Anyone else doing IVF/ISCI in June?

OMG! Mummy Congratulations! How are you doing? How are sweet lil Max and Isla doing? Cute names! Can't wait to hear the full story. T&P are with you and your lil ones! May you all regain much strength in the days/weeks to come!

Oh wow! Congrats Mommy!! So happy for you! Can't wait to see the pictures!!

Hi lovely ladies. Forgive me for the lack of personals. I'm approaching the end of my 2ww and my head is all over the place!! I had a 2 day transfer about 9 days ago, so praying everything has worked out.

Love to you all. Will update soon!

:hug:

Thanks wish2bmama :hugs:

I got my :bfp: this morning ladies! First on an FRER and then on a digi (Pregnant 1-2 weeks :)). I'm still in shock but so so excited

YES!! Congrats Isi! I came on here hoping to see a BFP post and there it was! WOOT!!!

Oh my goodness!!! So much news!!!!!!

Isi, CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Oh I am soo sooo happy for you, couldn't happen to a nicer forum member!! :) You must be on cloud 9, enjoy those tests, I must have done one every day for the first 2 months haha, the novelty of that BFP never wore off!!

And CONGRATULATIONS Mummy!! Oh my goodness, I wasn't expecting that! I do hope you're all well, sending you all lots of love xx

Congrats Isi! That's wonderful news! So very happy for you over here. :hugs::happydance::hugs::happydance:

Mummy, looking forward to hearing updates of health and excitement from you soon!
:flower:

So today I have some time (and energy) to finally reflect on this past week! Geez I feel like I've been through some sort of car crash trauma but I'm slowly recovering and feeling more human!

I still sit here in a state of disbelief really that our twinnies are here already and they're not longer inside me!

It started on Monday, an ordinary day, I had the most relaxed day I've ever had. No computer work just nice chilled day. Went to lunch with one of my bessies and hubby for her bday and had a leisurely stroll back. About 5pm I felt a bit wet down below. Lay down as I was tender and watched tv with hubby. Still felt a wet feeling down below and was feeling a little trickle even lying down. Told DH to make dinner and if it continued we'd phone hospital. Well it got to 7pm and I got up for a wee and I had a large wet patch on my trousers so we phoned hospital and they said to come in. (didn't even get to eat my dinner! lol)
Was hooked up to lots of different monitors etc and on initial assessment could feel contractions and definately was leaking water. Cervix was 3cm dilated!! :s Was given a steroid injection and told they would monitor me. They could stop contractions but just wanted to check that I didn't have an infection. If I didn't and my water was ok they would try and keep me from going into labour. Was just about to tuck into my sandwich after re assuring my mum that things would be ok when whoosh I thought my waters had gone but it turned out to be huge blood loss :( It kept on coming and coming and coming, so much blood I have never seen so much! Well after that things were a complete blur. I was jabbed with injections from every angle, emergency c section was the only option due to the amount of blood loss they said I was critical. No time to fill out the paperwork I was rushed into theatre for surgery.
The C section was the worst experience of my life. I could feel so much pulling and tugging it was horrendous. The babies arrived, Max first 2lb 10 ozs crying and then Isla 2lbs 8ozs crying. I didn't get to see either and that's when my c section turned awful. I began to feel my legs, I could even lift them. I panicked and stop them to stop, they gave me more drugs but it didn't help. I begged them to knock me out in the end and they did I was so traumatised. They struggled to sort the bleeding and to get all of Max's placenta out as it was this that had ruptured and caused all the bleeding.
I spent the next day in critical care where I passed in and out of consciousness! Max and Isla were good weights for nearly 29 weeks so they decided not to transfer them to London. Thank goodness!
I eventually saw them on the Weds for the first time. In a bad way I couldn't muster the strength to see them for long but it was pretty scary to see all the wires etc around them. They weren't ventilated but were having air pumped into them.
5 days on they are now off all breathing support and holding their own :happydance: I have attached 2 piccies of them. I can't believe they're here and they're perfect. I feel so bad that because of me they're having to go through all this trauma, I wish they had stayed in me for longer but I'm glad they're alive and day by day I'm willing them to get stronger!
I was discharged on friday and today I am feeling far more human. Still incredibly sore but up and about now.
I manage to visit once a day (from yesterday) and that's all I can do at the moment as I'm so exhausted. I'm expressing and doing well with that now so I'm able to do my bit and give them what they need which is good. They were being weighed last night (they said to expect weight loss at first) so I'll see how they're doing tonight :)

Attachments

• Isla (1).jpg
    Isla (1).jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Max (1).jpg
    Max (1).jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 8
Oh wow! Mommy you went through so much!! You're such a strong lady! They are so adorable!! Much bigger than I'd have thought. Gosh, you're a Mom :hugs:. How cool is that?!!

Awww, Mummy! What you've been through! All 4 of you! I'm sure your DH was at his wits ends in nervousness and fear for his sweet lil family too. I can only imagine what you all went through, through this whole surprise early labor. Wonderful to hear that they're both breathing on their own and that you're a bit less sore and starting to become more mobile. How long are they going to have to stay in the NICU? I had a girlfriend that had her twins at 27 weeks (16 years ago) and it was of course stressful and she heard gloom from the Dr's about their future development of their brains and motor skills and they surpassed all expectations. The more love, support, hope and faith that you put into your lil sweet peas, the better off they'll be in gaining their strength. I'm so happy for you. :hugs:

I'm not too sure how long they will be in SCBU for. They said I may be able to try breast feeding at 32 weeks which will be in 2 ish weeks time. They are both sucking on their dummies to improve their palete so that's good. They usually say around the time that they would have been due so 10th May ish but usually before that... all depends on their progress. Fingers crossed their strength continues and we will soon have them home with us :)

How adorable!!! So glad to hear you are feeling better! And glad to hear you are able to express, def good for the tiny ones <3

Wow Mummy! I can't believe what you've been through, so glad to hear you're all doing well, your babies are absolutely beautiful, you must be so proud.
Keep us posted won't you xx

Hi lovely ladies. Just thought to update you that my scan yesterday showed 2 gorgeous little sacs :flower:. We didn't get to hear the heart beat yet, but I'm hoping we can get to do this by the next scan. I pray they both stick around!!!!

Attachments

• Kay & Emm - smaller.JPG
    Kay & Emm - smaller.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 2
So so so happy for you Isi! Can't wait to cheer you along through all the next fun milestones! Enjoy and take it easy! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->