Any other Valentine's Day testers? Update; 4 BFP's!!!!!!!!

Congrats to redhead!

As expected, AF got me but I`d love to come back for the next TWW. Hope this thread is still around!

Hey chocolate chip that sucks Hun I'm sorry. I'm still convinced that this is a super lucky thread and I reckon we all stick around for March TWW coz we are gonna see many more BFPs!
Will you do anything different next cycle chocolate chip?

I'm a few days/week late. Not going to ttc till about may time now. Two of my kiddies birthday are Nov and Dec and it's already so expensive we can't afford another birthday so I'm planning on using the next couple of months getting my body back together and tracking cycle. Wish you all the best and hope you all get your bfps very soon! I will still stick around here to follow you all! This has been a fab wee group, thank you all for helping me through this roller-coaster month! I really need to get my head around last month's miscarriage it's prob a good thing I didn't get a bfp this month xxxxx

Chocolate chip sorry this wasn't your month, hopefully we can all stay in this thread anyway too help each other!
Kirsty I'm sorry for what you're going through. I really hope you get your bfp when you're ready, and we'll still be here to support you! Xx

Believer - welcome! Its never too late to join. This thead is lucky! :thumbup:

Choc chip - i will start my next tww around the 1st (i hope) and will surely be here. This thread helped me to stay 100% sane publicly since I could put all my craziness on here! :wacko::dohh:

Kristy - we will be waiting for your return when you are ready. Fingers crossed for you:hugs:

Thank you :) I'm still not sure I actually believe it!! I definitely should try and predict lottery numbers or something though, as I just had a feeling this would be the month! No idea why after this long, but I just knew!

Any last tiny bit of hope gone! Af just showed up!

Aw Kirsty I'm so sorry Hun, that witch is awful. I hope you feel better soon and we are all here for you.

Redhead I felt like that this month too, I have no idea why even before I had ovulated I felt like this was the month.

14 dpo today. No signs of AF yet and I forgot to test with fmu this morning.

Long-ish question time. I wrote a thread about this in TTC, but I'm going to put it here as well, because I'm not sure what to do.

I've tested whether or not adjusting temps with a calculator is accurate for me. Twice I had to get up, after a 5 hour block of sleep, pee, and then go back to sleep for another 5 hours before my normal temp time. When I used the early temp and adjusted it, the results were always within 0.01-0.03 degrees of my normal time temp. I've also woken up two hours before my waking time, temped in case I couldn't fall back asleep, and then was able to fall back asleep almost right away. The normal time temp was 0.2 degrees higher than the first time. So I figured I'm one of the women that find it accurate. I seem to go up by 0.1-ish degrees every hour.

Today, my cat woke us up three hours before my temp time. I temped before getting out of bed, noted it and then went back to sleep after feeding her. When I temped at my regular time, three hours later... it had dropped by 0.1 degree. So now I'm really confused about which one to use. I should note, DH had opened the window when we went back to sleep and when I woke up, I was really cold.

Do I use the original temp with the original time (even though earlier temps have always been lower in the past for me) and risk my chart looking jagged? Do I use my temp from the normal time, or do I use the adjusted temp, since it's been accurate for me at least three times in the past?

The temp currently on my chart, as of this posting, is the original adjusted with the original time, since it's always been accurate.

Sorry for the long post. It's just that at CD 14 I don't want to assume I'm high or lower than I am... Maybe I have too strong an obsession with my chart looking correct.

Smurphy- i am not sure that my view is 100% correct, but after reading a lot about bbt my opiniin is as follows:
I think that you can choose either of the options mentioned and it will not matter. Bbt is never completely accurate since there are more than 100factors influencing it. The only reason for temping is to see whether and when ovulation occurs. The temps in the time after ovulation can be interesting when you compare patterns month to month but there is no scientific meaning to them (as long as they are above coverline, then the variations are meaningless and simply due to non hormonal factors).
Whenever you look at temps, you should always see today's temp dot as an average of the 3 previous days, rather that in isolation.
That was my brain speaking... my heart says that science might not have researched enough to find meaning to all the temps and I still want to be as accurate as possible and try to find meaning in every temp.
I would use the adjusted temp taken at earlier time - since this was accurate previous temps i think its the most accurate option now (especially since its not influenced by the open window).

:wacko: :haha:
Reading back my previous answer i realise that I sound like a crazy person... I hope my meaning was clear:dohh:

I got what you meant Bloblo. haha

I ended up putting in the adjusted temp and selected "sleep deprived" just to have the empty circle on the chart. From the past, it seems most accurate.

I know temping day to day doesn't matter much after O. It's just an annoying day for it to happen, since most women with a 14 day LP will start to notice a decline if AF is going to show. I know it doesn't matter in the long run, I'm just bothered by it today. haha

I still have no AF symptoms, but my history isn't regular enough to assume that means anything. Maybe my LP is just longer than 14 days, or maybe I didn't actually O? Dunno.

Smurphy my sleep pattern is ridiculous. I may have two hours sleep or five hours, but it's always broken and I'm sure it impacts upon my temps. I leave them as is and note sleep deprived when I have less sleep than usual.
I know you said above that temps matter less after ov but if you keep track after ov with them then it can give you a better idea of the likelihood of pregnancy, I think if temps stay up for 18 days? Something like that, anyway.

I have done ICs which have all been negative. I haven't bothered today because af is due today. Usually, af arrives as normal as in arrives properly without any spotting first but today I have had some vaguely pink cm on wiping and that's been it. Af usually arrives by lunchtime, with a single exception it arrived at 11pm ages ago, so looks like this will be a random weird cycle this month. I have all the usual cramps as if there ought to be the usual massacre happening but only the cramps. Bizarre.

Oh, and redhead, am I right in remembering I spotted a digi from you? Congratulations! Fab when you see it written in front of you :D you must be so happy! I hope this thread sticks because it's been a wonderfully supportive and positive thread

Hi hi everybody!!!! Haven't posted for a couple days - It's been busy and I don't like to be on my phone a lot in front of DD so I had to wait til today to come see how you're all doing!!!!

Xkirstyx- nooooo!!!!!! Gahhhh!!! I'm sorry the damned witch came!! Next month is your month!! It's a lucky month after all!! Are you doing okay with everything????

Are there any more of you still in still in limbo?? I'm trying to keep track so I can keep my positive thoughts and prayers going!!!

Very excited for everyone who got BFPs! How are you all feeling??

Redhead bailey bubs and miss yogi - did you tell your families yet?? Forgive me if you did and I missed it! How did it go? My friend is pregnant and just today told her and her DHs family and she was sooo nervous! She got sweet little cookies that said "baby on the way October 2017" - thought that was cute!!

As for me - I've been going crazy trying to sort out my dates. Because I was on antibiotics and lapsed on BCP I can't remember my last period (yep - 31 years old with a 3 year old - you would think I'd be responsible enough to know my own cycle but nope :blush) Had been calculating from what I thought was ovulation day on 6th of feb - but I kept getting bLazing positive OPKs - the most positive being the 12th? Won't bore you all with details - but long story short - 99% sure I was way off on dates so IM STILL IN THE DREADED TWW :dohh: as for all those faint positive tests - I think it was much too early and I am just one of those weird people who will always always get squinters?

Soooo - in summary - can't wait to hear your guys updates!!! Will be checking in soon!!

Hey Bella, I have seen too many times people seeing faint lines on ICs that could pass for an early positive! I even saw someone test their hubby's pee and get a faint line so I think it depends on brand, batch etc. they can be so hit and miss I sometimes wonder if it's worth bothering with them!
Since you are still in the TWW, I am therefore still keeping everything crossed for you!

I am pretty certain af is simply being slow to arrive properly this time, still getting pink on wiping (sorry tmi) but I don't have any flow which is weird for me but completely negative ICs so I don't think I will bother wasting my frer, knowing my luck she will arrive properly right when I dip the damn thing lol

Happycupcake - thanks for reply! Is that normal for you? The few days of pink cm? I wonder if you are pregnant? I spotted a lot with DD - like TMI ALERT - used a tampon because I was sure it was my period but my cycle seemed so wonky and off I didn't know for sure? FX still crossed for you until AF comes full force (the bitch!)

Kirsty and chocolate chip - sorry about AF showing up. I know how disappointing it is! I hope we can chat next month here during the TWW!

Bleeding was very very light and now turned brown. My body is really annoying me just now. My hips hurt so bad I'm in so much pain. I have no idea why they even hurt. Urgh feeling sorry for myself lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->