Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

WOOO! Third tri for us!!! My foetus picture has changed on my siggy. Is quite cute :D

Congrats on the third tri ladies!!!

Isa - I remember you, many mnay congraters hon.

I have one teaching week left YAAAAYYYYYY. I am going to try to write my exams this weekend so then I am basically done until the little one arrives.

I know DM, so exciting :happydance::happydance:
Zee- nice to hear from you, OMG you are almost 35 weeks!! congrats on one week left of work. Is all ready for baby now?

:hugs:

p.s. DM why are we still eggplants???? like we have been eggplants for the last 3 weeks, I surely think our babies are bigger than an eggplant!! lol :)

WHY are they called eggplants over there? They don't look like eggs! Theyre aubergines here. Tres continentale.... :rofl:

I think they only change once a month now. Stupid thing.

I just noticed that I'm a banana. How exciting! My cold is better. Don't know if the antibiotics helped but I'm doing better. At least I can breath. I have a story to make everyone feel better. I was at work the other day and one of the guys here who I don't supervise but who is technically under me starts to bow when he sees me and starts chanting "Buddha Buddha". What is up with that?!

britt - heading to Hawaii :) :happydance: well, maui, but it's hawaii in my head :) can't wait - am sooooooo needing to be warm, and laze by the pool and doing bugger all...... 8 sleeps....

x x x x

WHY are they called eggplants over there? They don't look like eggs! Theyre aubergines here. Tres continentale.... :rofl:

I think they only change once a month now. Stupid thing.

ha ha so true DM, we are just whacky over here :rofl:

I just noticed that I'm a banana. How exciting! My cold is better. Don't know if the antibiotics helped but I'm doing better. At least I can breath. I have a story to make everyone feel better. I was at work the other day and one of the guys here who I don't supervise but who is technically under me starts to bow when he sees me and starts chanting "Buddha Buddha". What is up with that?!

congrats on being a banana!! :haha:
wtf?? Buddha, hugh? some people are just dumb :) ha ha
glad you are feeling better hon

britt - heading to Hawaii :) :happydance: well, maui, but it's hawaii in my head :) can't wait - am sooooooo needing to be warm, and laze by the pool and doing bugger all...... 8 sleeps....

x x x x

oh how wonderful!! where do you live MrsF? we are going to Hawaii with LO when she is about 4 months old, its only about a 5 hour flight for us

Hi lovely ladies. Thanks for the well wishes :hugs:. You all are lovely!

Gosh, you all are sooo far gone. I'm definitely the baby here. I have my first scan on Tuesday and am looking forward to it....largely to make sure this is not all a dream.

Yay! good luck for your scan Isi - omg am soooo glad i'm not 5 weeks, is so scary! Am starting to get to the restless stage now, but I am sooo not going to wish this pregnancy away! Stay put little Miss!!!

Here's my 27 week bump

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/IMAG0010.jpg

oh how exciting Isi :happydance::happydance:
how are you feeling?
cant wait to hear the good news on your scan

We go for our 4D scan of Kitten today at 1pm!!! :happydance:
so excited although she is a tired little girl, so hopefully she wakes up and gives us a show

oh and great bump pic DM!! we will do some this w/e

Great bumpage DM :thumbup:

Awww, that's fab about the 4D scan, Britt! Awesome!!! Looking forward to your bump pics :winkwink:

I hardly felt Tiger move at all throughout mine and she was a very active little girl for it - yawning, playing with her fingers etc. My place said have some fruit juice about half an hour before you go in to wake baby up.

okay DM and everyone, I am kind of pissed right now to say the least!
4D scan was a disaster today. Basically she hates u/s to begin with and the tech was super rough, she was literally pressing the probe in so hard it hurt me and tapping and hitting my stomach to get her move her hands. Initially when we started she wasnt so aggressive and Kitten was showing her face wiht her hands underneath her chin but then she became very upset and put her hands, arms and legs (yes her legs) to cover her face and then she was facing my spine. Gee why do you think maybe because the deep probe scared her. I'm sorry guys I could just cry :cry: I feel like the worst mother in the world, and I am worried that she hurt her. Not only did she do the deep probe but she pushed her butt and legs with her hand and it actually hurt me, I had to tell her to stop that it hurts and she was like I didnt hurt the baby its fine, i was like no you hurt me.
Anyway its a private clinic for "entertainment purposes" the equipment was shit and I am not sure she was a real u/s tech.
She offered me another session to see the baby and we declined initially, we finally decided since it was $200 that we would go next week for 5 minutes only with a different u/s tech and only 5 minutes, if Kitten doesnt like it or cooperate we are done I dont care.
Do you think they hurt her? I seriously feel so bad.
on a positive note the first few pics (like 4 mins) we saw of her she looks like my hubby :hugs:

Britt sorry you had such a horrid time of it :( From what I keep reading the babies are well protected in our stomachs x

:hugs: britt - sorry you had such a shite experience hun :( i don't think your little lady would've been hurt at all - you are not a terrible mom sweetheart x x x on the plus side, it's amazing that you could see your DH in her, that's so special and amazing :) I can't remember if i said, but when we had our regular scan on Weds, we saw Harry's little face, and we could definitely tell he has a our big nose! it was the one thing we hoped he wouldn't inherit cos me and DH have got rather large and flarey conks!!! tehe, it was so funny! hopefully he'll grow into it....... ;)

i live near Nottingham in the east midlands of UK - it's gonna take us 24 hours to get to Maui - actually, you USA ladies might be able to help. We've done some research and we've found that a a taxi from the international airport to the resort will be about $100 - i have searched the net for transfers, but could you recommend anything? or give us any travel tips? we're thinking of hiring a car just for a few days that'll get us from the airport to the resort (bout 45 mins transfer time) and drop it off at the little airport near our resort. Anyone with previous experience, do let us know. or any top websites that you can recommend would be a huge help - thankyou :) x x

good luck Isi for you scan hun, i'm so excited for you!!!! looking forward to your update on Tues x x x

DM - loving your bump gal! x x

happy saturday ladies x x x

6 sleeps ....... x x x x

britt - sorry you've had a hard time at the scan - I am told babies have a lot of protection in us and unless hit very hard in the stomach they should be fine! *hug*

DM - great bump pic :)

Neighbours brought their 3day old son to see us (we brought them back from hospital) and he's gorgeous but huge! he was a 9lb'er and eeks I couldn't hold him for long as my arms went to sleep! We wet his head at the pub last night (ok diet coke for me!), they had other friends there with a 10month old and a 2.5yr old...... so cute, little blonde girls but boy I didn't realise they got so big so quick! Makes me think I'm going to struggle with two!

Anyway have a great w/e all.

Happy mothers day for tomorrow from our bumps! x

Oh no, Britt that's awful! Ours was so lovely and patient and didn't hurt at all and I've got a fair layer of fat covering my bump so would have been harder to get pics than you as you're a fair bit slimmer than me. Should have been a breeze! There's no need to push that hard at all. I very much doubt she hurt little Kitten though, probably just bugged her more than anything. But still....

thanks ladies, you made me feel better...poor little monkey, she knows what she likes and what she doesnt, just felt bad for her because she was so scared. Stupid u/s tech "gee why is she is facing your spine" oh my gosh I wonder when your pressing the probe in my stomach 3 inches deep, why would she want to look at it. She was active at 0400am last night so lets me believe all is fine thank goodness.

MrsF- I am soooo jealous of your trip, definitely dont take a taxi...I would recommend either a shuttle bus (there are likely tons of them and one would take you to your area, usually you can pre-book on line) or rent a car. We rented a Jeep while we were there, or would it be too weird driving on the other side of the road? I think it would be very pricey to hire a driver.
If you dont want to rent a car you could take the shuttle to your hotel, and if you are close to the beach you can just walk all the time or take the bus. If you are in a populated area there will be tons of stores and restaurants around. If you want to go on an excursion, usually a shuttle bus will pick you up at a planned resort and drop you off. Hawaii is such a tourist place there are so many options to get around. Have fun lady!!
Oh and I wouldnt worry about the pics showing a "big nose" because the 3D really distorts it from what I can tell,makes the nose look a lot bigger especially when the shots are right on. My DH has a bigger nose and he yelled at the u/s "she's got my nose" I was like :dohh: oh no, ha ha...but you really cant tell I think until she is born and kids grow into it like you said.

Ahbon, I cant believe how far along you are!! :thumbup: how are you feeling hon?

DM where are you????

:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back