Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

my pessary leaked the 1st night, but yesterday the doc told me to put it in rectally and i had no leakage. i dont think it makes a difference where you put it.

last night we were laughing so much trying to do it rectally, DH had to do it, it wasnt as bd as i thought

How lovely of dh to do all that for you.. thats brill you have the next few weeks off.

ill be going back to work week after next

i have been watching tele all day as well. its been brill. only time i got up was to go to the loo..lol

soon time for all the soapd. How sad am i?

Dear love you.. after my ec they put my pain relief in my rectum cos of the bleed. I was mortified... then I just thought who cares!!!!!!

Just thought to myself better get used to all this invasion cos in nine months there wont be any dignity in giving birth!! LOL!! Plus was on phone to a friend last night who was talking about my tight cervix while her hub was trying to eat his tea. Poor thing got up and left the room!!! :haha:

Tonight is great night for the soaps... Emmerdale, Corry and enders, two hours worth. Brill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enjoy :thumbup:

i didnt get to watch any soaps ..i fell asleep at 7.45!!!!!!!!!!
what i waste. Oh well ill have to watch the omnibus!
your are right about the invasion thing!
when the catheter was going in, it was really hurting and i thought MAN!! what will child birth be like

when the catheter was going in, it was really hurting and i thought MAN!! what will child birth be like

Great minds think alike!! LOL!!!
I think I'll order my epidural well in advance!!!!! :haha:

PS Was falling asleep at 7:45 why you were on the internet at 3:00 am??? LOL x

Hi girls, just popping in to spread some :dust: for all of you PUPO ladies in your 2WW.

Oh, the indignity that we women have to go through to have children!

Muncho - Re. progesterone - did the doc give you a method to insert? I haven't had IVF before, but have had suppositories for constipation, (TMI alert) and the doc told be to just put it on the entrance of the anus whilst half squatting. Then you slightly stand up (just ever so slightly) and the anus muscle contraction automatically pulls it in. Not sure if it would be the same with these tabs, cos not sure if they're the same size as my laxatives... :blush:

Sorry to pollute this thread with talk of anus muscles... I'm embarrassed just reading it! The stuff we have to do!!! :haha:

Peratree don't worry, you're not polluting the thread at all. That may be very useful info for some of us ladies. If it helps one person it's all worthwhile. I love how you put TMI alert, I'll remember that one for future posts LOL!! X

Thanks for your baby dust :hugs:

Great minds think alike!! LOL!!!
I think I'll order my epidural well in advance!!!!! :haha:

PS Was falling asleep at 7:45 why you were on the internet at 3:00 am??? LOL x

yes i fell asleep and woke up at 3am then went back to sleep.
Just had anothe rgood hours sleep
JOJO this life is FAB!!!

how you feeling today?

Im still spotting a little but thats it. OH YES i went to the loo this morning...i thought of you...so sorry. Im not weird.....really im not..

Hi girls, just popping in to spread some :dust: for all of you PUPO ladies in your 2WW.

Oh, the indignity that we women have to go through to have children!

Muncho - Re. progesterone - did the doc give you a method to insert? I haven't had IVF before, but have had suppositories for constipation, (TMI alert) and the doc told be to just put it on the entrance of the anus whilst half squatting. Then you slightly stand up (just ever so slightly) and the anus muscle contraction automatically pulls it in. Not sure if it would be the same with these tabs, cos not sure if they're the same size as my laxatives... :blush:

Sorry to pollute this thread with talk of anus muscles... I'm embarrassed just reading it! The stuff we have to do!!! :haha:
You are not polluting this thread...
have you heard from banter about the 'loo'??

anywya the doc said to insert it vaginally but on day of ET i was bleeding a little. It turns out there was a blood clot from EC, so she told me to do it rectally.

Its better rectally because you dont leak. Although it takes me and Dha bout 10 mins to prepare ourselves for it!! It really doesnt hurt or anything.
Rectally is exactly how you decsribe it....lucky you havign to look forward to that.
Its my 1st IVF as well , hopefully last !

Oh Muncho I laughed so hard at your post about the 'loo'!!!!! How funny!! I'm glad you went LOL!!!!

I still have tenderness in my left side, the one that bothered me during injections. No pain on the right side at all. I'm not taking any pain killers, would rather not.

Apart from that I feel great. Got up, showered and a face on this morn so feel more me. Need to get the dh a valentines card and the mother in law a birthday pres, her birthday is tomorrow. So gonna venture out for just a little while and then return to the sofa or some more boredom :wacko:

back again
well we had our appointment , despite the weathers best efforts at stopping us-drove for 2. hr journey whch should have only taken 1 hr and then the clinic threatened to change appointment as the receptionist siad the doc was leavingt o go home because of the bad weather. I think i must have sounded a little hystericial when i ' politely' stated i had travelled from NI driven for hours in the snow, booked a hotel, takin time of work and was staying until i say the doc' Said doc then appeared and showed no sign of hurrying us so we recon it was the receptionist wanting home!! doc was very nice , explained everything looked at bloods etc and recommended icsi-which threw me a little but he said it was the best option given my age, possible tough exterior on eggs and partners lower than perfect mobility-although the fs here said there was nothing in his results stopping pg just slightly reduced
Firstly i thought he was just looking for more money but i suppose they would be ethical about that-would't they??
it will be short protocol-take tabs from ov date then injections 2 wk later then scanned for 2-10 days then egg collection
should be starting bout 10 days at next period but have a prob-partner has work commentments he can't get out of for a few days end of feb and march ans they might clash with needing his sample for egg collection and its not as if he can just nip over to sheffield and back in 1 hour so should we delay 1 or two months til his schedule is clear-so confused?? my head is spinning and have been crying for 2 days no idea why as its all happening?
sorry for such a long post x
hi i have just had my egg colection the got 14 eggs 3 have survived get 1 or 2 put bk monday :flower:

Since my ET I've been wondering what my little embie should be doing inside. So as per all my queries I decided to google it and this is what I found (for day 3 ET only, day 5 is different):

1dpt (day past transfer) ..embryo is growing and developing
2dpt... Embryo is now a blastocyst
3dpt....Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
4dpt.. Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
5dpt.. Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
6dpt.. Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
7dpt.. Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
8dpt...Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
9dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
10dpt...More HCG is produced as fetus develops
11dpt...HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

thats really interesting JOJO
i found a few videos this morning on the developing embryo.
i think today i must be 3dpt since i had 2 day transfer.

Spotting has completely stopped and am feeling back to normal. Even thou thats good i kinda want to feel 'something' . I know thats stupid coz im not going to feel anything.

i wish there was a way of knowing if implantation has happened (ie on the day), come on scientists, why havent you got a solution for this..

jojo how are you today, did you have a nice day yesterday?

Spotting has completely stopped and am feeling back to normal. Even thou thats good i kinda want to feel 'something' . I know thats stupid coz im not going to feel anything.

i wish there was a way of knowing if implantation has happened (ie on the day), come on scientists, why havent you got a solution for this..

Muncho, I feel exactly the same. I feel normal again, the pain in my side is away. Which in one way is great but like yourself I said to the hub I want to feel something!!!!!!!!
So not stupid at all, cos I was thinking exactly the same thing. I ended up not venturing far at all. We just went to our local newsagents to get a wee gift. I still had the pain in my side so just came back home and went under the duvet again!!! Didn't feel too well last night at all. Just didn't feel right, prob just the end to a hectic week really. How are you feeling?

I keep thinking about Mrs R, hope she got on ok :hugs:

Muncho, I feel exactly the same. I feel normal again, the pain in my side is away. Which in one way is great but like yourself I said to the hub I want to feel something!!!!!!!!
So not stupid at all, cos I was thinking exactly the same thing. I ended up not venturing far at all. We just went to our local newsagents to get a wee gift. I still had the pain in my side so just came back home and went under the duvet again!!! Didn't feel too well last night at all. Just didn't feel right, prob just the end to a hectic week really. How are you feeling?

I keep thinking about Mrs R, hope she got on ok :hugs:

Did Mrs R go for a scan? memory is crap, ill have a look at the posts again. Didnt she have a good count or am i getting confused...its my pregnany brain.........LOL how funny. Please please let it be.

Oh im so glad you feel the same. Parents and sis just came over for lunch so i was down stairs for a few hours. Mum just bought me some food for the next few days..yipppee!

Overall i feel so much better than a few weeks ago, i was so stressed with the whole follicle thing, so i have been sleeping well and have been very relaxed.
What is this pain in your back?

TMI alert, had the runs today. Def due to the prog being given rectally, will have to change to vaginally tonight :(

brookyln did you feel the same as we do?

I said something silly earlier on, said to the hub it was my pregnancy fog!!! LOL!!
Not too sure what that pain was, just think it was that blinkin left overy still healing. But much better today.

Mrs R was having ec around Tues or Wed and et yesterday. She has maybe had to wait a while before flying home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->