Anyone else TTC/NTNP #2 and have a LO under 1yr?

Meh, they weren't all that great. The sugar cookies were pretty awesome but we weren't a fan of the filling. Maybe with a different filling. Like a vanilla bean or chocolate. It needs to be thicker too like the filling in a twinky.

Oh Darlin, keep positive! Those cookies look delicious and youve given me a great idea for LOs first birthday! (cake pops how fun!) So AF still hasnt arrived which isnt normal for me, buti havent taken a hpt since last BFN..OH doesnt want me obsessing and wasting money so were waiting a few days but I migjt cave tomorrow..Darlin, how do you icing the cake pops?

I use the wilton chocolate coating chips. Have you made them before?

I will tell you how I make mine. Keep in mind they are very labor intensive and take about 3hrs or more (if you don't bake your cake ahead of time)

1.) Get whatever boxed cake you want to use and bake it however the directions say. Let it cool completely. For cake pops it is ok to use cake that is a couple days old. :thumbup:

2.) Make your buttercream. You can use store bought icing but it isn't as thick and it's way more sticky and harder to manage. I use this recipe...

https://www.wilton.com/recipe/Buttercream-Icing

I cut the recipe in half. if it seems a little runny you can add more powder sugar or if you need some extra milk that's normal too. It should be pretty stiff but not rock hard :haha:

3.) Crumble up the cake in a bowl so it's as fine as you can get it. I usually cut off any rough edges 1st so you don't get lumps.

4.) Add frosting a couple spoonfuls at a time until you get like a dough consistency. You need to be able to roll them into balls.

5.) Place a peace of parchment paper on a cookie sheet and scoop out balls of your cake mixture. I use a cookie scoop so mine are uniform and then roll them in your hands so they are smooth.
https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41O3DDS6sdL._AA500_.jpg

6.) place them in the fridge to harden a little.

7.) take your lollipop sticks and dip the tips in a little bit of melted chocolate then stick them in the cake balls. I usually melt a small amnt of 5 or 6 chips for this because you will not need the whole bag yet.

8.) return them to the fridge or the freezer to harden back up. DO NOT leave them in either too long or they will crack. You can't start this process and then finish them later they have to be finished that same night. I usually give them at least 10 min.

9.) melt your chocolate as the bag states. I only use the wilton kind or the nestle chips we get at a local baking shop. The candy melts don't melt smoothly enough. If you use the microwave heat at 30sec at a time or you can scald your chips and they get grainy.

10.) I next remove about 10 pops at a time from the fridge to dip in chocolate. You can tap most of the extra chocolate off and set flat on parchment paper or tap off the extra and stick in a piece of styrofoam so they are like actual lollipops. Don't tap too hard or they will fall apart/break. They are VERY fragile. Once completely dry (20min or so) You can decorate them as you wish :happydance: When finished if you won't be eating them within 24hrs I would say stick them in the fridge. :winkwink:

These were my test run pops for Logan's party. I am making Mickey ones. All I had at the time was white chips and fondant. The ones for the party will be black with the bottom half double dipped in red with 2 white dots for buttons so they look like real Mickeys.

Attachments

• photo (39).jpg
    photo (39).jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 6
Well AF showed up a day early :( oh well I won't be trying until the fall again. I have to have surgery on my belly button due to a umbilical hernia. I'm super nervous about it. Plus I have to wait because I am in my cousins wedding in June and don't want to be due then.

Thanks Darlin! I am so excited to try these! How cute is that idea! AF showed for me too, OH and I have decoded to wait because of the stress its been causing and just focus on everything else in our lives, but who knows if ill change my mind in a few days :/

af showed for me on cd 22! :wacko: i started agnus castus though and ive read it can cause an early af for first cycle while it sorts out your hormones lol so it looks like its working i suppose. im hoping it means i ovulate sooner rather than later and i get a april baby.. last cycle before my brothers wedding!

me and oh have decided to ntnp as im not working its too stressful to plan bd etc.. but i was thinking of taking some opks though just so i know when and if im ovulating.. would that be mean/wrong?

Well. If its too stressful to plan when to bd and you take an opk and get a positive then you'd have to plan to bd asap!!!! :)

when i first created this thread hubby and i felt the same, we wanted to ntnp to take away all thhe stress and just bd whenever.....but i did cheat and take an opk here and there :blush:
if i did get a pos opk i put something really sexy on and crossed my fingers he would do me :haha:

If it were me, id take an opk...its really does help pinpointing O

Kristie: hows pregnancy goin??? Haven't heard from you in awhile! Hopefully that scare you had hasn't bothered you since then!
I'm feelin quite tired lately....only 8 wks left for me! Can't wait to meet the last member of our family!...thats the plan at least :haha: probably gonna go on bc

i think if i get chance to buy some opks ill get some, if i dont i wont bother and let nature take its course!

Hey ladies. How is everyone doing? Hope your all well.
I just got back from a camping trip yesterday so been exhausted. AF decided to show the night before I left(6th) and went away on the 10th. I was going to buy a bbt to use for this cycle before I left for the trip, but didn't have the money at the time and was way to busy on the trip to chart, so this cycle is going to be pretty laid back and not stressful. I do have some left over cheapie opks from last cycle but don't know if I will use them, maybe just when ovulation days come up since my apps are saying different days. One app says I'll ovulate on the 21st and the other is saying the 24th but still hesitant on using them since last cycle I just stressed myself out over them. If I don't feel confident in this tww I will but my bbt, some clear blue opks, and maybe pre-seed but hoping this will be the month so keep your fx'd.
My husband broke the laptop so I'm on my tablet but my ticker is wrong so I'm hoping I can figure out how to fix it on the tablet without messing it all up lol

im having weird cycles here so not happy i got af on 14th of june and i spotted on and off til i had another period on july 3/4 and im still fecking spotting :( whats going on!

Maybe the stuff you are taking is causing things to be wacky...are you ovulating at all? Hope you get your cycles back on track soon!

Hello hello ladies how have you all been wow army not to long to go for you now where has that time fone?? Hubby really wanted to try hard this month so im temping and using opks , I dont think I ovulated last cycle and with this cycle im having a really long surge and a very painfull ovulation so baf that my abdomen is tender to sore to bd :( everything feels sore and swolen ?? My opk yesterday was soooo positive the control line hardly came up so hence why I think im ovulationg at the moment. If it doesnt work rhis month im off for quite major shoulder surgery :(

I'm not sure if I ovulated or not yet but we aren't trying this cycle. I'm actually ok with it. Logan is starting to walk and he's so fun I think he will be keeping me busy enough. I've also started sewing and crafting again so it helps to have some hobbies. I'm also not on BnB all the time which is the biggest help of all I think :haha:

Wow army look at you 8 weeks to go!! Time is flying by I am already at 18 and feel like it was only a few weeks ago I found out!
Fx for you d1 that this is your month don't you just wish for a few months your cycle would be normal! It use to drive me insane!!! Thankfully this is our last one so I won't ever have to worry about cycles again lol. How many is everyone else planning on?
Darlin that's great you have found things to keep yourself busy ttc or ntnp can become such an obsessive thing!
Pretty much all my morning sickness has gone now and my second tri energy has kicked in so I have been spring cleaning the house selling stuff we don't need sorting out the 2 kiddies rooms I feel so much better!! I tried to sit down on the couch yesterday and have a lady afternoon I lasted 10 minutes then had to get up and clean something lol.

D1: i've had some months like that too when ovulating and sex was painful..hopefully it means things are super ferile down there :spermy:

Darlin: do you think you'll start trying or ntnp again soon?

Kristie!!!!! Long time no see!! I posted a post for you awhile back , i've been wondering how you are!!
glad to hear that scare you had is gone! This is the last child for us too...i'm happy ill be able to get my old body back hopefully and just enjoy the boys and watch them grow up :D

I know it has been a while I went through a really horrible depressed stage and kinda shut alot out of my life but talked to some people about it all and with the ms gone I feel like a new person, I think hormones being so sick things being really bad with hubby all rolled into one sent me into some deep depression I wouldn't go out of the house I wouldn't do anything for my son I didn't do any house work or even cook and I couldn't eat :( it sucked and I am so glad it is over!!! I am also really looking forward to getting my body back! It is crazy I think because I only stopped breastfeeding a few months ago my milk is already starting to come in my boobs are starting to get really swollen and I am leaking colostrum which is a good thing at least I know there will be plenty there for baby but oh my god my nipples and boobs are killing me lol.

I went through that a long time ago too Kristie but I wasn't pregnant when it happened. Glad you got it sorted :hugs:

Army: No I don't think we will be trying anytime soon. We sat and seriously talked about it and I don't think I could properly care for two. With my anxiety I think that it would be really hard on me. I wouldn't get the breaks during nap time like I do now and I couldn't just hand them both off to DH if it gets to be too much. It would also be hard for me to balance my attention between them both along with all the necessary things that would need done too. I think I am realizing how nice it is with just the one since he is getting older. I am able to do so much more without dotting on him 24/7. For example I started sewing. He can play in the living room while I sit at my sewing machine in the dining room. Our living room, kitchen and dining area is one big open area. It's really nice actually. Plus as he gets older g we've realized going out is harder because he is a wiggle worm that wants to get down and explore and I just couldn't deal with two while we are out. We are going to focus on us, date nights, family weekend getaways and remodeling the house.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->