• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Danser isn't that annoying having to work ivf around vacationing haha so unfair right! I put off a mini vacation to March bc I didn't want it to interfere with my cycling month.

Kat my mom told me I was a bigger mistake than my sister who had cancer when I got a tattoo she is totally crazy lol its so hard to deal it bc it your family but they make it difficult to love with them that's for sure. My mom is the opposite wants loads of grandkids.
Elz this has to be a sign we are reunited on this new thread it's got to be our year! :)

Yes we haven't booked anything yet so we may skip but I'm not sure we want to.

Hey! Wow lots to catch up on.
Welcome Danser.. We did pre genetic screening too. We're in Sydney and going through Genea.
Kat - for some reason I thought u were in the US. Copenhagen is lovely. Sounds like you're all going along fine and dandy. And so is everyone else stunning too. Got everything crossed for u. You really do an amazing job handling your family. It mustn't be easy. And yeah, I've thought exactly the same thing when I was late before my husband's birthday too :)
Almost - my mum is the same just wants lots of grandkids. My husband's family is the same but it worries me because his brother goes around to his parents place EVERY weekend. I think that's excessive!! His parents don't have many friends so their whole world revolves around their grandchild. They're Italian so I certainly worry about that expectation that we'll be doing the same. We won't be! Not every weekend it's too much. And they're about a 50 minute drive! I want to be doing fun things on the weekend like going to the beach, going for a swim. My parents just don't give that pressure of HAVING to see me - they have their own lives. Anyway, it's an issue that we will need to work out eventually.
So I go in for my first day 10 blood test for FET on Saturday 16th. I'm a little worried because my Dr is away for holidays from the 16th to the 22nd and even though I know another dr will be looking after her patients I'm slightly nervous that something will miss through the cracks. She said it's fine for another dr to do the FET. Maybe I'm worrying about it unnessarily!
Will book in acupuncture nearer the time before and after transfer.

Hi ladies had my first blood test today and was told to have a blood test and scan in two days time! The doctor thinks I will ovulate this Thursday Friday hence transfer next Tuesday or Wednesday!

Hope it actually happens this time. Feeling extremely nervous!

Kat - for some reason I thought u were in the US. Copenhagen is lovely. Sounds like you're all going along fine and dandy. And so is everyone else stunning too. Got everything crossed for u. You really do an amazing job handling your family. It mustn't be easy. And yeah, I've thought exactly the same thing when I was late before my husband's birthday too :)

Well I am from the US originally. Although having concentrated on speaking Danish for the last 20 years has resulted in the occasional grammatic error in my English and I don't even speak perfect Danish as I do have occasional grammatic errors with it as well. Plus when I speak English (the first few whole days), I have a slight Danish accent now which is so weird:nope: I always joke I can't speak either language properly now:haha:

Nope it's not. My brother is the biggest challenge now because he's so contemptuous and cruel about his insults. Yesterday as we were cleaning up, DH found an old email from my brother I'd printed out back in 2002 from when I was going to visit him in the US plus meet his girlfriend (now his enabling wife). DH noticed this comment especially: "Looking forward to seeing you as I'm confident you will be the sweet and thoughtful person I know you can be when you make an effort :)" Although it's definitely not the meanest thing he's ever said, the words "childish", "so obviously enclosed in self-obssessive thinking", "I know this may come as shocking news to you, but the world does not revolve around you" and "grow up, get over yourself and attempt to think about the flip side for once." Many of these from 1 email back in 2009 all because I expressed regret he hadn't met my DH in the 5 years we'd been together before the wedding. He'd even written "Until (DH) proposed to you, he was of absolutely no interest to me. He was just a boyfriend at that point." Yet I met his wife a couple of years before they got married. His nicknames for me are BTW "runt" and "dweeb":dohh: But yeah, always making a jab at me in one way or another:nope:

Hi ladies had my first blood test today and was told to have a blood test and scan in two days time! The doctor thinks I will ovulate this Thursday Friday hence transfer next Tuesday or Wednesday!

Hope it actually happens this time. Feeling extremely nervous!

FXed for you Unlucky!

Unlucky how exciting sending baby dust your way!

AFM quit my tea and coffee cold turkey yesterday and feel super puke my stomach is twisting and can only get some saltiness down with my decaffeinated tea did not want to work today just have to get through the week then I should be good

Unlucky how exciting sending baby dust your way!

AFM quit my tea and coffee cold turkey yesterday and feel super puke my stomach is twisting and can only get some saltiness down with my decaffeinated tea did not want to work today just have to get through the week then I should be good

Oy that doesn't sound good! How much coffee/tea do you normally drink? Hope you feel better soon!

I don't drink much coffee myself, maybe 1 cup every 2-3 months when I visit my narcissistic mother and on super rare occasions at my in-law's (otherwise I drink tea). Never liked coffee very much for some reason:shrug: I always have to have lots of milk and sugar in it to drink it:haha: As for tea, it has to preferable some sort of fruit tea or something oddball e.g. Bailey's flavoured. My DH loves to tease me about it since he soley drinks Earl Grey on the rare occasions he wants tea. My caffeine weakness is cola but I've cut down so I only drink 2-3 cans each weekend.

I have a tea sometimes two every day sometimes a tea and coffee so I like to just have one decaf a day during pregnancy I also don't ilor my hair or go to nail salons I might overly cautious but it's just how I am.

I had my SHG this morning it came back clear and fine. My meds are being ordered I spoke with the pharmacy earlier. I still need to speak with the lab about the PGS hopefully later on this afternoon.

I have a tea sometimes two every day sometimes a tea and coffee so I like to just have one decaf a day during pregnancy I also don't ilor my hair or go to nail salons I might overly cautious but it's just how I am.

Can you get a bad stomach from dropping 1 coffee and 1 tea a day?

Oh I don't color my hair anymore either, haven't for the past 2 years so have been living with a mess of medium brown hair with a good deal of grey hairs mixed in all this time :dohh::nope: So miss having it colored with 3 different shades, it was so pretty that way :blush:

I do paint my nails though but do it myself at home :winkwink: Stopped biting them about 6-7 months ago after over 30 years of nail biting (think it was due to all the anxiety I had from having narcissistic family members constantly being abusive plus being bullied in school and later being left out) so am trying to get them in order now. Some of them still curve a bit upwards at the tips so going with the nail technician's advice and keeping them short until my nail beds have grown longer to keep them down (which they have been doing, just pretty slowly).

I had my SHG this morning it came back clear and fine. My meds are being ordered I spoke with the pharmacy earlier. I still need to speak with the lab about the PGS hopefully later on this afternoon.

Great news danser:happydance:

I read naseau and even vomiting can be a symptom the only other thing it could have been is naseau from ibs or hormones Mayne it was pretty intense though!

Danser great news all is clear!

:hi: Hi guys! I'm Tammy! Hope you are still accepting new friends in this thread!

Not exactly sure on the precise timeline of our cycle as I'm going in for a sonohysterogram next Tuesday but things might get fast tracked immediately following that appt.

As it stands we are looking at our very first IVF cycle starting end of Jan with egg extraction February-ish and FET early March.

I haven't been very active on this site for quite some time but finding out that everything was happening so quickly I found myself on here looking for friends. I didn't read this whole thread but I hope to get caught up soon. :flower:

Welcome Tammy! Hope you get lucky with your first IVF. What is your story if you don't mind me asking?

AFM feeling really stressed as my new boss wants me to work an extra day next week but embryo transfer can happen anytime next week sigh! Just hope it happens on the weekend.

Almost ever since I got pregnant with my daughter I have switched to decaf now I am used to it and can't drink the real stuff! Can't sleep otherwise! Your body will adjust soon enough

:hi: Hi guys! I'm Tammy! Hope you are still accepting new friends in this thread!

Not exactly sure on the precise timeline of our cycle as I'm going in for a sonohysterogram next Tuesday but things might get fast tracked immediately following that appt.

As it stands we are looking at our very first IVF cycle starting end of Jan with egg extraction February-ish and FET early March.

I haven't been very active on this site for quite some time but finding out that everything was happening so quickly I found myself on here looking for friends. I didn't read this whole thread but I hope to get caught up soon. :flower:

Welcome Tammy:flower:

I'd also like to hear some background info if you don't mind, e.g. how long have you been TTCing?

So exciting! So you won't be doing a fresh transfer after ER then?

Welcome Tammy! Hope you get lucky with your first IVF. What is your story if you don't mind me asking?

AFM feeling really stressed as my new boss wants me to work an extra day next week but embryo transfer can happen anytime next week sigh! Just hope it happens on the weekend.

Hope your ET happens on the weekend then but otherwise what will you do? Is your boss not understanding and wouldn't give you the hours off?

AFM started feeling twinges in my left ovary last night and also some in my right. So here's hoping all the follies are making great eggs:thumbup: I'm taking my very 1st injection of Cetrotide tonight so here's hoping. Have my next scan tomorrow afternoon to see how the follies are doing and if they need to adjust my dose of Bemfola.

Kat yay for twinges

Unlucky sorry for the extra stress can you say no to the extra day? Does your boss know about the transfer? I'm already stressed about trying to get my bloodwork and us mornings off to get those done I work at 730 am and it's a 45in commute so no way can i get to work on time blahh

Welcome Tammy! Yeah if be interested to know a bit of your situation leading into IVF. Hope it all goes well. You should start in a few weeks in guessing. I was nervous but don't be - it's not so bad! Actually trying naturally for months on end was harder. At least things feel like they're happening with IVF.

Kat- yeah so you're on the cetrotide soon! Just keep drinking lots of water. That's one thing the clinic reminded me. I was so full from it all! You do such a good job of handling your family.

Almost - so you cut back coffee and tea because you're worried about the caffeine affecting implantation? I haven't had coffee for months because I got used to not having it on the hormones. But u do really enjoy having a chai tea every day. And it's pretty strong. Hmmm maybe I should change to a decaf dandelion blend. Bugger. It's my one indulgent. I'm the same - don't want to dye my hair (never paint nails anyway) and have switched my creams over to natural stuff without surfaces and parabens.

Can u tell me 1 because I haven't asked the nurse yet (first blood test is the 16th) Ok so they implant 5 days after they they think you have ovulated? That's a relief - because my Dr us away from the 16th to the 22nd so hoefully I'm back and she can do the transfer. I really like her. I know another Dr is fine but. And I have a masterclass on for 3 days I don't want to miss because I had planned on doing acupuncture before and maybe after transfer? I could be silly but I think why not

Danser - where do u live? Good luck on the pre genetic screening tests. We're testing just as a precaution or actually have a genetic issue you want to avoid. The results can take a while (ours took a month!) painful wait!!! Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->