Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

:laugh2: am loving the chip butty convo!!! I will declare a war though ;) A chip butty is in a sarnie, not in a roll - that'd be a chip-cob, or a chip-bap, or a chip-roll!!!! :haha: best chip butty = thick white squidgy bread, spread thickly with proper butter *starts to dribble* chips, ketchup, mayo, and lashings of salt and vinegar *more dribble* i do agree though that a chippy is better than a pub ;)

i love this thread, one of the best ones i've been in - you read about negativity, but i love our support network here. Hey, has anyone heard from / about Sammy from our old thread?

not long DM! i want the weekend to drag, but I'm hoping yours goes quick hun ;)

anyway, i'm offski before i get lynched about the great chip butty debate ;)

much love ladies x x x x

What about a fish finger sandwich debate??

Soft uncut doorstep, butter, fish fingers, ketchup & a slice of Gouda... If I'm feeling particularly healthy/disgusting, salad :rofl:

Glad you are all well, looking forward to all the scan updates for us all next week. Myself included :hugs:

never been a fish finger fan - but can see the appeal - i think it's anything lardy sandwiched between 2 bits of thick stodge covered in lard!!! (and ketchup!)

any other top butty-filling ideas ladies? I'm actually wheat intolerant, but am craving bread like crazy, so i gotta get my sarnies in before June!!! (and then i'm going to boot camp!!!)

x x x

Ooh you are hardcore! I'll be off to weightwatchers a weeks after the baby comes out & a month later training for a 10k... Figured the exercise endorphins can ward off PND!!

Rach it has never occurred to me to add cheese to the mix but I now feel inspired....

MrsF your fierce defence of the chip butty makes me suspect you're from oop North :rofl:

And I know what you mean. I love the support in here. I am avoiding the second tri forums if I can as they're just full of snipey bitches and idiots who think breathing near a goat will harm their baby. I mean we're all being careful but haven't we been having babies for millions of years?

Rach I am just hoping to be able to manage more than 5 weeks of BF'ing this time - that should shift some weight. Although I have STILL only put on 3.5lbs! not that I'm complaining but still! Gotta love the puking for something :rofl:

Piking has it's bonuses!!

My poor friend was vilified on the baby club on here for not breast feeding. Felt very sorry for her as it's a personal choice. Nevermind 2nd tri, think I'll avoid baby club :haha:

That really pisses me off. I got a lot of jip when I stopped with H but he was a lazy feeder and just didn't stimulate me enough so he was always bloody hungry! I tried expressing but couldn't get enough out for a feed. Plus I had crippling pnd so the last thing I needed was a coven of evangelical witches telling me what a terrible mother I am! I do my best. Nobody in this world can do better than that.

I can't find the emoticon of the rofl'ing!!! You have both made me just spit my drink out!

rach - it's gonna be my own style boot camp - i know i'm meant to gain weight, but my bb's have gone crazy and i feel so yucky - i'm so motivated to start exercise again, but i can't yet! I am actually dreaming of hardcore marathons (only ever done a half), tossing barrels around, and circuit training for hours!!! and eating perfectly healthy like a saint! i know what'll happen though - none of it!

DM - how did you guess ;)

just reread the BFing comments - how awful. I really want to, for all the obvious reasons, but i'm having real circulation problems with my nipps to a point where they go blue, purple then white and sting for up to 20 mins. It floors me, literally, with pain. It's a type of raynards thing. I'm worried that i won't be able to BF, but am more concerned about everyone else's comments on it if i dont! it's noone else's concern or business but yours - as if they do everything perfectly and ideally!!!
xx x

Mars - the pains don't sound serious at all. Sound like round ligment pain. Not fun though. I need to stay off the internet too. I recently read that at 26-28 wks the doc recommends stopping work and I'm not hoping for that. I need to ask my ob what she thinks when I see her next week. My guess is if you feel ok then it's ok to work. I do have an incompetent cervix though just to complicate things. Are you as tired as I am these days? I'm dying by 9 pm.

Dragon - I avoid second tri too. If I have a question then I'll ask it here.

Rachelle - People get crazy about breastfeeding. Almost militant. I don't think it's anyone's business if you do or don't. How does it affect someone else if you don't breastfeed?

Mercy - my uterus feels hard too. And I popped a little over the past couple of days.

Britt - I don't know why that book says that your chest stops growing after the 1st tri. Doesn't really make sense. I'm technically not big at the moment but for my baseline I'm huge. I may actually fit into a B cup now!

I have to say that the chip butty description made me a little sick! The fish sandwich too except for the gouda cheese part. I remember having a baked brie dish one of the times I was in London and it was incredibly yummy. Hi to everyone else I missed!

Thanks, maxxi -- I feel so dumb, I called my OB so the nurse could tell me that it's totally normal. BUT they told me to come in to be checked! So, I did -- and of course everything is fine. (I got to see the baby, soooo cute! not nearly as skeletal!) I was embarrassed, but my OB was super nice about it.

Okay -- I don't know if I've ever been to a real "chippery" -- what do I look for? I know what pubs look like (and how!). (sorry for the OT)

Yes, this is an awesome group. I find cultural attitudes about pregnancy slightly horrifying, mostly based on fear & guilt & shame (like I haven't had enough of that in my life!), rather than on science & research & reason. I say, STOP the madness! Drink that cup of coffee/tea/chocolate! Eat that delicious hotdog! Have the celebratory glass of champagne! Or don't -- who cares? Who's judging?

@Britt I don't think the name is out there at all. It's not common but it's pretty and simple. Also I noticed her initials will be PYM which would be a cute pet name for her! My mum and dad used to randomly call me Polly when I was little. My name is Lindsay :rofl:

And of course I have my Dragon!

ahh thanks DM :hugs: that is cute

and thanks ladies for all your kind words on the name, I dont think there is any going back now as DH is like "well we can put these blinds in Piper's room" so the name is set! :thumbup:

I couldnt agree more with you ladies and the opinionated people on this forum. There was a thread in second tri about spray tan and the poor woman who just asked the question was completely roasted by the gronola girls. They were even saying, "yeah I dont use hairspray and dont wear make up of course for the baby (like wearing lipstick is harming it lol) and I wont wear deodarant- I just make my own" I was so tempted to write, whats next ladies, stop shampooing your hair or using a bar of soap or wearing clothing in fear of harming the baby??!! :rofl:

Geeish, what is with these women, grow up!! I have a girlfriend that is also pregnant and she enjoys half a glass of wine here and there- I see nothing wrong with that and would never judge her. To each his own and my mom's generation did have a drink here and there in pregnancy and nothing happend! Actually my mom never breastfed with me or my sister and we turned out perfectly normal. And you are right Mercye who cares what someone else does?

I love hangin out with you ladies as well
:hugs:

MrsF all you can do is your best. I had my expectations far too high when I had H. I was going to have an idyllic water birth and breast feed for a year. When I turned up to my first mother and baby group at 6 weeks with a section scar and a bottle, I felt like a complete failure. It's no wonder I was unwell with the pnd for so long. I have a different attitude now. I'm going to give everything my best shot. I'd like to bf for a bit longer than last time so i'll be thrilled if I make it to 6 weeks. If I can do longer then brilliant. If not then fuck it. I tried. I can't do any more than that. But I am not going to end up with debilitating anxiety and paranoia because someone else thinks i'm a bad mother. I'm a bloody great mother. My little boy is tall, strong, healthy and bright as a button. Therefore i am a bloody goddess, as are all of us and don't let anyone tell you different!

And am loving the word chippery! We call it a chippy. It's basically a cheap and nasty takeaway/takeout where you go and get chips and battered fish and sausages and pies. Oh and mushy peas and gravy and for some reason pickled eggs... If you have them open, they give you little wooden forks to eat them with. And they're proper chunky slightly soggy chips. None of your skinny french fries. They have no place in a butty! Also you may hear people in the uk say they're having a fish supper. That's basically fish and chips. If you delve further north to the chippies of Scotland, they will literally batter and deep fry anything. From pizza to doner kebabs to mars bars to bananas. So wrong that it's right...

Don;t forget the chip-shop curry sauce DM ;) today is supposed to be my healthy kickstart - but i wanna chip butty now:wacko: good job we don't have a local chippy.....

i agree DM, we are bloody goddesses. How awful that other people made you feel like a failure, it makes me so bloody angry. you sound like you know exactly what you're doing, and like a top mum to boot gal x x x britt - i can't believe what you read! how awful someone can't pose a question for advice and help without getting jumped on! What annoys me though is that some people justify their nasty responses by saying "well, that's my opinion" - 9 times out of 10 it isn't necessary cos the poor woman just wants help! not a lecture! if i want that, i'll ring my mother!!!

big love in this thread - except for the chippy debate ;)

happy weekend my lovelies - the sun is finally shining oop norf and i can sit here with the windows open without literally freezing my nips off! :flower:

laters alligators x x x x

mercy - pleased all is well hun - and don't feel silly. feeling so anxious about stuff is horrible at the best of times, even more so when we have such precious cargos on board :hugs:

There are ways to disagree without pounding like a total cock though. Several people have told me they don't like my name choices or the changing bag I like. That's fine. Viva la difference and all that. But they were diplomatic. Like you say, there's a lot of arseholes on here that just want to stir crap up. I've been caught up a couple of times but I just ignore them now. No point in adding fuel to the fire. Best thing is if everyone just ignores them. That'll make 'em cross! As for moi, I got no sleep last night so i've been napping all morning. Hope I sleep tonight, am in work at 8! We're going out tonight to a lush thai restaurant in Guildford. I get to watch my husband, my cousin, his girlfriend who is a good friend, and all their mates get completely wasted. But we're in a lush restaurant so I don't care. Foooooood!

Don;t forget the chip-shop curry sauce DM ;)

i agree DM, we are bloody goddesses. How awful that other people made you feel like a failure, it makes me so bloody angry. you sound like you know exactly what you're doing, and like a top mum to boot gal x x x britt - i can't believe what you read! how awful someone can't pose a question for advice and help without getting jumped on! What annoys me though is that some people justify their nasty responses by saying "well, that's my opinion" - 9 times out of 10 it isn't necessary cos the poor woman just wants help! not a lecture! if i want that, i'll ring my mother!!!

Have you noticed the bizarre things that send women into panic -- the questions they ask? Like Britt's example, the woman who worried about spray tan? I've seen terrified queries about licorice, carrots, tight pants, household cleaners, coffee, food cooked in wine/beer . . . All this fear is coming from somewhere -- it seems so wrong to me.

Anyway, I'm grateful to have this thread, full of kind & sane women!

DM, enjoy your dinner. Feel free to talk about food anytime -- I love hearing descriptions! And I'm always fascinated by what people eat in other countries. On vacations (cruises, etc.), we take more pictures of our food than we do of ourselves or the sights.

Thanks for the kind words, MrsF! It's confusing to have symptoms that I haven't heard others talk about -- but I'm determined not to call my OB again unless I have massive pain or bleeding!

Will check back later today -- after the gender scan!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

There's one woman who posts almost every day in preg club about something else innocuous that she's done to endanger her child. These people seem to spend their lives on bloody google. I on the other hand am using common sense, like you guys. The other one that bugs me is the ones where they're bleeding or having strange pains or baby's not moving and they say should I be worried. And you can tell them to call the hosp or mw til you go purple but they won't. They'll leave it til tomorrow. See how it goes. Why post then!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->