Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

My heartburn has been mostly cured with milk, wanted to try avoiding medicines. Oh the doctor said baby could be closer to 4 kg, we'll find out on Wednesday!

Here's my most recent bump pic:

38-39 weeks.jpg

Hey everyone haven't been on for a while so thought I'd check in and catch up on things.
Kat you're doing the right thing going a c.. Don't listen to anyone else. My friend had one and it's really something not to worry about she recovered so well. So dos my sister. And your husband is around to help too. They do it so well these days.
Almost - faaaark a 4th degree tear. That's terrible. They were telling us about that in the parenting classes. Can imagine your recovery would have been a bit major. Do whatever u think is best for u..
Miss Cassie - you're not long to go either!

As for me, we didn't find a place to move into so did a massive re haul on the apartment. It's actually looking really nice and actually feels good to de clutter! As I work for myself as an artist I'Ve actually still been working away! I feel really good and had a last minute creative burst! A few late nights at the studio till midnight but not doing that now lol! Even though I could my husband's already dobbed me into the midwife. Got all the paintings done that I wanted to. Just tying up loose ends today and tmw.. And will relax next week, get my hair done, catch Bridget jones movie etc etc. everyone keeps saying enjoy it while it lasts.. Yeah duh thanks. Due date is the 15th.. I'm getting acupuncture next week to help move things along. Brothers wedding is 3 hours away on the 22nd weekend.. If we've had it we would consider going. If we haven't then we can't go. Not too fussed though we will have other priorities.
I've learnt u just have to block out people's comments. I'm nearly 6 foot, have exercised a lot throughout, and haven't put much weight on. I've had a lot of people saying oh u don't look very big. But there's more room for him in my torso. Maybe I was taking these personally because I eat really healthy food (vegetarian and mostly vegan) and feel like people think I'm under eating. Sizing scan showed baby is 50-80%. Everyone is different in pregnancy and labour - just have to do your own thing and not listen to all the other comments!!

Btw everyone getting sick of people/strangers Telkom u how much your life will change!! Argh. Thanks yeah I know.. But I want it to change I've wanted this for so long! (Almost imagine with #2 u don't get as many)

Maddison lea born at 7:54 this morning thr 6th october. Weighing in at 2.32kg and 51cm i'm so in love

Congrats Miss Cassie on the end of one big journey and the beginning of another x

misscassie congrats how exiting right on your due date?! :)

miranda sorry you did not find a place to move but sounds like everything worked out for now! I do not get the whole life changing comments no but I've got plenty Oh you are huge or you are so small hahaha so many different opinions I actually feels quite tiny compared to being pregnant the first time maybe bc I am carrying low with ds I carried quite high!

less than 5 weeks until my due date I can't waitt ttc to meet my baby girl!

So sorry I disappeared on here, things have been hectic:wacko:

Our son was born on October 5th at 2:00 PM weighing 4020 kg and 53 cm long:cloud9:

Bebs2.jpg

Unfortunately I felt super bad after the c-section because the medications caused side-effects such as nausea and heart palpatations:nope: During recovery they tried to get a midwife to help with breastfeeding but couldn't find one so the nurse atending em helped and just said that it looked fine. We didn't really get started though until the morning after when the midwives were more available. Our son was doing ok with the breastfeeding but apparently I'm not producing enough milk so he's lost over 10% of his birth weight:cry: Plus he's developed some jaundice although it doesn't look like he'll need treatment, they're testing him again to see if it's on the decline. To increase my milk production, they're having me pump my milk out. The routine is now that I first try breastfeeding him for 15 minutes, then give him what breastmilk I pumped out after last time in a bottle and then supplementing with formula which I'm not happy about but needs to be done:nope: After that, DH takes over and changes his diaper if needed and puts his clothes back on (since they're into skin-to-skin here) and puts him to bed while I pump out the milk he didn't get out of both breasts. We'll see, I'm not feeling super positive right now and fear we may end up giving him formula on a steady basis.

Oh Kat what a lovely surprise to wake up to this am! congrats mama he is beautiful! sorry to hear you don't feel so well with time you will be feeling back to yourself I hope! hope your son gains weight and the jaundice goes away quickly big hugs!

Thanks almost, jaundice does seem to be gradually going away and he's becoming less lethargic so no more battles to get milk in him:happydance: I've been feeding him every 2 hours during the day and 3 hours during the night as per instructions. The nurse was here a couple of days ago and she wasn't thrilled with the cloth diapers, she feels they're "too much extra work" and was almost pushing for us to use regular diapers. I generally found her a bit opinionated, she was so extreme with alcohol and recommending us not to drink in front of our son at all, any alcohol we consume must be when he doesn't see it:dohh: I know there's an issue with the teenagers and young adults drinking too much alcohol when they're out on the town but still.....:nope: Oh well, good news was he's gained weight so things are looking up! I'm doing better thanks, no pain left although can be a bit difficult getting out of bed sometimes without straining my stitches a bit.

Kat that's good your feeling healed up for the most part. Wow she does sound like she is overstepping boundaries we drink wine in front of our son at dinner on occasion when I wasn't pregnsnt of course and he knows what it is and that's it's for adults and he can't have it maybe we are too laid back? haha. and as for the diapers that's your choice and she should respect that!

my breast pump arrived today with two 5 oz bottles I'm so excited to hopefully just breastfeed but I know it's good to have a pump on hand in case my little one has trouble latching or in case I want a glass of wine and would pump and bottle feed but I'm going to try to post phone drinking for at least 6 months as its a pain trying to figure out giving fresh non contaminated milk ide rather not deal with the hassle. sorry ranting csnt wait for my feeding bonding time and to meet my little girl so closeee!

Congrats misscassie, and kat!!! How exciting to have your los!!!
Kat, I think that keeping alcohol a secret would make it sort of taboo when it doesn't have to be. I think that kids seeing what responsible drinking is, is really importance.

Almost, I'm super excited it's almost time to meet your little girl!!!

thank you just a mini rant I have a severely disabled sister she's 20 years older than I am and she had a Brian tumor before I was even born well she had a small hairline fracture from a fall yesterday and has to wear a knee brace and then she fell to more times a stroke is suspected but not confirmed she has a Mri scheduled for tomorrow but had a cstscan she's paralyzed on one side of her body I'm just super worried for her and hope it's just temporary. I also have a obgyn appt tomorrow and don't want to bring ds as I have my strep b swab so I feel bad but I think my dad will still be able to watch my son for an hour while I do that appt.

almosthere firstly so sorry about your sister, I hope it isn't anything very bad and she soon recovers. As to the crazy nurse yeah, I think it's super crazy to not be able to drink at all in front of our child:wacko: She said we should only drink when our child is sleeping and can't see it, even if it's only e.g. 1 glass of wine:dohh: Crazy woman! I totally get not getting drunk in front of our child, that's obvious, but not having e.g. a couple of glasses of wine, yeah too nuts. Also hard to completely avoid as alcohol is always served at the big family gatherings like birthdays and holidays. Yeah too true, I don't know why she mixed into it either, if we want to do the extra work, that's our choice:growlmad:

froggy yeah that's the thing, hiding all alcohol use makes it seem taboo but it's also lying to our child. I don't see the harm in having a glass or two and teaching our child to drink responsibly either :dohh: But we didn't want to get into a discussion with her so just said "ok" to it.

Congrats to the new mummies! I still find it quite surreal that I will have a baby any day! Time has just flown since this thread started and I can't believe the time has actually come to meet our babies!
There's no sign of baby here, but had a sweep yesterday and had bloody show earlier this morning, so hopefully things are progressing! Hope everyone else is doing well :flower: X

Congrats to the new mummies! I still find it quite surreal that I will have a baby any day! Time has just flown since this thread started and I can't believe the time has actually come to meet our babies!
There's no sign of baby here, but had a sweep yesterday and had bloody show earlier this morning, so hopefully things are progressing! Hope everyone else is doing well :flower: X

FXed for you Elz, here's hoping baby soon comes:flower:

Elz how exciting!

thank you my sister has a confirmed massive stroke and her prognosis is not looking good trying to be as relaxed as possible since I'm super pregnant and don't want stress to trigger labor.

I had a obgyn appt and they checked my cervix and nothing yet which I'm not surprised I have a feeling I'll need to be induced again but we will see.

Almost, I'm doing good. Baby boy is great. I have GD and placenta previa. They are hopeful that the placenta corrects, but in the case it doesn't I may end up with a CS at 36 weeks. I spotted a little yesterday, which is common with a previa, but today I'm doing well.

how cute is that polka dot bump! you look great!

hopefully you won't have to deliver that early but it's late enough where baby should be totally fine :) I need to make sure my dr doesn't make me go past my due date because I'm nervous about delivering a 8 pounder my son was 7.9lbs and big for me so nerves are really getting to me ahhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->