around 40 and TTC#1 (aka: just curious)

Chris I know I have already p.m you but I just want u to know we are always here for you wether u are ttc or not ,love always huni ,please keep in touch ,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

thanks Jax im ok how are you and yes probably (she oak) but am not really thinking about ttc to be honest as christmas is coming quick and im 45 then and have sort of given up but i have only 4 days to af now and well things are as they always are however i have felt really tired today and have slept twice lol but think its more to do with the cold weather now and i have had constipation for 3days and could only go a bit today (sorry tmi) but thats about it really nothing else apart frm a really bad runny nose and the odd feeling of a headache coming but nothing transpires so not sure so will let you know if i get it x

who else is 40/+ and TTC #1?

I get the impression most of the ladies here who are TTC #1 are <40 and the >40 are TTC #2 or more?

me, I´ve just turned 40 (although I still feel 33 :winkwink:) and i´m TTC #1 since sept´10. had a MMC in dec´10.

:kiss:

:flower: Hi I am actually turning 39 in Feb and my first son is 21 so this is almost like my first it has been soooo long!

May I ask if you are using anything as an aid? DH & I have been TTC for 3 months now. This month we are trying pre seed and the soft cup. I got + on OPK last night we will be baby dancing through Tuesday!:happydance:

Best wishes!:hugs:

Hi and welcome midlifemama, lots of women on this site have used softcups and preseed and they have been very successful so good luck.
I am not using any aids other than the prenatal vits and She Oak (australian Bush flower remedy), to relax and de-stress and level out all the hormaones that we need to concieve and well im 45 at christmas and only giving it til then but wish you all the best hun x

good morning despe how are you today xx

Hi hun ,feeling a bit fed up with ttc to be honest ,it's like wotever for me ATM ,I started the fertilaid a week ago and am feeling ok but my mind is just not in it anymore ,it's been too long ,:nope:am not sad about it but it's been a long struggle and we will keep on trying for a bit without the usual obsessiveness but I do actually think I will feel relieved now once it's all over ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hi ladies,

Welcome to the new ladies, i hope your stay here is short and sweet.

To all the other ladies, i am lurking and reading but not posting much. DH and i found out that we were denied for the Compassionate Care program, and we just cant afford to waste $5000 on meds with only a 2% chance of success, and to use donor eggs we would have to pay $25,000 and we really cant do that (You could buy a really nice car for that amount) so we are officialy done TTC, we have no other options to us, so we give up. We got rid of the baby stuff that we had bought, and are attempting to move on and plan a vacation. Its not easy here lately though every where we turn there are babies, heck even today at work in the lunchroom there was a little one and a newborn!! Eventually i guess it will get easier for us, but right now its kind of sad. I am sending hugs to you all, please know i am still here, but for now need to step back for a bit :hugs:

OMM, I don't know what to say, feel like :cry: for you!!! You're both so brave making this decision, sending big hugs back to you, it would be lovely if you are able to stay in touch but if you can't bare it then of course I'll understand. You've been such a kind and generous lady with your words of love, support and advice :flower: xXx

Hi hun ,feeling a bit fed up with ttc to be honest ,it's like wotever for me ATM ,I started the fertilaid a week ago and am feeling ok but my mind is just not in it anymore ,it's been too long ,:nope:am not sad about it but it's been a long struggle and we will keep on trying for a bit without the usual obsessiveness but I do actually think I will feel relieved now once it's all over ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

OMM, my heart goes out to you.

Desperado, I hear you.

I woke up this morning thinking "Would I adopt?" Adoption is a beautiful thing but both I and DH agreed that it wasn't what we wanted to do a yr ago. But apparently I've become so desperate that even subconsciously I'm thinking about it. IVF gives me a 2-3% chance and we're spending $10k. That's obscene. There's no other thing I would invest my time or money on with a paltry 2-3% chance of success.

I rescheduled my ivf consult for Dec 1 to accomodate dh's work trips and I'm hoping for a Dec retrieval and Jan insemination.

I am happy that I finally had my tooth extracted today. It was decayed and according to the dr. the infection had spread throughout my body and the infection had been raging for years. I would never have known if the cap and filling hadn't fallen out. I'm taking the antibiotic (omoxicilyn-sp?) even though it will almost certainly prevent pregnancy as I think the infection may have been one of the things causing infertility (endo+infection). :dohh:

Greetings to everyone!

:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::kiss::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Aww honey we all go through this stage , do you remember me going thru it, and to be honest if your mind is not in it then you are not thinking about it and it will probably work for you. I tried that fertilaid but it buggar'd my cycles up so i stopped taking it a year ago or so all im on now is She Oak 7 drops 3 times a day and pregnacare as i cant be bothered with anything else and the she oak just balances my hormones out that i would need to fall pregnant and keeps me relaxed but i still have the odd fag when my hubby to be is at work and am not giving it up unless i get pregnant coz i dont think i will fall pregnant now but its fun trying and thats all really just like all the sex coz who wouldnt we dont think about the times we do it we just do it when we feel like it now its so much better, try it hun you will feel better about yourself too :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

OMM, my heart goes out to you.

Desperado, I hear you.

I woke up this morning thinking "Would I adopt?" Adoption is a beautiful thing but both I and DH agreed that it wasn't what we wanted to do a yr ago. But apparently I've become so desperate that even subconsciously I'm thinking about it. IVF gives me a 2-3% chance and we're spending $10k. That's obscene. There's no other thing I would invest my time or money on with a paltry 2-3% chance of success.

I rescheduled my ivf consult for Dec 1 to accomodate dh's work trips and I'm hoping for a Dec retrieval and Jan insemination.

I am happy that I finally had my tooth extracted today. It was decayed and according to the dr. the infection had spread throughout my body and the infection had been raging for years. I would never have known if the cap and filling hadn't fallen out. I'm taking the antibiotic (omoxicilyn-sp?) even though it will almost certainly prevent pregnancy as I think the infection may have been one of the things causing infertility (endo+infection). :dohh: ,
Thank goodness u had you tooth extracted then ,and hope by the time your apt comes u will feel much better ,fixed for you ,not even six weeks away :happydance::happydance::happydance:good luck ,:hugs::hugs:

Inkdchick ,wonder would the she oak be ok to take with the fertilaid ,I must say I love your approach :thumbup:my god if this fertilaid messes with my cycle I will go crazy as I have already had three crappy cycles and am hoping this stuff balances them out ,I think this month isnt going to be as aggressive as the usual as I am a bit more wotever ,we will see ,hope u are well lovely ,xxxxxxxxxxxx

Inkdchick ,wonder would the she oak be ok to take with the fertilaid ,I must say I love your approach :thumbup:my god if this fertilaid messes with my cycle I will go crazy as I have already had three crappy cycles and am hoping this stuff balances them out ,I think this month isnt going to be as aggressive as the usual as I am a bit more wotever ,we will see ,hope u are well lovely ,xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hey honey, i used Fertilaid for 3 months, we did an IUI after that and i had the best results ever, we had 12 eggs, 5 of them matured and that was the cycle that we got pg and went 9 weeks with it, if it was not for the stupid doctor refusing to check my progesterone i think we would have a little one now. I thought about going back on Fertilaid, i felt fantastic on that stuff, but now that we have given up TTC whats the point right. I think your going to be just fine with it.

Chris ,Stupid doctor :( ,maybe u could buy the progesterone yourself and start the fertilaid again and u just never know huni ,I'm here for u always ,love t ,:hugs::hugs::hugs:

i cant see why you cant use it with fertilaid what it does is levels out the hormones that we need to fall pregnant and relaxes you completely and it takes lovely like brandy as its preserved in brandy and its the Autralian Bush Flower remedy NOT BACH FLOWER give it a go hun you can buy it from www.baldwins.co.uk its 10.15 pound a bottle 15ml ready to take and you take between 4 and 6 drops under your tongue three times a day i love it and have just had to order more as we are away this time next week in italy for 6 days so didnt want to run out, i have novemeber left to take it and then i have to have december off rest and then take it again jan thats if im not pregnant as it promises pregnancy after 3 onths of continually taking it so whether its this first 3 months or the 2nd set of 3 mnths who knows . and im fine looking forward to getting away although it will be a clean up job when we get there as rome has just had the worst flooding ever ! this last week but hey anything to help my outlaws love them to bits just wished they spoke english as my italian is coming on very slowly although i have just suprised myself but putting a message about a very sad loss of one of the italian moto gp riders this morning who dies on track and put a rest in peace message up on face book in italian so im not too bad at writing it just crap at saying it with my norfolk twang !!!

Hey girls,

OMM massive :hugs: to you, I can understand how having made that decision you want to step back from the boards. It's a very brave decision and one we might all have to make at some point....we're all here for you though, hope you keep in touch.

Jax, Despie and inkdchick :hugs:. Thanks for all the good wishes - missed you girls! Jax - your OH sounds like mine. He says that my little blue sticks are ruling his life :haha:. We managed to BD while we were away but I've had a weird cycle. CBFM was on high and no peaks and FF tells me I probably ov'd on CD #16 but I'm not convinced. Anyway, my temps have gone mad since the GA so I'm concentrating on recuperating and not thinking about TTC till I'm better. The op went really well and I'm pleased with the results but feel so sore and exhausted that I haven't been out of my PJs since I came home.

Constance and Virginia :hi: and welcome! This is a really lovely and supportive thread.

Inkdchick ,thanks for the advice ,wen are u going to Rome ?keekee ,fantastic news ,so relieved for you :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:Constance and virginia ,welcome ,xxxxxx

hey youre welcome honey i just hope it works for all of us that uses it and i ditto despe welcome virginia and constance !

Inkdchick ,hope u are ok huni ,haven't heard from u in a while ,how's everyone else doing?:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hey despie :hugs:.
This thread has gone awfully quiet :shrug:. Where is everyone?
I don't have much to report except to say I'm trying agnus castus this month (apparently good for PMS too!) and CoQ10 along with my prenatals and omega 3. I'm also making a valiant attempt at giving up smoking and have an appointment with the Reproductive and Fertility clinic a week on wednesday.

Still not managed to sit down and discuss TTC with my OH :cry:. Every time I think of starting a conversation something comes up (my OH has family problems at the moment) or he's tired after doing a long shift at work so I'll be going to the clinic on my own. Guess I'm thinking that because of age/medical history that it would be a good idea to get myself checked out anyway. I'm so nervous that they'll tell me I'm perimenopausal though :wacko:...
I should be manifesting PMA!

Hope everyone else is well :hugs:.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back