Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

max congrats on team :blue: :blue: - little boys are LOVELY!!! Mine loves his mummy soooo much. theyre much more dependant and cuddly than girls.

britt thanks for posting that - am all good and home now. trying to catch up on stuff at home as the house is a pit and I foolishly left my ebay stuff lying around, only to find Harry dressed in (too small) listed clothes when he visited me yesterday :rofl: QUICK WASH!!!!

oh thats too cute and funny :rofl:
glad you are okay and feeling better :hugs:

How are the rest of our lovely mommies?

Happy 22 weeks DM!

Dragon - I'm glad you're feeling better. And yes that was adorable of your little Harry! I'm adjusting to the thought of two boys and stories like that help!

Mars - I like Dragon's idea.

Back at work today and people are now asking if I'm pregnant. Can't hide it anymore. We're going away skiing this weekend (well sadly I'm not skiing). I'll try to check in.

Hi to everyone else!

Sunshine -I hope you're hanging in there ok. Tuesday's almost here.

so going skiing but not skiing - that's just "hanging around in the chuffing cold" isn't it? :rofl:

Britt I cannot believe we're 22 weeks already! is your Little Miss breakdancing yet? omg mine is SUCH a fidget - waaaay more than Harry every was!

Have fun skiing Maxxi!! glad people are really starting to notice you showing. I am really showing in the last week and a half, its funny how you go from "is she or isnt she" to oh my gosh make room for that preggo woman!! ha ha

I know I cant believe it either, yes my LO is definitely VERY active. She really gets excited with lots of noise. I was at a conference and also a sales meeting where it was super loud and she went crazy. Today its just been random kicks, but she did get me up in the morning....so cute :cloud9:
I have heard that little girls are more active than boys, not sure if thats a wives tale
:hugs:

Well she was definately lazier up til now. When I had my 12 week scan with Harry they couldn't keep him still, he was bouncing around like a lunatic, whereas Tiger just squirmed and cringed! But now she has these mad flurries especially after I eat! I can see my tummy moving which I didn't see til third tri with H and M felt her kick already, again was about 28 weeks with H. She's a livewire! Hope that changes when she's born. Harry was such a laid back little boy, I don't know how i'll cope with a nutter!

DM - hope you're feeling better hun - was shocked to read you've been in hospital x x x

max - more team blue! Many congratulations hun :) x x x

raf-wife - i had loads of negatives with this cycle - the little man was holding out til the official date, he was not gonna let me know he was in there til the last possible minute!!! x x x

hello everyone else :thumbup:

not much to report my end - been busy doing odd jobs and catching up with friends. My little man is getting more active and thumping around - i can now feel him above my belly button so he's definitely getting bigger!!!! am really looking forward to him arriving, i really am wishing the pregnancy away so i can meet him!!!!!

have we got any scans coming up? i;ve got a growth scan in a few weeks - it's an additional one the hospital give if you've had ivf. and then i've got another one around 34 weeks to see if the placenta has moved away from the birth canal.

x x x x x x

Oooh Mrs F do they give you an extra scan for IVF? :yipee:

I've got a 9 week scan but that's just because i was too impantient to wait for my 12/13 week scan plus i wanted to make sure all was okay... such a worrier!!

Hope you all have something good planned for the weekend - i shall mainly be sleeping with a spot of eating and housework thrown in for good measure :haha:

I love hearing all your stories about babies movement.. i sit here counting the weeks on my fingers so that i have a rough guestimate of when i might start feeling it all :hugs:

maxxi - boo that they couldnt do the amnio but good that they are playing it safe. I can't believe you know the sex already - not fair!! How many weeks are you now?

DM - sorry to hear you were in hospital but glad to hear that all is well now and that baby is being so active for you! hopefully she'll have run out of energy by the time she's born!

No chance of getting my scan date changed despite begging the midwife, the booking lady and the head sonographer! As I need a double appointment that is just the soonest they can get me in. I will phone for cancellations but I am thinking there will be a slim chance of two appointments being cancelled together to free up a double slot plus DH needs a bit of warning to get the time off work. Trying to relax about it and at least at almost 14 weeks, it should be a really nice scan.

Going to concentrate on getting the bathroom finished in the meantime, flushing toilet should be reinstated by the end of the day (have been using buckets up and down the stairs for two weeks!!) and we should be able to start doing the prep for all the decoration. I may even have a shower back by the weekend so no more going round to the in laws for a wash! Hurrah!

Oooh Mrs F do they give you an extra scan for IVF? :yipee:

I've got a 9 week scan but that's just because i was too impantient to wait for my 12/13 week scan plus i wanted to make sure all was okay... such a worrier!!

Oh don't get excited lovely.... no extra scan for us at Kingston, we just have to see the consultant for a once over!

Am also having a lazy one... lemme know if you fancy meeting for coffee in Surbs on sat???

DM....So glad you are ok xx

M+N...BOYS how lovely xx

My Little one if having a proper party in there today....maybe the crumpets I had for brekkie set something off!

Xxx

Aw that sucks Dilly and Rach :( i wonder if that's just a local thing up here? x x x

Aw that sucks Dilly and Rach :( i wonder if that's just a local thing up here? x x x

Ohh maybe.... when is your next one MrsF? How are you feeling now??

I have my anomaly scan in just over 2 weeks.... can't wait to see the little cherub again...!

Well she was definately lazier up til now. When I had my 12 week scan with Harry they couldn't keep him still, he was bouncing around like a lunatic, whereas Tiger just squirmed and cringed! But now she has these mad flurries especially after I eat! I can see my tummy moving which I didn't see til third tri with H and M felt her kick already, again was about 28 weeks with H. She's a livewire! Hope that changes when she's born. Harry was such a laid back little boy, I don't know how i'll cope with a nutter!
:haha:you crack me up DM, I am sure she wont be a nutter :rofl: just a very active healthy little baby. My DH felt LO kick for the first time too, was awesome, he was so excited.
I felt bad at about 4am last night I got an excruiating leg cramp and I screamed and woke up LO. ahhh, felt bad...
maxxi - boo that they couldnt do the amnio but good that they are playing it safe. I can't believe you know the sex already - not fair!! How many weeks are you now?

DM - sorry to hear you were in hospital but glad to hear that all is well now and that baby is being so active for you! hopefully she'll have run out of energy by the time she's born!

No chance of getting my scan date changed despite begging the midwife, the booking lady and the head sonographer! As I need a double appointment that is just the soonest they can get me in. I will phone for cancellations but I am thinking there will be a slim chance of two appointments being cancelled together to free up a double slot plus DH needs a bit of warning to get the time off work. Trying to relax about it and at least at almost 14 weeks, it should be a really nice scan.

Going to concentrate on getting the bathroom finished in the meantime, flushing toilet should be reinstated by the end of the day (have been using buckets up and down the stairs for two weeks!!) and we should be able to start doing the prep for all the decoration. I may even have a shower back by the weekend so no more going round to the in laws for a wash! Hurrah!

sorry to hear that you were not able to get an early scan but if there was any risk in not getting the results you need they would bump it up. I am sure your original days will be fine.

as far as scans, in Canada we only get 6/7 week (if you are high risk or there is a need) than 12 week is standard and then an 18 week anomoly scan, after that, thats it unless there is a clinical need.
DH and I have decided to pay for a private 4D u/s at 27 weeks, we get to see LO's face and watch her move for 30 minutes, we get a DVD at the end of it too, all for $200. So in my opinion its worth it

Dragon - that's exactly what's going on up here - sitting around in the cold. That and getting calls from my husband telling me how awesome his run was.

Britt - I've popped for sure. I think I told you one time that I wanted to ski at Banff. Hopefully next year when I can travel.

Mars - I had a scan prior to the amnio and the sonographer gave me her guesses. She was pretty certain with one and mostly certain with the other. I'm only 16 weeks so it's not 100%. If they can do the amnio next week then I'll know for sure as it's included in the results.

Still no real movement for me. A couple of things that make me think movement but still not totally sure. But I'm going to be huge :-(

Max you need to get a ticker, woman. I have NO idea how far along you are so can't guess when you might feel movement! :rofl:

And good of your husband to tell you how much fun he's having... he could at least tell you it's all a bit crap and you're not missing much :dohh:

AFM - bit worried as am still REALLY breathless, even just doing the most simple of things. I put a load of washing in earlier, moved the clean stuff to the tumble drier and folded the dry stuff. That had me on the sofa panting for 10 minutes, dizzy and having to lay down for an hour to recover. I'm overweight I admit but I am not massive. At 22 weeks I am 12 stone 12lbs (or 180lbs) which I know is over what i should be but I am not morbidly obese or anything. And i am no less fit than i was when I was carrying Harry. So I am just hoping that everything has just pushed up into my diaphragm and i will get my puff back soon.

well Maxxi, you wouldnt have wanted to come up here this winter anyway, freakin really cold, worst winter I remember in a long time. I am actually heading to Banff next week for business though yeah :thumbup:
yes you need a ticker!! if you are feeling little flutters it is the babies, thats how it started with me, now its full fledged kicks.

DM- I am short of breath big time and I havent gained that much, it could be how LO is sitting. maybe higher up pushing on your diaphragm. I think she is sitting high up for me

Thanks britt - that makes me feel much better! My bump IS really high, when i was examined this week they pointed out where my stomach is at the moment - I was like "err.... that's my ribs...."

So maybe it's nothing. Still.... when you have various medical professionals using the phrase "cause of death" and "you could die" enough times, you start to shite your pants unreasonably.....

Dragon - just keep the doctors informed because you don't want the breathlessness to be from another embolus. Did they put you on anything for prophylaxis? Did they have to heparinize you? Once I figure out how to get a ticker I'll do it. I think it needs to be done off of my laptop. I'm a little over 16 weeks. The ski conditions were rough yesterday. Snowing all day long and lots of powder which he doesn't like. We'll see how many updates I get today.

Britt - Banff must be gorgeous. We were in Montana over the summer and it was beautiful. We usually ski in Wyoming. Luckily I have a friend here in Vermont so I have something to do during the day.

How's everyone else doing?

Don't ask me where that lightbulb icon at the beginning of my post came from

it's a nice lightbulb....

i had a VQ scan and they said no PE so all clear - I think it's just little one being a pest!

Glad you're both ok DM.

Well I'm off work now for a week although first day not been great, oh breaks up in half hour then hopefully we can relax, not going abroad because I'm a poor flyer at best of times and really don't want to do anything to harm my baby, so just off to stay with parents for a few days then off to see a show in London, got a busy but chilled out week planned so I'm hoping I might get a little flutter this week.

I can't remember who asked but I could hear baby's heartbeat, it says not to do it more than once every two to three days so I'm gonna take it with me and let my mum hear, as long as I can find it again!!!

Less than two weeks to go now till scan, only 4 days after my holiday, can't wait, toying with idea that it might be nice to have a surprise on the day but i dint think I can resist!!!

Mrs G another one that needs a ticker :rofl:

I didn't hear Tiger til I was 15+2..... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"