April Showers - April 2023 testing thread

@salamander91 now that’s what you call a dye stealer. Wow! Beautiful test. I got 3 of those clear and simple weeks tests. The first one I took Saturday at 15dpo and the second was yesterday at 19dpo
IMG_3694.jpeg IMG_3702.jpeg
By the instructions it’s showing 4+ weeks now and I’ll be 5 weeks tomorrow. I have one left that i might try next week and see if I can get them darker. But for cheap tests I think they are quite good. Fun to try.
I really want to try my digital but I’m scared of not getting 3+ yet and that’s what I’m waiting for to register with the midwives. My cramping has eased up to what it was and had no more spotting so far so I’m hoping it was all just down to baby getting snug in there. I really couldn’t bare to lose another. Still feel like I’m walking on egg shells tho

@josephine3 im so sorry for af, I need to come and catch up on the may thread, I’m so behind. Will catch up with you properly over there :hugs:

@tdog if you read the instructions for those tests it does actually warn about the hook affect with them, so maybe could have been that your hcg was just too much for it to cope with

@Madcat99 glad to hear your back home but I can see why you’re upset about the hospital telling your in-laws. That should be confidential and they shouldn’t be divulging your information to anyone. Maybe put in a complaint because it’s not on. I’d be angry too.

@Kiwiberry I’m so sorry for what you’re going through at the moment. It’s horrible being stuck in limbo and not knowing what’s going on. I’m in the uk so I’m not sure how things work where you are. Could you not see your doctor about having some bloods done to check your hcg levels. I hope you get some answers asap.

@Laurabub84 I was thinking maybe the hook affect but it's all fun and experimental at this point :rofl: yours are looking amazing mine qere so faint when got to about 5 weeks I think lol xx

Hi ladies need to catch up on the thread but its alot and im still waiting for af so not in a good place.
Its due today or tomorrow. So horrible knowing your not pregnant and then having a whole week for af. It feels like ive been waiting 3 weeks time has never gone so slow.
Hope cycle 15 will be mine and i get my rainbow bfp.
Im so so scared of more bfns i just cant take them anymore!

@Laurabub84 that line progression is great! I only used it at 20dpo so didn't get to see what it was like earlier. I'm pretty sure the instructions said it was based on conception dates so 4+ means 4 weeks from conception ie 6 weeks from lmp :) I took a digital at 5 weeks yesterday and it was still 2-3 but it wasn't the best hold so I'm not surprised. I have no self control :lol: I only have a few cheapies left now. I'm going to try not to buy anymore lol

Hi ladies need to catch up on the thread but its alot and im still waiting for af so not in a good place.
Its due today or tomorrow. So horrible knowing your not pregnant and then having a whole week for af. It feels like ive been waiting 3 weeks time has never gone so slow.
Hope cycle 15 will be mine and i get my rainbow bfp.
Im so so scared of more bfns i just cant take them anymore!

I hope next cycle is it for you hun xx

haha what a cute lil test thingy you guys have lol.
AFM, still bleeding, still confused, still in limbo........

@Kiwiberry sorry you’re in limbo. As for breastfeeding, i still breastfeed my almost 2 yo and it didn't make a difference for anything. Im in the US and the midwives did a urine and sent me for basic blood to confirm pregnancy after. I never had any other follow up bloodwork done either.
Good Luck

An update on the bleeding for reals lols..... I wrote that last post right after waking up and was still you know...... :hissy:..... :haha:
Anyway, it's lighter, stil some bright red, but now there's brown mixed in there too, watery, vaginal canal is tight, can't fight multiple fingers up there to put a menstrual cup if i wanted to. Still bloated, FMU tests, hints of lines but nothing worth capturing on camera and uploading multiple times to post it here haha (I have to upload 3x to post cuz it's too big from my phone). I haven't checked my cervix, will when I shower today, but I imagine it's still the same as yesterday, we shall see. CM is well just watery, nothing really to tell about it cuz I'm bleeding but the walls feel watery. Sorry if it's tmi for anyone....

Maybe I can get my OH to buy the tests for me, order some bloods from a private lab like other ladies suggested to me. I am going to look around today, tomorrow, and this weekend, then start calling Monday if things don't start going in a more understandable direction lol.

Kiwiberry if your lines are way lighter it might be a early loss. Hope you can get in to be seen somewhere soon.

Kiwiberry if your lines are way lighter it might be a early loss. Hope you can get in to be seen somewhere soon.
It could be, but it could turn out like yesterday where FMU / SMU showed absolutely nothing then in the afternoon bam, bfp. So it's why i'm just testing and waiting before coming to any conclusions.

@salamander91 now that’s what you call a dye stealer. Wow! Beautiful test. I got 3 of those clear and simple weeks tests. The first one I took Saturday at 15dpo and the second was yesterday at 19dpo
View attachment 1115322 View attachment 1115323
By the instructions it’s showing 4+ weeks now and I’ll be 5 weeks tomorrow. I have one left that i might try next week and see if I can get them darker. But for cheap tests I think they are quite good. Fun to try.
I really want to try my digital but I’m scared of not getting 3+ yet and that’s what I’m waiting for to register with the midwives. My cramping has eased up to what it was and had no more spotting so far so I’m hoping it was all just down to baby getting snug in there. I really couldn’t bare to lose another. Still feel like I’m walking on egg shells tho

@josephine3 im so sorry for af, I need to come and catch up on the may thread, I’m so behind. Will catch up with you properly over there :hugs:

@tdog if you read the instructions for those tests it does actually warn about the hook affect with them, so maybe could have been that your hcg was just too much for it to cope with

@Madcat99 glad to hear your back home but I can see why you’re upset about the hospital telling your in-laws. That should be confidential and they shouldn’t be divulging your information to anyone. Maybe put in a complaint because it’s not on. I’d be angry too.

@Kiwiberry I’m so sorry for what you’re going through at the moment. It’s horrible being stuck in limbo and not knowing what’s going on. I’m in the uk so I’m not sure how things work where you are. Could you not see your doctor about having some bloods done to check your hcg levels. I hope you get some answers asap.
so happy for you @Laurabub84 <3
Hopefully I can join you with a beautiful rainbow soon x

I remember you! We were in the same group when I was pregnant with my son! How are you doing? :)
Yes we were. I am doing well. Had another little boy in 2021. Trying for our 3rd but has been alot more difficult. 4 miscarriages and I just lost our little girl Tallulah early February at 17 weeks. This will be our 3rd cycle after the miscarriage trying for number 3. Hoping I have some April luck again.

Im sorry your in limbo @Kiwiberry
It does seem with fainter tests and bleeding id prob say its looking like a early loss. I really hope im wrong tho and all turns out ok. Just being real as wouldn't want to give anyone false hope.
If this is a loss im so sorry. Its so hard. Ive had 3 losses in the 15 cycles of trying and it hurts alot. I did have 4 losses b4 my son tho so dont lose hope. You will end up with your rainbow babe i just know it.

Yes we were. I am doing well. Had another little boy in 2021. Trying for our 3rd but has been alot more difficult. 4 miscarriages and I just lost our little girl Tallulah early February at 17 weeks. This will be our 3rd cycle after the miscarriage trying for number 3. Hoping I have some April luck again.
Oh wow nice!!! I had a lil girl in 2021 as well, and now I am with someone new, the love of my life, TTC his first, kind of in limbo atm but yeah it's too big of a story to go into but you can read back a few pages it tells it all if you like. Good luck, I hope this is your cycle :dust:

Im sorry your in limbo @Kiwiberry
It does seem with fainter tests and bleeding id prob say its looking like a early loss. I really hope im wrong tho and all turns out ok. Just being real as wouldn't want to give anyone false hope.
If this is a loss im so sorry. Its so hard. Ive had 3 losses in the 15 cycles of trying and it hurts alot. I did have 4 losses b4 my son tho so dont lose hope. You will end up with your rainbow babe i just know it.

I've cried over this pregnancy three times now due to the tests getting faint, then they pop back up positive, and I'm just so confused. I am waiting to test around the time I did yesterday to see what I get. I can't resign myself to def saying this is a loss for a 4th time in a row.... so I am just waiting it out now until I know for sure because of how this has been going.

Last edited:
Can any of you ladies who've had early losses go into detail (if comfortable) for me? Did the bleeding get heavy or did it get lighter as it went on? Also, when did the bloating and pregnancy symptoms subside? The only early loss that was even close to this likely one was the one I had 3 years ago before I fell pregnant with my littlest.

I'm sorry to spam so much wanted to update, bleeding has slowed and bloating is still here all symptoms the same except stronger on some of them however, all tests are negative so far today. The positive ones I got yesterday could just be leftover hcg that it detected? I am not sure, either way def don't have high hopes for this one. I have 3 tests left, and just so I don't have to spend more $$ on them, I'm going to take one more tonight, one tomorrow sometime, and then one more the next day. If they're all still negative I'll just assume this bleeding is the start of a new cycle for me and my lo didn't make it this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->