April Due Dates! Let's Labour Watch

haha me 3 ladies! i am so over it that i am actually considering requesting an induction at my next appointment this week. my doc did say that we would start discussing induction anyways if i have'nt had her by May 3rd. but im praying she comes in the next few seconds!

bumble b- congrats :happydance:

Induction terrifies me too, but I'm at the point now where if that will make it end quicker I'm fine with it. It puts a damper on the whole thing, I was so excited leading up to the birth with my son but this time it's hard being excited for anything being overdue! X

Totally, its like someone waves a magic wand on your due date and you suddenly go from being excited and happy to being completely miserable!

Yep :( my midwife hasn't even written my appointment time in for tomorrow, didn't give me a pee sample thing either as we where pretty sure I wouldn't be going to it arghhh! I hope this sweep does more than just loosing abit of plug x

Aw I'm sorry that our babies aren't playing ball and we are all fed up, I had a bad day yesterday as I was so uncomfortable and my acid reflux wouldn't bugger off. I'm feeling a little better today but just want my little girl to arrive NOW!!!

:( still here no signs at all, Sweep is officially today as it's now 2am and I can't sleep yet again. Hopefully I'll get booked for an induction today. Hope everyone's doing ok. X

offcially 1 day overdue with no signs on this end eitther. i dont know why my doc has'nt given me a sweep i even requested one around 38 weeks and he just didnt do it. what the hell is wrong with him?

missRhead- hope u get what you want at your appt. whether its a sweep, good news about progress, or induction planning. i actually hope you spontaneously go into labor as i type this as i am hoping the same for myself.

ladies, how are we gonna get these overdue babies out? :haha:

Just realized I hadn't yet updated on this thread. I had my induction and after 16 hours, give or take I had my beautiful baby girl, who suprised us with a head FULL of hair! I am completely in love! I ended up needing the help of forceps, as her cord was short, she was face up, and I was exausted and was in extream pain from back labor. It's been just over a week, and I've already started thinking about my next one :wacko: funny how fast you can forget the pain after baby is in your arms.

She has taken beautifully to BF, and is a wonderful baby at night, giving me 4 hours or more between waking up to feed. I've already started pumping however, because my body seems to think I should be feeding a calf and not a baby, but I am loving the fact that DH can give her a bottle now and then and let the two of them bond.

For those of you still pregnant, I am still stalking this thread, as even though I didn't post much, I read almost daily, and I'm so excited to see your birth story's and announcements. Also pictures from those who post them. Funny even though I have my own baby to cuddle and watch for hours and hours, I just love pictures of new babies! Good luck mommy's!

Congrats paintrider! :D

ALiKO I had wished the same but nope, still here lol. I got my sweep at 40+2, here I don't think they do them untill your 40 weeks and over so you may have more luck asking now? That was my first internal with this pregnancy anyway. I lost so,e plug on the day after but unfortunately that was all :( I so hope today's is more effective. I just don't understand why my body won't just do it this time, I started having contractions with DA on my due date, it knows what to do!!!! Lol x

Morning girls, I'm still hanging on. I've been having contractions since 7:30 last night. They started at 10 minutes apart and by 2am they were coming every couple of minutes and really painful so I went to the hospital....only to find I was only 1cm dilated! :dohh::dohh:

The girls at the hospital were really nice and let me stay as long as I wanted to try and get things moving using birthing ball and having a lavender bath but by 5am they had slowed down to 5 minutes apart so they suggested I go home and get some rest.

They're still coming now, still very painful but much less frequent.

My body sucks. The same thing happened with DD, she took 3 days to come :(

Good luck!! Sounds promising though I hope things move along quickly for you x

Good luck!! Sounds promising though I hope things move along quickly for you x

Thanks hun, I think they'll be anything but quick though, given my track record :( my body is good at making babies but hopeless at getting them out! :dohh:

When's your next sweep again? x

Aww I had such a long early labour with my first it went on for days, it leaves you exhausted doesn't it :( I'll keep stalking for your update!!
Well I just rang up to check as my midwife hadn't written down the time in my book, they said I'm booked in at 3, but I swear they finish the clinics at 12 their. If I go and theirs nobody their I will litterally just go to the hospital and demand they do it their lol. Having a tough day again today, I'm in a real rubbish mood my DS is so hyped up but I just can't face leaving the house :( x

Still going :( it's awful, yeah. I truly believed I would have a normal labour this time but it wasn't meant to be.

Ha ha I would be braying on the door of the clinic! I hope you get in to see them OK x

Aww I had such a long early labour with my first it went on for days, it leaves you exhausted doesn't it :( I'll keep stalking for your update!!
Well I just rang up to check as my midwife hadn't written down the time in my book, they said I'm booked in at 3, but I swear they finish the clinics at 12 their. If I go and theirs nobody their I will litterally just go to the hospital and demand they do it their lol. Having a tough day again today, I'm in a real rubbish mood my DS is so hyped up but I just can't face leaving the house :( x

We are snuggled on the sofa today too. We have no reason to go out and not going out means no spending money on junk! We are moving 22nd so may start packing a few boxes. DD is led here with me and bump watching CBeebies.. oh how mister maker annoys me.. then if i dont watch it with her and get my phone out she asks me every 2 minutes 'muuuum what dooing?'.
Might go out for a walk around the block later give her some fresh air. No signs so no hope of nothing today. 2 days to go until MW. Feeling really deflated and not excited at all. Didnt want to be induced again.. it is what i have been dreading. :( x

We are snuggled on the sofa today too. We have no reason to go out and not going out means no spending money on junk! We are moving 22nd so may start packing a few boxes. DD is led here with me and bump watching CBeebies.. oh how mister maker annoys me.. then if i dont watch it with her and get my phone out she asks me every 2 minutes 'muuuum what dooing?'.
Might go out for a walk around the block later give her some fresh air. No signs so no hope of nothing today. 2 days to go until MW. Feeling really deflated and not excited at all. Didnt want to be induced again.. it is what i have been dreading. :( x

Ah bless her, my DS is just making an absolute mess, he has every single toy out and has no intention of putting anything away lol. He goes back to pre school tomorrow and I've just had a text from his dad saying he will be on a ferry home tomorrow night, just what I didn't need while I'm feeling like this, but on the other hand will be a help and keep LO occupied.
Oh I hope something happens for you before your appointment, when will they induce you? X

Just had my second sweep, it was a different midwife and it hurt SO bad, i didnt feel the first one compared to this, their was blood when she had finished and im feeling really achey and horrible now i so so so hope this works, they booked my induction in for Saturday at 9am, and shes coming to my house on friday morning to do another sweep if this doesn't work. x

Blood is a good sign and so is being crampy, that's how I was after my sweep, started having contractions that night and baby was born the next day! Good luck!

Yay! Thats how i was as well. Never felt the first sweep and the 2nd worked wonders. Not sure when they will book me in for my induction yet will find out Wednesday. Im going to be stalking this thread even more now juat to see if you have had this baby by the morning! :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->