Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Dilly, we're the same EDD (again!) -- tell me, does your uterus feel like it's got a rock in it? Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone! I keep reading about movements & flutters & bubbles . . . but my abdomen just feels heavy & sometimes it gets hard and feels like something's pressing from the inside out -- but that surely can't be the baby at 16 wks??

Hey lovely....yes we are back on track for the 27th!!!!!:happydance:

I do have a hard feeling, i think its a bit of bowel and fluid and baby...haha but in the last few days i have had a few popping sensations... so not sure if that baba or not???

I think it is different for everyone.... i guess by about week 20 we should all be feeling something..

I have eaten far too much food today!

Just got home from lovely lunch and OH has popped to the pub to watch the Rugby with a friend and he left me an invitation written in italian inviting me to an evening of dining and more tomorrow evening.... what a romantic.... I have no idea what it says so its all a bit of a surprise!!!

Hey ladies :flower:

Don;t forget the chip-shop curry sauce DM ;)

i agree DM, we are bloody goddesses. How awful that other people made you feel like a failure, it makes me so bloody angry. you sound like you know exactly what you're doing, and like a top mum to boot gal x x x britt - i can't believe what you read! how awful someone can't pose a question for advice and help without getting jumped on! What annoys me though is that some people justify their nasty responses by saying "well, that's my opinion" - 9 times out of 10 it isn't necessary cos the poor woman just wants help! not a lecture! if i want that, i'll ring my mother!!!

Have you noticed the bizarre things that send women into panic -- the questions they ask? Like Britt's example, the woman who worried about spray tan? I've seen terrified queries about licorice, carrots, tight pants, household cleaners, coffee, food cooked in wine/beer . . . All this fear is coming from somewhere -- it seems so wrong to me.

Anyway, I'm grateful to have this thread, full of kind & sane women!

DM, enjoy your dinner. Feel free to talk about food anytime -- I love hearing descriptions! And I'm always fascinated by what people eat in other countries. On vacations (cruises, etc.), we take more pictures of our food than we do of ourselves or the sights.

Thanks for the kind words, MrsF! It's confusing to have symptoms that I haven't heard others talk about -- but I'm determined not to call my OB again unless I have massive pain or bleeding!

Will check back later today -- after the gender scan!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:
Oh my gosh Mercy good luck at the gender scan :thumbup: do you have any idea or guesses as to what you are having?

Dilly, we're the same EDD (again!) -- tell me, does your uterus feel like it's got a rock in it? Actually, I wouldn't mind hearing from anyone! I keep reading about movements & flutters & bubbles . . . but my abdomen just feels heavy & sometimes it gets hard and feels like something's pressing from the inside out -- but that surely can't be the baby at 16 wks??

Hey lovely....yes we are back on track for the 27th!!!!!:happydance:

I do have a hard feeling, i think its a bit of bowel and fluid and baby...haha but in the last few days i have had a few popping sensations... so not sure if that baba or not???

I think it is different for everyone.... i guess by about week 20 we should all be feeling something..

I have eaten far too much food today!

Just got home from lovely lunch and OH has popped to the pub to watch the Rugby with a friend and he left me an invitation written in italian inviting me to an evening of dining and more tomorrow evening.... what a romantic.... I have no idea what it says so its all a bit of a surprise!!!

Dilly, popping sensations is baby :thumbup::happydance::happydance:

ooo mercy - i must've missed that! sorry hun! cant wait to see which team you're on ! x x

just a flying visit, am off out gigging. catch you preggo ladies in the morning ;) x x x

yay can't wait for Mercy's update!

Dills that sounds like bubba to me :cloud9:

Mercy - I'm picking girl for you. When do you find out?

You know what I find horrible? I've read posts where girls have gotten bad screening results for things like Down's and they're upset and scared and people have basically written things implying that these girls are horrible people for not looking past these results and being ok with anything that happens. I actually read a post where one girl suggested that amnios are done to encourage terminations. So much for support

It's a :blue:

:happydance::happydance::happydance:

I'm so excited! I really did want a boy. So did Paul, apparently, but he just didn't want to say it aloud. The tech announced the sex almost as soon as she put the u/s wand on my abdomen -- it was that obvious. And he kept spreading his legs everytime she moved the wand, it made her laugh -- not camera shy, that one. And we FINALLY got some cute pics where his face/head looks round & baby-like. Super cute. The tech said the head was measuring at 17+3 (one week ahead)...I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

oh congrats Mercy on your baby boy!!!!! how lovely :thumbup::thumbup:
I love how he was showing off his goods, my girl wasnt shy either :haha:

Girls, I am off to Toronto for a few days for work so may not be on as much
talk soon
:hugs:

Just checking in, still at mums so can't reply to all, only to say my chip nutty wasn't actually that great!!!!!!! Chips were dry, yuk! Sorry fir starting the debate lol.

Mercy, you're s cheater!!!!!! Now I want a private scan! Boo hoo! Congrats on it being a boy though, eeek i'm soooo excited!!!

MrsG, yes, I'm a total cheater! :haha::haha: Really, I could've waited for the 28th, that level 3 u/s with the genetic team -- BUT... Paul can't make it b/c of work, and he couldn't make the last, regular u/s. So, I thought this would be a nice treat for him (& I'm always happy to see the bub). It was so worth it -- Paul was so overwhelmed and happy! And it's amazing to see the :baby: just squirming around in there.

:happydance::happydance: many congrats mercy! Another boy on the thread!! it's insane when you see the budlings squirming around - feels so surreal!!! x x

mrs-g - i am truely gutted your chipp butty wasn't what it was cracked up to be :( next time, it'll hit the spot ;) x x

britt - see you when you get back - take it easy x x

dilly - you spoilt lady! How exciting! enjoy your fine dining this evening, and do update in the morning!!

hope everyone's chillaxin nicely, boo for the weekend being nearly over....

much love x x x

oh congrats on team :blue: mercy - little boys are lovely! :cloud9:

As for your measurements, I wouldn't pay too much notice of them, they all have spurts at different times. I was always measuring big (scans and bumps) and was told I was going to have a big baby. So imagine my surprise when they brought me round from the anaesthetic and handed me a shaved baby rhesus monkey! I was expecting a tiny buddha!

Congrats Mercy! I was 2 for 2. Now I'm 2 for 3. I can't remember if you mentioned thoughts on names. What are you thinking?

afm - was supposed to be working 8-5 today but my spd kicked in majorly last night (boo!!!) and by 0500 I was getting the hint that sleep wasn't exactly going to happen so had to call in sick. I bloody hate being off as I'm not ILL. But an hour and a half's sleep just wasn't gonna cut it! I have had a pelvic brace on today which helps but the velcro itches like hell so have taken it off for a bit. Grrr!!!

Oh well - one more sleep til we see Tiger!!!

:pink: or :blue: .....

DM, that was a hilarious description of your baby :haha:
What's SPD? Looking forward to hearing about your scan tomorrow!

maxxi, we're thinking Cannon, maybe Raleigh. Are those too weird? I had a great girl's name (Eleanor), but wanted a boy, for which I have no strong name desires. Oh, and we're telling NO ONE what we're even considering for a name -- they'll know when he pops out!!

spd also known as pgp - basically your pelvis softens while youre pregnant so it can be more flexible for birth. sometimes it softens too much and it all grinds together causing sharp lowe back pains. it is extremely joyfull.... :dohh:

And as for my shaved baby rhesus monkey - I think you'll find the description accurate.... :rofl:

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/Hessoootiny2daysold.jpg

Although at the time I thought there was no more beautiful child in the whole wide world. My dad said he looked like a skinned rabbit! :haha:

Oh Mercy HUGE congrats on finding out you are having a boy!!! Wish they would make up their mind for your EDD tho!!!

Thanks girls...how exciting that it is LO that i can feel..... baba is poppping away as i type... haha!!!

Have a good work trip Britt.... see you when you get back.

DM I think he's gorgeous! Good luck for the scan tomorrow.

Thanks MrsF... just sitting and waiting to see what OH has planned... will let you know!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend xxx

oh and while I'm in a sharing mood, my 20 week bump.... and I thought I was smiling so no idea why I look so cross!

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/DSC01401.jpg

Thanks Dills. He was such a lovely little baby. He's still a lovely little thing actually. Still my baby!

Thanks for your advice on my pains ladies, feeling much more settled now and learning to just ignore them a bit more and not stress.

Britt - I really wish my boobs had changed! I call it Sod's Law that I am a typical british pear (small boobs, big bum) and now that I am pregnant, the boobs have stayed the same size and the ass has got bigger!!! Enjoy your work trip, see you soon!

maxxi - I am really tired all the time! At the moment I have a nap when i get in from work and that keeps me going til about 10 when I crash! poor you with your cervix, I'm not sure what that will mean for you for bedrest to be honest but hope you can keep going a bit past 28 weeks.

awwww Mercy, congrats on a little boy!!! How lovely that everyone seems to be getting what they wish for! Have lots of fun now choosing names!

DM - have fun at your scan today, cant wait to hear the results!

All the forum talk did make me giggle a little. I am staying out of first tri these days as it is all scare stories and just makes me more nervous than I already am! I am considering wearing only hemp clothes, drinking triple filtered water and eating nuts and berries gathered from hedgerows for the rest of my pregnancy though - just to be on the safe side yanno??! :p

:wave: ladies

Hope you have all had a wonderful weekend.

Mercy - HUGE congras on team blue... wonderful news!

I have my scan later in the week and feel very nervous - nothing feels very real at the moment. Did you guys feel like that before your first scan? I did my CB Digi at the weekend and got a 3+ in less than a minute but i'm just worrying (probably uncessarily).

Hope you all get spoilt rotten since it's Valentines! :dust:

mercy congratulations on your scan :happydance:

rachelle congrats on 6 weeks!! :happydance: I'm feeling really nervous for tomorrow, i'm just so scared they're gonna tell me no hb or no baby at all, can't wait to get today out of the way!!

hope evertone had a good wknd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"