Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

maxxiandniko - parents have australian shepherd dogs :) Used to have great danes..... was never into small dogs until recently, think they are sweet but not sure I'd want to be seen walking them :haha:

DM so glad you got what you wanted - not thought about birth yet well try not to as I still think they are just going ot burst out of my stomach like in Alien!

Britt - I know what you mean re legs open for all to see - you'd think after 3 IVFs I'd be used to it ......must admit it doesn't phase me me midwifes sticking their fingers up there etc and everyone having a look doesn't really do it for me :nope: lol

Everyone on for a good weekend? No plans for us - think with the pain I have on walking at the moment I'll be having a quiet one.

Max ignore the size comments. You will either be told you are small so you start worrying your child is undersized and malnourished, or they tell you you're huge (this is what I am getting) so you panic that you look like a small whale. You can't bloody win. It has chuff all to do with baby size anyway as I was humungous with Harry and he was 6lb 6 whereas Mightyspu on here was teeny tiny and her little boy was over 9lbs!

Hi ladies,
I need your help with something. I am not sure if its hormones or mother's instincts but I have had some serious doubts on the name we picked for our little girl. Dont get me long I still absolutely love it but I worry if she will get made fun of or picked on for it and if she will grow up one day to hate it. I have had these reservations for awhile but I made the mistake of telling DH yesterday that my dad absolutey hated it and thought someone might call her Pipe for short. Now he thinks I have changed my mind because of what my dad said and he flipped out this morning and said he is not welcome in our house anymore ect... He is mad that we have been calling her "Piper" for 5 weeks now and now I am changing my mind.
I told him it does not have anything to do with my dad or picking a cool name for our daughter, I need to protect her and provide a good life.

For those of you who forget the name we choose was:

Piper Yvonne Marie (last name is with an R)

the other problem is not a lot of other names appeal to me and if I do like it DH hates it. He refuses to discuss other names right now and is acting like a child.

as an FYI, the other name I like right now is

Carys (pronounced Care iss)

please give me your honest thoughts and advice. DM I know you have reassured me before and like the name and thanks so much, sorry for being such a flake....aggghh what is wrong with me :dohh:

I'm sorry you're going thru it today - I like the name Piper - first heard of it on Charmed and loved it then. Whatever the name, try and stay calm and don't let things upset you. My mum doesn 't like the name we like for a girl .....still don't know what we've got yet and to be honest it's our choice anyway!

Lucky for us we have again settled on a fairly inoffensive name. If I'd had my way she would be Ophelia but DH claims he can't pronounce it!

I love all three of the names you have chosen. Imagine someone close in your family is having a girl and has announced that the baby has one of your three names. Which would piss you off most?

Britt, I like piper, it's unusual. Why don't you keep an open mind, we're gonna shortlist 2 or 3 names and wait to see what she looks like!

My baby doesn't move for ages but then she kicks for England, I wish she'd spread it out a bit so I could relax about it more! I love feeling her, can't wait till I'm bigger, although my bump seems to have stopped growing - grr

oooh thought I'd share this - its a clip from Tiger's scan dvd. Its only a minute or two long....

TIGER

G my bump has fits and starts. I think a lot of it is dependant on how much water I've had. I feel a bit like a camel in that respect....

My god DM, that video's amazing, definitely something to bring out on their 18th!

isn't it incredible? i have about 15 minutes of footage but couldn't upload it to anything so i just filmed a few minutes with my phone :haha:

I've just been looking up prices, it's quite expensive isn't it, don't think oh would go for it! Do you think it's worth the price?

Absolutely without question. We were in there for an hour and we were able to share with the whole family. Maybe book it as a mothers day present for the grandmothers?

Hi everybody. I'm away for the weekend but wanted to check in. I'll write more tomorrow. Just wanted to say that Britt, you should go with your gut.

DM - fabulous images :)

Anyone else have in laws they think they could live without? Am still fuming since a phone call last night that attacked my hubby instead of listening to his opinion :( Could quite happily forget they exist at times!

DM that's a fantastic idea, the grandmas would be over the moon but oh gets freaked out by the images he sees, he can't relate them to a baby so he is just so against it, not too sure if I can win him round!

Ahbon, as for inlaws, I'll let you know tomorrow, full day at work then in laws over! Just what ya need to start off your week!

You could get them a little grandmother card each with a little invitation to attend. They'd love that. :)

:wave: lovely ladies

Hope you are all well... page and pages of stuff!!

Britt - i love piper and can't imagine anyone shortening it to pipe?!?! who would other than a 60 year old man?! I have heard so many stories of people telling their baby name to family and friends and everyone has something to say on the matter... we are keeping quiet and telling nobody and god help them if they make comments when the little baby is born!! They will feel my hormonal wrath :winkwink: If she was a Piper when you loved her 5 weeks ago and your only reason is your dad's comments... i think she is still a piper now :hugs:

Hope everyone else is okay?

Just quick question for the UK IVF ladies... after your treatment were you referred to a consultant as well as a midwife?x

Yep I was, at my 16 week midwife appointment she said I was back to midwife led care, but then at my 20 week scan I was back with consultant, not that they had much to say!!!! I was told it was normal but I quite like my pregnancy being special!

Ahh thanks Mrs G - My midwife had booked my consultant appt for the week after my 12 week scan and i have my 16 week midwife check up booked in too - it's quite nice being special i agree! :thumbup:

rachelle - I have consultant led care due to my thyroid issues and twinnies :) off to 20wk (19wk really!) anomoly scan in a bit :)

Hope all have a good day - hubby will have to update his family as I still want nothing to do with them at the moment! furious isn't the word!

Britt - had a thought if Piper was shortened to anything surely it'd be pip as in pip squeak (little) rather than pipe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->