Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

hi ladies,
had my last scan before EC today...EC will be on Wednesday morning! I can't believe it's already here. I'm nervous, but excited to get it done with.

jojo, how did the scan go?

muncho, good luck for yours tomorrow.

lynseyology, I read your husband's journal- really nice that he's so involved and writing about his experiences.

hey Brook, Thats great. HOW EXCITING, hopefully they will recover more than 10. Fingers crossed..
Its all happening this week isnt it?

It is all happening this week for us, isn't it.

I have my scan on Friday and I'm very nervous. But excited at the same time.

Jojo are u actually taking 450iu of Menopur per day then, over 2 separate injections? I'm only taking that dose once a day, but i have PCOS and they're afraid of overstimulating me. It's scary though as last time I had too little and didn't respond enough, I'm terrified of that happening again

MRS R , good luck for friday, how many days have you been stimming?

Brook, still got my fingers crossed for you ..

Had my scan today and it wasnt good news. they saw 1 follicle 12mm on the left and 2 small one son the right. I couldnt stop crying. All the way home i kept thinking , i have done everything , i really wasnt expecting that news.

My lining was good , took a blood test and will get a call later to see if they need to increase meds. another scan on Friday and then make a decision as to what we should do. i am so gutted :(

muncho i don't really know what it means, but i'm assuming you didn't get the news you needed.hopefully they can up your meds and you will get a huge follie xxx i think that's what you want is it xx

hi Gum. yes it basically means i havent reposnded to the drugs so im hoing they will increase the dose . Will find out later

Hi All, I took the day off work today as i am feeling very low today. As the days go on i get worse and my logical brain tells me that IVF was stopped because they didn't get the drugs right and we need to start again but my emotional side tells me "it didn't work, it's never going to work, your body is crap" and I really struggled this morning and was very tearful. I now feel guilty for not going into work. I cannot win! Any tips to get me positive again?

HEY L

its realy hard to be positve , your situation sucks and so does mine. If you would have started you may not have responeded and end up like me.
Your body really needs to be in the best place it can otherwise you will never really know how you respond.
Allow yourself to be upset and feel shit (im at home now) because when you ned your PMA it will come. Its such an emotional journey and you have to take eah day as it comes

i feel like someone has just told me im about to die! Im taking time out to let myslef be upset and hope tomorrow i will feel better.
That probably hasnt helped you so i hope someone can offer something more useful..

HEY L

its realy hard to be positve , your situation sucks and so does mine. If you would have started you may not have responeded and end up like me.
Your body really needs to be in the best place it can otherwise you will never really know how you respond.
Allow yourself to be upset and feel shit (im at home now) because when you ned your PMA it will come. Its such an emotional journey and you have to take eah day as it comes

i feel like someone has just told me im about to die! Im taking time out to let myslef be upset and hope tomorrow i will feel better.
That probably hasnt helped you so i hope someone can offer something more useful..

I'm sorry to hear your news, I know exactly how you feel if that helps you! It is hard when things do not go to plan. I think the hardest thing for me is that I was predicted to be having EC around this time and now I am at least 6 weeks away from that. I feel so self indulgent to be at home. I am a social worker and I feel I am letting down so many people if i don't go in. I am currently working with a pregnant teen and it is sooo hard for me currently. I am professional but this morning I was so tearful I was concerned I would cry. Is your work supportive?

HEY L

I'm sorry to hear your news, I know exactly how you feel if that helps you! It is hard when things do not go to plan. I think the hardest thing for me is that I was predicted to be having EC around this time and now I am at least 6 weeks away from that. I feel so self indulgent to be at home. I am a social worker and I feel I am letting down so many people if i don't go in. I am currently working with a pregnant teen and it is sooo hard for me currently. I am professional but this morning I was so tearful I was concerned I would cry. Is your work supportive?

gosh thats really tough, i see what you mean.
No my job isnt supportive . But i work for a pharmaceutical company as a medicla sales rep. i have to see consultanst and nurses and be all suck upo to people to just so they will see me. i cant be bothered with that today,
Your situation is tough!
Its hard to know what to say to make people feel more positive.
You are a professional but you are also a human being wiht emotions. If your brain was a robot it would be easier x

HEY L

gosh thats really tough, i see what you mean.
No my job isnt supportive . But i work for a pharmaceutical company as a medicla sales rep. i have to see consultanst and nurses and be all suck upo to people to just so they will see me. i cant be bothered with that today,
Your situation is tough!
Its hard to know what to say to make people feel more positive.
You are a professional but you are also a human being wiht emotions. If your brain was a robot it would be easier x

It makes you want to hibernate for a few weeks until it's all over doesn't it? I have always said if we are successful with IVF I will never complain about pregnancy symptoms!

Muncho,

I’m gutted for you. But remember you’re not out yet. My clinic will run with 3 follicles so you still have a chance if they have a growth spurt between now and your next scan. But I also understand your disappointment and uncertainty as I went through the same thing in November and no amount of positive ditties will make you feel better.

Lynseyology,

I know you’re feeling crap so don’t feel guilty at all about taking time off work! I’m also a social worker and I know that people’s worlds fall apart when you take a day off (or so they think!) But all the problems will still be there for you to sort out no matter if u take a week or a day off. I felt so bad after my cycle was cancelled that I took 2 days off and just cried. But I felt so much better for just being able to concentrate on me and for my only worry to be about how I would get off the sofa to get to the shop for my next tonne of chocolate!

Just remember that your doctors have learned a lot about how your body responds to meds, so even though it hasn’t worked this time, it will be helpful for the next try.

I’m currently on 3 times more stims than I was on last cycle and having a scan on Friday to see if that’s helped. It will be day 7 of stims for me. I’m still crapping myself that it might go wrong but fingers crossed they’ve got it right this time.

Thinking of you girls x

Muncho,

I’m gutted for you. But remember you’re not out yet. My clinic will run with 3 follicles so you still have a chance if they have a growth spurt between now and your next scan. But I also understand your disappointment and uncertainty as I went through the same thing in November and no amount of positive ditties will make you feel better.

Lynseyology,

I know you’re feeling crap so don’t feel guilty at all about taking time off work! I’m also a social worker and I know that people’s worlds fall apart when you take a day off (or so they think!) But all the problems will still be there for you to sort out no matter if u take a week or a day off. I felt so bad after my cycle was cancelled that I took 2 days off and just cried. But I felt so much better for just being able to concentrate on me and for my only worry to be about how I would get off the sofa to get to the shop for my next tonne of chocolate!

Just remember that your doctors have learned a lot about how your body responds to meds, so even though it hasn’t worked this time, it will be helpful for the next try.

I’m currently on 3 times more stims than I was on last cycle and having a scan on Friday to see if that’s helped. It will be day 7 of stims for me. I’m still crapping myself that it might go wrong but fingers crossed they’ve got it right this time.

Thinking of you girls x

Mrs R thank you for your kind words. i can understand your nerves. hopefully the high dose will be making lots of follies now. Lots and lots of luck. Im sure you will be as nervous as i was this morning
let us know how you get on xx

Muncho,

I'm in the same postion as you...Went for 10 day scan - 6 follicles, largest were 3 x 10.5. They gave me 2 more days of drugs and I've got a 15.5, 12, 10.5. They're giving me two more days of drugs as they see progress so wont give up on me yet. I was devastated like you the other day... It's not over yet girlie... Hang in there.

Hi guys,
I've finally made the leap and am joining you on this journey after watching for what seems like ages. Doing the long protocol and will start down regging on 24th Feb. Good luck everyone and hopefully their will be some bfp's for lots of us soon xxxx

hi One day, its very exciting for you to be starting soon.
Looking forward to hearing about your progress !

hi ladies, just back from EC, and I'll be brief because I'm really out of it, but wanted to say that it wasn't so bad- didn't feel a thing- and that they retrieved 10 eggs. Tomorrow we'll find out about the fertilization- I hope most of the eggs are healthy. It's a bit nerve wracking because I'm in the unexplained infertility category, so don't know if some problem or issue will become apparent at this stage. I'm hoping all is ok....

So excited for you Brooklyn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

hi ladies, just back from EC, and I'll be brief because I'm really out of it, but wanted to say that it wasn't so bad- didn't feel a thing- and that they retrieved 10 eggs. Tomorrow we'll find out about the fertilization- I hope most of the eggs are healthy. It's a bit nerve wracking because I'm in the unexplained infertility category, so don't know if some problem or issue will become apparent at this stage. I'm hoping all is ok....

Brooklyn that's great. Will really be thinking about you tomorrow. Hope you have a great fertilization rate!!!!
Muncho I'm keeping everything crossed for you. As Mrs R says your clinic will hopefully keep your cycle going and your little follies may have a growth spurt beore your next scan XX
Mrs R- I was on 450 of the menopur for the first two days just. Then down to one jab of 225 every day. Think it was a kick start to things!!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:

The scan on Tues went well but they didn't give me any idea of numbers or size. By tomorrow I'll have had another five days of 225menopur and 4 days of cetrotide. Hopefully tomorrow they'll let me know numbers etc..

Lots of PMA and hugs, support etc to you all it's been a stressful week!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->