Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Glad all went well Ahbon - my friend is also having twins and she found that they had caught up with only a day between them by the time she had an additional scan before 30 weeks x

YAY ISI!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: that's frikkin awesome news gal!!!! I am thoroughly made up for you hunny :) x x x x

heya ladies! How goes it? I hope everyone is feeling abit better - sounds like there've been some germs and viruses flying around :( boo for pregnancy cocking up your immune system.

Well, i never ever thought i'd ever make it - but i'm officially in third tri today :happydance::happydance::happydance: whoop whoop!!!! And may it fly by so very quickly as i'm so uncomfy!!!! Scan on weds to check growth (this is my extra one cos it's IVF) and can't wait to see Harry again!

So many people have said how big i am today :( i know they don't mean to be horrible, but i just don't see it as a compliment. I did snap back to a couple of people (I asked one of them what their excuse was, and another one i asked how they coped with the extra weight :blush:) naughty i know, but i was just so pissed off! i don;t know why but i feel very "got at" / " freak show-like" - just plain uncomfortable when people comment on my size. I used to have an eating disorder so it could be a throw back from that. But i'm also struggling to find nice clothes to fit my shape to make me feel attractive. but then Harry kicks and wriggles and it makes me feel calm and very lucky again.

there's just been a item on our news about IVF funding - and some opinons were read out from the general public saying infertility is not a disease and women shouldn't be able to "get children for free on the nhs" :growlmad: others said that cancer patients should get people's IVF funding instead. there were some positive comments, but i was FUMING with some of the narrow minded comments. You walk in my darkness for 5 years sunshine and and see if you're quick to dismiss IVF treatment.........oooo, some people......dont think they'd last 2 mins in this forum!

anyway, i'm off for a soak, my calf muscles are so tight i think they may have stopped working!

Happy days ladies, much love x x x x

just wanna say that the comment i made about cancer patients wasn't intended to come across as negative to those with cancer - don't think it came across very well - hope noone took offence, really not what i meant :blush: xx x

if anyone's after some maternity clothes, i got some awesome clothes delivered from dorothy perkins online today - check out the palazzo pants - soooooooo comfy and i think they'll be fab for after birth too. the blue print top for a tenner is v flattering too.

laters dudes, off to watch one born every minute to get some pointers...... :wacko:

I knew what you meant MrsF! I love Dotty Ps maternity stuff. My favourite ever jeans are from there and so well priced! And :rofl: at your comments. I am soooo over the comments about my bump. My FH is perfect for my dates so they can all cock right off! If I was smaller they would be asking if I really was pregnant so how do you win?

It's funny how touchy we are! I'm quite laid back at minute (except before 11 when I'm feeling sick!)

Ahbon, glad your scan went well!

Mrs f how come you get an extra scan, you're in notts aren't you? I'm in Derbyshire and I'm all done on my scans now, I've not got to go back to hospital till birth.

Hope everyones getting there.... Baby's back on to kicking again, in fact after I complained yesterday she started kicking me. I weighed myself this morning, I've put on a stone since pre pregnancy normality and a stone and a bit from when I was weighed at the clinic, I hope this is normal? Bit strange that baby is still kicking way down in my pubic region yet I've got a belly full of something lol!

Personally I liked your retorts MrsF. Especially the one about "what's your excuse"!

Ahbon - what are the names again? My memory is awful.

Congrats Rachel!

My ob is sending me to my primary tomorrow to make sure I don't have more going on with the fact that this cold is not going away. I hope I get something to help. I'm miserable!

tehe, thanks ladies :)

loving the "everyone can cock off" comment DM lol, my kinda response!

Mrs-g near notts hun, but my hosp is in lincs. i've never heard of a 28 week growth scan, but the consultant at the hosp wanted one when i went for my 12 week scan (god that seems so long ago!) she said it was due to Harry being IVF and they wanted to monitor his growth rate. i was a bit worried at first cos i wondered if he would be a slow-grower due to ivf, but my 20 week scan put him at the perfect size, and when the midwife did the tape measure thingy on my belly last week, he was spot on. i've got another one booked in for 32 weeks too cos of the low-lying placenta - scan crazy this end!!!!

will upload the piccies on weds evening x x x

did anyone see one born every minute - :cry: for the lady who had IVF triplets, they were premmies but all turned out good :)

x x x x

i cried like a little girl the whole way through it. Esp when they delivered William and his scrawny little legs were kicking furiously - gorgeous!

MrsF are you having a Harry too? :cloud9:

How's everyone doing today? I saw my primary today and she started me on antibiotics. I'm hoping they will do the trick. I'm tired of being sick :nope:

Maxi, hope the antibiotics kick in soon. Mines just about gone, just a little snotty still! Feel ok though and this morning has been the first morning without feeling sick so all's good here, although my dh just told me I look rough! Nice hey, especially when I'm feeling good.

I'm contemplating a 3G scan, just don't know if it's really worth the money although I've found one on eBay for 95 pounds which looks ok, don't need it for another few weeks so I can have a think about it!

It says in my pregnancy book that I should be recognising a pattern with baby's movements, I can't though, the only thing I recognise is the fact that she seems to wake up when I do and fall asleep when I do! I think I just don't feel her in my sleep.

Well 3.5 weeks left of full time work, yeah, can't wait. Oh wants to book a holiday for 1st week in may, flying is a no no for me so not too sure what to do. He wants to go on a boat on the broads but I'm worried about my movement and balance? I'll be 26 weeks, what do you guys think who are further along? At the minute my bump is small and neat but will I be much bigger by then? I'm going to ask the midwife for some advice when I go Tuesday.

Gotta go work now x have a good day everyone

hey all!

CONGRATS ISI!! that's fabulous news!

Maxxi and Ahbon - you two seem to be getting way more scans and appointments than me! I saw my midwife and consultant in week 15 and wont see the midwife now til week 25 and the consultant til week 30!! I had a scan at 13 weeks and my only scans now will be at 20, 28, 32 and 36! Boo!

Re size - my mother in law upset me sooo much the other day when we were out for lunch and said 'you're a lot bigger than you ought to be for the number of weeks along you are aren't you'!! I spluttered about being the equivalent of 5 months with a singleton but just went home and cried as I have already been struggling with the concept of losing control of my body. Interestingly my sister seems to think I'm tiny for being preg with twins so I guess you really just can't win!

MM this is me at 17 weeks with one. Judge for yourself ;)

She just wants to sound like she knows what she's talking about - like EVERYONE that furnishes us with unwanted opinions. My bump looks big but my FH is bang on so as I have said before, everyone who wants to comment on the size of my tummy can cock right off!

https://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c306/lefunch/Untitled1-2.png

Mrs G the place I got mine done, their cheapest is £89 and theyre doing 20% off so will be more like £75. Have a good poke around, you might find a bar-jin x

Oh MM - i'm so sorry for people being so insensitive :hugs: My sister is naturally a size 8-10 and very petite - she said she felt so unnattractive during pregnancy and got told by the MW that bump was small so had another growth scan - baby was 7'11 so not too small at all! Me on the other hand, i'm a size 16 and feel like a gigantic heiffer now i'm duffers!

I'm sure you look lovely hun... i've got a badge that says 'i'm not fat i'm pregnant' :haha:

rachelle one of my colleagues got me one of those as well! I wear it to work all the time :D

Hi ladies, how are you?
MrsG- I am flying next week to Vancouver and I will be over 27 weeks and I am travelling today, I think you can fly 32 weeks without a note and up to 36weeks with a note. I fly all the time for my job and wouldnt be able to cope if I didnt. This baby already has several airmiles, more than most people ha ha

Maxxi- hope you feel better love and glad you got the antibotics.

I think I may be a weirdo because I actually really like when people say I look big, it makes me feel good that baby is growing and healthy. I was a little upset when people told me initially I looked small. I went from omg you do NOT look 5 months pregnant to "how many weeks is she due in" :haha: I just laughed and said 3 months and that she is a hungry girl.
The guy at the mall I am aquaintances with told me the other day "wow you are a big girl" ha ha, he has seen me throughout my pregnancy, I just blushed and smiled :blush:
A lot of my friends that gained a big amount in pregnancy lost it soon after with BF, I will concentrate on that later

anyway, off to another business trip
:hugs:

DM I am up another box, whoo hoooo!!! gosh we are far along hey!!

mars - :hugs: in the words of DM, she needs to cock off... ;)

hello ladies :) had my scan this morning - well, 3 to be exact!!! (DM, i sure am having a Harry :) ) his head is 256mm and his tum, 248mm (i think) so he's a big boy! He's on the end of the normal range. So growth wise, he's doing just fine :) placenta is still too low though. I had to have a second scan after i'd drunk more fluid as they couldn't quite get to the end of the placenta, and then Harry was using it as a pillow, so it squished even further down. After lots of wiggling, and moving him with my hands on my belly (v bizarre!!!) i had to have a TV scan. and they still couldn;t get an accurate shot - Harry clearly likes a pillow or two. so, cos it's too near birth canal, i have another scan in 4 weeks to see if it has moved. If it hasn't, then i'll have another at 36 weeks, and if it still hasn;t moved, it's a c-section in week 39.

Mrs-g - i'm flying in next week, gonna get my note from the midwife on tues as AirCanada requires one (have you heard that Britt? i read something on their website about needing a note if you're 28 weeks travelling through canada - gonna get one to be on the safe side. I know i'm good for america) - but if you're thinking of staying in blighty, I reckon you'll be fine on the broads - have always wanted to do a barge holiday! my balance is rubbish, but nothing new there! Not sure how big you are now, but i can't imagine you'd be huge by then, so i think you'll be just fine :)

9 sleeps til my hols - if i can actually get some sleep - just too excited!!!

hope everyone is doin good - catch you laters x x x x

Aww Harrys are great! Mine is gorgeous anyway :cloud9:

Britt we're third tri tomorrow - omg can you believe it??? And I know what you mean, I LOVE having a big tummy! I carry all of my weight on my belly anyway so it's nice for it to supposed to be there for once! Makes me actually look slimmer! i just get peeved that it's suddenly OK to comment on a lady's size. IT'S NOT!!! and people always have to have an opinion and think theyre right. Your bump is never just right, it's always huuuuge or tiny.

That being said, some of the comments are funny. My rota at work all call me Widey or Wide Load. One of my supervisors the other day exclaimed oh my god! there's a small village advancing on me!!! oh its ok, it's just Lindsay. Like, cheers! :rofl:

ha ha thats hilarious DM!! :rofl:
yes third tri tomorrow!! :happydance:
MrsF where are you going on your vacation?

gosh so knackered....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"