Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

I'm back from the amnio. What a day. My husband postponed his business trip last week to this week because of the amnio which of course they didn't do last week so he's been away since yesterday. I therefore had to pack the dogs up and take them to their babysitter since I'm not going to be able to take care of them for a few days and my husband won't be back till Friday night. Well Niko the older dog absolutely hates the car. The ride out to the sitter is about an hour and Niko not only screamed the entire way he also crapped in the backseat! I had to ride for an hour with that. We've tried everything with him in the past to help calm him down - Ativan, Xanax, Benadryl - and nothing works. After I dropped them off I had to go to the store to buy paper towels and a spray since I figured that the valet parkers at the hospital would refuse to park the car smelling like it did. Then I had the amnio which hurt and I had to get the needle twice. Now I'm home peeing green from the dye and cramping a little. I'm told to lie around and do nothing for 24 hrs. I'm supposed to get complete results in 10 days. The twins looked cute though.

I've been having vivid dreams too. And I'd offer my bra but most girls last saw an A cup when the were preteens.

Hope you're feeling better Mercy :hugs:. Better Xanax than killing a student I say!

Mars - excited to hear about your scan tomorrow!

Dragon - we had restaurant here in the city where the owner/head chef made and sold cheese made from his wife's breast milk. Well the Dept of Health wasn't happy and they got plenty of weirdos with all sorts of fetishes showing up at the restaurant and so thankfully they stopped with that non-sense. Disgusting!

MrsF - where are you going on holiday? I'm jealous. I can't travel :nope:

oh sweet JESUS Max, thats gross! Of course he was going to attract weirdos! Althoug the one over here was in a posh part of London I think so it attracted a load of upper middle class wannabe hippies. You know the type - environmental hypocrite mummy who cloth bots and bf's til theyre 12 but drives a high spec car with the fuel consumption of an artic lorry and who's pram cost about as much as my monthly mortgage outgoing :rofl:

oh sweet JESUS Max, thats gross! Of course he was going to attract weirdos! Althoug the one over here was in a posh part of London I think so it attracted a load of upper middle class wannabe hippies. You know the type - environmental hypocrite mummy who cloth bots and bf's til theyre 12 but drives a high spec car with the fuel consumption of an artic lorry and who's pram cost about as much as my monthly mortgage outgoing :rofl:

Perfect description!

maxxi - glad that they managed to do the amnio this time but blimey what a day of it you had!! Will you find out if you're def carrying two boys in the results too?

Had my scan today and all went well! There are actual babies in my belly!! One of the twins wouldn't cooperate at all and just kept wiggling out of position so took a while to get the measurements but we got there in the end! One twin measured 77.5mm and the other 73.7mm which the nurse seemed to think was big! One of the nuchals is bigger than I'd like at 2.4mm but the nurse didnt seem to think there was anything to worry about so will just hope that it all comes back OK.

Was so amazing to see them and such a relief to know that they are both still there and doing OK. Bizarrely I kinda thought today would make it all seem more real but it is still totally surreal! I am actually pregnant, our dreams actually came true - maybe if I keep telling myself that it will sink in at some point!

Mars - I'm glad the babies look like babies now! Mine looked cute up until they started the amnio and I lost all interest and focused on not passing out. They'll include the sexes in the final report. 2 different techs were positive with one and mostly positive with the other so we'll see. I'm still not fully believing that I'm pregnant either. I don't really feel any movement yet and I think once I get the all clear from the amnio I think I'll feel more like this is happening.

yeah Mars!! Congrats on the scan, glad you had a great view on the twinnies. I cant believe both you and Maxxi are having twins! :thumbup:
Maxxi, I hope you are relaxing from your amnio, poor thing that must have been very hard. It will be interesting to see if they are both in fact boys.

Happy 23 weeks to us DM!!!! :happydance:

I have to say I am not having a good morning, I usually feel LO tons throughout the night and especially right now, but so far nothing. I am sure I am just being paranoid

:hugs:

Thanks Britt! I am spending the day in bed. Not used to doing that though but I'm glad to be out of work. I'm sure everything's ok with your LO. I think that some days are quieter than others and you don't start counting kicks till 28 weeks because of the unpredictability. Call your doc if you need him/her to make you feel better. Just wait till I get to that point. I'll be a constant wreck. But I really think everything's ok.

thanks hon, I spoke too soon, just as DH was about to leave she gave me some good hoofs finally!! He got to feel her too, so happy am on cloud 9 now

enjoy your bed day!
hugs,

DM - i'll send them to you after hun ;) thanks abhon for the suggestion, will check it out x x x

maxxi - what a shitty day hun, but pleased your now taking it easy x x x

mars and maxxi - must be so amazing to see two miracles in there :happydance: x x x

heading to hawaii maxxi - we booked it last june as we didn't think we'd be doing ivf for a while longer, let alone ever think it would ever work for us! thank god we were wrong! am very much looking forward to two weeks in the sun lounging. It's whale birthing-watching season, lol, i have a feeling that people will be watching me thinking i'm the whale at this rate!!!

britt - it must be a 23 week thing! I was thinking the exact same thing that harry had gone very quiet yesterday and today. Have had a few short sharp kickings though, but he's not as active as he has been - thanks for the 28 week tip maxxi - i did wonder at what point there "routine" kicks in (if you pardon the pun)

having a takeaway tonight - indian. Have been eating salad and fruit religiously for the past two weeks and facny a reward! (although my two cheeseburgers from mcd's did hit the spot en route to yoga last night :blush: - you ladies are a baaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddd influence, shame on you ;))

TFI nearly the weekend! much love x x x x

Britt, Tiger has been a bit quieter for the last few days but today has been kicking 7 shades out of me! She's awake at the moment and kicking away. She's still laying sideways as I am getting all of my kicks on my left, still quite low - well below my belly button.

Long day today. Went into London with a friend from here who is LTTTC as she was having a private viability scan and her DH couldn't make it. This is her 6th preg in 18 months and although the sac was about right for her dates, she is fairly sure this one is going to go the same way too. It's so desperately frustrating when you see someone so MEANT to be a mother and she's just not being given the chance by her wretched body. She's a bloody inspiration though - so brave and fiercely determined. She puts others to shame. Very inspirational.

I wore my brace today as we were in town for a while so I didn't want my bloody pelvis to dissolve. It held up pretty well but i had to take the brace off on the train home. Just too uncomfortable and Tiger HATES it! Can't say I blame her....

m and n and MM - so glad you got to see them both - it's wierd to think there are two in there eh - I'm still not used to it even with all the scans I've had (6 or 7 now :thumbup: )

Britt, Mrs F and DM - it must be so amazing to actually feel them - the midwife said that should be my next big thing then to get to the 25wks.. you two are so nearly there! Are you more relaxed or still worrying at that stage?

Mrs F - ooooo luck you for a holiday :happydance:

Will be seeing family this weekend - my cousin can't wait to see me 'duffed up' :haha: Next week got Crufts so seeing all my mums mates (she's a dog breeder) so it's kind of the first times that people will see I'm pregnant...:happydance:

Have a good day all :hugs:

I'm pretty relaxed now, Ahbon. I was reading up on preemie stats yesterday and theyre actually really reassuring. Survivial rate is something like 20-35% at 23 weeks. 24-25 weeks it goes up to 50-70% survival, then at 26-27 weeks survival rate is 90%.

I found that pretty comforting.

As for the kicking, it won't be long! I had a bit of fluttering and split second twitches and flinches for a few weeks - blink and you miss it type things. Then suddenly the kicking started and OMG it ain't gradual! She just suddenly started booting the crap out of me for hours! It's lovely. I especially like it when I'm awake in the small hours and she's kicking my hand.

DH still claims he can't feel it. Am starting to suspect he has no nerves in his hand, which would explain a lot :rofl:

bearing in mind I have actually seen her kick my tummy so hard it makes his hand move. Yet he can't feel it :dohh:

you are so right DM it goes from these little tickle flutters to all of a sudden over night, that was a kick and the flutters disappear and its kicks from now on! I love it too, I wonder a lot what she is doing in there :) On April 1st we get to see 30 minutes of video from her, cant wait.

Actually Ahbon, I am more relaxed on one end but also a bit more paranoid on the other, now that this is a full fledged baby and I am so big it scares me to think if something happend. The night before and yesterday morning I didnt feel her, I was in tears and then eleated when I felt her kick finally.

I am not sure the worrying ever stops.

I cant believe you are 16 weeks now with your twins, how are you feeling?

My friend had girl/boy IVF twins, they are so freakin cute!! they love eachother and have to sleep together and hang out together constantly- ahh the twin bond hey.

Awwww! I was really hoping I might get Clomid twins but having one of each now is more than enough to make me happy! If we decide to try for #3 I don't think I am going to bother buggering about, just go straight to a private clinic and stock right up on the old clomiphene!

abhon - i'm more relaxed about things that i was worried about before (like no heartbeat at the beginning, no sac, limbs missing before scan, etc), but now i have other worries! Labour being one of them! But in all seriousness i now worry about the things they can't see. I'm a born worrier, so that's probably more a result of that than anything! But i am defo more relaxed about the pregnancy itself (if that makes sense) x x x x

MrsF - I hear Hawaii is beautiful. I've been so many places but for some reason Hawaii is low on my list. I lived in Los Angeles for a year and really should have gone then. I will have to get out there one day. Are you flying through NY?

Britt and Dragon - I'm hoping my kicks start soon. But I'm not sure I'm feeling anything at the moment so I'm thinking I've got a long way to go.

Ahbon - Sometimes I think how cute it is that they're both in there unaware that what will turn out to be one of the most influential people in their lives their twin is sitting right next to them. I'm sure I'll feel better once I get the amnio results but once 25 weeks hits I'll spend my time worrying about preterm labor. Worrying is my nature though. What kind of dogs does your mom breed? I'm obssessed with my dogs if you couldn't tell.

Maxxi I thought I read something that twins are actually aware of each other in utero. Maybe not?? the whole twin thing fascinates me though, so cool.
when do you find out the genders??

Britt - I think they're aware that something is there but don't know who it is or what the significance is of that thing. The official sexes are going to be given to me with the results of the amnio. I have an appt with the ob on the 17th and they should have the report. Nervous for the results but will like knowing who's definitely on the way. By the way does anyone else have problems with their memory? I'm forgetting who I tell what stories to.

Yeah I think they interact with each other in utero. SUCH a special bond.

I'm not a natural worrier but being a mum made me SOOO anxious! I don't mean to sound like some smug "been there done that" idiot but if you think the worry is bad now, it ain't NOTHING to what it's like when they hand you a newborn baby (in your case 2!!) and say there you go, take that home and keep it alive for 18 years. I can't even keep a house plant alive for a month! :rofl:

The main issue I had with my PND was anxiety. I was utterly convinced that if I took my eyes off Harry for more than a minute he'd stop breathing. I didn't sleep at all for 5 weeks! When Martin went off to work in the mornings I would watch him drive away convinced he'd have a crash and die on the way to work and that was the last time I would see him. Rational thought departed.... Anti-depressants bought it back thankfully or I would have gone completely round the twist!

Hmmm on that cheery note.... :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->