Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Best of luck for tomorrow sunshine... now lets have a bet... 1 or 2?! :wohoo:

mercy congrats on a boy :hugs:

chip butty....... hmmmmm now I've read all that I really want one! Had a crisp (wotsit) butty last night :thumbup:

who's up for what next I can hardly keep up!

Hi All - I hope everyone is doing really well? I spoke waaaaayyyy too soon about feeling good, I feel really bad about complaining about pregnancy given how much effort its taken each and every one of us to get here, but this pregnancy has been so so hard. I am still throwing up every day and the nausea is overwhelming. I can't take the wonder drug zofran because it gives me wicked constipation (think hosptial and tubes up places you don't want them bad). I have dislocated ribs, and now a dislocated SI joint - I am so scared I am going to lose my job - I have to teach today and I can't even stand up straight! Anyways, its off to the physio for me now and hopefully he can help a bit.

Sorry about the whine, just needed to vent.

Z
xx

we're team pink. am at work so more later but she's perfect :cloud9:

:yipee: Dragon Mummy! Lovely news... oooh imagine the shopping trips! :dust:

Zee... you poor thing, think you can have a well deserved rant. Sounds agonising!

DragonMummy - awww congrats on team pink :)

zee - sorry you're feeling so bad, sounds right nasty - is there anything they can do to help? :(

DM, congratulations on your tiny pink star! :cloud9: That's super sweet. What a lovely Valentine's day present!

zee, complain anytime! what dreadful symptoms, sounds painful.

British pear! :haha::haha: That's hilarious, MarsMaiden!

Okay, ahbon, you need to tell me what a crisp butty is! (I know crisps = chips & chips = fries, but a crisp butty?!)

crisp sandwich... my sister was always partial to crisps in her sandwich with cheese and salad cream!! :sick:

OH wonderful news DM.... so happy for you a little Tigeress!!!

Good luck for your scan tomorrow Sunshine... I remember that feeling excitement mixed with anxiety.... will be thinking of you x

ZeeZee sorry to hear you are having such a rough time.... oh please do rant away.... I do hope things get better for you

xx

mercyme - a crisp butty is a couple of slices of bread buttered then you open a packet of crisps (yeah chips in america) and put them on one slice then put the other slice on the top...... it's great with cheese or salt and vinegar crisps :)

DM - congrats! Did you think of names? And your little newnorn Harry was so cute. I'm sure he still is.

Mercy - those names are different, not weird. My husband's family lives in North Carolina so that's the first thing I think of when I hear Raleigh (and not good connotations mind you!) but I like that name the best. I wouldn't tell anyone either. Everyone will have their two cents to give you.

Sunshine and Rachel - I expect to be told every scan that something is wrong. I know you'll feel very relieved after those first scans though.

Mars - Sometimes I think I go through part of the day half asleep. It can get me depressed sometimes too :nope:

Zee - please keep complaining. I'm tired of being the only one who complains. I don't think people are listening anymore either. And even though it took you (and all of us) a long time to get to where we are if it sucks it sucks!

I may be next. My amnio is a week from Wednesday and they'll be telling me what I'm having when the test results come back. I think the first results come back within two to three days. If anyone else is going before let me know.

Maxxi we like Sophie or Poppy I think. I will give DH a full on assault for names later!

Mercy - those names are different, not weird. My husband's family lives in North Carolina so that's the first thing I think of when I hear Raleigh (and not good connotations mind you!) but I like that name the best. I wouldn't tell anyone either. Everyone will have their two cents to give you.

Thanks, maxxi. Actually, Raleigh is where we used to live & where my family still lives. It's where we met. So, there's that. Also, Sir Walter Raleigh is awesome -- he brought the potato to Ireland! and he led a thrilling, adventerous life (although a sticky end)!

Hope the amnio results are fine. If my quad screen comes back worrisome, then I'll get an amnio, too. I just want to be prepared.

Dragon - like both those names.

Mercy - my first set of screening results came back ok but I'm still strongly encouraged to get the amnio. I'll be gald when it's over that's for sure.

Congrats on baby girl dragonmum lovely names too

Zee u sound like you're having a pretty awful pregnancy, maybe I should stop wishing morning sickness on myself!!

Am home now. And here is my little Tiger

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/DSC01404.jpg

Her lovely little profile - just like her big brother

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/DSC01403.jpg

And my favourite - her tiny footprint :D

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/DSC01405.jpg

Many congratulations DM :happydance::happydance::happydance:!!! And you brought the balance back - 2 a piece!! x x x and what a beautiful photo of you and Harry-the-monkey-rabbit ;) he looks adorable hun!

Zee - :hugs: feel free to come and rant anytime hun - i think we all totally understand the guilt thing when we are having a rough time but then think of how long it's taken :hugs: no-one judges you in here hun. I do hope you feel more chipper soon. Have I read right that you're a teacher? The school can't sack you hun, as all pregnancy related stuff can't go down as sick. The only thing they could do (and they might not even do this) is ask you to go on mat leave a wee bit early. I hope that hasn't caused you worry or anxiety, but i wanted to reassure you that they legally can't sack you. If you're worried, speak to your union rep, or go straight to union office if it's easier. bless you hun, thinking of you x x x

eek - i forgotten where i got up to!!!

Mars - lol! i have the opposite problem, huge BB's but no bum, and now my bb's are even bigger (didn't think it was possible) and still no butt - i look like (tries to think of a fruit to continue the theme) an upside down avocado....

hi abhon and mrs s - haven't seen you for a while, hope you're both well x x x

well, another one born every minute tonight - will be relieved when it's over - i just can't turn it off when it's on - still going through the desensitisation process!!!

much love senoras, x x x x

gorgeous scan piccies DM!!! loving the foot!!! x x x

zeezee - please forgive me, i've just realised you're in the states - ignore what i've written, i'm guessing your school laws are slightly different to ours over here, so sorry hun if i offended or worried you hun. I still can't see them legally being allowed to sack you for pregnancy related things bud. is there anyone you can chat too about it to help put your mind at ease? x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->