• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Ah Kat.. no no takes a lot to offend me. I'm v easy going in that sense!! All good!

Yeah in australia some people do the American baby shower traditions.. I didn't do the kitchen tea thing before we got married. I felt everybody was already giving me a present for the wedding anyway.. here if they have kitchen teas you're expected to bring another gift which they unwrap with everyone looking!! I didn't want that. My sister did.. she likes all those things.

Yeah I feel the same way about announcing it on Facebook too! I have lots of friends like 450 and just it's too much. I want to be 100% sure about everything too. I dropped a private message to a few people I wanted to tell. I won't do a public post until further down the track. I'm the same I don't want it feeling too public yet.. we've had bumps along the way getting here. Ah yes.. I feel the same way I've jumped around career wise too.. went back to art school and trying to establish myself as an artist now. I wish I was more successful but I know it takes time and I might get there when I'm older. And yes, people can be so cruel. I feel the same way. I was bullied in high school when I switched schools and couldn't make friends. That feeling of being left out sticks with you. I've got lots of friends now (ones from school I eventually made after a few years.) But I still have that feeling when I meet new people.. hmm do they want to meet up with me if I suggest something.. those feelings from school rush back. And my friend who's older tells me some of the school mums can be a bit like that.. which worries me.. but I'm sure we'll both find some nice mum's to be friends with. Kat, you're absolutely lovely and you're going to be the best Mum.. I really think you'll meet some other like minded Mum's at the play ground/mothers group etc.. And your circle will become a whole lot bigger..

I have less friends on FB, around 25 I think? Had 26 but this guy from Danish High School I had reconnected with suddenly defriended me after 1 year - I don't know if he was cleaning up since he has over 1000 friends and I was defriended maybe by accident (maybe because I don't have my maiden name anynore) since I can see he's kept everyone else from High School on his list:shrug:

As to job-wise I hope you make it! I've pretty much given up as my long term unemployment will make it impossible to get a job here. No one wants to train someone soon hitting 40:nope:

Friend-wise I'm glad you had an easier time in the end and here's hoping you find the nice moms that aren't like that - because really, who would want to be friends with someone that's like that? Here it seems to be very difficult to make friends, perhaps because the Danes are harder to get to know. If you're different and a bit shy, you're shunned apparently. Most people here stop making friends after college so it gets even harder. Here's hoping it's easier away from the Copenhagen area and that people are more open and friendly where DH and I are moving to since it's more in the country, more surburb.

Thanks miranda but you're making me cry:blush: I truely hope so! I so want to do things differently with this baby and that they don't grow up the way I did. I think that since starting to break emotionally with my siblings and giving up on them, I'm finally starting to become more confident and much less shy around people - my social anxiety is pretty much gone. Guess I'm starting to shed the scapegoat "you're-bad-and-the-cancer-of-the-family" type of message I've been brainwashed with for years now by my mother and brother, then later my sister. Which should also help when meeting new people as I won't be stinking of "I'm-bad-and-not-good-enough" anymore:thumbup:

Hi Cassie I am doing well just had my 12 week scan yesterday poor image quality which was disappointing but baby looks well according to Dr I may have a uti waiting to hear back from Dr they found blood in my urine and some white cell count was low so they may wait a couple more days for the culture test

Almost.. ohh UTI.. how annoying.. hopefully they'll give you something for it when they confirm it.
how are you going Cassie?
I'm 16 weeks.. I don't think I'm showing yet.. I still wonder if I'm pregnant. well i just look fat.. but it doesn't jiggle.. I've only put on 1.5kgs. I'm eating lots of healthy food. It will be good when I feel it kick soon..think I felt butterflies today

Wow i can't believe your 16 weeks already your almost halfway there! How exciting about feeling flutters the full on kicking it amazing and so reassuring I hope they start for you soon! I'm hoping to feel flutters soon thought I did one about a week ago but wondering if I was wrong bc I haven't felt anything since.

So no uti just a small trace of blood and bacteria but so minimal they think the bacteria was cross contamination or something weird haha. It's amazing your not showing miranda I've been showing since 10 weeks lol

Miranda I'm 17 weeks and not showing much either but everything was well yesterday when I went to my 1st midwife appointment. My uterus is measuring as it should and I got to hear baby's heartbeat for the 1st time which was amazing :cloud9: Glad everything is well :flower:

Almost glad everything is going well with your baby:thumbup: As for showing it's normal for people who've had a baby before to start showing sooner than 1st timers. Something about your stomache muscles are weakened and your uterus therefore pops out sooner since it's not being held back much.

I actually am recovering from what we think easy a bad stomach bug horrible non stop vomiting in middle of the night early morning Sunday to Monday so glad it's over but worried if it was food poisoning that something could have happened to my baby :(

I actually am recovering from what we think easy a bad stomach bug horrible non stop vomiting in middle of the night early morning Sunday to Monday so glad it's over but worried if it was food poisoning that something could have happened to my baby :(

Oh no hope everything is ok. Have you tried asking a GP /midwife if it can affect baby?

I know food poisoning can or dehydration from stomach bug I kept my ob updated she didn't think it sounded like food poisoning if but was I would have needed antibiotics but they never tested and the two r hard to figure out if bits one or the other trying to trust the ob I was able to keep things down before having to take a trip to er so that was good just waiting for my next appt to hear baby on doppler

We had our gender scan today and gound out that we are :pink: which we are very excited about!

I am completely shocked i thought that we were having a boy! Was convinced that we were having a boy.

Congrats Miss Cassie!!! I can't believe how fast time is going! It seems like only yesterday that I had my transfer!!
How is everyone else doing? Hope you're feeling better almost! :flower:
X

Miss Cassie congrats so exciting! Can't believe you are 18 weeks already and Elz you 17 wow! I'll be 14 on monday I feel so far behind you ladies. My gender scan is mid june.

I am feeling better but have a cold or allergies very tired need to go to bed early

Thanks girls :)

Its crazy how quick its going Almost half way in 2 weeks woohoo!

Almost that sucks you have a cold i have the exact same thing my hayfever has flared up pretty badly been a sneezing coughijg mess.

Yes I'm the same sneezing clearing throat all the time coughing and blowing my nose at least it's not sinus which I just got over a couple weeks ago!

I've had a stuffy nose since becoming pregnant but I've been sneezing a lot recently and have a dry tickly cough! I've never suffered with hay fever before but does anyone know if pregnancy can cause me to start?! Or it may be just a common cold - the joys of working in a classroom full of 4 year olds!!! X

Guess I'm doing fine. My MS is gone although I do get the very occasional nausea episode. Been having my normal light on/off cramps and RLP. Also been experiencing a stuffed nose every morning that gets better when I've been up for a while.

On the private front I only heard from my toxic brother and his wife on my birthday Sunday. Totally over the top and fake wishes on my FB timeline when you think about it's been at least 1 year since we've spoken (longer if it's reasonably pleasant communication) and the ignoring began. Nothing from my toxic sister or our enabler cousin. None of them know I'm pregnant or have bothered to ask about anything about me or DH.

Sorry to hear that Kat, but I do hope that you had a wonderful birthday nevertheless! X

Sorry to hear that Kat, but I do hope that you had a wonderful birthday nevertheless! X

Thanks Elz:hugs: DH and I went to a nice Italian restaurant and the food was pretty good. I had some mussels for dinner in a tomato and garlic sauce. Then we went home and saw a movie.

Ugh so it seems as if DH's older brother's ex-wife was cunning. She called dibs on having the kids on the even weeks so she now will have them for their birthdays the next 6-7 years :growlmad: We thought we'd be going to the boy's birthday on the 21st but it turns out the ex has only invited her family:growlmad: It's so obvious she's trying to keep my DH's family away from the kids' big days as much as possible so they'll bond most with her family. Yep definitely cements my belief she's a narcissist :nope:

Congrats on having a little girl Cassie!! That's right I think you're a bit ahead of me.

Kat79 - happy birthday!! Yeah my MS had gone and I just get the odd taste in my mouth if I haven't drunk enough water. Cold sparkling water helps. Other than that no pregnancy symptoms other than if I get cold - I get super sore nipples like I'm too cold and have to put a hot pack on them for it go away. I used to get cold nipples before pregnancy buy it was only when I was super duper cold.. Now it happens more. Dreading winter as its not even cold here in Oz yet. But it never gets super cold - not like u must have Kat!

I haven't seen Froggy and Tina.. And danser I think it was. Would love to know how they're going. I haven't checked the other pages they probably don't check this much now.

As for me I took my first pic of me on the side. I'll see if I can attach it. I think I just look fat around the middle. When I'm larger I put all my weight around my middle so just feel like I've put on a few! Haven't felt kicks yet. Hopefully that happens soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->