Anyone else TTC/NTNP #2 and have a LO under 1yr?

Thanks all, was do pleased as last time was very different! Was a bit of a shock she came so quick, was a good job was in hospital with the induction. Amy has a much smaller head than Emma which helped with the pushing, Emma's was 37cm. Amy's is 34.5cm, so good army that our kids are so close in age, will be looking for tips lol. Xxx

If I get a natural birth I am scared about getting to the hospital on time because in peak hour it's over 2hra to get there so if I find out at 32 weeks I am aloud to go vaginally I am going to read up a lot with home birthing and emergency home birthing so we know what to expect I will probably buy a few things that are needed at a home birth just in case. If I get the vaginal birth it would be kind of exciting if I had baby at home there is another hospital that is only 10 minutes away but I don't like that hospital very much but if I gave birth at home I wouldn't be apposed to going there for bubs to be checked me stitched up if needing it and all the clean up lol. I would just discharge myself 6 or so hours later after we get the all clear. Home births aren't that common in aus I would love to do it but I think you would have to pay for a private midwife to attend the birth and I don't think we could afford that.
I am keeping positive about my placenta moving let's hope it makes a difference lol.

Do you ladies get the injection for the placenta or birth it naturally? I was never even asked if I wanted the injection or not. I actually had in my birth plan that I didn't want it but everything went so fast I didn't get to get it out but I didn't mind as I was so busy adoring hunter at the time just curious as to what other people have done and if you haven't had the injection what was it like?

Darlin: omg yay your appointment is not to far away now! That's so exciting.

Army: how did Zachary go? And yep bad night in the beginning for hunter and I but once I brought him into our bed he only woke once the little bugger but I am knackered today I couldn't sleep in fact I haven't been able to sleep is find it hard to when mick is on nights. He has finished now so let's hope I can be asleep when hunter goes down tonight so won't matter if he has a fussy night. Do you go down when the kiddies go down or stay up for a bit?

Red rose: how's the cycle going?

I don't know anything about the placenta injection thing. I know here they sometimes do a shot of pitocin afterwards. Is that it?

I had to have the injection twice thus time as they were worried about blood loss but all fine in the end. By that point to be honest I didn't care as I was pleased to be in less pain and obviously a beautiful baby, Breastfeeding her really quick helped with it too. Xx

:cry: I suck at cooking this time around. I made a roast with gravy for dinner and it's so dry. I was so looking forward to it too :brat: It's like pregnancy has sucked away all of my skills lol.

Kristie: buy lots of plastic tarps to lay out in the house in case of home birth lol I just always imagined home births as a bloody mess lol.
Where are you staying at before bubs is born? Will dh and hunter stay with you too?

My placenta was delivered immediately following each birth, they just pushed on my stomach and had me push one more time, didn't feel a thing. Didn't even notice..too busy starin and crying at my beautiful boys

Zachary did good during the day today. Slept and ate well all day. Not sure how tonight will go after last nights craziness :wacko:
I usually stay up maybe an hr after the kiddos are sleeping and watch one of my shows on the Dvr and then I go to bed.
Sleep is more precious to me nowadays lol can't wait for Zachary to start sttn

Army I think that is my main concern with having two. I am just worried their sleeping schedules won't sync up and I'll never sleep again :haha:

Kristi I second the tarps. I've heard of people using them so clean up is easier and you aren't as worried about the mess.

That was my worry too darlin. I really thought I'd never sleep for months. But honestly it's not that bad.
Having experience with Logan will make you so much more of a pro this time around. I feel more confident in my mommy skills with knowing when to rock or burp or feed etc.

Stephen sleeps from 8pm to 8am and naps around 1 to 2pm.
Then Zachary sleeps Alot. He sleeps for like 2 /3 hrs at a time and then up for usually an hr or so then he is out again for another 2/3 Hrs. So at night I get to sleep about 6hrs a night , usually wake up twice a night to feed.

You'll fit number 2 into your routine...and they sleep so much you'll be surprised how much easier it is 2nd time around . I can't wait for you and kristie to have your babies and we can experience this next phase of our lives together :)

I'm so excited. I can't wait for our scan Thursday to see a hb and how many are in there! I can't shake the twin feeling. I've had dreams and things about it. I need reassurance! :haha:

I had to have the injection to speed up placenta. It seems it came out instantly, ddidn't need to push, they just pulled after feeling my belly

Yeah I didn't even need to push either it was just the injection and I didn't even know it was happening until she asked me if I wanted to look at it hitch I did it was pretty incredible.

I will definitely be buying some tarps I really wanted a home water birth but being at michaels mums and the whole can't afford it thing and possibly c section I just can't. I think I will with my next one though if we go for a third.

Army: we are staying at dhs mums house and depending on c section or natural we will stay for 2 weeks if it's a c section or 5-7 days if it's natural at his mums. If I have a natural depending on what time of day I will either go home after 6 hours if bf is going good or stay 1 night if everything goes well. And c section as long as they tell me to.

It's great that yours babies are sleeping well or that you are coping with the 2 really well army and caz.

Darlin: it's Thursday for us here in about 4hrs so that's pretty exciting for you!

Well I am just hopping into bed hopefully get a good night sleep the light man is fast asleep in his bed I have had such bad pregnancy insomnia but I think tonight I will be out like a light.

Sounds like you have a good relationship with your mil. That's good you have supportive family around you especially when your preg. And have a toddler to care for.

It wa another repeat night :dohh: exact same time too. 10pm he started crying and crying. I tried all the tricks google had recommended and the swaddle did the trick finally at 12:30am. I wrapped him up tightly and bounced him and rocked him. He finally crashed!
So wasn't too bad but exhausting.

It's 9:50am on Wednesday here so about 22 hrs until our scan :happydance: We might be having MIL stay with us when baby gets here. We have to have someone if I have a c-section because I won't be able to lift Logan in and out of his crib and things. If I go natural I think it will be nice just so we can have some bonding time with baby and naps if we need them. Just so we can establish everything and figure out how to handle the two without losing our minds the first few days :haha:

I bought some things yesterday :D I got 2 sleep sacks and a bib. They're 0-9m but I loved them for Logan. They kept him snuggly warm, the sleeves covered his hands so he didn't scratch himself and we didn't need to fuss with mittens and they made night time changes a breeze. I absolutely love some of the things on mothercare but of course by the time I pay for shipping it's outrageous :dohh:

Just wanted to add no nausea today! :D but damn am I tired :sleep:

hey ladies im cd 12 today and i think my opks were darker today :) im hoping i get a positive by friday the latest

what do u ladies think?

Attachments

• DSC_2484.jpg
    DSC_2484.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2
That's good nausea stopped darlin!
Good idea to have mil over after baby arrives..it's nice to have the extra hands!
My mil stayed over and watched Stephen while we were at the hospital for 2nights.

My mil surprised me with this!! She knew how bad I wanted one but couldn't afford it so I've been trying to find a deal on Craigslist but she ended up buying it new for me.

I'm so excited to use it at the zoo and fairs and malls :happydance:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 4
Redrose if im reading them right it looks like you are getting a tad darker. Do you usually get a fade in before your positive?

My carseat snaps right in and it also turns into a sit and stand so Stephen can stand on the back and ride it too

Anyone else planning on getting a double stroller too? Which one?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1
My carseat snaps right in and it also turns into a sit and stand so Stephen can stand on the back and ride it too

Anyone else planning on getting a double stroller too? Which one?

We would like the baby jogger city mini :)

https://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/t449/Cezza_B/baby-jogger-city-mini-double-purple-grey-29668-0-1297528966000-533x533_zpsaebbbbaa.jpg

I really liked the city ones but omg are they expensive! We are getting a contours one.

https://momspotted.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/LT_yellow-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->