Anyone TTC #2? Buddies?!

Hi All,

Currently TTC #2 - LO is 8.5 months old! We are still breastfeeding and my period hasn't come back yet, so I'm not sure there's much I can do at this point other than DTD as much as possible lol.

My cycles were crazy out of whack before I got pregnant, but we got lucky and conceived on our 2nd cycle (it was a 55 day cycle, yikes!).

Now we desperately want #2 but I can't bring myself to stop BFing our little one just yet. He's down to 4-5x a day and goes at least 8 hours without eating at night, so I had hopes that my cycle would return, but unsurprisingly it has not yet.

I took a FRER today after getting an evap on a cheapie and saw a very faint line...but then it disappeared! I'm guessing it's a no go and we'll just keep at it.

Nice to meet everyone!

Hey all sorry I missed you all during the weekend. CD 5 for me still... June will be my month I can feel it :) i'm curious if anyone else is trying SMEP!

Welcome to all the new ladies joining! :hi:

I'm looking forward to seeing all your tests! :happydance:

Okay so I took an Target brand test stick this morning and it looks positive...but then I also decided to try a Clear Blue and I got a negative?

Has anyone else had this happen before?

Attachments

• opk6.jpg
    opk6.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 9
Okay so I took an Target brand test stick this morning and it looks positive...but then I also decided to try a Clear Blue and I got a negative?

Are these ovulation tests? Yes I have it happen to me all the time. I used clear blue digital ovulation tests and got a negative at the same time as getting a blaring positive on an ic! I kept testing on both brands and never got a positive on the clear blue so I am guessing it missed my surge. Dunno if that helps but maybe just use one brand. Confusingly enough I have had positives on clearblue before so I was disappointed with that x

that happened to me but then I found out that the target tests line is darker in the negative then other brands. when I got smiley face and +OPK with FRER OPK, I got a much much darker line. maybe that's it?

Thanks :hugs: It sucks but I think it kind of gave me the push I needed to make up my mind if we really wanted to start TTC.
I'm super impatient and I know I couldn't wait until I'm late LOL. Especially since I'm so irregular still I don't really know when it's coming! You have some will power waiting that long! :thumb up:

Isn't that usually how it goes though? You plan for the induction and then baby shows up early? haha. That's what happened for a lot my friends! It's nuts.

I know what you mean! I can't wait to see your announcement and reveal! I'm a huge planner so I have a ton of things pinned for what I would like to do. If I actually end up doing it we'll see haha. :blush:

Even I wasn't sure if it looks positive or not. It's so hard to tell sometimes. I am testing one more time tonight though just to see what it looks like.
So if you have positive tests for a day or so...and then it goes back to negative then you're done ovulating, correct?

Hahah sometimes I have my mind set on us :sex: then I end up falling asleep! I feel so old now that I have a LO :haha: I'm going to try to dtd tonight though!!

I'll be waiting for you to test! I'm so excited for you!! :dust:
You'd better post your test results here lady!!:happydance:

So did you work up the energy to DTD last night?? I wasn't signed in when I read through all the new posts so it didn't show your pictures, I'll have to go back through and look now and see how they're looking! Once you get a positive test or two in a row and then they go back to normal you've had your LH surge which means you will ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours after the positive! Did you figure anything out yet? I know you said one brand was positive and the other wasn't? I think if you got a positive on one I would trust that but idk. I have not ever tested on anything but the super cheap strips. I hate spending money on tests, another reason I wait until AF is late :haha:

So last night I came up with all of these plans for announcements that would be just PERFECT for the time frame if I somehow managed to fall pregnant this cycle. Now I'm just super attached to the idea, even though I know it won't happen the first cycle. Ugh. Trying to do a girl sway makes your chances of conceiving even less than they normally are too :dohh:

I totally know what you mean about being too tired. Last night it got DH and he fell asleep pretty early. Tonight is the last night of holding out, wish me luck! Ha.

Okay SO I took another OPK tonight and the line looks lighter this time?! Wtf?! I'm getting confused! What do you all think??

This happened to me the other night too! I had a decent line in the afternoon then took one in the evening and it was super light, barely there. The next day was when I got my positive. I think what messed me up was the fact that I had drank quite a bit so my pee wasn't very concentrated when I took it. Weird little things like that can make a huge difference!

Also, holy smokes! So many new ladies on here! How awesome!! I usually try to go through and welcome everyone individually but there are way too many for that right now so huge welcome to you all and best of luck this round!! Should we make a separate post just with test dates and results? Is that what you were planning on Ashley?

:dust: to all!

This happened to me the other night too! I had a decent line in the afternoon then took one in the evening and it was super light, barely there. The next day was when I got my positive. I think what messed me up was the fact that I had drank quite a bit so my pee wasn't very concentrated when I took it. Weird little things like that can make a huge difference!

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened too. I'm going to take another Target stick test tonight and see if there's a change.

Should I do another Clear Blue? Or just do it tomorrow?

So did you work up the energy to DTD last night?? I wasn't signed in when I read through all the new posts so it didn't show your pictures, I'll have to go back through and look now and see how they're looking! Once you get a positive test or two in a row and then they go back to normal you've had your LH surge which means you will ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours after the positive! Did you figure anything out yet? I know you said one brand was positive and the other wasn't? I think if you got a positive on one I would trust that but idk. I have not ever tested on anything but the super cheap strips. I hate spending money on tests, another reason I wait until AF is late :haha:

So last night I came up with all of these plans for announcements that would be just PERFECT for the time frame if I somehow managed to fall pregnant this cycle. Now I'm just super attached to the idea, even though I know it won't happen the first cycle. Ugh. Trying to do a girl sway makes your chances of conceiving even less than they normally are too :dohh:

I totally know what you mean about being too tired. Last night it got DH and he fell asleep pretty early. Tonight is the last night of holding out, wish me luck! Ha.

We did DTD last night LOL. My allergies were SO bad but I decided to just do it in case I was ovulating!

I will keep using both tests just to see the results but I think I'm just going to go with the test strips. I'm just hoping that they caught when I ovulated..today's test looks super positive though..

Aw be positive! You never know, you might get your BFP this cycle!

Hahah good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to do it :thumbup::baby:

that happened to me but then I found out that the target tests line is darker in the negative then other brands. when I got smiley face and +OPK with FRER OPK, I got a much much darker line. maybe that's it?

Hm, maybe that is it. I have noticed that the Target line is much darker than a FRER. But it makes it confusing because some of the negatives look really really close to a positive. Todays test looks like a positive to me?

Are these ovulation tests? Yes I have it happen to me all the time. I used clear blue digital ovulation tests and got a negative at the same time as getting a blaring positive on an ic! I kept testing on both brands and never got a positive on the clear blue so I am guessing it missed my surge. Dunno if that helps but maybe just use one brand. Confusingly enough I have had positives on clearblue before so I was disappointed with that x

Yes both are ovulation!

I thought I would try out the Clear blue since I've heard good things about it. I just don't want to be using the Target brand if it's not accurately showing me when I ovulate, you know?

Also, holy smokes! So many new ladies on here! How awesome!! I usually try to go through and welcome everyone individually but there are way too many for that right now so huge welcome to you all and best of luck this round!! Should we make a separate post just with test dates and results? Is that what you were planning on Ashley?

:dust: to all!

Yes that's what I would like to do! I would like to put it in the main post so it's easy to find. But I just want to keep track of everyones testing dates and results!

I'm glad I'm not the only one this happened too. I'm going to take another Target stick test tonight and see if there's a change.

Should I do another Clear Blue? Or just do it tomorrow?

We did DTD last night LOL. My allergies were SO bad but I decided to just do it in case I was ovulating!

I will keep using both tests just to see the results but I think I'm just going to go with the test strips. I'm just hoping that they caught when I ovulated..today's test looks super positive though..

Aw be positive! You never know, you might get your BFP this cycle!

Hahah good luck! I'm sure you'll be able to do it :thumbup::baby:

Yes that's what I would like to do! I would like to put it in the main post so it's easy to find. But I just want to keep track of everyones testing dates and results!

Yeah I would just do another test strip this evening, try to not drink too much beforehand. I definitely think it looks like your test strip from this afternoon looks very positive!! I would just count it as a positive if I were you and know that you will be ovulating very soon!! :happydance: I have never really liked digital tests too much because I feel like it takes a lot more hormone for them to pick up on. Idk that just my opinion though. I think the cheap little strips do a good job because they always pick up on it when I'm noticing all my other O symptoms as well. And I think I got these, 50 strips and like 5 pregnancy tests or something, for like $8. Can't beat that!!

Haha our poor husbands won't know what to do with themselves. Much like my DH doesn't right now. We want a baby so we are game for DTD anytime when it's time! They probably get all pumped up and then O is over so we go back to, eh, when we feel like it. Haha. Good thing you got it in though based on your test today!

I'm not discouraged I just hate letting myself get excited when the chances are rather slim. But you never know! I just thought about how wonderful it would be to announce to everyone at my daughter's birthday party. And the timing would be perfect for that for this month! All the swaying plus the fact that my body kind of sucks sometimes means I'm sure my plan will change a few times! When the timing is right it will happen though, that's all that matters! :)

Where are you thinking about posting a list of testers and everything? I would love to be able to keep up on everyone that way as well! I'm super excited to see some :bfp:s!!

As far as the sway goes, my dr just told me there is a new study out that's been 5 years in the making that now says although it's the man that decides gender, it may actually be the woman who decides which sperm is accepted to the egg.. Certain things may cause a woman's egg to only accept one gender!! Crazy huh?!

I will be excited to see if yalls gender swaying works.. I know on ingender.com I read some nice success stories, I just always wondered if it is all just coincidental.. O well.. Healthy babies to us all!!!!

Nevermind, totally just saw you said main post. I forgot that you can go through and edit your own posts so you could do it on your very first post. :thumbup:

As far as the sway goes, my dr just told me there is a new study out that's been 5 years in the making that now says although it's the man that decides gender, it may actually be the woman who decides which sperm is accepted to the egg.. Certain things may cause a woman's egg to only accept one gender!! Crazy huh?!

I will be excited to see if yalls gender swaying works.. I know on ingender.com I read some nice success stories, I just always wondered if it is all just coincidental.. O well.. Healthy babies to us all!!!!

That's kind of what I had figured research was pointing to with all the information I read during my sway research. Makes total since when you see families who have lots of one gender! A lot of what I've read talks about the PH of a woman's body, how good her nutrition is, amount of exercise, all of those things seem to lower or raise the odds of a specific gender.

I have no idea too how many "sways" are actually sways or just a coincidence too. I really doubt I have any different than 50/50 odds but this way if we get a boy (I have a feeling we will) I can at least know he is totally meant to be and I tried what I could! Healthy is the biggest goal though!!

Yeah I would just do another test strip this evening, try to not drink too much beforehand. I definitely think it looks like your test strip from this afternoon looks very positive!! I would just count it as a positive if I were you and know that you will be ovulating very soon!! :happydance: I have never really liked digital tests too much because I feel like it takes a lot more hormone for them to pick up on. Idk that just my opinion though. I think the cheap little strips do a good job because they always pick up on it when I'm noticing all my other O symptoms as well. And I think I got these, 50 strips and like 5 pregnancy tests or something, for like $8. Can't beat that!!

Haha our poor husbands won't know what to do with themselves. Much like my DH doesn't right now. We want a baby so we are game for DTD anytime when it's time! They probably get all pumped up and then O is over so we go back to, eh, when we feel like it. Haha. Good thing you got it in though based on your test today!

I'm not discouraged I just hate letting myself get excited when the chances are rather slim. But you never know! I just thought about how wonderful it would be to announce to everyone at my daughter's birthday party. And the timing would be perfect for that for this month! All the swaying plus the fact that my body kind of sucks sometimes means I'm sure my plan will change a few times! When the timing is right it will happen though, that's all that matters! :)

Where are you thinking about posting a list of testers and everything? I would love to be able to keep up on everyone that way as well! I'm super excited to see some :bfp:s!!

Yeah, I'll test with the strip tonight and see...based on yesterday and todays test it looks like I'm in my fertile window though. I think I'll just try to ignore the CB test LOL.
Where did you get your cheapie test strips? Just in case I don't get BFP this cycle and have to test again next month. They can get expensive when you get them at the stores :(

Haha my husband is constantly asking if I'm ovulating to make sure he gets an excuse to have :sex: for sure haha :haha:
I know I'm glad we did it just in case I am Oing. I'll probably dtd one more time again tonight to be extra sure.

Exactly! When it's meant to be, it'll happen. BUT being positive will help too. At least I believe that :D I'm super excited to see your test results! I'm going to be on edge until you POAS!

If everyone posts the days they are planning on testing I will create the list on my main post!

What info did you want for the main post Ashley?

I'm cd 34, testing cd36 xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->