Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

hey Dilly, I know everyone has a story and that its not always helpful because everyone is different but I know of a lady near me who was given a one in three chance of Downs recently following the NT in combination with bloods and her age etc. She was devastated but the CVS came back clear and the baby is absolutely fine. I just wanted you to know that odds are there to be beaten and yours are really very much in your favour. *hugs*

Good luck to everyone with scans tomorrow, seems to be a few! I'm still counting down the days to mine on Monday, will be great just to see a baby and know that this whole thing hasnt just been in my head! Assuming everything's OK then I am being very lucky with the symptoms, only the odd bout of mild nausea so far although I guess I am sleeping more than normal!

Hope everyone is well, nearly the weekend!! :D

Thanks for all your positive words it has been wonderful to have your support....

Britt so pleased to hear little bub is ok in there....what a worry for you x

Mrs G... apparently the moodiness goes in the 2nd tri and the tears and emotions start flowing!!!! Hope you feel better soon x

Interesting to hear about IVF drugs and hormone levels, I did some research and there does seem to be some evidence that BhCG is raised after IVF.... and that was raised for me... so def put my mind more at rest also spoken to another lovely lady on here who also had the CVS at St Georges and she has put my mind at rest, also said their rate of miscarriage in 1:1000.

Marsmaiden, glad the lady you know is ok... good to hear these stories.... enjoy every minute of your scan next week..... it is so wonderful to see the bub having a great time in there!

Def CVS on Mon at 9.00, so we shall see what that brings xxx

Dilly- you will be in our thoughts and prayers for your CVS on Monday, but I know you will be just fine :hugs:

ladies, good luck and have fun with the upcoming scans, it is truly beautiful to see your baby look like an actual baby now.
Please post pics too so we can have a bo.

I am 17 weeks today, cant believe it and of course last night I felt a bunch of flutters, not sure why I didnt feel it in the last 3 days.
We have our detailed and gender scan on the 7th of Feb, cant wait

:hugs:

Scan for me in less than 24 hours now... not much less, mind you. LOL I'm nervous, because they have to see that "everything is fine" to "release" me to my MW. So, I feel like there's a lot of pressure on this one. It feels like a very important scan. Plus, I have so few symptoms (never got many along the way) that I worry something could happen and I wouldn't notice a change! But, I'm hoping that everything will be fine. My little blob should have tiny arms and legs now! I'll be sure to post pics! :)

Will be thinking of all of you going for scans and Dilly for Monday! This will remain a thread of good news!!! :)

I can't wait to get to the flutters and gender scan bits... *sigh* Time moves SO slowly when you're pregnant... apparently!

oh good luck on your scan Meggs!! I'm sure it will be great.
I never had and still dont have hardly any preggo symptoms, finally considering myself one of the lucky ones instead of worrying about not having anything, but it took a long time! :winkwink: :hugs:

oh good luck on your scan Meggs!! I'm sure it will be great.
I never had and still dont have hardly any preggo symptoms, finally considering myself one of the lucky ones instead of worrying about not having anything, but it took a long time! :winkwink: :hugs:

It actually helps to hear that! I'm trying to consider myself "lucky"... but I'm a little perturbed by it, tbh. I mean, I was SO willing to spend 9 months in utter misery... Why do the ones who don't want symptoms get them and I'm begging for them and getting nothing? They should go to the neurotic girls who NEED those symptoms to stop worrying. But noooooooooo! LOL

Oh, oh... Happy 17 Weeks! :)

Oh Megg......How exciting..... will be thinking of you tomorrow... every scan is amazing and seeing the changes from one to the next is incredible..... you can't believe how much is developing in there... I really felt emotional and so attached to my little bub on Monday.

So glad the little nipper is back to showing you its moves in there Britt.....Happy 17 weeks x

Thank you both for your thoughts x

Dilly - I was told that if the nuchal scan comes back high risk they'll send me for a CVS. If not then it's the amnio in Feb. If you get the CVS you don't need the amnio. Looking forward to a good update from you on Monday.

Britt - I can't believe that you are 17 weeks!

MrsG - welcome to my world of crankiness!

Megg - I don't have too many sxs - tired, cranky, chest bigger and sore and some queasiness and reflux. I'm 11 weeks today so I've given up on getting any real ms. Would have been reassuring at the time if I had some but that ship has pretty much sailed now!

I guess I have some of those... I think I've just gotten used to the "tired" feeling... The irritability seems to come and go for me... my boobs are sore sometimes, and other times they feel totally normal. The acid reflux... I don't get it much anymore. I almost never get any queasiness at this point. But, I think there are some "uneasy tummy" feelings that I've just become accustomed to now. I dunno... I've actually given up on getting real symptoms too... If they're going to come, its usually BEFORE 8+ weeks.

Look at us, not happy with our mild pregnancy symptoms just want it all full on!!! I'm sure mrs f would have been more than happy to share!!!!

I'm feeling much better today, I'm still worried about scan tomorrow but actually feeling quite positive although I'm thinking I'll be considered high risk, this NT scan is quite new isn't it? I remember studying childcare at school and don't recall it, I just recall amnio and think it was a normal procedure for women over 35, considering the fact I have ivf drugs running through my veins and I'm 36 years old (the risk of downs being 1:100 for women aged 40) I'm kinda thinking I'm bound to be in the 1:150 category! Just because your put in that catagory doesn't mean there is something wrong, just a higher chance, just as there was a higher chance ivf would fail at my age and a higher chance of miscarriage, so what will be will be! Just another load of tests but us ivf'ers are used to that anyway aren't we!

On a plus side my bump is growing daily, I can't even breathe it in anymore and people keep pointing it out! It's huge, I hope 1 baby wasn't hiding during the 6 week scan!!!!

Also, hopefully I'll be given the all clear tomorrow and can finally have a bath, it'll be the first one since October!!!!! (I have been showering;-))

So whose scanning 2moz? Me, Megg........anyone else?

Dilly, good luck Monday, have they told you how long you've got to wait for results?

Hopefully I can be back tomorrow with a nice baby picture to post x

Oh and any of you ladies suffering tiredness in the early weeks, I was really bad for last couple of weeks but I appear to be picking up now, so it does ease x

Oh Mrs G please don't let my experience mar yours tomorrow..... enjoy every minute of the scan...it is wonderful....take some tissues!!!!!!

You are right it is only a risk indicator and they calculate it on the age you will be when you give birth... which put me up to 38 eeekkkk...so thats one of the reasons I came out a bit higher... I should find out on Wed next week, so not too long to wait!

That's good then dilly, I read some where that it was an 18 day wait, that would be a nightmare!!!!!!

I'm ok with the poss of it being high risk now, so if it's not I will be over the moon! Can't do a lot about it can we x i'll still be 36 when I give birth but that's still old isn't it! I kick myself now for waiting so long, I should have built up the courage years ago!

lol, mrs-g - i am MORE than happy to share symptoms, i think i'm having enough for all of us on the thread!!!!

Dilly hun, i'm so sorry for what you're going through mate, must be a huge drain on you x x x will be thinking of you monday x x

enjoy your scans today ladies! how exciting!!! :happydance:

afm - doc wants; to sign me off for another 2 weeks, but i think that would destroy me mentally! I'm feeling better, still battling with symptoms, but not as bad as they were. i've started with relaxation cd's and scented candles to help.

our next scan is in just over 2 weeks, and it's the anomaly scan. I'm currently worrying about genetic problems and disabilities now - i do wish i'd had the NT scan now in order to a) prepare, or b) rule stuff out. This pregnancy m'larky ain't 'arf stressful!!!!!

my bump has shrunk! i think being in bed for a week and eating only frosties has something to do with it!

x x x x

if anyone wants some of my nausea I'm happy to share...... find i'm eating every few hours to makes sure it's not so full on but eeks it's horrid!

OOOhh girls....I keep checking in to see scan news!!!!!!

Mrs F, see how you feel about work, you are obviously still quite weak if you are not eating properly, its one thing chilling at home and another commuting and putting in a full day of work.... take it easy hon .... so glad you are feeling better xxxx

MrsF my bump has shrunk too, but I had a doctors apt and she said I am measuring where I should be at this point. Most people can not tell I'm pregnant and I have a small frame, but I guess this is normal for your first

Ladies I am SOOOOO excited for your scans today yeah :happydance::happydance:
positive vibes, all will be very well

and no Ahbon I am quite happy not to have any nausea during my pregnancy, sorry hon please dont share it :winkwink: Hope you feel better soon, couple more weeks and you should be feeling human

any scans yet ladies? hope they all went well anyway x (sneaks off to eat again to keep the nausea at bay :( )

All is well! The heart rate was 182! S/he is so much bigger than before! :cloud9:

Pics---

Full pic with heartbeat along the bottom:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5209/5376134756_f42b05cfee_z.jpg

Cropped pic:

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5285/5375534943_3c5f008f5b.jpg

OOOOhhhhhhhhhhhh Congrats Megg.....how lovely..... even the heartbeat along the bottom looks like lots of mini heart shapes!!!! xxxxxxxxxxx

Hello girls, feeling much much better, 12 week scan is amazing!!!! A proper baby! We measure 67mm, so that puts us at 13 weeks today and a new EDD of 29th July!

I had my NT measurement and it was 1mm and they say that was normal, don't get my combined results for 2 weeks as long as all ok, if the results come back high risk I'll hear within the next few days. So more waiting, but tbh I'm so thrilled at seeing all my baby's hands/feet/fingers/toes and moving around and watching the heart beating and the reassurance that all the bits that are meant to be there are!

OH is also now really excited so that's good, think it seems more real for us both now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->