• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Kat- yeah so you're on the cetrotide soon! Just keep drinking lots of water. That's one thing the clinic reminded me. I was so full from it all! You do such a good job of handling your family.

Yeah, I'm trying to do a better job of remembering to drink water.

Thanks although there isn't much to handle seeing as how my siblings haven't talked to me in months, my narcissistic brother (not counting our FB altercation last January) hasn't talked to me in 2 years. Can't wait to go no contact on them all, so sick and tired of constantly being put down and given the blame for everything wrong in this dysfunctional family.

Can u tell me 1 because I haven't asked the nurse yet (first blood test is the 16th) Ok so they implant 5 days after they they think you have ovulated? That's a relief - because my Dr us away from the 16th to the 22nd so hoefully I'm back and she can do the transfer. I really like her. I know another Dr is fine but. And I have a masterclass on for 3 days I don't want to miss because I had planned on doing acupuncture before and maybe after transfer? I could be silly but I think why not

I think implantation of an embie can happen from between 5 and 10 dpo on a natural cycle if I remember correctly. But the actual transfer of an embie is normally either 3 or 5 days after your ER (I'm getting a 2 day embie put back in though). You may want to ask if they have any plans on how many days after ER they want to do the transfer.

Miranda I have read that caffeine can have an effect on fertility and growing baby as well. Not sure if it's one hundred percent backed up by scientific studies and research but studies have been looking into this topic.

Thanks Kat had my scan today and my dominate follicle is 13mm hence transfer is estimated to be on Saturday. So here is hoping his estimate is right!

Kat when is your scan? Hope you get more follicles this time around!

Almost, I just started a new job within my company. Hard to tell them I am doing a FET right. I had to apply for another job because my old one was temporary and I didn't want to be out of a job after being on Mat leave for a year. Obviously thinking way ahead because I am not pregnant yet.

Can you start later and leave later? Is that an I option?

Thanks Kat had my scan today and my dominate follicle is 13mm hence transfer is estimated to be on Saturday. So here is hoping his estimate is right!

Kat when is your scan? Hope you get more follicles this time around!

Yay Unlucky, FXed for your FET:happydance: Looking forward to hearing how it goes!

AFM my scan is tomorrow afternoon at 1:00 PM, Danish time. Here's hoping all 6-7 follies are growing! I took my 1st shot of Cetrotide tonight and it went ok, I'm sure it'll go better tomorrow night now that I've tried it.

Unlucky that's exciting a FET will happen soon!! Then almostthere it will be your turn. Then I'm probably a week away! I might ring the nurse and just check when it is they will do it.

Almost - I've heard the same about caffeine and fertility. That's why I've given up - stopped around the stims and just thought well I've kicked it now I may as well just keep up with it. I would never have coffee when I'm pregnant - I'm too cautious. Not that I judge anyone who does - but I think it does make a difference to your baby and makes it harder to settle. The only caffeine I have had is I sometimes have a chai tea as it's made on black tea leaves.. Damn maybe I need to cut it out before FET. What do u think?

I've also read those studies on avocados and how it increases your odds of implantation. Maybe the study was IVF in general. Anyway, doesn't hurt!!! If you google you should be able to find the study. Everyone keep those avocados up! Try to have a quarter a day!

Kat - got my fingers crossed for u. Hopefully that cetrotide is doing its job! I don't know what it's like there - but here in Oz you have to mix the powder with the liquid and then make sure there's no air bubbles. Was a bit of a production!!

I can't believe we're all going to be close to a FET soon!! And Kat you won't be far behind either!!

So I got an email back with paper work from the lab doing our PGS. They told us b/c of DH's balanced translocation only 15-20% of the embryos will be normal. This seems awfully low, I'm trying not to feel too down about that.

Kat good luck with your scan tomorrow!

Miranda I'm totally going to load up on avacados next month to prepare for my transfer hahaha.

Yes it is so exciting we are hopefully all so close to our bcps hopefully all healthy sticky ones! Even though next month is so close it feels like years away such torture like the countdown to a vacation but worse hahaha. I'm taking it step by step just counting down til my not so fun hsg Friday haha

Danser it only takes one we only have two frosties so that meant we had three lovely embies you don't need 20 like some people get. Keep positive!

Ok here's my attempt at a short and sweet explanation of our ttc story...

DH and I have been married since Fall 2012. Started looking into to our reasons for infertility back in 2013 and found out that husband has CBAVD (Congenital Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens aka he had the goods but they couldn't get out on their own). Men with CBAVD are typically CF carriers so husband was tested and is a carrier. They tested me and I'm also a carrier (which was a huge shock). Since we are both CF carriers our only option to make sure an embryo doesn't have CF is to do PGD.

DH had surgery to procure his side of things and it was stored back in 2013.

We had an original consultation with the IVF doctors back in 2014 and got my side of things checked out. My cycle has never been regular without birth control but my regular OBGYN always said he didn't think I'd have issues getting pregnant just would need a little help.

We got everything lined out for the PGD (collected cheek swabs from DH and I and both of our parents and the genetics people built the probe for testing our embryos).

We had a 2nd consultation with the IVF clinic this past Monday after deciding now is the time to get the ball rolling officially and now everything has gone from 15 mph to 100 mph.

There are probably a million details I'm leaving out but I figured starting out with a brief summary would be an easier read than the pages and pages I could get into. :dohh: I'm open to answering any questions. :thumbup:

Hope everyone is having a good day!

:dust: to all those with transfers right around the corner!

Oh and we can't do a fresh transfer because of the PGD. They biopsy day 5 blasts and send it off which takes a week or more for results. So frosties are our only option.

Kat - got my fingers crossed for u. Hopefully that cetrotide is doing its job! I don't know what it's like there - but here in Oz you have to mix the powder with the liquid and then make sure there's no air bubbles. Was a bit of a production!!

I can't believe we're all going to be close to a FET soon!! And Kat you won't be far behind either!!

Yep it's the same here. I had a good deal of irritation at the site of injection afterwards, it itched quite a bit for a while. Luckily it died down a good deal before I had to go to bed, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten much sleep:nope: I'm hoping my ER isn't too far off because it was such a pain getting all the powder mixed with the water/liquid since you're not allowed to shake it. Think I'm going to try another strategy tonight.

So I got an email back with paper work from the lab doing our PGS. They told us b/c of DH's balanced translocation only 15-20% of the embryos will be normal. This seems awfully low, I'm trying not to feel too down about that.

Awww danser, I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing. As long as those 15-20% are of really good quality, that's the most important thing! I've seen people on this forum have 13-15 embies and get BFN after BFN with fresh cycle and FETs and people that only had 4-5 embies get their BFP on their 1st IVF attempt (fresh cycle). So you just never know! I only had 3 eggs last IVF (IVF #1) that all fertilised and ended up with a CP (which I've read bodes better for your chances of IVF working in the end than a BFN). Quality over quantity!

Ok here's my attempt at a short and sweet explanation of our ttc story...

DH and I have been married since Fall 2012. Started looking into to our reasons for infertility back in 2013 and found out that husband has CBAVD (Congenital Bilateral Absence of Vas Deferens aka he had the goods but they couldn't get out on their own). Men with CBAVD are typically CF carriers so husband was tested and is a carrier. They tested me and I'm also a carrier (which was a huge shock). Since we are both CF carriers our only option to make sure an embryo doesn't have CF is to do PGD.

DH had surgery to procure his side of things and it was stored back in 2013.

We had an original consultation with the IVF doctors back in 2014 and got my side of things checked out. My cycle has never been regular without birth control but my regular OBGYN always said he didn't think I'd have issues getting pregnant just would need a little help.

We got everything lined out for the PGD (collected cheek swabs from DH and I and both of our parents and the genetics people built the probe for testing our embryos).

We had a 2nd consultation with the IVF clinic this past Monday after deciding now is the time to get the ball rolling officially and now everything has gone from 15 mph to 100 mph.

There are probably a million details I'm leaving out but I figured starting out with a brief summary would be an easier read than the pages and pages I could get into. :dohh: I'm open to answering any questions. :thumbup:

Hope everyone is having a good day!

:dust: to all those with transfers right around the corner!

Ah ok I get why you're doing PGD in that case. I actually did a paper on the CF bacteria while I was studying Biotechnological engineering some years ago so know a bit about CF. So crazy both you and your DH are carriers! It was good that you found that out though. Here's hoping they find you a good, healthy embryo for your future FET!

AFM going in for my scan a bit later, I'll update with the results when I get back:flower:

So just got back and there are 4 follies like last time:dohh: They measured 10, 11, 12 and 13 mm while my lining is 7 mm I think. The RE doesn't think any more follies will show up. But she still seemed pretty confident as she said that although I also had 4 last time, I also got 3 good quality eggs out of it. She's keeping me on the 300 IU Bemfola (and of course continue with the Cetrotide) and I go in again on Friday (January 15th).

So FXed all the eggs are of great quality:flower:

Danser it only takes one we only have two frosties so that meant we had three lovely embies you don't need 20 like some people get. Keep positive!

Thank you I am trying to keep positive and think that we only need one healthy one to have this work. Our RE said he has 60-70% success rates when doing PGS. So I am really hoping we get one good one and it works.

It would be nice to hear how many healthy embryos people got after doing PGS. I wonder if that low is normal.

Kat so sorry that you didn't get as many follicles as you were hoping. I only ever get two matured eggs at best and we have a one year daughter. You have double as many follicles so stay positive! Your RE is right.

My next blood test tomorrow. I am so glad I am not going through a fresh cycle not as much stress.

Tammer do you know what the chance is that your embyros will have the condition? So you have done all other test and all is good?

I guess after doing pdg the chanceof a pregnancy is even higher which is good. Don't have to waste time with embyros that are not good quality.

Hmm I think FET are better per Google gives your body time to rest.

Kat so sorry that you didn't get as many follicles as you were hoping. I only ever get two matured eggs at best and we have a one year daughter. You have double as many follicles so stay positive! Your RE is right.

My next blood test tomorrow. I am so glad I am not going through a fresh cycle not as much stress.

Am trying but it does stink a bit I couldn't get 1-2 more:shrug: DH was a bit disappointed as well when I told him. Think we're now nervous we won't get any embies for any future FETs again since the other 2 we had for IVF #1 didn't make it to freezing. Which means we miss out on free extra chances. Oh well, onward and upward, right?

Hope your blood tests come back with great results!

Kat I can totally understand why you're bummed. You're always hoping for more. But your RE is right you have good embies last time. And I forget who it is that said it, but I've seen heaps of people on here get heaps of eggs and they end up with a BFN. Maybe it was even you who said it!

Danser - we did the PGD on our embryos. We had male factor with low in all 3 counts - but our Dr recommended we do it just because it does increase your success rates. She said the same 60/70%. But that's a broad statistic. We did two cycles and each cycle we tested 4 - and 3 came back each time being all ok. I don't know anyone else's experiences with it - my Dr seemed really happy with the results. It was a long wait to get those results. And then nothing is for certain. I'm still as nervous (but oh so hopeful!!) as everyone else here!

And I've read that FET's they consider to be a bit more successful. Just think it will be a good chance for your body to recover.

Tam - you guys have had a big struggle and it's been a long journey for u guys too. Wow seeing the IVF people in 2014 and having to go through all the genetics stuff - that's tough. Those months passing by are long. I've been there. You're so close now. I can only imagine it would have been a shock to find out you're both CF carriers. But what a relief to find out first though.. Science is amazing and I just think we're so lucky to be able to utilise it. That's the way I think of it anyway! It sounds like, after a long journey, things will happen pretty quickly for u guys.

Hi ladies, I am a bit late to the party but may I join you? I start stims for a new IVF cycle this Saturday and am looking for buddies! :)

My name is Emma, I was on BnB quite a bit back in 2012 with my first IVF, but have not been around as much in the last couple years. My DH and I got married in 2010, started TTC in 2011; I got pregnant the second cycle but had a m/c, then again in August. In Jan 2012 we went to Cornell in NYC for diagnostic tests and discovered I have a Robertsonian Translocation, which was likely the cause of my m/c's. We did PGD with FISH (older technology that only tests 9 chromosomes), ended up with 5 'normals'; we transfered 2 in a fresh cycle, I got a BFP but m/c at 7 weeks. We then did an FET in the summer of 2012 with 2 more embryos, that resulted in my now 2.5 yr old son Elijah. We then found out we were moving to North Carolina for my DH's work, so I transfered our last frosty, but it was a failed cycle. We planned on just trying naturally, but had two losses in 2014, and then no pregnancies at all in 2015, so in October 2015 I went to a new clinic here to see about one final go at IVF/PGD. So here I am, looking to start meds on Saturday!!!

I am excited to get started, but nervous because of the new clinic, and also because they only saw 6 antral follicles at my baseline, yikes.

Going to go back and read all your stories now, but Danser I saw you are dealing with a translocation too...if you have any questions let me know, I've done lots of reading up on this over the last 4 years! ;)

Looking forward to getting to know all you ladies, and good luck for all your cycles! x

Sorry ive been abscent ladies ive been away holidaying relaxing for my next up coming FET which is scheduled for the 21st of januart at 2:30pm!! Very very excited :)

Kat I can totally understand why you're bummed. You're always hoping for more. But your RE is right you have good embies last time. And I forget who it is that said it, but I've seen heaps of people on here get heaps of eggs and they end up with a BFN. Maybe it was even you who said it!

I know I mentioned something similiar:blush: Yet still was hoping for a couple of more, mostly to increase the chances of having some frosties since we ended up with 0 last time:nope: FETs here are considered a free shot and you can have an unlimited number and the government covers it. Once you've had the 3rd IVF, I think they may cover FETs that come from embies from that round but then that's it. We really want to have as many shots as possible before potentially having to pay for any more IVFs or FETs ourselves.

Hi ladies, I am a bit late to the party but may I join you? I start stims for a new IVF cycle this Saturday and am looking for buddies! :)

My name is Emma, I was on BnB quite a bit back in 2012 with my first IVF, but have not been around as much in the last couple years. My DH and I got married in 2010, started TTC in 2011; I got pregnant the second cycle but had a m/c, then again in August. In Jan 2012 we went to Cornell in NYC for diagnostic tests and discovered I have a Robertsonian Translocation, which was likely the cause of my m/c's. We did PGD with FISH (older technology that only tests 9 chromosomes), ended up with 5 'normals'; we transfered 2 in a fresh cycle, I got a BFP but m/c at 7 weeks. We then did an FET in the summer of 2012 with 2 more embryos, that resulted in my now 2.5 yr old son Elijah. We then found out we were moving to North Carolina for my DH's work, so I transfered our last frosty, but it was a failed cycle. We planned on just trying naturally, but had two losses in 2014, and then no pregnancies at all in 2015, so in October 2015 I went to a new clinic here to see about one final go at IVF/PGD. So here I am, looking to start meds on Saturday!!!

I am excited to get started, but nervous because of the new clinic, and also because they only saw 6 antral follicles at my baseline, yikes.

Going to go back and read all your stories now, but Danser I saw you are dealing with a translocation too...if you have any questions let me know, I've done lots of reading up on this over the last 4 years! ;)

Looking forward to getting to know all you ladies, and good luck for all your cycles! x

Welcome Emma :wave:

FXed that you get some good quality eggs out of it anyway! They only saw 6-7 at my scan last week and I now have 4 follies (was at my 2nd scan yesterday). I also had 4 follies for my 1st IVF, got 3 good quality eggs and it ended in a CP so was so close (I've since read that a CP bodes better for your furture chances at getting a BFP in the future than a BFN does). I've seen people on here with an insane amount of follies and eggs that fertilised and then the cycle ending in BFN. Here's hoping we're both making quality over quantity :dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->