Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

oh thats great news DM!! Your work is so accomodating, my work sucks the bag with mat stuff! Even the HR manager was like, "we pay you nothing extra when you are off so you would be encouraged to come back to work asap" nice!! they dont even cover the px prenatal vitamins or anything remotely to fertility but they cover any type of birth control you would want!!
Hope the new bed is fabulous.
I had a talk with Piper too, and I told her that she can even be overdue if she has to be, just do NOT come too early!!

hello ladies, where is everyone else?

Our current bed is fabulous, however it is a sleigh bed and far too huge for our rather small bedroom in our new house (the house has walls at funny angles and a chimney etc) so that is getting dismantled and put up in the attic until we have had our extension done in a year or so. Until then we have a dull but perfectly servicable divan bed. it's technically the same size - theyre both king beds - but with the bulky sleigh it's a foot longer and 6 inches wider which is a LOT when space is at a premium. Luckily the other two bedrooms are good sizes. Dragon will be best off I think in his room. Little Miss has the box room but even that is bigger than normal so not too much of a squeeze. Bring on the extension. Bigger bedroom and en suite for us, playroom downstairs for them :D

DM that's great about you're work, I don't get any sick pay at all and have to lump the fact I'm pregnant, still work on average an extra 7.5 hours unpaid per week, I'm stupid I know!!!!

I've started wondering where I'm gonna put everything for baby, gonna do a car boot sale to try and clear some room!!! I think that's what's stopping me buying stuff, I hate clutter!

Oh dear, I've woken up this morning feeling sorry for myself, been awake half the night with a very sore throat making it difficult to swallow and talk. Also had a bit of a blocked nose last couple of days, hope this doesn't last long!!!!

I don't want to take anything so I guess I'd best just put up with it, just hope I don't get a cough cos I think that might hurt my tummy. Hope everyone else is okay!

SCAN DAY TOMORROW - 1 MORE SLEEP TILL I FIND OUT WHAT TEAM I'M IN (still think Blue!) Chinese predictor says blue, all quizzes say blue and needle trick couldn't make its mind up)

DM - I know that I am definitely going to get stretch marks, I have a load already from when I was overweight when I was younger on my tummy, hips and thighs and so I am obviously prone to them! I am just moisturising out of hope more than anything else - it can't hurt!! Your work sounds great and those hours sound much better for you! Congrats to you and Britt on reaching the big 24 week milestone!!

MrsG - yay for scan tomorrow!!!! I will say blue for you too!! Hope youi feel better by then. *hugs*

I scared myself silly yesterday. Had a really nasty asthma attack during the day triggered by the smell of the chemicals the cleaning lady was using. Took ages to get it under control and I was coughing so hard, I really hurt my tummy. Then the same thing happened again when I went to bed for no apparent reason at all!! Am really scared that I have deprived the babies of oxygen let alone what all the coughing is doing to them. I have an asthma review on Monday but I guess I could be one of the unlucky ones whose symptoms get worse during pregnancy, just hope they can help me keep it under control as these attacks are really frightening.

:hugs: to all.......... busy busy busy but not achieving anything lol x

definately got an alien or two in my tummy with what's going on in there this week.

Mrs G hope you feel better today - I'm a lot more snotty than ever before but been told it's a pregnancy thing...... great :happydance: Good luck for the scan tomorrow! x Cant wait for ours on 21st.

MM hope you feel better after your attack yesterday :hugs: Is there a John Lewis near you? they have buggies on show normally... we've picked ours out already - Baby Jogger City Mini - side by side and light enough - most seem to be too heavy for me to think about lifting into a car with my back probs!

Britt - are there laws they need to follow i.e. how much time off and pay you get etc?

DM - glad your work are being good to you :hugs: Not even thought where we can put two little ones at night yet.... hubby started doing up the little room before we got our positive ...... now we think the little room will be too little for 2 so he's got to do the other big room too :haha::haha:

Mrs F hows you? :hugs:

maxxiandniko - how are you? :hugs:

x

ahbon you could have them both in the nursery in one cot bed til theyre a bit bigger then move them into the bigger room a bit later and you can decorate it a bit "older" so will last them longer?

ahbon - oooh are you feeling the babies wriggle then?? How exciting! I have heard lots of people recommend the city mini, may have to have another look into it. Unfortuantely I think the nearest John Lewis to me is Bristol which is 3 and a half hours away!! Think we may have to consider a special trip at some point as there seem to be a lot of things to consider like height of handlebars and whether you can stride behind them and things like that which you'll never know if you dont see them in the flesh!

I'm jealous of you guys! I'm still too superstitious to start setting up a nursery, buy a stroller, etc. I've totally popped out so everyone at work is on to me. I was told to call my ob's office next Wednesday to get the results but I'm thinking the longer I go without hearing from them the more likely everything's ok. We did meet with a potential nanny who seemed very nice and competent and I did tell my boss yesterday that I'm pregnant so that's progress. I was thinking that I'd take a month off and then go back part-time for two months. But honestly I don't know what will happen when. Anything goes after 25 weeks - bedrest, preterm labor, who knows.

Ahbon - Lucky you're feeling something! I think at times that I feel something but nothing 100%.

MrsG - feel better! I still say girl.

Mars - I bent over today to pick up something and had a coughing fit. I'm sure your babies are fine.

Hi DM and Britt and anyone else I forgot!

heya ladies - just a flyer today - just got back from work and am freezing and starving

hope you're all well - mrs-g hope you're feeling better as the day wears on, and can't wait to see which team you're on! x x x

hi abhon - not doing to bad thanks hun, but being at work is a good distraction for me - hpefully this weekend i'll be less down than last x x

hi everyone else - sorry for the quickness - will catch up properly the morrow (or sat when i'm lounging ;) )

much love x x x x

sometimes I am so glad to live in the UK - your maternity laws are sooo stingy over there. We get 9 months off paid (not full pay but still £500 a month - what, $750 or so?) and we accrue leave in that time too so can generally have another month and a half off as holiday too. We are spoilt it has to be said. Sophie is due on 30th June but will prob be sectioned out around the 20th. I will start my maternity leave about the 10th I think, but will have a month's holiday before then so will be off from mid may :D

Mrs G I thought I was :pink: and all the predictors came back pink so I will be surprised if you're not right x

Well guess what ladies...............we're in the pink!!!!!!

Hubby hasn't been prepared to discuss names but I like Jessica x

OMFG did not see that coming!!

jessica is lovely - we have lots of family and friends with that name and our last name is a J name so it was a no. But love it.

My amnio results came back and everything's ok thankfully! And it's definitely 2 boys. I told my husband. He's so freakin happy! Never knew that he had such strong feelings about girls. I've always thought I was pretty easy to live with :haha:

Ah good news all round today! Well done maxi x you must be a nightmare to live with lol!

Thanks everyone x

Hi Ladies!

Sorry I've been MIA -- I went to a conference, then visited with friends & family in North Carolina.

My sister in law had her baby while I was at home, which was a shock for everyone, since she was only 31 weeks. She had HELLP syndrome -- a kind of preeclampsia, very serious, had to have an emergency c-section. Baby Isaac is doing well at 3 lbs. 4 oz. -- lil' lovey. He's got some typical preemie problems, so it's a little nerve-wracking. But is generally healthy for being 2 months early.

I feel my little kicker all the time now! He needs to stay put & bake for many more months, though!

Mrs G -- so excited about your baby GIRL!! Do we have a count now? how many of us are team blue/pink??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->