Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

So sorry almosthere:hugs: Here's hoping you won't need to be induced!

froggy I hope your placenta corrects itself, there's a huge chance it will! I had a very low lying placenta myself, it was super close to the cervix and it did indeed move by my 32 week placenta scan. Ended up needing a c-section at 39 weeks anyway as they said baby was big and guessed him to be 4700 g although he ended up being 4020 g, it was a combo of a on the large side of normal weight baby and more amniotic fluid than they thought I had. Great pic!

misscassie I feel great aside from this painful groin to leg pain I'm having I cant even stand when it happens it's been happening at night two nights ago and a tiny bit this am I know this girl is very low she must be hitting a nerve. I have my next obgyn appt early Thursday am so we will see if there is any dilation there hasn't been as of my last appointment so I'm not expected to deliver anytime soon.

how are you misscassie? how's your little Madison? :)

almost so sorry about the pain, I luckily never experienced that but can imagine it must be very uncomfortable. I hope it goes away or at least lessens. Hope your appointment goes well and your baby girl soon arrives, can't wait to see pics!

MissCassie love your new avatar:thumbup:

AFM Alexander is doing well and except for some minor bumps, bf'ing is going well (other than my nips are super sore but can feel they're gradually toughening up and Lansinoh nipple cream is a lifesaver in the meantime!). He's been on formula to supplement as he wasn't gaining fast enough but we've gotten the green light to start decreasing it. He's now around 4500 g:thumbup: Oh and his bilirubin is going down so his jaundice will hopefully soon be completely gone and I can move on from timed feedings to on-demand feeding instead which will be nice.

A few newer pics:cloud9:

Alex_sleep4.jpg

Alex_sleep3.jpg

Kat what a little angel he is so beautiful!

and thank you I hope she comes soon too I'm crossing my fingers that she will come anytime my husband is home from work but no promises so I'm a little nervous about a surprise with bad timing haha but we will see if keep wondering if my mucus plug will start to come out I feel like that would be my first sign two days past my due date it started to come out after a sweep but I was induced that day anyways so I just don't know what to expect I'm just not shush ingredients up haha.

hope everyone else is doing well!

Kat what a little angel he is so beautiful!

and thank you I hope she comes soon too I'm crossing my fingers that she will come anytime my husband is home from work but no promises so I'm a little nervous about a surprise with bad timing haha but we will see if keep wondering if my mucus plug will start to come out I feel like that would be my first sign two days past my due date it started to come out after a sweep but I was induced that day anyways so I just don't know what to expect I'm just not shush ingredients up haha.

hope everyone else is doing well!

Thanks:flower: I'll have to try taking pics when he's awake as well but those can be harder to take:haha: It looks like his eyes are turning brown (gets that from me as DH has blue eyes) so he'll be the odd ball out in DH's family of otherwise only blue eyed people (even my eldest BIL's ex-wife has blue eyes and the youngest BIL's girlfriend is blue eyed as well:wacko:):winkwink: I've been joking with DH's family that I came and ruined everything :haha:

Here's hoping she comes then when your DH is home! I'll keep my FXed it happens soon.

Eye color isn't set until 9months I think so they could be a different color permanently! it's so weird our sons was blue for the longest time then recently they seem to have turned greenish I'm so confused because he is three but I have green eyes maybe the color takes longer to create who knows! Haha dh has blue so we get green or blue

Eye color isn't set until 9months I think so they could be a different color permanently! it's so weird our sons was blue for the longest time then recently they seem to have turned greenish I'm so confused because he is three but I have green eyes maybe the color takes longer to create who knows! Haha dh has blue so we get green or blue

Well they started off blue and are going dark so thinking they're changing color already:shrug: My DH's aunt is a doctor and she said it was very possible that his eye color could change now.

Will be exciting to see what color your son's eyes turn then:flower:

misscassie I feel great aside from this painful groin to leg pain I'm having I cant even stand when it happens it's been happening at night two nights ago and a tiny bit this am I know this girl is very low she must be hitting a nerve. I have my next obgyn appt early Thursday am so we will see if there is any dilation there hasn't been as of my last appointment so I'm not expected to deliver anytime soon.

how are you misscassie? how's your little Madison? :)

Sorry about the pain you're going through that must be absolutely horrible :( but hopefully its not for much longer.

Maddison is great :) she is a great sleeper and is a boobie monster seems like shes always attached to me. We had latching issues at the begining so i was supplementing so she didnt go hungry but lately we have been exclusively breastfeeding which im very happy about.
Last week she was weighed and was 4090grams so i'd say shes alot more now ad she feels heavier.
I'm really enjoying being a mum ira great.

Kat i'm glad Alexanders jaundice is going awau yipee. Hes such a little cutie
Sounds like its all going well for you now which is fabulous

LOL Misscassie i love it boogie monster :haha:

Kat that's amazing how your sons eyes are changing so quickly :)

glad all are well no baby for me yet! haha

Thanks MissCassie:flower:

almost yeah it really is as I also thought it happened a bit later. Oh well, DH didn't get to enjoy those blue eyes for very long:shrug:

So our friend that married a Mexican woman was happy to hear about Alexander's birth and could share good news of his own: his wife is 3 months pregnant and due end of May :happydance: Although I found his email a bit off putting as he wrote that he can guess we now have to take Alexander's needs into consideration but "It's good that Kat doesn't have a job or anything to think about because she can devote all her time taking care of him" and that DH must be happy after 3 weeks paternity leave to be going back to work :growlmad: I find it funny though that he's talking to DH about that heavy metal festival as it'll be about 1 month after his wife's EDD so guess they'll be leaving the wives behind to take care of the babies while they go out and have fun for 3 days. Ugh!

WOW!! so much has happened on here.. and time has flown.. Kat congrats on your beautiful baby boy Alexander I love his name.. ah that damn bloody music festival. I remember.. How many days is it? surely your husband would feel guilty about leaving you? and Miss Cassie I love the name Maddison. Almost.. you're so close to delivery. I'm sorry you're in pain hopefully not long to go now! And major stressful times with your sister too. Why does it all seem to happen at once. Froggyfrog so happy you are pregnant.. I'm sure the placenta will move. What's your due date?

We had a boy.. Max! his middle name is Harry after my grandpa who's 102! on the 14th October. a day before the due date.. but I laboured at home for 50 hours... thought I was ready to go to hospital as they were every few minutes after 24 hours.. we were exhausted.. but they backed off (and was told to rest between each one every 15/20mins).. midwife came to the house the next afternoon and she said i was 3cm.. then that night it was all on.. the tens machine saved me.. came into hospital at 9cm and into the bath for a water birth.. and he was out 1.5 hours later so short 2nd stage.. he had trouble breathing (must have had some amniotic fluid in his lungs) so had two nights in the intensive care unit for observation.. Anyway, my milk supply was late coming in, we had to supplement but was able to use my sister's expressed great milk for a few days.. that ran out so we had to supplement with formula he's on breast milk and formula.. we do about half and half.. now he's 3 weeks and 4 days he's put on good weight.. My supply still isn't great - I'm trying to get him at the breast as much as possible.. the community nurse said some boobs aren't great milk makers..there;s been lots of tears (part family dramas - see below).. partly I never wanted to give him formula and it breaks my heart. I know lots of people do.. my husband was exclusively formula fed and he's fine.. We're going to keep trying. All the midwives and lactation consultant say we are doing everything right.

My Mum's been awful.. and we usually get along so well. She was pissed off I didn't let her know I was in labour!! and that we rang that night after the baby was born (we were busy seeing him in the unit).. and then my brother who's a Dr had to go and put ideas in her head that water births are so dangerous.. and she hates that we aren't using a dummy.. came around and had the worst attitude like you're doing it all wrong.. he's too sleepy something is wrong with him.. AHHHHH.. I think now she's slowly being nice again.. She doesn't seem to want to visit because she thinks I'm doing it wrong and babies shouldn't cry at all.. In actual fact he's a good little baby, settles well, only cries when u wrap and burp him.

WOW!! so much has happened on here.. and time has flown.. Kat congrats on your beautiful baby boy Alexander I love his name.. ah that damn bloody music festival. I remember.. How many days is it? surely your husband would feel guilty about leaving you? and Miss Cassie I love the name Maddison. Almost.. you're so close to delivery. I'm sorry you're in pain hopefully not long to go now! And major stressful times with your sister too. Why does it all seem to happen at once. Froggyfrog so happy you are pregnant.. I'm sure the placenta will move. What's your due date?

We had a boy.. Max! his middle name is Harry after my grandpa who's 102! on the 14th October. a day before the due date.. but I laboured at home for 50 hours... thought I was ready to go to hospital as they were every few minutes after 24 hours.. we were exhausted.. but they backed off (and was told to rest between each one every 15/20mins).. midwife came to the house the next afternoon and she said i was 3cm.. then that night it was all on.. the tens machine saved me.. came into hospital at 9cm and into the bath for a water birth.. and he was out 1.5 hours later so short 2nd stage.. he had trouble breathing (must have had some amniotic fluid in his lungs) so had two nights in the intensive care unit for observation.. Anyway, my milk supply was late coming in, we had to supplement but was able to use my sister's expressed great milk for a few days.. that ran out so we had to supplement with formula he's on breast milk and formula.. we do about half and half.. now he's 3 weeks and 4 days he's put on good weight.. My supply still isn't great - I'm trying to get him at the breast as much as possible.. the community nurse said some boobs aren't great milk makers..there;s been lots of tears (part family dramas - see below).. partly I never wanted to give him formula and it breaks my heart. I know lots of people do.. my husband was exclusively formula fed and he's fine.. We're going to keep trying. All the midwives and lactation consultant say we are doing everything right.

My Mum's been awful.. and we usually get along so well. She was pissed off I didn't let her know I was in labour!! and that we rang that night after the baby was born (we were busy seeing him in the unit).. and then my brother who's a Dr had to go and put ideas in her head that water births are so dangerous.. and she hates that we aren't using a dummy.. came around and had the worst attitude like you're doing it all wrong.. he's too sleepy something is wrong with him.. AHHHHH.. I think now she's slowly being nice again.. She doesn't seem to want to visit because she thinks I'm doing it wrong and babies shouldn't cry at all.. In actual fact he's a good little baby, settles well, only cries when u wrap and burp him.

Great to see you here miranda! Wow, congrats, seems to be a lot of IVF boys in this group!

The festival is 3 full days and it'd most likely involve him camping out on the festival grounds as it's a 45 minute drive away. Nope, no guilt, he's been very unsupportive of me at times. The most recent was last night I was crying both because Alexander has a tendency to latch on hard on my left nipple because it's huge and very sore (so was in really bad pain for 5-10 seconds and nope, his latching technique is apparently fine according to several professionals) and also because I was super, super exhausted. He blew off my crying and had this attitude of "Oh boy, here we go again..." cue :roll: Plus he pushed for me to brush my teeth after I'd fed Alexander before going to bed and I told him to leave me alone because I wasn't in the mood but he kept on pushing so very quickly did it and was so pissed, I'd thrown my toothbrush across the bathroom and was crying hard while I went to bed. DH probably just saw this as me being silly, he thinks he's just as sleep deprived as me to which I can only laugh at because he has no idea:haha: Also had a crisis with breastfeeding as Alexander wasn't creating much of a vacuum so I was afraid he wasn't getting much milk in him and DH was like "What do you want me to do about it? I don't know the solution" which pissed me off. Oh yeah, and when he was holding Alexander while I ate my cold dinner (because he served it right before Alexander's breast time), he was reaching for the TV remote and dropped Alexander's head so it was completely unsupported:wacko: You can see more in my parenting journal of his at times bad attitude although those 2 most recent episodes I haven't written in yet.

Sorry about your milk supply, I can sympathise as a less than stellar start meant I wasn't making enough either:nope: We're also on the formula train although Alexander is currently down to 25-30 ml twice a day and we're hoping the health care provider will set it down to once a day when she sees him today. I felt as bad as you do but in the end, it's what's best for our babies and that's the most important thing:hugs: I hope you soon can wean off formula soon but if not, you're doing what's best for your son! Btw, have you tried pumping in between feeds to up your supply? Although Max is probably your best pump:winkwink:

Oy I feel you on the family drama! I'm so sorry your mother has been a pain. I think it's normal for the grandmothers to mix in and be smarty pants' although it's super annoying:nope: My MIL and eldest BIL are also against us not using a pacifier yet as they don't get how it can mess up breastfeeding since my MIL and ex-SIL didn't have issues using a pacifier from the get go. So to them, they feel the chances are minimal. Wow amazing that your brother being a doctor would say that, water births aren't dangerous, especially if you have medical professionals assisting:growlmad: If your mother is going to behave like that though it may be best you don't see her very much, especially while you're dealing with your breastfeeding issues. I'm personally glad I haven't seen my toxic mother since just a few days after Alexander's birth as she was so nasty and was really delighting in me having problems with breastfeeding and making me out to be an absolute idiot, including in front of one of the midwives:wacko:

Envy you on the crying part, Alexander does have his daily crying fits with some days being worse than others:wacko: He seems to get hysterical sometimes which makes it harder to calm him down. I'm currently experimenting with using white noise (using an app I found) to help him sleep better.

Anyway any pics of Max:flower:

almost, any baby yet?

Thought I'd update: the health care provider gave us the green light to stop formula:happydance: She said we could give it to him once a day for a couple of days and then completely stop which we did. Plus I've officially gone over to on-demand feeding so no more timed feeds:thumbup::happydance: She does want me to keep an eye out for how long Alexander goes between feeds the first couple of weeks and if it's been 4 hours since last time to wake him and feed him.

No appointment ATM to see her again as she's now happy with Alexander's weight gain. She said if the Motherhood Group is up and running in 2 weeks then I'll see her there but if not (depends on if they have enough interested new mothers that all have had their babies close to each other), she'll contact me and we'll make another appointment. Any questions until then I'm free to call/text her. Looking forward to joining the group and hoping to find some new friends:thumbup:

very stressed and busy but popping in to say no baby yet I had an appt yesterday no dilation and so today I'm waiting for a non stress test then ultrasound Monday and 41weeo prenatal Tuesday and induction date to be set I'm asking to be induced Tuesday evening because I'm worried about natural birth with a baby too big for me

Just thought I'd ask how everyone and your LOs are doing these days?

Things are going fine with Alexander. He did loose too much weight and went down a curve so he's started eating early at around 4 months old. Been starting him with porridges and gruel as they do here in Denmark. He really loves it, especially his bedtime gruel:thumbup: He was otherwise getting that and a porridge after his 1st nap of the day but today I just started giving him mashed potato/carrot after his 2nd nap and he ate about ½ at his first go so not bad! He got his 1st set of shots at 3 months and his 2nd round at 5 months (he hated it both times as they give him a shot in each thigh:nope:) plus a health check and everything is looking good. Now that he's eating, he's gaining weight more steadily now. Had a rough few weeks when he went through leap 4 and think he's started leap 5 now. Oh and he was baptised/christened on March 4th, the day before he turned 5 months:

IMG_20170304_140819_small.jpg

Barendåb - 8.jpg

My childish friend didn't come. First she said she would and the suddenly she'd had the flu for 2 weeks and cancelled coming because she had a report/paper she needed to finish. She hasn't seen him since he was about 2 months old and she doesn't even liked any of my updates and pics of him on FB. I don't see this friendship lasting much longer. Don't know if she's just being selfish or she has some jealousy. I know her and her boyfriend want to try again but she was still waiting on AF returning last she said anything about it.

Oh and my toxic mother decided to only come to the church ceremony and not the reception at our house. She claimed she was sick but she didn't look that sick so thinking she just wanted attention. Yet despite my MIL offering to drive her home afterwards, she refused to come and let my cousin drive her home (my cousin couldn't stay for the reception as she couldn't switch work shifts with someone else so she could only come to the church ceremony). My mother really made it about her, even making out me giving Alexander my father's name as his middle name to have been purely for her sake. Oh and I heard she complained about us using DH's family baptism gown instead of the one she made for me when I was a baby although now she's claiming it was my cousin that complained which I don't believe for a second.

I'm in a Mommy & Me group so making friends with other moms in my area. Am getting especially close to this lady who's 2 years older than me that was on a similiar journey to have her son. In our group of 5 we all have sons btw which is odd:wacko:

I'm now on friendly terms with my toxic siblings but don't see it lasting long but this is just a last ditch effort to have a civilised relationship with them:shrug: They're coming to Denmark this summer. Didn't come to the baptism as they both have kids in school so couldn't travel here for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->