Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

honestly mate, it made every hour of my shift worthwhile....

Oh I am sooo jealous of the eclairs...Mmmmmmmmmmm.. i only have honey roasted cashews to keep me company!

Mrs G... congrats on DTD!!! Glad baby stayed put!!!!!

M&N when is your next scan??? I can't remember....

Britt I bet you have a v cute bump... those gym girls will see it soon enough!

Thanks for all your amazing words of encouragement girls.... feeling sooooo much better today, I think a lot of my worry was due to the procedure rather than the result! Back to work today and feeling normal once again.... xxx

thanks for all your congratulations ladies, you are so sweet! <3

Britt - yes, this was the first scan and so the first indication of twins! The nurse said I was pretty lucky to be as symptom free as I am!

Ahbon - oh dear about the bloods! Are you normally OK with that sort of thing or is it just the pregnancy that has changed you?

maxxi - I am totally blaming you for the twins!! :p Looks like your early stretching pains theory is right on so far!!

mrs-g - I'm actually an IUI girl! Weirdly I would have had no chance of twins doing IVF as my hospital has a strict policy of SET!

megg - hope the scan goes well today and that you get to see some more of baby this time!

I went to see the doc today to get the ball rolling for the midwife appointment so hoping to hear from them soon. Am starting to feel a bit daunted by the whole twins thing, just with the thought of carrying them at the moment and how big I might get, it's going to take some getting used to!

Still fairly symptom free at the moment apart from trapped wind (the burpy type!) in the evening which is driving me mad, it gets so painful and stops me wanting to eat. Does anyone know of any good remedies? I try shifting around and whatnot but it just doesn't seem to want to let go!

Dilly - my next scan is the nuchal scan and I'm having that very late in the afternoon this Friday. I'm really looking forward to getting it over with (so that I can stress about the amnio at the end of Feb I guess)

Mars - I'm freaked out about the weight I've already gained. I'm not allowed to exercise so I feel big all the time. And I'm not even out of first tri!

Hi Ladies,
lots of positive news on this thread.
just wanted to let you know some good news, a friend of mine had a 1/40 chance of a downs baby and so she had the amnio. She just got the results and everything is fine, baby is perfect. Man, they sure like to freak women out with those tests!!

maxxi can you not even do some walking, just to take the edge off a bit? will be good for your all round wellbeing surely!

Dilly - my next scan is the nuchal scan and I'm having that very late in the afternoon this Friday. I'm really looking forward to getting it over with (so that I can stress about the amnio at the end of Feb I guess)
!

Oh Hon will be thinking of you on Fri ... will be great to see how much those cheeky twins have developed....its very exciting and wonderful x

Oh thats wonderful news for your friend Britt... I have to say I am normally quite level headed about these things....not sure if being preg has turned me into a stark raving looney...but seemed to lose my sensible head when i got the results, i have calmed down and normal service will hopefully resume again....although I can't promise how long it will last.... appears to be out of my control!!!

Hope you are ok Mars... its must be quite a shock after having IUI to have Twins and I am sure it will take some getting used to....but really really happy for you hon x

PS went and got myself a doughnut today after the éclair situation on here yesterday....it was delish!!

hello my yummy mummies :)

had a quick scan of the thread - i've missed a fair bit! think i need to go back over it when less tired cos i can't remember what i had in my head to write to everyone :dohh:

back at work now, feeling much better, although not 100%. v early night for me, so i'll say cheeribye and i'll head back tomorrow, hopefully when i'll be less tired!

hope you are well ladies, much love x x x

Dilly - thanks. I can't wait to get it over with.

Britt - that's very encouraging news about your friend. I bet that'll happen to me - high risk and tortuous 3 weeks waiting for the amnio.

Dragon - I was told to stay put during the first tri. It's the combo of twins and prior miscarriages that make them be extra cautious. I'm going to see my ob again in Feb and since I'll be out of the first tri I'm going to ask if I can walk and I'd love to do prenatal yoga. I'm so cranky all the time. Everyone is very noticeably staying out of my way.

Hey, my lovely ladies! :hugs:

Scan was a bit better today. I was actually able to SEE the flicker of the heartbeat. The FS tried to show us a bit, but he wasn't zoomed in enough for us to tell. But, the lady today did well. I saw it right away. It was even an external u/s... which shocked me. At 9 weeks with the excess fluff I carry, I thought they'd get out the wand for sure... but nope! The pic isn't great, but at least I can tell head from tail this time! :rofl: S/he is measuring 9+2 instead of 9+0... She even noted the change in my EDD, but I know when it happened... So, I'm not changing tickers or anything. We'll see if s/he stays ahead or evens out a bit down the line.

https://farm6.static.flickr.com/5214/5387337049_1caba88721.jpg

Awww bless the little bubs!! Glad everything still ok.

@Maxxi you must be climbing the bloody walls! I know we'll do basically anything for a safe arrival but doesn't stop you getting bored senseless....

Congrats on scan Megg, can't believe how many you get!

Anybody else got anything happening this week? I've been a bit sickly today, went swimming last night and think it rejuvenated me but I woke up really early and couldn't get back to sleep and now I'm knackered, plus we've been out for a meal tonight and only just got back so it's another late one for me.

Re: NT results, no news yet so fingers crossed all ok, don't think I'll settle though till I've been given all clear.

My friends that we went out with tonight seem really excited which is nice, don't get to talk about it much so it was nice having friends ask questions.

Well off to bed now, night night x

MrsG - no news is good news. They'll tell you right away if something looks amiss.

Megg - I don't think anything really looks like anything until 12 weeks. Before that it looks like a peanut with a head. At least mine did.

One of my twins should be 12 weeks today. Finally! The other was measuring 2 days behind. My scan (nuchal) is late tomorrow afternoon so I'll get more accurate dates then. Seems like tomorrow will take forever to get here.

It is nice when people ask about it, isn't it? :)

Tomorrow will come... Just slowly, hun! LOL Isn't that always the way?

I did get a lot of scans, but I don't think I get another until 20 weeks now. Apparently we're not doing an NT scan at 12 weeks... I dunno. I have an appointment with my MW on Feb 22, but she seemed to have said my next U/S wouldn't be until 20 weeks. Its left us very confused. I'm going to see if I can talk them into one anyway... I can't go 11 weeks between scans and not lose my freakin' mind!

I cant believe how many twins are on this thread, that is so cool :hugs:
ahh twinnies, cant wait to see them get bigger.

how is everyone today?

I cant believe I am 18 weeks today!! :happydance: amazing
I havent felt bubs in a little while, so he/she must be in a weird position.
I had totally crazy preggo dreams last night, dreamt it was a boy but at a month it was already 6 ft tall, it had some weird extra growing disease...lol
I also dreamt I was bleeding which seemed so real, glad it was only a dream

ahh pregnancy hormones hey?

The dreams suck a bit! Happy 18 Weeks though! :)

I'm anxious to start feeling movement... I know I have a wait in front of me still though!

Megg - you're probably not considered high risk or maybe they don't do nuchal scans by you. I'd freak out if I had to wait till 20 weeks. I'm sure they'll get you in earlier.

Britt - Congrats on 18 weeks! In 2 more you'll get the fun scan where you'll get to see the baby clearly and find out what it is, right? I had a dream last night that I was bleeding and a dream the night before about getting my epidural. Fun.

with H i kept having this weird dream that I had a ship's porthole on my tummy so we could look in and see him, then once i was about 20 weeks, we could open it and get him out for cuddles!

Perhaps thats where I got my much coveted "womb window" idea while TTC!!!

Britt I've not felt much last couple of days. i think I have just taken on a load of water as my bump is rounder and firmer so I guess he's like bloody Nemo in there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->