Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Dragon - that will be me and then some. I had been on Paxil for years for anxiety which they took me off of in Oct 2009 when I found out I was pregnant the first time. Even though I miscarried I never went back on the medication knowing that I'd keep trying to get pregnant and the discontinuation syndrome with Paxil is awful. I will go right back on when I can that's for sure. My newest thing is that I'm terrified to fly which if you know me is crazy since I'm traveling all the time. Not for work just to get away. No one wants to sit near me on a plane :nope:. I can't travel now anyway which is a good thing because those poor babies wouldn't make it. I can't imagine what I'll be like when I have to take them on a plane so I'm all for going back on meds.

I'm going straight back on them when Tiger is here. I am considering going on something shortly as the anxiety is returning already. Has been under control without drugs for a couple of years now suddenly if I need to go downstairs I am imagining myself falling down them, I am checking Harrys breathing (FFS he's nearly 5!!) etc etc.... Might just stop the inevitable emotional crash once Baby is here.

Hello everyone! So many things happening to everyone! Well I'm back from London, had a good time - saw dirty dancing and legally blonde which were both great! I also got offered a priority seat on tube and someone asked me when I was due! Ooooh I must be showing properly now, in fact I'm quite scared at the rate I am growing!

Is anyone else having pains, I think it's when I need a wee, I'm not sure, it's hard to describe.

I have had the odd kicky feeling but not regular at all, hadn't felt baby at all yesterday so I did Doppler and heartbeat nice and strong with a couple of kicks thrown in.

I can't wait till I'm getting regular kicks. I also can't wait till my 20 week scan on Friday, yeah anyone want to take bets on gender?

I am appalling at gender guesses.... what do YOU think? I was right both times with mine....

Dragon - I hear you on the anxiety. Such an awful thing to have to deal with. If you have to go back on meds earlier than you planned then so be it. I'm managing now so hopefully can hold out till after everyone's here but who knows.

MrsG - I always thought girl.

Yeah I'm going with the flow with everything this time round. I am going to go back on the meds when I need to (instead of seeing how long I can manage without them which generally culmitates in me sitting in a dark corner rocking or hurling something large at DH's head. For example a stair gate....) I am going to breastfeed for as long as I can manage it (last time I said a year so felt a BIT of a failure after giving up at 5 weeks) and I am asking the grandparents to do my housework (instead of waiting for them to offer as magazines unreliably informed me they would - they would just come round, cuddle the baby, get me to limp to the kitchen and make THEM tea and then sod off again).

This time me and my family come first but I am going to make my health a priority as I was completely buggered last time. And I wallowed. This time I shall go with the flow and stick to what's easiest for us all x

Hey ladies!
Mrs-G, welcome back!! glad you had a good time in London, ahh how sweet that people are noticing now thats awesome :hugs: I dont have any pains when I pee but I read that UTI's are very common in pregnancy, maybe go to your doctor or try some cranberry juice?
I felt boy for you, although I felt boy for me and it was a girl :winkwink:

DM- you guessed completely right for me, you didnt even waiver!
I think your plan is great and yes your health has to be a priority. What is with these grandparents that want to be entertained when you have just had a new baby? I know my parents will be that type too and they will be like "well its convenient for us to come over between 1-3pm to cuddle the baby and then we got to jet" lol...I dont think so
DH's Mom will want to help lots though I think

I like your plan DM. You come first in the sense that you need to take the best care of yourself as you can. Unfortunately and sadly both of my parents have died so they're not around to be part of this. My husband's parents live down south and I think his mom plans to come up for a month to help. She practically raised his brother's first kid. His parents and his brother's family are too enmeshed for me but I'll take the help. We're actually meeting a potential nanny today. My husband's doing though since he likes to plan for everything as early as possible. I would have waited till we know things are ok but he's totally different than me.

Me and my DH are the reverse. I like to do things as soon as they occur to me to avoid being kept up at night pondering, he likes to wait. Although he does it more out of procrastination than caution!

My oh says that we have to wait all the time and says it's because of caution, I'm beginning to think he can't be arsed! Lol

Only 5 days now though and then we can do stuff like order the nursery furniture, if we order now it doesn't deliver till may.

I've been working out my maternity plans, of I work it right I've got 8 weeks left st full time, followed by about 8 weeks of 3 days a week, that's my plan! Hope boss likes it!

Not looking forward to going back to work tomorrow but never mind, this pregnancy is now flying so d day will be here before I know it

Can't wait for the summer!

Mrs f, can't believe you're going to hawai, oh wouldn't let me fly, I'm a bad flyer!
Have a good time and look after yourself and bubs x

Anyone sorted a buggy yet, there are so many to choose from, just how do you choose!

well considering I started buying things for baby 2 years ago when we started trying, I think it is rather too late to start practicing caution!

Including our buggy/pram! It was exactly what I wanted and was reduced from £320 to £150. Its a buggy that converts to a pram, 3 wheeler for when I take Dragon to school (eek!) as there is a shortcut through the fields. It's a Britax Vigour 3+. Cant wait to get it out and have a play....

I would say if you're going for a chunky travel system, don't spend too much as you'll be sick of it in 6 months and trading it in for a light stroller.

ahbon, flying to vancouver on the way out, then a couple of stops on the way back - but can't remember (defo not NY though, shame, cos I do like it there).

Welcome back mrs-g, pleased to see you had a good time x x x

having a really crappy couple of days :cry: don't know what's wrong, just really struggling. feel like such a failure cos i'm really finding pregnancy hard both physically and psychologically. hopefully it's just hormones and will settle down soon. am having a day in bed today cos my bump is so achey underneath and i pulled another muscle yesterday getting up. sat here crying now just feeling so pants.

like i say, hopefully it'll pass x x x

Oh dear mrs f, I keep pulling myself too, it bloody hurts doesn't it!

Hope your feeling better soon.

DM I'm toying with a mamas and papas skate, mothercare my choice 4 or a babystyle oyster'

ahh MrsF, I hope you feel better soon, I think a lot is the hormones, dont beat yourself up, I think the vacation will do you wonders! Wish I was going to Hawaii, but we are waiting until I am on mat leave, DH and I cant get the time off.

LO is kicking really hard right now hee hee :winkwink: little cutie

We bought the Bugaboo stroller, we got the Frog version which is last years model the Chameleon is the new model but we saved $400 by getting this one and its essentially the same. I love the bassinet option and we even bought the bassinet stand so we can use it in the house.

My parents bought us a crib we choose, its called "linen colour" and is pretty cute as it converts into a full double bed later.

anyway, should go
talk soon

If everything is ok on Friday we're gonna order our nursery set, if we order now it's may delivery.

Britt, a crib that converts to a double bed? That's amazing!

DM I'm quite keen on the oyster, do you think it will last a couple of years? It's quite lightweight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->