hi Ladies,

Had a bit of a scare this morning. Went to pee and noticed a small blood clot when I wiped. so far only faint pink when I wipe now (sorry for TMI) and so I called the nurse and she said that it was normal. Probably uterus stretching.

Anyone else have this? I was freaking out this morning. I am will be 6 weeks tomorrow and so worried about hanging on to this bean.

I haven't had bleeding hun but I've heard plenty of women have had it and its meant to be perfectly normal at this stage. Saying that if it doesn't ease off or starts to get worse I'd see a doc or someone about it! Most women I know who've bled at this stage have all gotten u/s to see if everything was ok!

Oh, buying a house...so much paperwork! My hand cramped up halfway through!! I hope you get approved and get all settled! You won't be able to help move anything if you wait a few more months :p oh wait, maybe that's incentive to hold off...heehee

I hereby order you to GET TO READING!! I love Drums of Autumn, hell i loved ALL the books. Echo is definitely a great one!

BTW, I got my scan yesterday...not much to see :( but all is normal!!! I wish I would have waited until 7 weeks like you are!!

Hi Ladies,

A clot or spotting?

Oh, buying a house...so much paperwork! My hand cramped up halfway through!! I hope you get approved and get all settled! You won't be able to help move anything if you wait a few more months :p oh wait, maybe that's incentive to hold off...heehee

I hereby order you to GET TO READING!! I love Drums of Autumn, hell i loved ALL the books. Echo is definitely a great one!

BTW, I got my scan yesterday...not much to see :( but all is normal!!! I wish I would have waited until 7 weeks like you are!!

Haha, that's great incentive to hold off :haha: Nearly have everything now, have about 3 or 4 more things to do but hoping to file the paperwork tomorrow evening!! FXed!! And we should find out if we're approved in about a month, maybe less!

Well at the moment I'm reading another series, a lot more light hearted and just - well, fluff :haha: But I'll get cracking on Drums again soon, I promise :)

OMG!!! That's fantastic!! Was your EDD accurate hun? I have a feeling mine is off by a few days but I guess we'll find out! I also just realised today that our first scan is on the 11th which is our two month wedding anniversary :) It's gonna be so hard to wait til then though - I want my scan now!!

Oh, well the scan wasn't much to look at :( but take a look! https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/659333-5-week-ultrasound.html

Nikki, so glad your bean is in the right place. I'm sure your scans will get more exciting. I can't wait to start having stuff about my pregnancy confirmed. First appointment is a week away, but I think that's just to go over medical history.

Awe nikki, your lil bean is perfect and in the right place - everything is as it should be! I can't wait to have my scan to be able to rest easy that everything is as it should be! I'd say my doc is gonna tell me that I'm about 5+1 or 2, not the 5+5 my ticker says!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->