Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

I'm doing weekly pics... definitely. There's already a noticeable change, but I'm sure its bloat. Its just MASSIVE bloat! LOL

I'm so ready to be done with these damn shots... The pessaries don't bother me much... but the shots are killing me. I dread every single night now. There are so many sore spots, and the skin has gotten tougher so they hurt going in. :( I still have several weeks left too!

:hugs: megg, i've heard that the injectable progesterone can be painful - i do remember seeing a thread somewhere on BnB about tips to help reduce the pain x x x

well, a fairly productive day. Managed to compile a list of everything we need for bubs for his first few weeks, including a list on nursery things-to-do. Been quite relaxing and been able to do it in bed on the laptop :thumbup:

still not had my bath, but hey, I ain't going nowhere so who actually cares! x x x

Its not nearly as painful as some people have endured... I'm just getting a bit tired of it. I'm using all the tricks already. But, its worth it!

Sounds like a really productive day! YAY! :) Perhaps you could post the list... in case you thought of things I didn't? LOL

MrsF - I love Lush! I just noticed a Lush store when I was in Manhattan last night. I've only been when I'm overseas or on the west coast. I never remember seeing one in the city. I love the bath bombs.

Mars - Waiting for that first scan is a killer. It'll be here before you know it though.

Megg - I only had to do 3 IM progesterone shots and I was sore for days. :hugs:

Mrs G - My stomach is totally sticking out and I've gained 8 lbs. I'm so not used to carrying around extra weight.

Yesterday I had to tell someone at work about the pregnancy and that I have twins and the response I got was first an eyebrow raise with the look of uh-oh and when I acknowledged the response the person said to me "Well it's early. Anything can happen." Very rude. I am fully aware of all the risks with twins, fully aware that there are a lot of cases where one twin doesn't make it. I am perfectly capable of stressing myself out. I don't need other people helping me.

megg hun, pm me your email address and i'll send it to you! I'm going for budget to begin with as my maternity pay isn't very good and i need all the pennies I can save. There's a few more bits I need to add on my bit of the list, but i was gonna wait til nearer the time to see what's around and what the midwife says x x x

maxxi - :growlmad: i cannot believe how rude some people can be! I am gobsmacked at that reaction, it would've taken me all my strength to not give them a gobful :hugs: x x x when DH and i were in NY walking for hours a day, we called into your Lush and bought a beautiful honey toffee massage bar (Soft Coeur it's called - fantastic :) ) x x x

MrsF - I love Lush! I just noticed a Lush store when I was in Manhattan last night. I've only been when I'm overseas or on the west coast. I never remember seeing one in the city. I love the bath bombs.

Mars - Waiting for that first scan is a killer. It'll be here before you know it though.

Mrs G - My stomach is totally sticking out and I've gained 8 lbs. I'm so not used to carrying around extra weight.

Yesterday I had to tell someone at work about the pregnancy and that I have twins and the response I got was first an eyebrow raise with the look of uh-oh and when I acknowledged the response the person said to me "Well it's early. Anything can happen." Very rude. I am fully aware of all the risks with twins, fully aware that there are a lot of cases where one twin doesn't make it. I am perfectly capable of stressing myself out. I don't need other people helping me.

what a dipsh#t Maxxi! dont worry about her stupid ass comments, who says that??!! I have said this before a lot of WOMEN in general are so gosh darn rude and nosy and opinionated when it comes to pregnancy- just keep your mouth shut and say just congrats. Can you imagine a man saying that to a woman?? it would just never happen so I dont understand why so many women think its okay to let so much garbage flow out of their mouth without thinking.
I have gotten so much unwanted negative advice on my pregnancy already from random women and even friends, I wish they would mind their own business already....agghh, sorry rant over :dohh:
I will say Maxxi for her to say something that incredibly rude and insensitive the first thing that pops to mind is that she is jealous of you, dont let her get you down- your twinnies are both going to make it :hugs:

hope everyone else is well, really busy at work this week and especially today
cheers,

megg hun, pm me your email address and i'll send it to you! I'm going for budget to begin with as my maternity pay isn't very good and i need all the pennies I can save. There's a few more bits I need to add on my bit of the list, but i was gonna wait til nearer the time to see what's around and what the midwife says x x x

maxxi - :growlmad: i cannot believe how rude some people can be! I am gobsmacked at that reaction, it would've taken me all my strength to not give them a gobful :hugs: x x x when DH and i were in NY walking for hours a day, we called into your Lush and bought a beautiful honey toffee massage bar (Soft Coeur it's called - fantastic :) ) x x x

I'll PM you now! Thanks! I'm all about organization! :)

Why on earth would she say that? :cry: That's awful!!!

Also... Why did you only have to take 3 shots? I'm SO jealous!

megg - where the list say "sink" for baby bath, please don't think i mean plonk bubb's in a cold steel sink and turn taps on over him :haha: i;ve just read the list and to the outside, that bit does look dodgy....... i will use a baby bath but when he's a bit older and bigger....ooo, i feel all :blush: now!!!! x

Thanks guys. It was a nasty thing for her to say. Like I said I'm fully aware of what the deal is with twins. No need to remind me.

Megg - I was told to do the progesterone shots on the day after retrieval through the day of transfer. They then switched me to the capsules 4 times a day until my first beta when he dropped my dose to 1 capsule because my progesterone level was high. 3 days after my 1st beta the capsules were dc'd altogether because my progesterone level was continuing to rise. I don't know why they did capsules instead of injections though.

I wish I was only doing the suppositories... I hate these damn shots! But, its almost over... sort of!

I'm sure I'll know what you meant, MrsF! LOL

oh wow, its been ages since I have been on here and I see all my old IUI gals! Mars!! MrsF! (and of course Britt)! Hope everyone on here is doing well.

zeezee! You're one of the IL girls, yeah? Nice to see you, honey! :)

Hey Zee!!!! how are you hon?? was thinking of you the other day, omg I cant believe you are nearly 24 weeks! :happydance: where does the time go. I imagine you have a nice bump now, how have you been feeling?
also did you find out the sex or are you going to wait for a surprise?

I am doing well, fairly easy pregnancy so far, knock on wood. We find out the gender on Feb 7th- so really excited

:hugs:

Hi Zeezee :flower: many congrats to you hun! x x

morning ladies :hugs: well day 3 of bedrest and i'm still contemplating that bath....think i am gonna go for it today - it's easier than a shower and after 2 days in bed i think i might need it...... and that will be my day! might pop some washing in if i can summon the energy, and of course, watch daytime tv - hopefully there'll be some movies on.

what you ladies up to this weekend? I clearly have to live vicariously this week so you must give me mental stimulation by telling me what you're all up to!!!!

much love to you and beans x x x

had the bath, nice bath stuff, scented candles - dog comes in and passes wind...... not the relaxation experience i was hoping for....

Is anyone else feeling a little down in the dumps??? I'm not that tolerable at the minute and things piss me off quite a bit and that bit then lasts for ages!!!!!

Had a run in with OH re his parents again last night, it is the only time we argue, it's seriously worrying me about having an only child, they are so dependent on him as he is an only child and it drives me insane, I see my parents once every couple of months, we have to see his a couple of times a week, our only day off together is a Sunday and thats not every week and I want to do what I feel like, not be tied to going to dinner and then spending all afternoon and evening sat watching telly, it's such a waste of our day off together, is that so bad? He tries to make me feel guilty, saying they are quite old but there is only a years differencve between mine and his, it's just they have a completely different way of life but thats a way of life they have chosen not me.

I don't want to be like that with my child and if I have a boy I don't want his wife feeling the way I feel. Last night I seriously thought that this issue will eventually come between us....... I really hope its just my hormones blowing things out of proportion.

Hope everyone else is feeling perkier than me!!!

had the bath, nice bath stuff, scented candles - dog comes in and passes wind...... not the relaxation experience i was hoping for....

:rofl:
hope you feel better after this weekend hon

Is anyone else feeling a little down in the dumps??? I'm not that tolerable at the minute and things piss me off quite a bit and that bit then lasts for ages!!!!!

Had a run in with OH re his parents again last night, it is the only time we argue, it's seriously worrying me about having an only child, they are so dependent on him as he is an only child and it drives me insane, I see my parents once every couple of months, we have to see his a couple of times a week, our only day off together is a Sunday and thats not every week and I want to do what I feel like, not be tied to going to dinner and then spending all afternoon and evening sat watching telly, it's such a waste of our day off together, is that so bad? He tries to make me feel guilty, saying they are quite old but there is only a years differencve between mine and his, it's just they have a completely different way of life but thats a way of life they have chosen not me.

I don't want to be like that with my child and if I have a boy I don't want his wife feeling the way I feel. Last night I seriously thought that this issue will eventually come between us....... I really hope its just my hormones blowing things out of proportion.

Hope everyone else is feeling perkier than me!!!

I would feel the same way in your position MrsG. I am lucky that my inlaws live a fair distance away but when they come here its chaos...:wacko:
I think that would be hard but I am not sure how you can address it, he definitely has to realize that you and the baby are his top priority and his family now and his parents have to come after that.
I think last night must have been a full moon, I got into an argument with DH too...was awful, we havent really fought since I've been pregnant but luckily we sorted it out by the end of the night

sending you :hugs:

:hugs: mrs-g x x x x you are not alone hun in you down in the dump-ness x x x

i can completely understand you viewpoint, quite similar to DH & me. i see my mum every couple of months, but DH's parents "need" to see him / us about once a week (and he's not an only child). I think the same as you that I don't want to be the mother of a son whose wife resents us :/ hun, your hormones are magnifying things, not creating them, so the issue must be there in the first place

i do hope you can work through it hun, maybe suggest that you reduce the visiting times to once a fortnight as your alone time together is precious now, or that it tires you out. x x x

aw britt :hugs: glad you got things sorted out hun x x x

All of our family is a fair distance away, but my in-laws are horrid to be around. We have nothing to do with them and decided long ago that they wouldn't be a part of our children's lives... We don't want our kids to see us being disrespected constantly and yelled at and whatnot. :(

My family... We see them about once a month, but they're 4 hours away. We're both content with that. :shrug:

In good news... I found a local place that will let me go do my gender scan anytime after 17 weeks... So, my family will be in town and able to go with us to find out at the same time! :yipee:

Aaaaaaaaaand, I found a nice blurb about my MW on her website talking all about her tendency toward natural birth without unnecessary intervention! :happydance: That's very comforting!

I guess I'm in a pretty good mood tonight, actually! Now, if my baby would allow me to like food again, we'd be good to go!

Hey! HERE you are!! I lost this thread completely -- I guess it was moved from first tri to here? So sorry to be out of touch. I'll read through the posts & see what I've missed. I hope you're all happy & healthy! Had 12 wk scan -- dr put me at 13 wks, baby is growing and still alive. Yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->