Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

:rofl: I hope you love him/her, Mrs-G! :rofl: I get what you mean, but that sounded REALLY funny... that you DECIDED you love him/her! So cute!

Dilly... You're MUCH better at this than I am! Wow! Remembering everyone! Holy cow (no avatar pun intended, but funny nonetheless)!!! Very emotional moment with the crib, I'm sure! Really great though! :hugs:

Hey everyone! We were away skiing so I couldn't log on.

Congrats to all you guys that had scans and congrats on getting out of first tri MrsG! I hope I get out soon myself.

Dilly - good luck tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you.

Yeah that sounded a bit weird, what I meant is before the 12 week scan it was really difficult to believe and didn't feel like a real baby, now I've seen it in proper baby firm with fingers, toes and character it is much easier to realise that whatever us inside me is going to be my child, and my responsibility forever, and actually, I'm now VERY excited about it all and love it!

Morning ladies! Sorry, no time for personals at the moment, am too busy twitching and fretting and generally flailing around!! 1st scan today in a couple of hours, I am kakking my pants! Did not sleep a wink at all last night. Please, please, please let everything be ok.

MarsMaiden - good luck today with your scan, hope everything goes well :)

Well ladies....

Just an update...................What a mix of emotions going on for me today!!!

Got to St Georges, everyone was lovely, got consented for the procedure, went into the room and spoke to the consultant who was really nice, he asked me if I def wanted to go ahead with the procedure, at which point my voice started to get a bit shakey and I said I really didn't know. So he did a scan.... explained it all to me, stated all looked normal nasal bone present and heart chambers all normal for this stage. He then went on to say he felt i was in a higher risk group due to my age, I asked about IVF putting BhCG up and he agreed this was the case and this was prob why I was put into a high risk category, he asked if we would terminate the pregnancy if positive for downs and we said no, he then went on to say he thought the pregnancy all looked normal and didn't want to stick a needle in me even if it carries a small miscarriage rate, so in his opinion he wouldn't risk an invasive test. He has advised me to have a detailed anomaly scan with a consultant at 20 weeks just to double check everything.... I feel so happy that he gave me his honest opinion and didn't just quote statistics. So we are moving on from this episode.... placenta intact and much more reassured!

The Little chap was a bit quiet today.... I think he knew something was up... but he was looking fabulous and much clearer to see on the scan.

Thanks for your thoughts...

Good luck with your scan Marsmaiden xxx

@MM - good luck!

@Dills - wow what a positive appointment! sounds like they really put your mind at ease. and frankly if knowing isn't going to change the outcome then why would you put Baby at risk? Good decisions all round.

AFM - cannot stop eating.... somebody stop me please....

OH MY GOD!!! Scan went so well and we are having TWINS!!! I can't believe it, totally shellshocked at the moment! Twin A measured 13.9mm making me bang on for 7 weeks and 5 days and Twin B was just behind at 13.0mm but the nurse seemed happy with this, both with little heartbeats fluttering beautifully away. I feel as spaced as a spaceman floating in space right now, waiting for the enormity of it all to hit me....

Dilly - so pleased that you had a good outcome today and that you have come away happy too. *hugs*

OH MY GOD!!! Scan went so well and we are having TWINS!!! I can't believe it, totally shellshocked at the moment! Twin A measured 13.9mm making me bang on for 7 weeks and 5 days and Twin B was just behind at 13.0mm but the nurse seemed happy with this, both with little heartbeats fluttering beautifully away. I feel as spaced as a spaceman floating in space right now, waiting for the enormity of it all to hit me....

Dilly - so pleased that you had a good outcome today and that you have come away happy too. *hugs*
Thank you x

SO HAPPY for you hon... Huge congrats on the Twinnies!!!! Enjoy the moment!!!!!!!!!:kiss: You must have a maahousive grin on your face!

DM...Thanks hon.... I say just keep eating while you can, you never know when the heartburn will kick in!!!

OMG MM that's amazing news! Congratulations to you all!!!

@Dilly - tell me about it! I could barely eat til 16 weeks. Got me some weight to put back on! :rofl:

Yeah that sounded a bit weird, what I meant is before the 12 week scan it was really difficult to believe and didn't feel like a real baby, now I've seen it in proper baby firm with fingers, toes and character it is much easier to realise that whatever us inside me is going to be my child, and my responsibility forever, and actually, I'm now VERY excited about it all and love it!

I totally get that! Friday, my little one was very much still a blob on the screen. He gave us no detail on the little arms and legs that I know were there. But, I'm hoping that I'll see something SLIGHTLY more baby shaped tomorrow... and then I know I will at 12 weeks! Its all quite exciting. I think it'll be way more real for me then too! I understand completely! :hugs:

Well ladies....

Just an update...................What a mix of emotions going on for me today!!!

Got to St Georges, everyone was lovely, got consented for the procedure, went into the room and spoke to the consultant who was really nice, he asked me if I def wanted to go ahead with the procedure, at which point my voice started to get a bit shakey and I said I really didn't know. So he did a scan.... explained it all to me, stated all looked normal nasal bone present and heart chambers all normal for this stage. He then went on to say he felt i was in a higher risk group due to my age, I asked about IVF putting BhCG up and he agreed this was the case and this was prob why I was put into a high risk category, he asked if we would terminate the pregnancy if positive for downs and we said no, he then went on to say he thought the pregnancy all looked normal and didn't want to stick a needle in me even if it carries a small miscarriage rate, so in his opinion he wouldn't risk an invasive test. He has advised me to have a detailed anomaly scan with a consultant at 20 weeks just to double check everything.... I feel so happy that he gave me his honest opinion and didn't just quote statistics. So we are moving on from this episode.... placenta intact and much more reassured!

The Little chap was a bit quiet today.... I think he knew something was up... but he was looking fabulous and much clearer to see on the scan.

That is a fantastic outcome! I'm SO happy you didn't have to have the test. :hugs: Congrats on a perfect looking little man! :)

That is AMAZING! :cloud9: CONGRATS!!! :hugs: You went hoping your BABY was okay, and came home with TWO PERFECT BABIES in your tum!!!! So freakin' exciting!

Well ladies....

oh that is wonderful Dilly, I thought about you the other day and I think that silly to put you through unnecessary stress because of a number around 1/100. My friend had an actual poor NT scan and she did have a baby with severe downs but it was so obvious on the scan, fluid in the lungs in everything and physical anomolies. I am sure your baby is just fine and I think you made the right decision, I think bubs thanks you for that too :hugs:

oh my goodness :happydance::happydance: Is this the first time you found out you were having twins?? If so, how very exciting, and many congrats to you :hugs:

Hope everyone is well, I went to a party on Saturday and there was a girl over a week behind me in her pregnancy and she was massive!! You can still hardly tell I'm preggs and she looks 6 months at least...second baby for her though so maybe thats why
I am sure I will start gaining soon

:hugs:

Dilly - sounds like a fab appointment - so glad :hugs:

MarsMaiden - welcome to the club :) :hugs:

:hugs: to everyone - brain in malfunction mode this week......

extra weight and nausea still on offer here for anyone in need! :wacko: Had bloods taken today for more immune testing - wow had to be laid down to do it and that was very good decision by the nurse despite me saying no i'm sure I'll be ok...... :cry:

x

@Britt - we're identical in dates and have you SEEN my epic bump pic? Holy cow..... If one more person asks me how many Ive got in there I am going to weep....

@Britt - we're identical in dates and have you SEEN my epic bump pic? Holy cow..... If one more person asks me how many Ive got in there I am going to weep....

ha ha too cute, its an AWESOME bump DM!! I have bump envy. this is your second baby though...so you have an edge
at the gym these girls were looking at me and you could tell they were trying to figure out "is she or isnt she" :wacko::wacko: Yes I am pregnant people!!! :rofl:
that being said I'm up 2 pounds in 4 days lol...where is the weight going then? my butt probably

mostly water i would imagine.... that's pretty much what all my weight is!

Dilly - glad to hear the good news. I can't wait to get my nuchal scan over.

Britt - I'm behind you and I have a bump :nope:. I think I'm eating too much!

Congrats Mars! Mine are separated by 2 days. I hear measuring different dates is more the norm than not.

Dragon - I can't stop eating either so if you want some help just send your food over to me.

Hello everyone, some positives on here today so that's good! Another set of twins!!!! It must have been a very fertile round of ivf in nov/dec!!!

Well I have news, me and oh dtd this morning! Gasp! 1st time since October hee hee! And guess what....... Baby didn't fall out or anything, was quite anxious about it though!

Dilly, I'm glad you & oh had the courage to decide that the outcome made no difference, I'm not sure we could, but it has saved you a lot of worry and the hospital sounded really reassuring x

My hunger has slowed off a bit now thank god, just on 8 meals a day now... Only joking!

Well I'm sleepy, good night all x x

Maxxi I've just eaten 4 fresh cream chocolate eclairs. am feeling pride rather than shame...

Ohhh, that sounds sooooooooooo good, DM!!! *drool*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"