• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

ahh Maxxi, why arent you excited for yours? all has been okay right?
its in a few days right?
I am nervous too hon, I think its normal

Besides those few days of bleeding/brown discharge I think everything is ok. I'm nervous that I'll go in and they won't find a heartbeat like happened the first time.

Thx mercy!

Maxxi - try not to be nervous :) this is an exciting time.

Britt- good luck!!! I had no idea it was standard for moms over 30 in Canada to get that done. Do you find out right away?

thank you, yeah pretty standard and then an automatic after age 35. I am in Alberta though, and it seems like they have pretty good care for prenatal here. You can even opt for a first time c-section here and have it paid for... the only problem is a shortage of hospitals in Calgary.

yes, I have been told that the doctor will review the results with us right there. Its a specialized maternal/fetal medicine clinic in Calgary that does 12 week scans (there are 3 of them here). The blood work results will be in and with the u/s and can give you a 90% detection rate. Although its not guaranteed, the only thing that tells you definitively is an amnio. We will be given a risk factor and go from there.

gosh I hope its okay

ahh Maxxi, why arent you excited for yours? all has been okay right?
its in a few days right?
I am nervous too hon, I think its normal

Besides those few days of bleeding/brown discharge I think everything is ok. I'm nervous that I'll go in and they won't find a heartbeat like happened the first time.

oh you poor thing, I understand your stress. I have had a wave of panic and sickness in the last 30 minutes that something will be wrong and I dont have MS! this is so hard hey ladies? one hurdle at a time

:hugs:

Hi everyone, good luck for your scans, hope yours went ok today Britt.

Not really much happening with me, apart from the fact I can't wait to go on maternity leave!!!!!!

I am 8 weeks today, still no major issues, feeling more tired and less motivated. Got my midwife appointment Wednesday so I'll learn more about what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Hi Ladies,
I will post more tomorrow but wanted to let you know we had an awesome day! Baby is perfect and actually measuring 13w1d (so big growing baby :) I got my risk assessment and I am completely negative for downs or chromosomal problems :happydance: I think its like 1/5500 which is the highest that scale can be, so DH and I are thrilled.
The cute little monkey was wiggling around and even put its hand on his head a few times- too cute. I love him/her so much already it hurts.

I have attached a few pics for you
cant wait to hear of your scan Maxxi, I know it will be great
talk to you ladies soon
hugs,

Attachments

• laying around.jpg
    laying around.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
  • hands up.jpg
    hands up.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 0
  • far away view.jpg
    far away view.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 0
Beautiful pics Britt......xxxx How exciting

Good luck with your scan today Maxxi....thinking of you xx

Good luck tomorrow MamaMirfy... wow scan week!!!

Well I have the Midwife appt booked for the 10th Jan and my next scan on the 17th Jan, so seems like ages away , but I am sure it will come round quickly!!!

Still a nice bit of dry heaving/ nausea going on here.... am just praying it disappears at 12 weeks cos I am counting down till then! xx

Oh, Britt! Your baby is beautiful! Wow, I can't believe how big s/he is -- that's really exciting. Thrilled to hear your good news! :happydance: :hugs:

Beautiful scan pics. xo

How many weeks were each of your for your first scan? xo

britt - i love love love your baby photos :) :happydance: they moved me forward too! When's your edd now? mahoosive hugs hun x x x

maxxi - :hugs: how'd do get on hun, thinking of you x x x

dilly - waiting sucks huh?! x x x sorry you're feeling the nausea gal, i have every empathy - that also sucks x x x

mama - good luck for tomorrow - you must be soooo excited :) x x x

mrs-g - :hugs: i hear you with the mat leave!!!! ours is pretty crap moneywise, so i'm saving like crazy so i can have 6 months off x x x

AFM - was wishful thinking that i'd turned a corner :( feeling utter utter pants. i was on progynova (oestrogen 8 mg daily) and progesterone (800mg daily). On top of the nausea, my legs are constantly on fire with itchyness, and my nipples are dry and cracked and so painful. I ran all this past the midwife yesterday and she thinks i have a sensitivity to pregnancy hormones - bloody typical! I feel so gutted after everything we've been through to get here - i want to enjoy this pregnancy so much, but my body is just not letting me.

so, in my bid to fight this, i have calamine lotion for my legs, lanolin cream for my nipples, and am eating rice and bananas every two hours to try and keep on top of ms. I have two catnaps a day, and do my hair and make up everyday to try and feel nice (which is all well and good til after the catnap where i just look like i've been for a night out on the tiles...). Am hoping and praying that i don't feel this way throughout whole of pregnancy, but i have a sneaky feeling i might.

oh well, sorry for the down-post ladies, promise to be more chipper next time!

much love x x x

ps - hi blue :) good to see you hun x x x my first scan was at 6 weeks as i paid for a viability scan. Then i had my normal 8 week scan, and i've just had my 12 week one. Have you got one scheduled? x x x

heya ladies - have just updated the first post with a members list. If you could let me know your edd, i'll update it, and could you chose a colour you would like to be highlighted in :) Purple has already gone i'm afraid. If two ladies opt for the same colour, i shall take the first that posted :)
x x x

thank you ladies so much for the well wishes, ahh it is amazing hey.
I feel like the luckies women. Its funny I found out a huge deal is falling through for me, that would have set me up on mat leave and I didnt even care yesterday, I would take a healthy baby over all the money in the world.

MrsF- because I am pretty sure of when I ovulated I think they are going to leave my dates as is until the 18 week scan. They said it could just be a big growing baby... :) hee hee

I am excited for the upcoming scans for you ladies :hugs:

I would like a teal blue colour if possible MrsF
(probably because I really think I am having a boy)

:hugs:

britt - lol, can you check that i've "tealed" you - is that right??? lol, sorry, baby brain kicking in.... x x x

Just a quick update -

Britt - those scan photos are precious! Congrats!

I had my scan. The two of them are still there and they've got heartbeats! I feel so relieved. He's discharging me to my oh so my next scan will be either next week or the week after that. I don't have an EDD yet though.

OMG Maxxi I had no idea that you are having twins!!! :happydance::happydance: Congratulations hon, now enjoy your pregnancy momma! Well done!! :hugs:

maxxi, that's incredible news cherub :) x x x x many congrats on your double-bump ;) x x x

Thank you guys! I'm going to try to enjoy it. I have to do either an amnio or cvs because I did icsi so I'm sure I'll freak out then but for now I'm going to let the news settle in and I'm going to try and relax

OMG, Maxxi! TWINS?!?! :wohoo: That's AMAZING!

Oh, btw... I'm joining you girls! :blush: EDD = Aug 30!

welcome over megg :happydance: whoop whoop !!!! chose a colour and let me know your edd and i'll update first page. May i officially wish you a happy and healthy 8 remaining months :) x x x x

https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...list-your-ivf-successes-here.html#post8307092

hopefully this'll work! Isi is starting a sticky IVF thread over in AC forum for others to take hope and support from. Just wanted to let you know in case you wanted to add to it :)

x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->