April buddies- PAL

August, i am so sorry to hear about your levels. I really hope friday's bloodwork shows a whole new picture. Are you getting any weird side/leg pain that might show a sign of ectopic? I really hope it's not and will pray for better news of friday.

Danamm you started off a bit low but your numbers are sure doubling (actually more than doubling) so lets hope everything is going the right way. Are you getting another bloodtest done?

Hi Aligirl, whereabouts are you in the West Mids? I'm from Wolverhampton :thumbup:

I will definitely be paying for a private scan if NHS don't do one.

I had a couple of days of brown discharge (just when I wiped) last Fri and Sat but it's since gone. Hoping it doesn't come back! My doc was totally unconcerned when I mentioned it, said was very likely old blood from implantation. So hopefully that's all it is for you x

Welcome Pink and Ali :flower:

No, Christina. No weird pains. The thought of an ectopic had never even occurred to me. What is bad is that I won't get my blood work results back until after the ultrasound so we will just have to go into the ultrasound blind.

Using some of the other websites to date the pregnancy, it's possible that I'm only 5 weeks but it still shows closer to 6 weeks. Right now according to the ultrasound I'm only 5w4d. But with the slow rising hcg, it still points to an unhealthy pregnancy right?:cry:

grrrr this is so annoying...going into the ultrasound blind...
I am asking about the weird leg pain because from what i ve heard this is the number one symptom one might notice...
I am no expect and would hate to give you false hopes but i know with my son i was measuring about 1,5 weeks behind for quite some time. Now about the hcg,ok its not rising fast but it's still rising, so it doesnt necessarily mean mc. Here's what i found online
"If normal hCG levels double every 2-3 days, what does it mean if hCG levels are slow to rise?

It is quite possible to have “slow to rise” hCG levels and go on to have a normal pregnancy. Again, you have to keep in mind that hCG levels are just estimates and each pregnancy is different. The actual numbers are not indicators of the probability of pregnancy complications but rather, the direction the numbers are going. Dropping hCG levels usually indicates a problem. Numbers that go rather high for the estimated gestation period can also indicate a problem such as molar pregnancy"
Of course it goes on to add that slow rising might indicate a problem but i guess anything could.
I really hope your scan will show good development. When are you going in for it?

I go in on Monday at 10:30 am. It is a lifetime away!!

A friend (from here on the board) suggested that because my progesterone was low at first that maybe that slowed down the rise of the hcg?

I really don't have any symptoms right now. I stay pretty tired but that may be related to the stress that I'm going through.

I ve read that too but couldnt find it online anywhere. I have no symptoms whatsoever myself and i asked my dr today about it. He said symptoms are very subjective and there are women who wont experience any for a good part of their pregnancy. i dont think lack of symptoms is a negative thing, on the contrary, i'd think that if this was an ectopic then you'd have some sort of pain. A friend of mine who had one about 2 years ago only realised it because the the amount of pain and pressure she felt on her abdomen.

Ali~ welcome. A few of us ladies here have experienced the brown discharge. Mrs. J just had a scan after her spotting, and her bean was perfect. I had it on Sunday and my HCG levels on monday was 28, 806 at 5w3d so Dr. was pleased. I had another draw today, so hoping to see #s increase! I'm thinking they will, as I've been sick and nauseous throughout most of my day! I cried when I saw it on Sunday. It scared me stiff really. I'm sorry you are not getting any "peace of mind" from your Dr. I am so thankful for my Dr. and how she takes good care of me. I wish I heard that from more of you ladies! It's so important at this stage! I'm glad you can get a scan in!

Hi Aligirl, whereabouts are you in the West Mids? I'm from Wolverhampton :thumbup:

I will definitely be paying for a private scan if NHS don't do one.

I had a couple of days of brown discharge (just when I wiped) last Fri and Sat but it's since gone. Hoping it doesn't come back! My doc was totally unconcerned when I mentioned it, said was very likely old blood from implantation. So hopefully that's all it is for you x[/QUOTE

Hi Nat. I'm in Warwickshire - Leamington Spa. I've found a place locally that does private scans. There is also a place in Solihull that I was going to go, but someone told me about the Leamington one which is cheaper and nearer! I can post the link for the Solihull one if that's of any interest to you?

The brown is about once a day - usually in the afternoon. Not enough to be really concerning, but stressful nonetheless! I am hoping that it is just some implantation. :shrug:

Welcome, ladies:flower:

As Dimples said, I had some spotting on Sunday and my scan on Tuesday showed everything was great! And, my spotting wasn't just brown, it was orange! Very strange:wacko:. But my doctor looked around and didn't see any cause for concern, he said it was probably just from my cervix, not my uterus or anywhere near the baby. Of course, when you see ANY spotting, it sends off alarms and can be very scary. I feel better now, for sure, after seeing the HB pounding away! :thumbup: This is our first baby so hearing and seeing the HB was absolutely amazing! The twins we MC never had a HB:cry:

I hope everyone is hanging in there! PAL is very, very hard!! I have not bonded at all with our little peanut, instead I just complain about how awful I feel! :haha:

:hugs:

August, i am so sorry to hear about your levels. I really hope friday's bloodwork shows a whole new picture. Are you getting any weird side/leg pain that might show a sign of ectopic? I really hope it's not and will pray for better news of friday.

Danamm you started off a bit low but your numbers are sure doubling (actually more than doubling) so lets hope everything is going the right way. Are you getting another bloodtest done?

Thanks Christina! I had another blood test.today so we will know more by tomorrow. On a side note I have weird leg pain...should I be concerned?

Christina, I've heard that symptoms "kick" in more in the 6th week and from my scan, I'm not there yet.

Dimples, Those numbers sound great! Fingers crossed for them doubling!

Mrs J, I can only imagine how exciting it was to hear the heart beat!

Dana, I would just pay attention to your body and discuss any concerns with your doctor. It's so hard after a loss to not be overly sensitive to everything. Which can be a good/bad thing.

I have weird leg pains too sometimes, it can just be a side-effect of pregnancy. My symptoms definitley picked up around the 6 week mark, but still come and go. Good luck to everyone with appointments coming up.

Thanks Christina! I had another blood test.today so we will know more by tomorrow. On a side note I have weird leg pain...should I be concerned?

No, not necessarily (omg, i ve started more worries i think :wacko:) I have leg pain but it's def not an ectopic.Especially in the beginning (as if i am way into the pregnancy) i would get alternating leg pain. I think this is just the corpus luteum. But the reason i said that to august is because when you look at signs for an ectopic they say leg pain so since her doc mentioned such a possibility that's why i asked. But as a general symptom, no it's not! It's not unbearable is it?

August and Stanley, believe it or not, i just wish my symptoms would kick in cause i really dont feel pregnant now and i get paranoid about it :wacko:

Mrs J, congrats on hearing the hb, I think the first time stays with you forever! How far along are you? I went in for a scan yesterday at 5w6d and we only saw a sac :cry: Should i be worried?

Chistiana, I would not worry too much. I think it's normal to see a sac only at your stage. It's six weeks when all the magic really starts to happen. And I totally get what you're saying about symptoms! I want them too! Hang tight and keep up a positive mind set!

Also sorry for putting "Christina" before. I guess my eyes just saw what they're used to.

Haha dont worry, christina was actually taken, hense the cut of the r!!!!!!

Hi Ladies :flower:

Hope everyone is ok? I am so glad I have found you group of ladies on here. It is so good to be with ladies around the same stage of pregnancy as me and who have been through what I have and are as nervous as me :wacko:

Aligirl, I think the place I have found may be Solihull but not sure, I'd have to check. It's called MUMS?

I am feeling ok. Am feeling pretty different in this pregnancy already to my previous one, which I am praying is a good sign [-o< I am less bloated this time with less tummy twinges, but am more tired and having some waves of nausea (had absolutely NO tiredness or nausea last time). Also already getting up to pee at night and peeing a fair bit in the day too, particularly in the mornings :wacko:

x

Aligirl, I think the place I have found may be Solihull but not sure, I'd have to check. It's called MUMS

Yes - that's the place. I was booked to go there, and they sounded really nice on the phone. Someone else told me about this place in Leamington though which is just around the corner from my house, so I've changed to go there instead. A friend of mine went to MUMs though and recommended it.

I don't really have any symptoms either. I do get quite tired, and am sleeping really well at night. I also wake up pretty much every day at 4am desperate to pee! No real nausea though, and haven't gone of any food yet. Last pregnancy my boobs were really sore, but they're not so much this time. Who knows what it all means!! :shrug:

One of my friends has been to MUMS too and said they are good, so think I will go with them (unless NHS obliges for free of course :haha:) Did you get an appointment quite soon with them when you booked?

My boobs are doing a big fat NOTHING! Absolutely no sign of me being pregnant with them. They were a bit itchy at first but this has died down now. They didn't do much last time though, think mine just aren't that responsive to hormones :haha:

x

Nat, Aligirl, i was wondering the exact same thing...i thought my boobs would have gotten sore or something by now but nope, they are as quiet as ever!!!I even told my dr about it yesterday!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->