Anyone starting IVF Jan/Feb..want to join me

JoJo great news for you..
Brook, look forward to hearing how many fertilise, oh god you will be expecting that call all day!
Kez , thanks for your message but i only have 1 follicle @(

Listen i read on another forum that some people who were like me starting getting CM around day 10 of stimm and once this happened their follies started to grow.
I have had cm yesterday. Has anyone else had this.
DH is ocming with me tomorrow. I have been reallly bad the last 2 days, eating crap, not drinking water. better get back on track today
x

Oh it's so hard to be good when you feel like crap. I know that one all too well! I've been drinking more water than I usually do but that's it.

Jojo, our protocols are very similar, menopur and cetrotide. You seem to be a few days ahead of me tho. Will let you all know how I get on tomorrow x

good luck tomorrow Mrs R, hopefully we will both have good news xx

Thanks muncho, I already popped in to wish you luck in your journal but I'll say it again just to make sure your ovaries hear.... GOOD LUCK MUNCHO!!

Hi girls,

Muncho I think your cm could be a great sign!! Mine started about four to five days ago and its increased in the amount everyday since. I would get some cm most months, that was how I always knew ovulation time but have def had way more with the treatment. So hopefully it's a good sign.

Had scan today, this morning I had about eleven mature follies and about five or six others that could be ready by Monday. Hope this sounds correct but he said something along the lines of two 17s, three 15s, and bout four 11s. Can't remember the other numbers. They did bloods and decided to reduce my dose down to 150 menopur for tomorrow. Next scan is Saturday and I'm not to do my injection that morn. They're gonna decide at the scan what I'll need to take that day. Egg collection is Monday. Met with the embryologist who was much more positive about the hub's SA which made him feel happier and less anxious too

:dust:

PS The friend I mentioned that had two embies put back two weeks ago got a BFP yesterday!!!!

Also wanted to say good luck for tomorrow Mrs R and Muncho. Hope you both get good news

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

XXX

fingers crossed that tomorrow brings good news for muncho and mrs. R. :hugs:

hi jojo, thanks for asking- I did, 9 out of the 10 fertilized! Looks like saturday will be ET.

Hi girls,

Muncho I think your cm could be a great sign!! Mine started about four to five days ago and its increased in the amount everyday since. I would get some cm most months, that was how I always knew ovulation time but have def had way more with the treatment. So hopefully it's a good sign.

Had scan today, this morning I had about eleven mature follies and about five or six others that could be ready by Monday. Hope this sounds correct but he said something along the lines of two 17s, three 15s, and bout four 11s. Can't remember the other numbers. They did bloods and decided to reduce my dose down to 150 menopur for tomorrow. Next scan is Saturday and I'm not to do my injection that morn. They're gonna decide at the scan what I'll need to take that day. Egg collection is Monday. Met with the embryologist who was much more positive about the hub's SA which made him feel happier and less anxious too

:dust:

PS The friend I mentioned that had two embies put back two weeks ago got a BFP yesterday!!!!

Jo jo thats great news, looking forward to hearing about EC. Everything seems to be going in the right direction. how exciting for you ..

Hello everyone :flower:

Think I'll pop myself in here as well if you don't mind. We're about to undergo ICSI for the first time. I start taking Provera to help me bleed on Sunday, and down regging starts on Tuesday. It's nice to see people here who are more or less on the same timescale.

Brooklyn - been stalking this thread for the past couple of weeks - fab news about the embies - 90% is brilliant!

Muncho - Good luck with the scan today - hope they find more follies in there today that were maybe too shy to show themselves last time :hugs:

Best of luck to everyone here (me included :winkwink: )! :dust:

hji ladies

Not great news to report im afraid.
hormones and lining wa good . the 1 follicle had grown to 19mm, there is another one but its very small and they said it will not grow to be a mature egg.
Also the 1 follicle i have may not contain an egg!!!!!!!!!!!!

The doc said its up to us what we decide, we cant bd as the ovary that contains the follicle is blocked so either way we are screwed.

We had already thought about this and we have deicded to continue. If we stop now we have 0% chance ,if we carry on we may have a 1% chance.
So all this money is going on a 1% chance that we get pg.

so here we are , DH is very upset today. i think he has felt it more as he has been with me. Normally he gets a call from me with an update, today its different as he has heard everything the nurse and the doc has said
I got the feeling they thought we were brave but bonkers
At least this way we will know one way or another for sure and we will never look back ans say 'what if'

Mrs R how did your scan go??

P.s welcome peartree, sorry you had to join us :(

I think you're very brave muncho, I hope your bravery pays off. This site has miracle stories everyday about people with one egg or one embryo..... that's all it takes after all. Most people only release one egg every month anyway and they manage to get pg, so why wouldn't you??

My scan actually went really well today. It started off badly as the doctor couldn't find my ovaries with the vaginal probe!! He was so confused as to where they went lol. He told me that since he couldn't see them there must be nothing happening. I almost cried.

He decided to use the scan on my tummy and low and behold, there were both my ovaries sitting right under my skin!! He said their positioning was 'mad' and 'weird' (very medical!) but they had 12 lovely follicles in them! They all measured 12-13 mm which is great for me.

I also had my eostrogen measured and it was 7800 ish. I honestly haven't got a clue what that means, but during my cancelled cycle, it was only 700ish so it's ten times higher than last time!

My doc now wants me to reduce my drugs a little so that I take 2 menopur tomorrow, 3 on Sunday again and so on. Not quite the same as you jojo, but pretty close!

So all in all, a good result but I'm still terrified that it will all go wrong. Have to get scanned again on Monday, so I'll just take each scan at a time and not get ahead of myself

Mrs R thast great news, bit of drama at the beginning thou!
there has to be a drama right!! lol..

when is EC expected? good luck for mOnday..

my EC or rather follicle collection is Tues x

Thanks muncho. The clinic told me they won't schedule EC until my follicles reach at least 18mm so hopefully they can give me an idea of that on Monday.

Muncho I too think you're def doing the right thing. Yes you are brave but not bonkers. I think this whole process has to be a no regrets approach and therefore you have to give whatever you can a go. Let's hope a perfect egg is developing in that follicle. I'm keeping everything I can crossed for you.

Mrs R that's great news. What a difference from your first cycle. Did you come home in bewteen or are you staying until Monday? Our protocols have been very similar indeed!

Peartree welcome along, we are in the middle of our ICSI journey at present.

Hope the weekend brings good developments for us all.
Am going to relax as much as I can this weekend, back to Origin in the morn.
:hugs:

Hi jojo,

Although I'm having treatment in Manchester I'm having my monitoring scans in Belfast as it's far too much work to travel for every scan. I phone and fax the results over to Care and they review my notes and tell me what the next step is. It's a weird set-up, but it works for us.

Hi jojo,

Although I'm having treatment in Manchester I'm having my monitoring scans in Belfast as it's far too much work to travel for every scan. I phone and fax the results over to Care and they review my notes and tell me what the next step is. It's a weird set-up, but it works for us.

Oh that's great. Especially at the mo you're not having to travel back and forward each time. Got a letter on Wed that nearly made me sick!! Was from the Royal, congratulating us on getting to the top of their list and offering treatment in March.

Nearly passed out since we've just payed out a fortune to Origin. Thankfully on a proper read it was the top of the self-funded list and not my NHS offer!!! Think my heart skipped!!!!

Can i ask you guys a question. if you were in my sitaution what would you do?
honest answers please. WE have def amde the right decision but im interested in what other people would have done..
thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->