Anyone doing FET/IVF Jan/Feb 2016

Ohhhh congrats on passing!!! I was convinced I had it because I was so bloody thirsty. Still am! And I drink heaps of water.:
I love that name.. We're a bit stuck. Our last name is a mouth full.. So we need something simple. We love Max but it's so popular!

The midwife said he's lying diagonally - hence why he's on my bladder and I can feel little tap tap movements on my side. And why I've been feeling a bit of stretching across the belly button.. I'm nearly 6 foot and my husband I 6 foot 4.. I'm hoping he isn't too tall to move into position.. Our midwife says we don't need to worry until 36 weeks..

ya it's still early I have a breech baby but I'm not worrying about it yet it's still so early things can change. Aw I like Max a lot I don't know many in my area of you like it just go ahead and use that name :)

So just got back from vacation, didn't have much internet access so first am able to respond now. I'll play catch up ASAP!

In short our vacation to Alsace was really nice although the drive to and back were horrid because of the huge amount of traffic and how much road work was being done in Germany:wacko: Baby has been doing well although I suspect (s)he may have turned at one point but now I think is back to head down again. I made sure to stay pretty hydrated and we always had a few cans of water with us when we were out during the day. I'll post pics ASAP, also have a few bump pics in the mix:winkwink:

As for the wedding we went to the day before we left, that went fine as well. Baby was super active during the ceremony for some reason, not sure if it was all the psalm singing or the organ or what:shrug: There was some issues with the food for me as the bridal couple hadn't fully prepared the restaurant so I had to constantly ask for the courses without the meat. Almost got into an argument with one waiter as he kept insisting that I'm a vegetarian (and should be asking for vegetarian versions) when I'm not, I'm a pescetarian since I eat fish/shellfish:dohh: To make things better, one of the wives started asking me when we were going to have baby #2:wacko::dohh: I thought people first bugged you about that around 1-1½ years after baby #1 is born, not already 2 months before baby #1 is due:wacko: DH and I sidestepped the issue but it did bug me. Her husband was constantly bugging me about baby #1 shortly after DH and I got married and now his wife is already bugging me about baby #2. So crazy!

As for names DH, and I haven't really agreed on anything although I think we're getting closer to figuring something out. But most of the names under discussion are of course Danish names so would have to explain the Danish pronunciation to you all if I started talking about them.

As for GD testing they don't do that here but my last urine test was normal for glucose and protein so no issues and I'm hoping it continues that way!

Don't know if I mentioned it but was at my 32 week scan just before leaving and my placenta has moved so no need for a C-section:happydance::thumbup: Although the tech claims baby is measuring 1 week ahead in certain things so she's guessing it's a big baby:wacko: We'll see.

so glad you had a nice trip! you are in the home stretch now so exciting! I can't wait to hit 30 weeks haha I feel like that's when you are that much closer eeek!

Ok I really need advice now. My selfish, childish friend (wrote about her here for those that don't know about her: https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/p...nd-showing-no-interest-my-pregnancy-vent.html) who we haven't heard from since we saw her in June called DH today with the news that she was pregnant back in June when she was asking about the price of stuff and what happens at scans and appointments. She was otherwise due in February but turns out baby wasn't growing right and she's now very recently m/c'ed it. Now she wants to come over:wacko: I honestly don't know how to feel about this. I feel bad for her but at the same time feel like the only reason she got pregnant is because I am and she wanted to be the center of attention plus she never showed any interest in my pregnancy which you'd think she would when she was pregnant herself yet never once did she ask how I'm doing or anything even before she knew something was wrong. I just don't know, should I agree to let her come over? I know this sounds horrible, but I just can't stand yet another evening where everything is about her as I feel like our friendship seems to be almost constantly about her.

Maybe you could confront her about it, and just tell her how your feeling? Nobodu likes it when you have a freind thats just talks about themselves and are so self-centered. Would be annoying

Maybe you could confront her about it, and just tell her how your feeling? Nobodu likes it when you have a freind thats just talks about themselves and are so self-centered. Would be annoying

The problem is she doesn't deal well with confrontation. She has major self-esteem issues plus severe emotional ones as well (so don't think she's in a position to have a child). I remember her once telling me via SMS that I should "think positive" and spouting a bunch of garbage while I was going through infertility and when I told her it doesn't work that way and how hurtful her comments were (I worded it in the nicest way), she told me I clearly didn't understand her (like she was some guru) and then made it about how hurtful I was now being towards her. She created drama about it as well. I think I fear she'll do the same, now making me look even more evil because how dare I talk about my feelings when she's mc'ed?

I think another issue is I also am questioning her story. You'd think if she was pregnant, she would tell me based on what I know about her. Plus show more interest in my pregnancy and how I'm doing. Now just barely 6 weeks before I'm due she tells us she was pregnant but mc'ed very recently after finding out at her NT scan (which is done between 11 and 13 weeks here) baby was too small? I just don't know........ She does like to have drama and make herself the center of attention. It also makes me fear telling her she won't be the Godmother of my baby because she can now say how mean we are to do that to her, especially after she's mc'ed. I'm not saying she's definitely lying tyhough, just that I'm questioning things. Especially as she said she definitely wasn't going to try for a baby until 2-3 years from now since she wants to finish her education and get a job first plus her boyfriend is 11 years younger and isn't ready for kids yet.

thanks misscassie you haven't delivered yet have you? your ticker says 5 days I can't beleive it!! so happy it's finally October due nov 8th so feeling super close now especially once 36 weeks will hit and I'll be 9 months eeek but for now 35 weeks on Tuesday :)

Thanks MissCassie!

I was told at my last scan that baby is around 4.7 kg so the doctor strongly recommended a C-section so the date is set for October 5th. Doctors here are extremly pro-vaginal birth so I know the doctor must really feel this is the best option to so strongly recommend it. And no, this is a woman doctor that works with only pregnant women so no nonsense about how doctors see "pregnancy as a disease", I've heard this one already and it's simply not an issue in this country plus she's a woman working in the pregnancy field!

And please no one try to change my mind, my mind's made up and I truely feel this is the safest way to bring my baby into this world! Supportive comments only!

whatever is best for you and baby is what is most important no judgement here! I was told to also consider a c section this time around if baby is going to be ds size or larger he was 7lb 9oz but I have no idea the size of this baby girl so I'm going to ask about have Ling an ultrasound or getting some type of accurate predicted weight

thanks misscassie you haven't delivered yet have you? your ticker says 5 days I can't beleive it!! so happy it's finally October due nov 8th so feeling super close now especially once 36 weeks will hit and I'll be 9 months eeek but for now 35 weeks on Tuesday :)

Havent had her yet, she is nice and snug in there haha. My due date is the 6th but i'm being induced on the 4th due to my pcos and having high blood pressure the entire pregnancy just no pre e which is good.

Yipee bring on the 8th of November for you :) i cant believe how quick its gone. We will all be holding our babies very soon.

No judgement here from me either Kat, at the end of the day you have to do whats best for you and your baby. He/She has to come out anyway either vaginal or c sec :)

And majority of the time when your having a bigger baby they offer a ceaser anyway. Which is the safest way to deliver

Dont worry about what other people think.

Thanks ladies:flower:

almost I hope your baby isn't big and you can deliver her vaginally! When are you going to do a scan to see how big she is?

MissCassie so they also recommend sections for big babies where you live? I try but don't like feeling judged for doing something I feel is best for my child.

Oh btw my toxic mother is friends with my cousin again and told her I'm pregnant (even though I told her I don't want it getting back to my toxic siblings) and my cousin has of course told my siblings. My siblings haven't said a thing but my brother's enabler wife sent me a congrats message and a couple of days later asked me over Messenger "So when are you due? I want to hear all about it if you're willing to talk to us." Ugh how inflammatory can you get, like it's my fault there's a rift between me and my toxic siblings but of course she sides with my brother:nope: Going to ignore her.

Ive known a few ladies who had a ceasar as their baby was quite big.

My bestie just had her baby on the 29th and she had to have a c sec. She cant birth naturally due to her pelvis not being wide enough. When she had her daughter she was pushing for hours and hours bany started to come out and then got stuck and then went back up. So she can never birth naturally.

And you're doing what's best for your baby so dont let people upset you :) millions of women have had c sections for all sorts of reasons and there is nothing wrong with it at all.

thanks that's the thing my obgyn hasn't set up an scans in quite some time but I'm going to ask about it on Friday I have my strep b test and I'll ask about flu shot and ultrasound for a size check!

So true MissCassie, I'm just surprised that some don't think me potentially having a 4.7 kg baby in there is reason enough:wacko: I don't think many understand the risks of trying to vaginally give birth to a large baby and only spout all the positive stories they've read about.

almost ah ok I hope you can have that scan soon! The only reason I got a growth scan was because at my last midwife appointment at week 36 I was measuring 40 weeks and she also thought I looked very swollen (given my height and build) so she wanted to find out if baby is big or if I had excess amniotic fluid. I've since gotten bigger yet so thinking I'm still measuring a good deal ahead:wacko: Hoping my baby is closer to 4 kg though but we'll see! Hopefully your baby isn't measuring big.

Kat I couldn't agree with you more on some other threads woman talk like I'm crazy when I say size matters in my situation! everyone is different and I'm so tiny they say mom and baby's size doesn't matter I want to be like we'll I got 4th degree tearing with ana average size baby so apparently it does! Haha.

I had low amniotic fluid with ds so I was monitored very frequently with ultrasounds and in the end non stress tests from pre-eclampsia. my hands and toes swell but nothing major and BP has been good so not too worried about that yet.

almost yeah it's crazy how women feel that because they had no issues with giving birth that it must be that way for everyone else:nope:

AFM my meeting went fine although I developed really bad heartburn and had to power through the last 1½ hours :wacko: They suddenly had an opening for tomorrow but I felt that now I've been mentally preparing for Wednesday so we're going to stick to that date. DH was more into doing it tomorrow but I told him it's highly unlikely 1 day will make a difference. Haven't been loosing any of my plug or anything, my BH are super inconsistent and only happen a couple of times a day and baby is normally pretty active still so don't think I'm going to go into labour anytime soon. The 2 midwives (I think one is in training) wanted to try feeling my bump when I told them our section is due to a big baby and they could tell that baby is big for gestational age.

Main key is to not let people push their ideas on you :) because remeber EVERY pregnancy is completely different and what worked for them may not work for you :)

I'm glad your appointment went well and that your set for Wednesday. 5th of october sounds like a great day for a birthday.
Heartburn is absolutely horrible! I get it every day unless i take zantac for releif.

Fingers crossed that they are wrong and bubs isnt as big as they are thinking.

My friend who jist had her baby they kept saying would be a 9-10pound baby but he was only 8p3oz so not as big as they thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->