Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Oh my god, I've missed so much!

Congrats on team pink DM. One of each, that's a nice balance and I love the name poppy!

Good luck on your early scans, I thought I was making it all up! Still thinking that now actually, just hope baby is still there otherwise I am very fat.

I still can't feel anything, not too sure if I'm worried or not, trying not, according to my ivf dates I was only 16 weeks yesterday so still early days I suppose.

Off to work now x have a good day everyone x

oh dammit! I type out a whole response and then lose it?? OK the quick version is:

Good luck for your scan today MrsS, look forward to hearing your news later!

Congrats on team pink DM, how lovely that Harry gets a little sister. The footprint pic made me totally melt!

Zee - so sorry you're feeling so rough hon, hope you feel better soon and that work are understanding

Waves and hugs for anyone I've missed!

I'm off for my first midwife appointment at lunchtime so gathering together my list of questions. not expecting too much but it will just be nice to do something baby related!

DragonMummy - fab pic of your little one and the scan pics are great! :hugs: Poppy is my mum's nickname, I think it's a lovely name! You look a lot younger than I'd imagined you too - how old are you?

MrsF - yeah sorry all well here - hubby still so frightened of everything going wrong whilst I'm trying to stay calm and keep positive :) My mum said I'm starting to get that pregnant shaped belly - which is nice after her comment at 12wks of 'wow look at the belly on you!' remark!

zee - hope you are feeling better today :hugs:

MrsG - I thought you couldn't feel anything (i.e. kicks) until about 18-20wks. We are meant to be able to feel 'flutters' from about 10wks onwards but most don't recognise this unless they've felt it before from what I've read. I've not felt anything but I bought a doppler to listen occasionally (although can't tell which one I'm hearing).

MarsMaiden - hope your appointment with the midwife goes ok - should be mostly filling out forms and checking your medical history if it's anything like mine - mainly was nice to meet her to know there is a contact person in case of worry. Ours then booked our next appointment for 16wks as they then try and listen to the heartbeats - our is on the same day as our 16wk scan so we'll have seen the little ones in the morning anyway :happydance:

maxxiandniko - just heard from one lady here in the uk, few years older than me, had her nuchal measurements on the twins (which were 1.4 and 1.8mm) at 1 in 1000 on each twin. Also she wasn't adviced to do a amnio as considered low risk. Try not to worry too much :hugs:

Mercy - I like the names Cannon and Rayleigh, not heard of them before. My grandad lived in Rayleigh in Essex.

:hugs: to all - off to nibble now as starting to feel sick again already :growlmad:

Thanks, ahbon! I'm 30, almost 31. I find taking on a layer of chub to the face irons out the wrinkles :rofl:

Helloo all...

Just had my 16w Midwife appt... all good....got to hear baba nice and loud on the doppler...so cool!

All good, I did have a nosebleed this morning which is apparently normal, everything else seems ok, so next step the 20w scan!

Hope everyone is well...

Hope midwife appt goes well Mars, they spent around an hour with me at my first appt and went through loads....

Good luck with the scan Sunshine.

I braved OBEM last night MrsF... not sure if it was a good or bad decision, am sure one of the midwives looked liked she was smirking at all the comments!!!!

Yay - glad mw appointment went well Dilly and that you got to hear baby!

My appointment was yawnsville!! masses of form filling and she took some blood tests. AS you say ahbon, nice to meet her at least and she is referring me now to the consultant for the twins and I have to just wait now for my date for 12 weeks scan. have to have all the antenatal screening again despite having it all before the fertility tx - this will be my second HIV and I think my third or fourth chlamydia test - the lab techs are gonna think either im incredibly promiscuous or incredibly stupid!! :p

Yeah ha ha mars, I think I've argued with the fertility clinic and midwife over testing, what a waste of bloody Nhs money, I have an HIV test prior to tx in October and they make you have another one 2 months later!!!! Are they stupid or what? I've nit touched a drop of alcohol (or had sex at that point!) yet they think we're sleeping around having unprotected sex!!! It made me quite mad!

Dilly did you say you were feeling flutters? I want to feel my baby so much!!! All this waiting! I'm not bothered about birth though, quite happy to be pregnant and enjoy, I already feel the connection but without dirty nappies and sleepless nights, I'm more than happy to wait 5 months for that, I just want to have a bigger bump and feel some movement, oh well, just 3 more weeks to wait. X

Dilly did you say you were feeling flutters? I want to feel my baby so much!!! All this waiting! I'm not bothered about birth though, quite happy to be pregnant and enjoy, I already feel the connection but without dirty vapours and sleepless nights, I'm more than happy to wait 5 months for that, I just want to have a bigger bump and feel some movement, oh well, just 3 more weeks to wait. X

I am.... It is hard to describe them, but happening every day since about a week ago, like a flicking/ popping sensation almost on my knicker line.... I wasn't sure at first but its happening a few times every day and getting stronger... I have to say it always makes me smile..... when ever i feel it i chat to Baba... things like...oooh hello..... yes i can feel you in there!!!!

I am sure it won't be long for you now xxx

MrsG - I'm a week behind you and I haven't felt a thing. Not even anything that I could trick myself into thinking is a flutter. They say with twins too that you should feel things earlier but no such luck.

My belly was rumbling a lot this morning, does that count?

LOL, MrsG :haha:
I *think* I'm feeling flutters & little bumps -- but since I don't know what it's supposed to feel like, I can't be sure.

Baby's an onion today! :happydance:

I'm definately not feeling anything down there other than stretching pains and wind haha

hey girls,
I'm back....!!:happydance: what a grueling trip and I was so sick the entire time with this really bad cold. Very happy to be back to say the least.
Anyway, I did write a post while I was gone but stupid BNB had problems with their site and it kicked me off.
I have to make this short because I am so exhausted, sorry cant remember everything I read but I know DM is team pink :happydance::happydance:
oh my gosh, I cant believe we are due the same day and having girl babies...we are definite bump buddies :hugs:
I love both names Sophie and Poppy
I will tell you ladies a story when I have more energy about the name we have for our girl, its a good one :winkwink:

also LO was very active yesterday and I got to even monitor her on one of our fetal monitors, it detected her fetal movement, tons of lines...very active little baby, we only did it for less than 5 minutes because she literally kicked my tummy so hard where the u/s was lol... She hates u/s, she definitely has a personality already :rofl:

hope you ladies are doing well, everyone is so far along now :hugs:
I felt intermittent movement as early as 14 weeks but sometimes I wouldnt feel movement for 4 or 5 days in between. Now I feel daily movement but yesterday she was 10 times more active than today

:hugs:

mrssunshine - Haven't heard back from you yet! How was your scan?

I have suddenly exploded this morning. Have been really conscious of my uterus in my belly the last few days, can really feel it when I lay on my side at night and this morning I woke up and just couldnt believe the size of my belly! It's bigger than it normally is by the end of the day and I really struggled to do my trousers up! I'm only 11 weeks - I'm gonna be hugeeeeeee!!!!

mrssunshine - Haven't heard back from you yet! How was your scan?

I have suddenly exploded this morning. Have been really conscious of my uterus in my belly the last few days, can really feel it when I lay on my side at night and this morning I woke up and just couldnt believe the size of my belly! It's bigger than it normally is by the end of the day and I really struggled to do my trousers up! I'm only 11 weeks - I'm gonna be hugeeeeeee!!!!

you are having twinnies hon, you are going to get big but it will be so cute :hugs:
I was very bloated and big at 11/12 weeks than I actually got smaller until about 15 or 16 weeks- I think because your hormones decrease after 12 weeks when the placenta takes over. It freaked me out at first.
how is everyone today?

DM we are bananas today!!! :happydance:
off for my 4 week check up, lets see how much weight I have gained :haha:

Wasn't good news I'm afraid, sac was only right size for 5 wks, there was no heartbeat and no fetal pole. Have to go again next Tuesday but looks like it's all over for me :cry::cry:

oh no Mrs S, :cry: I had no idea, I am devestated for you.
how far along are you?
they wouldnt do a scan for me until I was almost 7 weeks because they said it can take awhile for the HR to show up and they dont like to cause stress unnecessarily.
praying bubs pulls through :hugs:

Big :hugs: Mrs S xxx

:wave: ladies... Scan today (6+3) and we have our own little alien invasion going on... 1 lovely little bambino and a bright flickering heartbeat. Feel relieved and thrilled... oh and a tad out of pocket, boy do they charge for the scans at The Lister!! We have another private scan booked for 9 weeks and we are seeing our GP Tuesday to register the birth!

Those of you in the UK, when you register what do they do and how long did it take to get a date for your 12 week scan?

Big hugs... i'm off to float on :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->