Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

MrsG - I'm going to talk to my ob Monday because it really doesn't make sense to do these tests again if I'm having the amnio. The measurements were 1.4 so that sounds ok and the dr said everything looks good. I'm not even sure bloods are too accurate with twins anyway. The amnio will give me my final answer. Twin A was punching and kicking so she must have been pissed off and Twin B was calm and cooperative so he's not a trouble maker. I say she and he because A has to be a little me if she's cranky,pissed off and fighting and B must be my husband who's calm, doing what he's supposed to do and putting up with being punched and kicked by me. :)

ahh thats so cute, little monkeys have their own personality :hugs:
Maxxi so glad that everything went well and yes 1.4 measurement is really low :thumbup: which is good
yes the Amnio will tell you everything including the sex I thought, not sure he would want you to do more u/s and tests either :shrug:
sounds like your babies are great

thanks for the vote ladies, this is so fun!!

MrsG my MS more or less stopped at 16 weeks flat. Although I puked in the kitchen sink today. I bent down to get the washing out of the tumble dryer and the apple I had just eaten literally just dropped back up! But as long as I am careful it's pretty much under control. Touch wood...

Maxxie so glad all i well with your litter! Boo to all the tests, poking and prodding though. Sometimes I think that makes you worry more!

Britt - I am going to let them tell me the sexes. I'm curious to see if Baby A is girl as per my theory that she's a little bad-attitude me.

Dragon - Yes all these tests makes you do nothing but worry.

I'd post pics but I don't have a scanner. All I have is a laptop. I'm not even sure how to add a ticker. I don't think anyone can make guesses about what I have if there aren't any pics.

Yep that's what I did too!

Maxi you need a ticker, I'd forgotten you were having two and when I wrote the word 'baby' I scrolled up to check and there was nothing there! I'm so glad all looked ok and that they were playing for the camera!! It is amazing isn't it!

I'm still undecided if I'm having a girl or a boy, gut feeling is still boy!

I might go shopping today, there's a baby shop near me which closes down in 4 weeks and has a sale on, oh won't go though which is a pain, don't wanna decide on anything on my own.

I am back in my cranky mood again, thought it had passed! Mainly pissed off at work with my boss's lack of appreciation for me, I know it's horrible but I really hope he'll realise what I do when I'm on maternity, although it's my job to train my replacement but not sure I can fit 6 years training into 4 months!

Has anyone decided when they're going to start maternity? I was planning on 1st July (1 month before) but then take holiday so really early June, now I'm thinking perhaps finish just 1 week before and take holiday so I finish 1st July full stop which will give me more time after, only thing is, is June going to be hot and by that point am I going to be tired? I work approx 47 hours a week, other option is to use holiday to go part time earlier, I just can't figure out what's best, you have to let them know by 25 weeks so I'll keep thinking for now!

I'm officially off from 1st June but I am waiting to see when I get scheduled in for my section and how much leave I have available!

MrsG - I'm in a rage all day long. At least you have moments where you feel better. I don't! I'm independently contracted so no maternity leave for me! My husband will have little to say about a nursery. His taste is awful!

Dragon - I'll try to upload a pic later.

Happy weekend ladies :)

aw man - i;ve been so busy catching up with work this week that i feel like i've missed so much on here :(

Lots of fab scans and bumps going on :happydance: and twins!!! my word, nov/dec certainly was a fertile ivf time :)

all good this end, dare I say i might actually be starting to bloom!!! No nausea for a fair while, and my appetite has finally picked up - so only one bowl of frosties a day (as opposed to my frosties for brekkie, dinner and tea!), and proper meals! i feel like a different person!!!! i have a definite bump now which makes me feel quite proud :)

i can't believe i'm nearly half way!!! britt, Dragon and yomo too! thoughts are really turning to reality of labour.....*shudder* Britt, your anomaly scan is 2 days before mine - mine;s the 9th. really looking forward to it.

no kicks or flutters for me i'm afraid *boo* i told mw that i thought i'd felt something a while back, but she said my stomach muscles are still too firm so i wouldn't have been able to :( i can hear him kicking through the doppler at least, so I know he's active in there.

i hope everyone has a peaceful weekend, catch you later (i'm actually heading off for a bowl of frosties, writing it has made me really want a bowl...! ;) ) x x x

Oh well, another wasted day! After waking up so early me and oh got up and had some breakie, I felt sick and v.tired so when he went to work at half 11 I went back to bed, woke up again at half two!!!! How lazy! But now I've done my work I brought home so that's good, now I can relax!

Oh well, another wasted day! After waking up so early me and oh got up and had some breakie, I felt sick and v.tired so when he went to work at half 11 I went back to bed, woke up again at half two!!!! How lazy! But now I've done my work I brought home so that's good, now I can relax!

I fell asleep too at 11 and got up after 2. I started to feel nauseous and had a headache and am just generally tired. I say get rest now. No time for that later.

I totally agree with Maxxi Mrs-g, get those :sleep: in now hun. Defo not a wasted day - it's free, it's good for you and beany, and helps with ickyness. hope you're both feeling better x x x

Sorry I've been so crap but I've been laying down a lot and getting bad headaches for the last few days - all seems better today - might have been also due to having to do tax returns for both hubbie and I too - last minute as always :cry:

Just back from 12wk scan - all good with both little ones - my mum was waving at the screen as they both kept waving and jumping up and down for her then posing for their pics :haha: Was so nice to share that with her :hugs:

We were all very nervous about the nuchal - my age etc put it at 1:77 then the measurement of 1.1mm on each baby puts it to 1:384 so we're happy with that :happydance:and can't do bloods with twins so that's our final result for now :)

Hope you are all ok and enjoying life - morning sickness is seeming to ease a bit for me now thank wotnot! :hugs:

Sorry I've been so crap but I've been laying down a lot and getting bad headaches for the last few days - all seems better today - might have been also due to having to do tax returns for both hubbie and I too - last minute as always :cry:

Just back from 12wk scan - all good with both little ones - my mum was waving at the screen as they both kept waving and jumping up and down for her then posing for their pics :haha: Was so nice to share that with her :hugs:

We were all very nervous about the nuchal - my age etc put it at 1:77 then the measurement of 1.1mm on each baby puts it to 1:384 so we're happy with that :happydance:and can't do bloods with twins so that's our final result for now :)

Hope you are all ok and enjoying life - morning sickness is seeming to ease a bit for me now thank wotnot! :hugs:

I'm glad you're feeling better. My NT measurements were 1.4 and they drew bloods on me and so didn't give me a risk factor AND on March 4th they will do another NT scan and bloods and compare the results before they give me my risk factor. Everyone else seems to have had their screening the same way you've had yours. I'm so furstrated. Are you going to do an amnio? Congrats on your results too. What a relief!

I got my answer. The second part of my screen (on March 4th) will also tell me about any issues like spina bifida. This is going to be a stressful month. I'm still waiting on my blood test results too. I'm starting to worry that they'll be abnormal and increase my risk despite having a good NT measurement. I know how to drive myself crazy don't I?

abhon - pleased your MS has eased off a bit hun, and your scan sounds like it went well too :)

maxxi - :hugs: i can totally see your frustrations hun. Experts in patience and waiting we all are, will stand us in good stead for excellent parenting x x

hope everyone had a good weekend

Any UK ladies watch one born every minute this evening? i must admit i do find it hard going cos i'm such a wuss, but i think i'm slowly coming round to the idea of labour and birth......

x x x

congrats on the scan Ahbon!
Maxxi- I have no doubt your repeat scan and blood work will be just great, I dont blame you though about the frustration and anxiety, I was very anxious before my 12 week scan so I can relate. I do find it a bit odd that they have another scan for you and an amnio :shrug: I would think the amnio is just fine.
as for spina bifida I think that was more common when women werent taking folic acid, it should be in your prenatal so you should be fine :hugs:

Happy 19 weeks MrsF!

less than 1 week until my scan now :happydance:

MrsF it's fine. It's only the end bit that really hurts and by that point you don't care anyway!

Maxxi just relax and enjoy your pregnancy hun. Worrying doesn't change anything so you might as well just love being up the duff! Cross each bridge as you come to it, no point creating ones that aren't there. That's my way of getting through it all x

Oh M&N and Ahbon....so pleased your scans went well and results all good so far... How exciting to see the little ones!

MrsF I just can't bring myself to watch it yet!!!! When i was a student nurse ( admittedly it was back in in 1992! ) we spent 3m on maternity and it really put me off!!!! My midwife says it has all changed since then....hmmmmmmm not so sure....you still have to get the baby out!

Hope all is well with you lovely ladies... A very sweet patient just bought me a box of quality street and I have already scoffed 8 of them....STOP ME!!!!

Hey ladies!

Great news about your scans maxxi and ahbon - can't wait to see my little dudes at 12 weeks!

maxxi - all the extra tests seem strange as I have already been advised that the blood tests are unreliable in multiple pregnancies. Also the tests are designed to give you a risk factor so you can make a decision about CVS/amnio which you have already made! Ah well, hope you're not worrying too much, your results so far seem like you have nothing to worry about!

Must confess to feeling a bit low at the moment. DH is away for work at the moment and I am struggling to enjoy the pregnancy without him being here to share it with and am just wallowing! I should count myself lucky as my symptoms are still mercifully few but I am sleeping allllll the time! Feels like all I am doing is working and sleeping! I seem to spend any energy I have getting through the day at work and there's nothing left for me at the end of the day. I went to bed last night with a horrible headache and jsut cried because all I wanted was some comfort but felt totally alone. Hormones!! Blah!

Anyway, enough woe is me, hope all you ladies are doing really well!

Oh and Dilly - STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATES!!

britt - i'm really looking forward to the 20 week scan too :) i can't remember if you said or not, but are you finding out the sex? x

DM - have decided to go for the epidural as soon as my waters break :haha: ;) or as near to goddammit as i can.....

Dilly - i hear you - i think fundamentally surely it's still the same, lol, waters break, contractions come, get worse, lots of pushing, swearing and screaming, and then baby comes out one of two ways! *shudder* we will do though, and we will do it brilliantly and with al our dignity in tact, I;m sure of it......

mars - :hugs: sorry you're feeling down in the dumps cherub x x x when does your DH come home? he'll be missing you and the bean terribly. catch up on those :sleep: while you can. I can vouch that your energy levels do come back - i actually stayed up til 10,30 last night!!! and it does make a huge difference when they do. x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->