Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

Britt I can't believe you're still working away!!!! I'm supposed to be going to Whitby the weekend I finish work, I'll be 35 weeks then and that's scaring me going so far away from the hospital but at least I'll be with oh.

I'm at midwives this morning so I'm trying to avoid eating and drinking orange juice but I'm getting hungry and water isn't hitting the spot, I had protein and glucose in my urine last time and midwife says that she is monitoring me so I'm a bit scared to drink or eat anything that may be sugary!

OMG I felt the weirdest thing ever last night, baby is now moving my belly around but last night I found a hardening on my bump so I touched it and it pulled away, it was like a hand or a foot pulling away from me, it was very weird and made me feel a bit uncomfortable!

Try some milk. I'm borderline diabetic or something so I monitor my bg and the protein in the milk will break down slower than carbs so spike your bg slower. Also fills you up. From what I understand if there's protein in your urine that won't come from just one sugary meal, but dunno about the glucose tbh.

Fasting might actually raise your bg as well, mine is fine all day. I could eat a bag of augar and it'll be fine but when I fast ie at night I wake up with it borderline high. Something to so with your body using your liver stored glycogen but using too much. I don't rly understand it tbh but rly the mw will be wanting to test you in your normal state if you know what I mean.

Thanks Cranberry, I gave in and ate some coco pops cos I was hungry!!!!

Appointment went ok, I'm still measuring a week ahead, well sort of, it's Tuesday today and I'll be 32 weeks on Friday so in effect I'm only half a week ahead. Miswife says baby head down so thats good, she also says back is on right hand side but I disagree, I'm sure I keep feeling her bum on the left.

All my bloods and swabs came back normal from last time so everything is ok. Heard heartbeat, was beating at about 136 per minute. Gotta go back in 3 weeks, I'm ever so forgetful though, I forgot my handbag when I was called in and had to go back for it, then I forgot to book my next appointment!!! Doh.

I popped into a nursery to get an info pack as it was next to doctors and found that it was also a sure start centre so I picked up some info about mums and bumps class which is on a Tuesday between 1.30 and 3pm. Was going to go today but I forgot and ended up booking a hair appointment at half two! I'm sooooo thick! and possibly a little scared of going to a group on my own for the first time! I'd better go or I'll miss my hair appointment.

Britt I can't believe you're still working away!!!! I'm supposed to be going to Whitby the weekend I finish work, I'll be 35 weeks then and that's scaring me going so far away from the hospital but at least I'll be with oh.

I'm at midwives this morning so I'm trying to avoid eating and drinking orange juice but I'm getting hungry and water isn't hitting the spot, I had protein and glucose in my urine last time and midwife says that she is monitoring me so I'm a bit scared to drink or eat anything that may be sugary!

OMG I felt the weirdest thing ever last night, baby is now moving my belly around but last night I found a hardening on my bump so I touched it and it pulled away, it was like a hand or a foot pulling away from me, it was very weird and made me feel a bit uncomfortable!

oh how cool...yes MrsG that is most certainly a foot or knee and its VERY cool. My stomach is quite lumpy, I literally think she has run out of room because I can see all body parts lol. The coolest thing is I saw her footprint and she ran it along the side of my stomach :cloud9: ahh loved that so much, you are entering the super fun stage now!!

Okay kitten is going crazy as I type this, man she is a strong little girl, literally takes my breath away sometimes.

DM, we are at the last box of my ticker!!! :happydance::happydance: and then I believe we become a watermelon at 37 weeks! :thumbup:

Oh I can't wait to be a watermelon!!!! NOT! How is it even possible to consider a watermelon coming out if that tiny hole! It is unthinkable that a womans body can stretch that far! Oh dear!

knees, feet, bums and elbows are so weird when they pop out of the bump aren't they!! It makes my bum go funny, but is totally mesmerising at the same time!!!

Britt- i can't believe you're still business tripping - go girl!!! You must be as fit as a fiddle! I about passed out walking up the stairs earlier!!! you put me to shame gal! x x

mrs -g i looked at the nursing stuff, and just couldn't get my head round it all!! :shrug: I ended getting a couple of good bras from debenhams (so much more comfy and supportive for my gigantic puppies than i had anticipated) and i ended up getting a few stretchy vests from primark. I can totally recommend primark's "lounge pants" £5er each, soft thin cotton, so comfy. I now have 3 pairs - 1 for induction and labour (clearly not til then end....lol) and 2 pairs for after. I'm normally a size 10, and i got the 16 for comfort - think they'll be fab for after birth as the waist band is stretchy and v soft. I also have a variety of vests - 2 for labouring, 2 for sleeping in, and then a couple for daytime in hosp. ooo, i also found a cheap low support "sports bra" / crop top for labouring - £4 - cotton so v breathable. I thought if my vest got a bit much / bit clingy, i can whip it off and still be relatively comfy up top. i think that's my bag finally done....

started on the raspberry leaf tea today - go the go ahead from the midwife so thought i'd give it a whirl - doesn't taste bad at all. I've got the tablets too if the tea gets too much. anyone else taking it or thinking of taking it?

off to cook some thai-inspired soup :) random comment, but there we go :) hope all is well ladies, speak soon x x x

I'm nowhere near due yet obv but I'm gonna try anything and everything once I'm
Close to avoid being induced. Someone mentioned acupuncture too to get things going but that can get expensive. Not sure I'd try curry - far too high a chance of having explosive diarrhoea while in labour for me :haha:

lol, cranberry - my sentiments exactly re the curry!!!! I can just see it now...... x

G - thanks for the MC tip off. I got some pyjamas and a couple of nursing tops for hald price. happy day. Also they were doing a thing where if you spend over £100 you get £20 off, so i added the baby monitor that i wanted and got my £20 off. It was £10 more expensive than amazon but with the discount ended up cheaper, even with delivery charge. Result!

Britt - I have good days and bad days with my pelvis. The bad days do seem to be when her head is down deep so obviously that has a massive effect. My MW told me that until they finally engage they do pop in and out for quite a few weeks and things like sleep position etc can knock them up or down. I'm not so fussed as at least I am getting some good days! I wish someone would explain to her that although I appreciate her efforts to get in the right position, she really needn't bother and it hurts! :rofl:

F - thanks for the Primarni lounge pants tip. gonna get me some of them for dossing about the house like a pikey after she's born! Although their sizing and quality is appalling. MIL got H some Dr Who pyjamas from there, age 5-6. H is 4. They are so bloody tight he honestly looks like he should be on the starship enterprise.... :rofl:

Oh and I went into labour naturally with H at 38 weeks. I had a shag and a curry the night before. ;)

totally agree DM with the sizings - the 16-18 fits nice under my bump, not tight, not too loose - not sure how they'll fit once bump goes down, but i don;t think that's gonna happen for a while after birth!!!! tehe, will bear the pj sizing in mind when buying for this bubba....

hat's off to you for the nooky the night before - i cannot think of anything worse (no offence to DH)........ ;) x x x

Ok I've gone up 3 knicker sizes already! 4 rly as these are tight, I usually wear midis so they're subject to the bloat. Gonna get some under bump ones which should mean can go back to old size and also some massive granny pants to see if they fit. Marks n sparks visit tmw I think.

cran if it helps, I got some huge over bump ones and i am actually finding the Sainsburys ones to be a lot more comfy than the M&S ones which tend to roll down and are a bit baggy on the sides. I bought my normal size 16 and they fit fine. I gave up with under bumps as they just roll down. Am surprised DH still wants to do the jiggy with me with my masseeeeve pants!

Don't think my dh wants to come near me full stop! I'm not complaining though, I'm right off the idea too. Not too sure about it later when we've got to try stuff to get me started! Lol

I'm still wearing my pre pregnancy pants (knickers). My bump appears to be way above the knicker line, do you think it will change? Do I need to shop in preparation for a morning they won't fit, I'm not going commando!

Well I'm back at work today! I'm not looking forward to it, just want to stay at home but I can't! Grrrrr I think if I'd not opted for part time this week would have been my last week, instead I've still got 4 sets of 3 days left! Bugger!

Going to Whitby this weekend though and the weather is supposed to be good so looking forward to that, roll on Friday night!

Morning ladies!

I am still wearing my normal knickers and bras! I find knickers just sit happily under the bump and my boobs STILL haven't grown!! Then at least I havent had to spend any money yet either! I picked up a couple of nighties from Primark the other week in the biggest size they do - am reckoning on being pretty huge in that last couple of weeks! They have buttons at the chest so am hoping they might do for feeding but will check out the mothercare sale too!

Finally finished the majority of the decorating over the weekend and the carpets went down yesterday! Woohoo!! Cots should be arriving later this week so I'll be able to get the nursery set up and get some of the crap out of my dining room!! OOh I meant to say thanks to Ahbon too for the tip about the IKEA sofas, am def going to look into it although suspect I'm not gonna have the space.

Hope everyone is well!

Maxxi - Hope you and your boys are all doing well *hugs*

i got my pants from next in christmas sale (so i was about 3 months then) and they've grown with me - so comfy. but i wear thongs...not everyone's cuppa tea....under bump ones, best buy ever x x x

i just do not have the arse for a thong so normally its shorts for me.

And for those of you who have gone off sex (sorry this may be TMI) - give it a try. Honest to betsy I orgasm soooooo easily now and normally i struggle. Something to do with increased blood supply to the lady areas apparently. But the other night just a few minutes foreplay and a quickie generated FOUR.

I wouldnt want to expose the world to both my ass and my belly, that would be too cruel.

i just do not have the arse for a thong so normally its shorts for me.

And for those of you who have gone off sex (sorry this may be TMI) - give it a try. Honest to betsy I orgasm soooooo easily now and normally i struggle. Something to do with increased blood supply to the lady areas apparently. But the other night just a few minutes foreplay and a quickie generated FOUR.

:thumbup:
maybe I WILL give it a try then
we have gone off it mostly because DH is not feeling well at all for months now, poor guy- hopefully we will get some action this weekend (sorry tmi)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->