• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

thanks for the welcome ladies.

I am so glad that I have this week off work giving me time to let it all sink in. 4 weeks today which feels like a bit of a milestone already, I can't believe I've only known for 5 days, it feels like an eternity already! I have been having odd dreams too tho it seems a bit early to link it to being pregnant? I am also immensely bloated but think that could just be xmas over indulgence!

maxxi - I always ask myself if there is any rational reason for feeling how I feel, if not then blame the hormones!! (Its a great get out of jail free card :p )

Hi mars,

I was bloated for ages after egg collection, probably for a good few weeks aftery bfp. At my 6 week scan my ovaries were still very enlarged, you've probably got the same.

Is anyone else constantly hungry? I woke up at 2.30 this morning, lay awake feeling hungry and sick, decided at 3.30 that I needed a biscuit, so I came down and had a biscuit then managed to get straight back to sleep. Then at work I keep feeling sick and hungry so have to keep having toast to tied me over, its ridiculous I'm gonna get so fat!

Thanks Mars. I feel the worst today that I've felt so far. I'm bloated too - and very noticeably so. My appetite increased initially so that didn't help and at my 6w5d scan I was told that my ovaries were still enlarged. Now I try to eat a regular meal and feel sick half way through. I'm sure it's reflux which means that the bloat is getting worse. Yuck!

MrsG - I wake up early in the morning hungry too but I'm too lazy to go downstairs to get something. I feel nauseous after a meal now so I try to eat a little something to see if that will help. Last night I had a piece of a roll and that helped. Today not so much.

I'm either hungry all the time or get full really easily. It depends on the day!

I think I had my first touch of actual morning sickness around 9am today! It could have been a one off... but I'm hoping to see it a few more times. No actual vomiting, but a good bit of gagging!

I am the same way...i have to eat every 2 hours or so but small meals or i will will feel even sicker than i did before. Mandarin oranges are perfect! A little snack that quenches my thirst and puts a little something in my tummy without making me feel ill. Today is my worst day so far for MS.....i cant get outta bed. I feel so sick and dizzy and have gotten sick 3 times so far today. Yuck. I hope tomorrow is better...must work lol

Honestly, all I've done today is sleep. I slept from 2:30am until about 7am. Then, I slept from 12pm till 5pm. Then, I was falling asleep on the couch at 7pm and went to bed until 10pm. That's 14.5 hours of sleep in the last 19.5 hours!!! But, I literally couldn't keep my eyes open.

With the energy I'm having sucked out of me, this baby/these babies better have the strongest heartbeats EVER!

Hi mars,

I was bloated for ages after egg collection, probably for a good few weeks aftery bfp. At my 6 week scan my ovaries were still very enlarged, you've probably got the same.

Is anyone else constantly hungry? I woke up at 2.30 this morning, lay awake feeling hungry and sick, decided at 3.30 that I needed a biscuit, so I came down and had a biscuit then managed to get straight back to sleep. Then at work I keep feeling sick and hungry so have to keep having toast to tied me over, its ridiculous I'm gonna get so fat!

Hi Hun,

Don't worry the eating will settle down after you get to about 11 weeks, I was eating every hour! Now I eat normally and find that I can only manage small portions. xx

I am the same way...i have to eat every 2 hours or so but small meals or i will will feel even sicker than i did before. Mandarin oranges are perfect! A little snack that quenches my thirst and puts a little something in my tummy without making me feel ill. Today is my worst day so far for MS.....i cant get outta bed. I feel so sick and dizzy and have gotten sick 3 times so far today. Yuck. I hope tomorrow is better...must work lol

Funny you should say that about the oranges.... I was eating 3 big bags of satsumas a week! now I can't drink enough milk. xx

Oddly, I can't eat fruit or anything sweet... I can't stand it! :(

Don't worry Hun the first 2 weeks I only eat what I fancied as everything smelt funny lol xx

Don't worry Hun the first 2 weeks I only eat what I fancied as everything smelt funny lol xx

So, maybe after next week I can eat real food again?

I would say so hun, I felt better after a couple of weeks x

Good to know! I'm having a very hard time coming up with anything that sounds good. I can think of things that I COULD eat, but nothing I want. And, looking at sweets is just gross. I used to crave things like cake, donuts, pie, cookies, etc... not now!

OOOhhh I was the same.... Thank goodness the nausea seems to be improving this week....back on the choccies!!! Although lost 3kg with the nausea as just couldn't face much at all, was eating cornflakes and toast most of the time!!!

Mmm... toast! That one still makes me happy!

So, maybe after next week I can eat real food again?

I would say so hun, I felt better after a couple of weeks x

Good to know! I'm having a very hard time coming up with anything that sounds good. I can think of things that I COULD eat, but nothing I want. And, looking at sweets is just gross. I used to crave things like cake, donuts, pie, cookies, etc... not now!

I'm the same way I'm a self confessed chocoholic. I have had soooo much chocolate in my house for two weeks and barely touched any of it. Normally it would be gone. The only sweet things I like right now is fruit but I think it's mostly the juiciness of it. The first two weeks I ate a cinnamon raisin bagel with a bit of butter on it every morning...it really helped. Toast was great too. I think I ate too many bagels though. I have been the same weight since starting IVF and just weighed myself the last two days and I put on 3 lbs. I guess it's from the babies...or extra blood or who knows but it's there.

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES !!!! x x x x

wowsers, sounds like the bubba-hormones are kicking in for everyone and producing some lovely symptoms!!! I totally empathise, MS floored me for a good few weeks, and if i'm honest, they only really went away day before christmas eve. I do find though if i get too tired, or eat "too much" (currently i can only manage a couple of spoonfuls) i feel icky. Megg, i would think for hors about what food would get my appetite back - one day it'd be chocolate milksahke, the next - it'd make my tummy turn!

talking of food - someone commented on how much weight i'd put on last night :growlmad: i was mortified!!!! They had just found out i was pregnant and they asked how far along, i said 15 weeks on monday, and they said "Really?*shocked face* You've put on so much weight already! Mind you, it could level off now" !!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!! i already feel huge as i cant find any clothes to wear. AND, to top it off, i'm hardly eating anyway cos of sicky feelings, and there's very few foods i'm eating......:growlmad:

hmpppf

on a brighter note, it's my birthday tomorrow, and my family have given me some money to go and find some clothes - i'm heading to oxford st :) :) :) Have had a rough time recently with a so-called friend accusing me of crap that my DH is taking me away tonight for a few days.

I wont have internet access for a few days, so ladies, here;s to our year - 2011, the year our dreams came true :) roll on the summer ladies!!!!

ps - i'll update the front page when i get back - welcome mars :) lovely to have you on board x x

MrsF have a great birthday :) mine was a few days ago and I suffered MS all day but still love the fact I'm pregnant so I don't care (most of hte time! lol)

Happy 2011 to all of us x

Happy Birthday and Belated Birthday... as appropriate!

Today seems less than symptom-y again... but whatever. My boobs are still killing me and my nips hurt... I'll take what I can get. I actually had hardly any symptoms with my trigger shot, so I don't know why I'd expect anything so early now. I think I'll be regretting hoping for symptoms by next week! LOL

Thanks ladies x x x :flower: and happy belated abhon x x x

Megg - re the nips - mine are excruciating hun - i've had to buy the nipple gel that you get for breastfeeding :blush: i cant remember the name, but it's pure lanolin (bout £10 over here), you have to warm it up a bit between your fingers first cos it's really hard stuff, and then i place a cotton pad over each one in the bra. It takes about 5-10 mins to soothe, but it is now up there with my handbag checklist - purse, mobile phone, nipple cream & cotton wool pads!!! i've found that constantly readjusting them just makes it worse - i feel your pain gal!!!

right, i'm off to pack. Then it's Topshop maternity stuff tomorrow!!!

See you crazy (and pregnant!) cats later, much love x x x x :flower:

ps - i cant remember if i said hello Yomo!!!!! :) how are you doing bud? much love x x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->