Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

I am due for bloodwork on Wednesday to find out if the procedure was a success, but I am not feeling anything other than a very very mild sensation on my right lower ab around 8 to 9 days past ET. I felt it again after walking too much. Judging by my regular cycle, I should have started my period yesterday. But then, I am taking progesterone gel. Don't want to sound pesimistic but AF is probably coming as I am starting to break out around my chin. No cramps whatsoever. The next 3 days seem so far away.

I miss you guys too! It's really not the same over in first tri, I feel like a fish out of water over there. Seems that a lot of people either joined after getting their bfp or didn't try for long before getting it.

I'm doing OK- I got a cold this week which I know is not supposed to affect the baby, but all of my sneezing, coughing, etc is making me nervous. Also so hard not to take any medication at all. Other than that, I'm ok. My first scan is on Wednesday!

Millana, don't give up home yet. The things that our body does when pregnant are so similar to AF symptoms- there are so many hormones swirling around. I've got my fingers crossed for you!

I totally agree with Brooklyn!! Honestly Millana I was coninced AF was coming and she stayed away. My face still has the odd break out and I'm six weeks tomorrow. The fact your period is late is a good sign :thumbup:

Brooklyn- how exciting!!!!! :happydance: Your scan is in two days!!!! Thats great!! Eleven days for me. I am just desperate to know that I'm really pregnant and that everything is ok!!

Mrs R where are you????? :hugs:

Trying hope you're ok :hugs:

I'm here!!! Just having a wee breather to try and get my head round things. I'm still terrified every time I go to the loo lol

Brooklyn I can't believe how far on you are already! Bet is seems like a million years for you though

Jojo, my scan is also 19th March! Got a phone call last week and they actually offered me one for 10th, which is 2 days away. I told them I would only be 5+5 then and the next one they came up with was 19th, which will actually be 7 weeks for me, not 6. At least I have it to look forward to. I'm like you, I just want to see something on the screen before I'll really believe it!

I am due for bloodwork on Wednesday to find out if the procedure was a success, but I am not feeling anything other than a very very mild sensation on my right lower ab around 8 to 9 days past ET. I felt it again after walking too much. Judging by my regular cycle, I should have started my period yesterday. But then, I am taking progesterone gel. Don't want to sound pesimistic but AF is probably coming as I am starting to break out around my chin. No cramps whatsoever. The next 3 days seem so far away.

Good luck for your BFP. No sign of AF is definately a good sign, stay positive :flower:

Ladies seems me and the dh are back to going through hell. Ended up in casualty last night cos I started to spot. Now it really is very little but am now even more terrified than ever.

They did a pregnancy test first and the positive was immediate. Then they did a scan and the pregnancy sac and yolk sac were both there and a great size for six weeks. Saw the baby and a tiny flicker, it was so tiny. Just like a little bean.

Am now off work again to rest up. I just hope and pray that everything is ok. Haven't had any spotting today. As if the worry of going to the loo wasn't bad enough before.

Anyone know of ladies who had very light spotting and everthing was ok?

Hi JojoD,

I hope you're OK you must have been terrified! I'm due to start ICSI in April and I'm terrified that if I was successful that I may MC and after all this stress and heartache that would be just terrible.

I'm glad your scan was ok and that you've stopped spotting. If it helps my friend bleed quite a lot during the first 16 weeks and it was a worrying time but she was told a lot of ladies spot or bleed during this time and to try not to worry. She is now near the end of her pregnancy and all is well.

x

Hi JojoD,

I hope you're OK you must have been terrified! I'm due to start ICSI in April and I'm terrified that if I was successful that I may MC and after all this stress and heartache that would be just terrible.

I'm glad your scan was ok and that you've stopped spotting. If it helps my friend bleed quite a lot during the first 16 weeks and it was a worrying time but she was told a lot of ladies spot or bleed during this time and to try not to worry. She is now near the end of her pregnancy and all is well.

x

Thanks MummyIwanabe,
Any success stories after a bleed are great to hear. I thought the TWW was bad, this is even worse. :cry:

Yes it is so traumatic! my friend bled several times and a lot at one stage. TMI but hers was mainly brown stuff and she was told only to be concerned if it was bright red. Having said that it was red at some points too and they checked and said all was ok. I have several friends that have bled quite a bit at different stages and they're all fine.

This ttc is a bumpy road but try and stay calm, its easy to say I know. It's out of your hands so try and rest up and look after yourself as you are doing and that's all you can.

Big hugs :) xx

Hi girls

Is it possible to join the thread, i got my bfp on 28/02, i tested way to early. Its my 2nd Ivf, my 1st ended in a missed mc and im really scared, embryo stopped growing at 5 and half weeks. My clinic are booked with scan appointments and my 1st scan is at 8+1 weeks. Such a long way to go.

Welcome Dilek.

Today is my appointment for first beta. I tested positive last night at 8:30 PM and another positive this morning at 4:00 AM. Will go for the bloodtest today at 10 AM.

Right now, I am very happy and nervous at the same time. I will keep you informed.

Thanks so much for all the support!

Sounds good Millana, from your symptoms I thought it sounds like you were going to get a BFP!

Good luck! xx

Wow, our little thread is revived!
Jojo, I have heard of a lot of people who've had a little spotting in the first tri. Since I've been lurking over in the First Tri section, it seems like every other post is something about spotting. Also, I was looking in my What to Expect book last night (about cramping, which is the symptom that's concerning me), and it said spotting was fine as long as it doesn't become a heavy flow with bad cramping.

Dilek, I've been following your story a bit, and I'm so happy for you! I know it's nervewracking, but it's so exciting that you got your bfp!

Millana, that is fantastic news!!! Good luck with your beta today and let us know how it goes. You did it!

As for me, I'm going for my first scan TODAY and I'm scared but also excited.

Millana congrats on your BFP.

Brooklyn - Cant wait to hear your scan. Did u have really high betas? I remember someone having high betas and maybe twins.

I had 2 betas, 1st one is standard at 16dpo it was 221 and at 19dpo it was 515 i think. I dont work so all i do all day is google and search all day long. What symptoms do u girls have so far? I am so glad my bloating from EC/trigger has gone. Im also on some extra drugs, clexane, aspirin and prednisolone. Are u girls on any of it?

Jojo - is the blood drown or red hun. As Brooklyn said ive heard its quite normal.

Dilek, I think my betas were pretty high, 252 at 15dpo and then 1316 at 19dpo. When I looked it up obsessively, seemed like it could really go either way on the twins things. Lots of people with twins seemed to have much higher betas than mine. Yours are pretty high too, and you had two embryos put back, right?

Yeah mine are on the high side of a singleton. So for me i think i have either a really strong embryo or possibly twins. Either way we would be happy but if its twins and there healthy i would be so grateful. My endo and the effects of it on my fertility are really bad. Then again these betas are so variable. Someone with really low betas can have twins and vice versa.

Dilek and Millana CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! :happydance:

Brooklyn- can't wait to hear the news of your scan!!!!

My spotting, which is minimal. It's only when I wipe and literally tiny dots, it is brown not red at all. It looks like old blood really, but I would get some brown maybe at start or end of my period. I'm wearing a pad but there is nothing on it at all. It really is only a spec when I wipe but scary none the less.

I know I should be reassured after seeing the baby last night but I'm still terrified

I just got the call from my clinic. It is official!! Beta level is 319. I am to return to the clinic for the second one on Friday.

Brooklyn, how's your first scan?
JojoD, I am glad your spotting has eased up.
MummyIwanabe, good luck on your April ICSI. Fingers crossed for you.

Now, off to call hubby for the news!!

Congratulations hun another high Beta.. Wonder how many twins we are going to get in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->